PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 "Agile" barbarian substitute levels/varient?

Jane_Smith
2010-01-19, 09:43 PM
Im trying to work with a barbarian concept in mind for one that relies on instinct for strength and speed rather then raw endurance. Is their any builds that like, give a barbarian +str, +dex, and no penalty to ac? Or a dodge bonus while raging? Or maybe an extra attack with all weapons at full bab when making full attacks, etc? Anything 'speed' or furious-like themed honestly, but less on the whole juggernaut/bear/etc feel.

If you know any homebrew sources, or have ideas of your own, please posty? Me love you long time.

Edit;

My current build revolves around jumping and power attacks, and charges, and later, pounce for full attacks after charging. Plenty of mobility/movement speed/acrobatics, and retains the ability to use dex-based skills like balance, tumble, etc. I have found off-source rules for actually running along walls to get greater height/running starts with jumps, which I plan on optimizing this little jungle-fighter with on trees. This barbarian will also use poisons - javelins and a falchon he will put ranks into craft (poison) and use poison feat to do so before any fight. CN aligned.

Mikka
2010-01-19, 09:47 PM
How about something like. . . "Whirling Frenzy" thats a cool name for it? . . hmm instead of +CON it gives an additional attack, thats like a melee rapid-shot, -2 to all attacks while you whirl.

deuxhero
2010-01-19, 09:48 PM
Perhaps take the Monk's wis to AC and speed->barbs DR trade in reverse?

DaTedinator
2010-01-19, 10:14 PM
How about something like. . . "Whirling Frenzy" thats a cool name for it? . . hmm instead of +CON it gives an additional attack, thats like a melee rapid-shot, -2 to all attacks while you whirl.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy )

Jane_Smith
2010-01-19, 10:20 PM
hmm, wisdom and dex to ac.. I like that idea.

so -

Fast Movement: The barbarians base land speed is increased by +10 feet at 1st level. At 10th level, this bonus becomes +20. At 20th level, it increases to +30. This replaces the barbarians standard fast movement.

Whirling Frenzy - +4 strength, +2 will saving throws, +1 attack each round as a swift action at your highest base attack bonus, -2 penalty to attack rolls while in a whirling frenzy, cannot use int-based skills, abilitys/items/etc that require concentration or command words to use, or any dex-based skills except for balance, tumble, and use rope? Also cannot use combat expertise while raging. This replaces (does not stack) with the barbarians rage ability. This ability counts as rage for the purpose of meeting feat and prestige class prerequisites.

Improved Whirling Frenzy reduces the attack penalty to -1, improves the strength bonus to +6, the will save bonus to +3, and grants a bonus attack at the characters full base attack bonus when making full attack actions.

Greater whirling frenzy removes the attack penalty, improves the strength bonus to +8, the will save bonus to +4, and allows a free attack at the characters full base attack bonus as a imediate action instead of a swift action.

Rugged Survivor: You gain your wisdom bonus (if positive) as a insight bonus to your armor class. The bonus gained by your wisdom bonus (if any) in this way cannot exceed your barbarian class level. This replaces (does not stack) with barbarians damage reduction class feature.

Other ideas - Toss that trap reflex thing ability (forgot the name at the moment) and give it good reflex saving throws.

~~~~~~~~

Completely ignore this thread/post/etc. I did not know of that varients exsistance, thank you. :smallbiggrin:

deuxhero
2010-01-19, 10:34 PM
No, the monk speed and barb speed STACK (one is enchantment, the other is untyped).