PDA

View Full Version : What do you watch on TV?

Setra
2010-01-20, 06:03 AM
Pretty simple thread question.

I rarely watch television myself, but I recently got a DVR so I find myself watching more of it.. though the only shows I record are Good Eats, Mythbusters, and Pawn Stars.

While I'm a big anime fan, I can't bring myself to watch it on TV, for a few reasons. The main reason being I just prefer watching a series all at once on DVD.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-20, 06:12 AM
Let's see...

The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, South Park, whatever's on Adult Swim, the Simpsons, Futurama, and the occasional movie on HBO. That's all I can think of for now.

toasty
2010-01-20, 06:17 AM
Hmm... I watch, when I bother to, Top Chef and Wipe Out. Both of which are good, mindless fun.

But, other than that, not much. Maybe a random movie or something, but usually I just play video games.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-20, 06:22 AM
Pretty simple thread question.

I rarely watch television myself, but I recently got a DVR so I find myself watching more of it.. though the only shows I record are Good Eats, Mythbusters, and Pawn Stars.

While I'm a big anime fan, I can't bring myself to watch it on TV, for a few reasons. The main reason being I just prefer watching a series all at once on DVD.

Does this include TV shows when watch online?

Also forgot to post this but I also usually watch some stuff on History channel too.

Graywolf
2010-01-20, 06:27 AM
Dr. Who, Chuck, Burn Notice, Monsterquest, Mythbusters, Old Gunsmoke, MASH, and Married with children re-runs...

I watch way too much tv actualy.

Sneak
2010-01-20, 07:11 AM
Weeds
30 Rock
Chuck
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Better Off Ted
Breaking Bad
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Bored to Death
Burn Notice
Men of a Certain Age
Bones
How I Met Your Mother
White Collar
Daily Show
Colbert Report

They're not on all at the same time, obviously, and I watch most of them online.

But yeah, I watch a lot...

pita
2010-01-20, 08:15 AM
Dollhouse ends in a week and a half, but it's had an amazing run, though about a third of its episodes are weaker than they could have been, by far. It's a little hard to explain well what it's about, but it's Joss Whedon. Whether you like it or not is pretty much determined by your reaction to that name, as it has every single one of his trademarks. Including the rabid fans and detractors.
Monster is my absolute favorite Anime, though it's over (I've almost reached the end). It's about.... complicated stuff.... and I think there's a doctor in it somewhere.
Dexter is going to start Season Five next year, and I'm hoping it gets better. The first season is absolutely ridiculously amazing, the second good but not great, the third and fourth are better than the second, but not by much. It's also probably the best-acted show I've ever seen, with Michael C Hall (My #2 favorite actor, number 1 is Alan Tudyk) delivering an excellent performance as a serial killer, and Jennifer Carpenter a very underrated one as his sister. It's about a serial killer who kills murderers.

bosssmiley
2010-01-20, 08:18 AM
Top Gear
Mythbusters
Lie to Me
HBO original series (Mad Men, etc.)

Mainly though, the TV is the screen for the DVD player.

Starscream
2010-01-20, 10:18 AM
Daily Show
Colbert Report
30 Rock
Venture Bros
Doctor Who
Better Off Ted

Lord Seth
2010-01-20, 10:19 AM
How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, 24, Scrubs, Glee, Community, 30 Rock, The Mentalist, Psych, Bleach, The Simpsons, and The Amazing Race are the ones I watch fairly regularly.

thompur
2010-01-20, 10:30 AM
*Chuck
*House
*Heroes
*Lie To Me
*Castle
*WWE Raw
*V
*NCIS
*NCIS:Los Angeles
*ECW
*Glee
*Lost
*Bones
*Fringe
*Supernatural
*Flash Forward
*TNA Impact
*Smallville
*Dollhouse
*SG:Universe
*Sanctuary
*Eureka
*Warehouse 13
*Real Time: With Bill Maher
*Being Human
*Demons
*Doctor Who
*Simpsons
*Desparate Housewives
*True Blood
(Thank the gods for DVRs){curse the evil fiend who created DVRs}:smallwink:
This list will shrink once I get a full time job again.

Oh yeah, I forgot *Robot Chicken*

Sneak
2010-01-20, 10:59 AM
Oh, yeah. I watch Dollhouse too, but that's almost over now. The first season was pretty meh, but the majority of the second season was mindblowing.

Icewalker
2010-01-20, 11:00 AM
I don't watch anything when it's on on TV, I was watching BSG but it's over now. Mostly I watch things either on dvd or places like Hulu.

SurlySeraph
2010-01-20, 11:01 AM
I almost never watch TV, but I watch 24, occasionally House and Mythbusters, and the news.

Bouregard
2010-01-20, 11:05 AM
Simpsons and News. Nothing much else. As german television is too slow to translate shows... I prefer to watch them online.

Athaniar
2010-01-20, 12:15 PM
List of TV series I have watched and liked, or am currently watching (and liking) (shows I watch only very casually not included):

7 Days
America's Funniest Home Videos
Andromeda
Babylon 5
Cheers
Dark Angel
Dead Zone
Death Note
Doctor Who
Eureka
First Wave
Foyle's War
Futurama
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother
Inspector Morse
Kngiht Rider (new series)
Last Exile
Lewis
Masters of Science Fiction
Merlin
Midsomer Murders
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Navy CIS
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The New Adventures of Robin Hood (not after season 2, though)
Red Dwarf
Robin Hood (the BBC one)
Robot Wars
Scrubs
The Sentinel
The Simpsons
Star Trek (The Original Series) (although only certain episodes were good)
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
Twilight Zone (the second one)
V
Xena: Warrior Princess

And probably more, will add once I remember.

valadil
2010-01-20, 12:36 PM
I don't actually watch anything on TV when it's aired. I watch shows a season at a time. If I like the show I subscribe to new episodes and watch them within a week of them coming out. My current subscriptions are:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
30 Rock
Lost
South Park
Better Off Ted (Still undecided if I'll keep going with this one, but it's the only thing I have until feburary. It's funny, but there's no long term plot.)
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
United States of Tara (also undecided, but so far intrigued.)

I usually watch Daily Show on Hulu. Sometimes Colbert too. And I fast forward through WWE Smackdown.

Mr. Scaly
2010-01-20, 01:28 PM
Huh, not much.

Futurama.
The Simpsons.
The Colbert Report.
The Daily Show.
Pokemon.
Dr. Who.
Star Trek Next Gen./Deep Space Nine.
Jurassic Fightclub.
Deadliest Warriors.
Movies.

Usually whenever I feel like it, not every day.

Egiam
2010-01-20, 01:51 PM
-Nova
-Nova (Science Now) (I meet the host of this show in person, he was awesome)
-Secrets of the Dead
-Nature

As you can see... I'm a G******** PBS watcher, and proud of it!

Gamerlord
2010-01-20, 01:58 PM
The few times I ever watch TV, it usually is the sean hannity show, that or the military channel, of course, I almost never watch TV.

Closak
2010-01-20, 02:00 PM
The Simpsons.

America's Funniest home Videos (AFV)

I enjoy watching people hurt themselves and each other in hilarious ways.

valadil
2010-01-20, 02:06 PM
I enjoy watching people hurt themselves and each other in hilarious ways.

That's understandable, but youtube does it better and with fewer poor attempts at standup comedy from an announcer/host that nobody wants to listen to.

Zom B
2010-01-20, 02:07 PM
Looking through our DVR list, I see my shows as:

FlashForward
Good Eats
Iron Chef America (I'm noticing an Alton Brown theme here)
Mythbusters
Robot Chicken
Simpsons
True Blood

Family Guy I watch if I catch it on, but I don't bother DVRing it.

I miss The 4400.

Athaniar
2010-01-20, 02:29 PM
That's understandable, but youtube does it better and with fewer poor attempts at standup comedy from an announcer/host that nobody wants to listen to.

I actually like Bergeron as a host/announcer. Speaking of bad hosts/announcers, I once saw part of an episode of something called Funniest Pets and Owners. That announcer was simply awful.

GenPol
2010-01-20, 05:00 PM
Hmm... On TV, I watch George Lopez, and not much else.

Other TV shows I watch are South Park (southparkstudios.com), Scrubs (Sharpiesscrubs.tk [although the new season is.... different, to say the least....]), and I have recently started watching Community on hulu.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-20, 06:29 PM
(I'm noticing an Alton Brown theme here)

That's because AB is amazing.

I don't watch many things regularly, but i make it a point to catch
Good Eats
Mythbusters
Psych
NCIS
and SG:U when it comes back on

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-20, 10:58 PM
I don't think I've watched TV in...4 years, I think.

skywalker
2010-01-21, 02:26 AM
The few times I ever watch TV, it usually is the sean hannity show, that or the military channel, of course, I almost never watch TV.

And yet you get the Military Channel... Clearly, you don't pay for your own cable/satellite.

My DVR contains King of the Hill, Futurama, and Family Guy. I hardly ever watch them, I only record them just in case I want to have something mindless before bed or just because, on occasion.

I get two chances at Star Trek: The Next Generation re-runs every weeknight, so I sometimes watch that.

Mainly I just catch what's on. Top Gear I've missed lately. I'm pretty hit and miss on House as well. An old friend really likes Chopped, on Food Network, I catch that on occasion. Iron Chef America if it scrolls underneath my clicker.

Beyond that, pretty much News, Sports, and News about Sports. Current crop of dramas and comedies doesn't really do that much for me.

golentan
2010-01-21, 03:49 AM
The Daily Show and Colbert Report. Though when I'm alone I'll often flip something on just for the background noise.

Optimystik
2010-01-21, 08:15 AM
Let's see...

The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, South Park, whatever's on Adult Swim, the Simpsons, Futurama, and the occasional movie on HBO. That's all I can think of for now.

This, plus Heroes and Tosh.0.

Jack Squat
2010-01-21, 08:21 AM
Chuck and Burn Notice I catch on Hulu, and I occasionally watch Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs. Food Network or news will generally be on if I want background noise.

Coatl Ruu
2010-01-21, 06:08 PM
Let's see...

All of these (minus HBO) plus Scrubs, Mythbusters, The Soup, Stargate, The Big Bang Theory, and stand up comedians on Comedy Central.

I think you can tell what I like.

celticbushido
2010-01-22, 03:29 AM
I miss The 4400.

Amen, the cliffhanger on season 4 just left me jonesing for more. Jordan Collier is my personal hero, and if the option was there, I'd take the shot, death or superpowers, that's just a no brainer there.

For everything else, I watch Heroes, and Supernatural, True Blood, Dexter, and Weeds. Anything else really is just on an if I catch it base, mostly Adult Swim cartoons and old Paul Dini DCAU cartoons. I love me some Justice League.

pita
2010-01-22, 06:39 AM
I started The Sarah connor Chronicles yesterday, and I like it. A lot. Summer Glau is great, as are Lena Headey and the guy playing John. It's a lot better written than I thought it would be.
A shame it was canceled.

Arctic
2010-01-22, 07:31 PM
LOST, Dexter, and Canadiens' hockey games. :smallsmile:

Hawriel
2010-01-23, 12:25 AM
I leave the TV on alot when doing things online. Kinda like having the radio on but usess more electricity. There are only afew shows that I watch out for. Some on TV some I use the internet.

Stuff I want to watch and make time for:

The Daily Show, and Cobart. Of corse.
Supernatural.
NCIS (LA only because its filler and doesnt suck)

Criminal Minds

Alot of PBS. Indipendant Lens, Now, Nova, Nova Science Now, and any other documentaries, investigative reporting or other things whare I might learn more about the world.

Things I like but really just fill the time.

Law and Order, a catch all really.

CSI NY

Chuck and Heros. sorry man but just not as good as it used to be.

How I met your mother

Scrubs

And last things I would watch if I had better cable ( I chose internet instead)

Pawn Stars, Myth Busters, Any chanel ran by discovery. C span(s) C Span Book can be highly interesting.

nonbeliever93
2010-01-23, 02:40 AM
Most of mine are at the Australian pace. Others are.... not.

Doctor Who
Dollhouse
Weeds
True Blood
HIMYM
Being Human (This is seriously becoming one of my favourite shows ever.)
30 Rock
and One Tree Hill. It's like crack okay?

Arcane_Secrets
2010-01-23, 05:13 PM
Burn Notice
Colbert Report
The Daily Show
Jeopardy
Leverage
Mythbusters
Nature
Red Dwarf
Supernatural

C-SPAN if it's someone being interviewed or speaking that's interesting.

zvbxrpl
2010-01-23, 05:18 PM
Faithfully:
LOST
Dollhouse (soon to be past tense)
The Daily Show/Colbert
Weeds

When I click onto it:
House
Psych
Mythbusters
Older episodes of the original Law and Order