PDA

View Full Version : Flash and Firefox

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-01-19, 11:08 PM
Ok, have noticed many different things are missing here and there when I use my browser. Finally I have one to pinpoint. I have the latest adobe flash player yet can see none of the pics here:
http://wcbstv.com/slideshows/bloopers.internet.movie.20.228730.html

Any ideas?

Crimmy
2010-01-19, 11:23 PM
I've found that Firefox somewhat hates Flash.
I sometimes can't use flash games/stuff because it will simply refuse to load. And sometimes Firefox crashes on me when using flash.

So, basically, I have no advice, but if you have had anything of the things I've said, then it's most probably a Firefox thing, and as such, it would be better to ask such things on a Firefox Forum.

That, or complain to the creators.

Mando Knight
2010-01-19, 11:41 PM
I don't think it's Firefox, or at least not Firefox 3.5 (.7), since I can see the images perfectly well where I am. Is it being blocked by something?

Renegade Paladin
2010-01-19, 11:59 PM
For me, Firefox has always refused to acknowledge that I have Windows Media Player installed, and recently has begun refusing to acknowledge that I have QuickTime either. :smallconfused:

valadil
2010-01-20, 09:42 AM
That page doesn't work for me in opera either. The problem may not be on your end...

I agree that flash is problematic though. If it crashes once, it won't work until you restart firefox. And boy does it crash. I installed the flashblock extension so that flash only runs when I click on it (or if I pre-approve a site - youtube and hulu are pointless without flash so it's approved for them).

lesser_minion
2010-01-20, 12:02 PM
I tried it. I didn't have any problems using Opera, but it was incredibly slow to respond in Fx.

I get the impression that it might be a problem with the NP flash plugin.

Haruki-kun
2010-01-20, 12:32 PM
Flash and Firefox

I'm sorry, I neither read comics nor play Pokemon.

RandomNPC
2010-01-20, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry, I neither read comics nor play Pokemon.

Oh come on, my joke was ninja'd before i even opened the thread!

On a more serious note, i've got dial-up AOL and it works, so you should be able to see that site fine...

Pinnacle
2010-01-20, 10:31 PM
I can see those images fine in FireFox.

I can't see YouTube videos. Haven't been able to for a good while now. There was a time it worked, followed by a time it no longer worked. Always get "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player" with a link to get the latest version.
It is, in fact, turned on, and I do have the latest version.
'Course I can't get it to work in IE, either...

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-21, 06:33 PM
For me, Firefox has always refused to acknowledge that I have Windows Media Player installed, and recently has begun refusing to acknowledge that I have QuickTime either. :smallconfused:

Glad to know it's not just me.

Perhaps we should all trot over to the Computer Help thread.

Although I really don't care, it's nothing important I'm missing, really.