PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Would someone(s) please share wth me their most alien/"primordial" creatons?

Pika...
2010-01-19, 11:00 PM
Hey again,

If you have seen my last thread on Homebrew concerning the "Lasts" of ancient races/creatures/species (*Linkie* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139025)) in my homebrewed cosmology you might have an idea already of what I need.

You see my cosmology has set ages (time periods) which I am planing out that start from the multiverse's beginning (It's manifestation is Io), and ends with the final age from which the Mind Flayers fled back in time from (represented by Chronis [sp?]). However at the very beginning there were not so much "ages" as there was phases, for it was basically the earliest time period when there was nothing but "stuff"/"potential" (aka like at the Big Bang there was nothing but matter). Anyway in this early period the first beings to exist here (aside from Io and Chronis) were wandering by Far Realm entities. They saw this little bubble floating in the Far Realm, and shrank/popped in to investigate.

Those that were intrigued started gathering this "stuff" and making all kinds of strange new concepts with it such as "Law", and "Chaos", often manifesting them in things likes a sculptor would represent world peace in a strange put covered with soda cans. Examples of these craft projects are currently known as "The Abyss", "Batoor", "Celestial", 'Dream", and "Nirvana".

Eventually some of these entities, for various reasons from entertainment to madness and reasons beyond sane comprehension, began to create things that can move and act on their own, most of which (except mostly for the very early attempts) possessed some level of sentience. Examples of these early works were/are the Aboleths (turns out they are older than the gods folks!), the Obyrith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29#Obyrith), the mysterious ancient Batoorians, and the dark creepers/dark stalkers.

Later as more concepts and things progressed, and the currents of "stuff" began to flow more calmly and in a more united current the ancient entities along with their obtained practice began to create what now would be considered more "sophisticated" beings. Some of these were more powerful than others, and the strongest/most powerful of which that tend to go by the title "Gods" today. Weaker ones often have titles such as Animal Lords and Elemental Princes/Princesses.

Ayway, sorry for the rant there. Wanted to get this all on paper finally. :smallsmile:

So basically while I would love more "primitive races", what I could especially use are some homebrewd races (and creatures/monsters/whatever too!) that would fit well with the Aboleths, Obyriths and such. Any old ones you might have lying around that you wuld not mind another DM using would be appreciated.

I want them, and if possible some unique/new/exciting primitive style races (by standard D&D stands) would also be great.

I wish to use them for single NPCs as Lasts (see my initial link above), so I figured for those already made by other people that they no longer need would beat homebrewing tons of new races for single cases.

Right now I need one for my next game for a "primordial" Last who resides in an ancient secluded temple (actually an ancient city he maintains himself) up in the mountains of my "home" continent.

Many Pikas in advance for any and all help!

Jane_Smith
2010-01-19, 11:13 PM
I dont have the stats anymore, but years ago one of my earlier 3.0 homebrew's was of a 4-armed grey-furred, spider-eyed goblin like race. They were small - and i think they got a -2 str, +2 dex, -2 con for stats, tremersense 60 ft., climb speed, a -4 penalty to search and spot checks, a +4 bonus to listen and move silently checks, and... I think they had stonecunning like a dwarf.

I called them "The Ashkin" - they lived in the ash-covered wastelands of a heavily volanic region. They had white fur like apes and black/dark grey/sometimes purpleish/blue skin. However, they had humanlike intelligence, and had underground/mountain tunnel villages and communities. Usually CN aligned.

afroakuma
2010-01-19, 11:41 PM
The lamenti (outsiders of Pandemonium) are pretty primal. Scary lookin', too.

Links available here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94009).

Pika...
2010-01-24, 02:50 AM
I dont have the stats anymore, but years ago one of my earlier 3.0 homebrew's was of a 4-armed grey-furred, spider-eyed goblin like race. They were small - and i think they got a -2 str, +2 dex, -2 con for stats, tremersense 60 ft., climb speed, a -4 penalty to search and spot checks, a +4 bonus to listen and move silently checks, and... I think they had stonecunning like a dwarf.

I called them "The Ashkin" - they lived in the ash-covered wastelands of a heavily volanic region. They had white fur like apes and black/dark grey/sometimes purpleish/blue skin. However, they had humanlike intelligence, and had underground/mountain tunnel villages and communities. Usually CN aligned.

Interesting.

If you remember anything else/better please let me know.

Not quite the incredible presence NPC I was looking for, but perhaps could serve as a comedic sidekick/aid NPC that just never seems to stay down when dropped by enemies (maybe even is the secret "good force" behind the PC's deeds as revealed at the end)?

The lamenti (outsiders of Pandemonium) are pretty primal. Scary lookin', too.

Links available here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94009).

Thneiskontes are terrifying lamenti containing the essence of mortality. These malevolent fiends hate and envy all who do not linger on the brink of extinction, as they do. Veiled by an aura of death, these lamenti are feared and avoided by all except for those who desperately need their counsel.

This is PERFECT for the ancient NPC I was dreaming up.

May I please use?

Also maybe add to my cosmology's site's Unique Monster's with proper credits afterward?

Who knows, the others might also be useful to me as other NPCs. It would mean your races' would be extinct, though. :/