PDA

View Full Version : Blood on the Streets [2] (Trials of Romaly part 1) IC

Pink
2010-01-20, 09:34 AM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7729719)

It's an unfortunately miserable day in Alefgard as you hurry through the streets. A storm had blown in from the grey ocean, some say named that because of the storm clouds that seem to so often travel across it. Rain pours down like the heavens, rattling against tile and stone, and against you and your cloak, and you hope your not completely drenched. The sound of the rain competes with the occasional low rumble of thunder in the distance, however it doesn't appear as though it's a lightning storm, and the wind is comparatively mild, not even tearing off roofing.

Even in this bad weather you still have to compete with small crowds on the streets, the rare street merchant with canvases to keep them and their goods somewhat dry shout out their wares, hoping to find someone desperate enough to stop buy and purchase from them in the rain. Others are rushing home from working at their employment, oilskin coats protecting them from the wetness that seems to drip into every part of the city.

You make it to the Grey Barley Inn on Westside, an inn renamed to better represent it's clientèle of grain merchants and farm-owners. You take one envious look through the window of the warm light, drinks, waitresses and jovial nature of people having a good time, before you try to inconspiciously walk around into the alley. On the opposite side of the building you see a heavy wood door with a big iron lock embedded below its door-ring handle. it seems to match the key you were given, and, with a last shoulder glance to make sure nobody is around, open the look.

Inside is a reasonable sized room with a table and five chairs set in the middle, and a covered lantern already lit and hanging from a hook in the ceiling. The walls are lined with barrels, years and vintages stamped on the sides, as well as shelves that hold a number of bottles. The room extends froward about ten feet or so, and continues about twenty feet to your left. Faintly the merriment can be heard from the other part of the inn, but it's muffled, either the walls in this room being quite thick, or not being connected right against the common room. There is another door at the far left wall that looks like the brother to that which you just entered in, complete with heavy iron lock and sturdy wood construction.

The table is laid with a basket containing a number of small loaves of bread, still fairly fresh and a platter of cold meats, as well as two bottles, one seeming to hold red wine, the other white, two large pitchers of lager, and five thin stemmed cups made of tin as well as five steins. It seems the host has not arrived yet, and that there are several more guests than just yourself.

Alright, and that's the start. Make your post on how you enter, introduce yourselves as new people enter, role-play, and when everyone's gathered I think Alphonse will make his appearance. Please include in your first post the measures you'd take to obey Alphonse's request of "make all preparations of stealth that you can in getting there and departing."

Also, please include your character's name in bold lettering at the top of each of your posts, as well as colour your speech text in a unique and easily readable colour. Any questions, PM me or ask in OOC thread.

Simba
2010-01-20, 09:53 AM
Valentina

"Seems I am the first to arrive!" Valentina thinks as she enters the room, Rapier in hand and eyes wide open for better peripheral vision: "Just as well after the scare he gave me! One should not treat people one needs like that, no Sir! Maybe I should simply go and leave this to the big folk, but who would save the small ones then, ha? Noone, as usual!"

Continuing her inner rant, Valentina carefully examines the room, looking for traps, hidden doors or people, all while trying to look inconspicious. She listens at the other door, looks behind barrels and under the desk "Someone might be watching!" she thinks, stopping her examination.

Once she has finished her tour of the room she looks at the chairs and sighs "Once more no regard for the little folk, as expected!" she says, then jumps up into the chair facing the door she came in through and sits down, swinging her feet. "I hope the rest will arrive soon, this is boring!"

Pink
2010-01-20, 10:39 AM
The room appears to be a storage room for the inn, mostly for its liquor, though some of the barrels do turn out to contain pickled items after a closer examination of the labels.

There appears to be no traps or hidden people in the room after Valentina's search, the sturdy doors being the inn's investment in security no doubt. The sounds of the common room's festivities can be heard from beyond the door, but less muffled Valentina is able to hear the sound of knives on cutting boards and the sound of boiling water, likely the kitchen lies beyond the portal. Valentina's search of the storage room also reveals what appears to be a loose board in the wall, hidden by one of the shelving units.

Dreamshifter
2010-01-20, 11:43 PM
Orander

Rain. If there was one thing that dampened Orander's mood, it was rain. It was work enough getting around the city in this armor on the driest of days, but when it rained like this, he was a walking hazard. Three falls he had taken already, and the next one was only a raised stone away.

Still, he had to be here, to answer the summons he had received. It had come only a week after he left this city, heading south to spend some time with his daughter. Well, hopefully spend time with her, the thought crept though his head, like the rain creeping down inside hisarmor, if I can talk her mother into it. Still it can wait, for now.

At last, the Grey Barley Inn came into view, and Orander started glancing about, looking for people. He had gone the long way around to get here, just to be sure he wasn't followed. Graceful and fast he wasn't, but that didn't mean he had to make it easy on people who wanted to follow him. The streets were nearly empty, and no one was paying him any attention, near as he could tell, so he slipped into the alley, walking slowly to make sure he didn't lose his footing.

Just before the door he sought, a particularly large amount of water hit him, from above. He glanced up, half expecting to see a person on the rooftop, but there was nothing hiding there that he could see. He squinted, concerned, but shrugged it off, and opened the door.

Warm, dry air blasted out at him, and he quickly scooted inside and closed the door, perhaps harder than necessary. Looking very wet and now somewhat sheepish, he mutters "Well, here's hoping no one heard that." He continues to stand near the door, water pouring out of his armored legs, before looking around the room, and spotting a gnome already sitting. "Oh, hello there. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that I'm not the only one here, should I. The name's Orander, and I'll just stand here and drain some of this water for a minute or two, I think."

Falconknight06
2010-01-20, 11:58 PM
"Ahh, the rain feel good, doesn't it Clare" a voice whispers in the dark. Aeric Silverleaf made his way along the rooftops, using the dark and rainy weather to keep himself hidden. Just as he reaches the roof of the Gray Barley Inn, he stops to empty the water out of his hat, nonchalantly dumping it off the roof. Aeric then quietly casts a spell and a rope extends down the wall into an alley. ""That looks like the door Clare" Aeric says to the bird on his shoulder.

Aeric opens the door and walks into the room, not expecting to see anyone else. As he casts a spell to clean and dry his clothes, he turns to see a rather wet looking man in armor and a cute little gnome sitting at a table.

"Why hello my new friends" Aeric says with a bow, removing his hat with a flourish. Seeing the dripping wet man in armor, he asks "would you like some help in drying yourself off, to be more comfortable?"

Dreamshifter
2010-01-21, 12:14 AM
Orander

With a broad grin, Orander nods his head at the offer of magic to dry him. "I wouldn't object at all to being more comfortable, after all that wetness. And I doubt our host will complain if there is less of a puddle, either."

Simba
2010-01-21, 02:29 AM
Valentina

Valentina looks at the newcomers, then stands up on her chair and bows: "Valentina Wildflower, at your service! Come in, come in, feel right at home. Nothing better than meeting up in a storage room, right? Well, at least it gets us out of the rain, gentlemen. Feel free to dry off before you get the rugs all wet."

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-22, 10:11 PM
Ramgar

Ramgar stomped through the door, boots squishing unpleasantly, finger-combing his long red hair and beard. His only nod to stealth was the tarp-like cloak he'd thrown on, though it bulged menacingly in various places with not-very-well-concealed weaponry.

He'd have made more of an effort, but really, there's only so much you can do to hide a 6'5", 225 pound monster of a man, particularly one armored and equipped with over 90 pounds of metal armaments.

A note from an old friend - well, an aquaintance that had gained him a fantastic barroom tale, which was almost the same thing - that sounded like something right up his alley. They'd track down some evil (presumably Alphonse had also gotten in touch with someone who could do that, Ramgar certainly couldn't, unless the evil was kind enough to put out signs), he'd smash some skulls together, the day would be saved, drinks on the lordling.

Anyway, he'd been on a bit of a dry streak lately, his discovery of the Lost Ruins of Kardesh soured somewhat by the fact that it had apparently been picked over long before he was born and everything of any value long since carted away. And that was only the last in the list of setbacks.

He'd also noted the subtle hint that was an assassin delivering Alphonse's mail. At night. In his room. While he was sleeping. And Alphonse said he'd never learned anything at court. Heh.

"Ugh, gods save us from too much weather like this." Being drenched worked for winsome lost kittens not Roaming Barbarians (of Justice). It was impossible to properly enjoy a fight when one was slipping and falling in the water and muck.

He looks around at the colorful cast of characters that have already made the storeroom their home. "Ah, it looks like Alphonse has rounded up a regular little posse, eh? Good, good! And he had the forethought to set up our meeting place in a wine cellar! Better!"

Ramgar made a bee-line for the lager.

"I have a good feeling about this."

Not exactly a cloak-and-dagger type, Ramgar.

Pink
2010-01-23, 05:45 PM
Once again the door opens, however, unlike the previous times this has happened, there is no figure standing outside in the gloom of evening rain. The door seems to stay open for a while, and as you pay attention, it looks as if muddy boot-prints appear and another small puddle starts to form in the space just inside from the entrance. The door closes and the sound of the lock turning can be heard, and you tense for a moment before suddenly, as if out of thin air, Alphonse Tarkis appears before you, seeming to having just pulled a ring off his finger.

As he pockets the ring, gold with some sort've red glow to it, you aren't able to catch a good look at it, he throws back the hood of his cloak to reveal wet, slightly curly, black hair and his handsome face, line by a carefully groomed black beard and with his piercing blue eyes.

He shakes the water off himself for a moment before taking off his cloak and lying it against a pile of barrels. Though dressed in fine clothes that keep with the highest standards of the nobles, it cannot be missed that a chain shirt has been worked into the outfit, a dress style historically observed by nobles of the borderlands and often adopted by young noble heirs of other houses as well. He also carries a longsword by his side, not just the ornamental rapier blade of many aristocrats, with the handle being quite simple of decoration to keep a good grip while the sheath carries the decoration. A dagger lies on the opposite side, and there's no doubt in your mind that he carries another weapon hidden on him somewhere or has some magic protecting him.

"My sincerest apologies for my late entrance. I had hoped to be the first here, however it was more difficult to slip away without notice than I anticipated, and this damnable weather has not helped one bit." He says after a short quick bow before entering further within.

"I'm afraid I do not have much time to discuss things with you, I must attend a dinner organized by Lady Bracknell tonight and would like to make my brief disappearance from the noble's quarter as unnoticeable as possible."

His gaze is drawn initially to the gnome swinging her feet above the ground and a look of concern crosses his face as he moves towards her. "My apologies, you are miss Valentina Wildflower am I not correct? I though I had heard much about the defender of the weak in East-side, but I was apparently careless in my research. I hope you are not offended you with the lack of accommodations. I must also additionally apologize for my presumptuous nature in inviting you, as we have not met before this, but I have heard well of your deeds in keeping those of this city safe from the criminals that would take advantage of them, and I hope... I believe I can trust you in this matter. Allow me a proper introduction. I am Alphonse De Cret' La Tarkis, Guardian of Nindres Tower, Heir to the Baron of Tarkis, at your service." he says, using the formal introduction.

He then turns towards the half-elven swordsman. "Aeric, it is good to see you again my teacher. I believe I've heard some new exploits of yours already in circulation amongst the skalds lately. It is good to see you again." he says, offering his hand to Aeric.

He then smiles at the rough priest of Kord kindly, "As it is good to see you Orander. Much time has passed since we last made a foray to push back the giants by the Gap, but It's good to see that you haven't been idle, as I hear you do much work these days. Nathon would truly be proud to see the warrior that stands before me."

Then finally he claps a hand onto the shoulder of Ramgar, "It seems I must ask more work of you again, though I'm sure you will be equal to the task, as you have always proven to be in the past, Ramgar my friend."

"I must declare my extreme satisfaction that all four of you choose to attend this meeting tonight." He says as he takes his own seat, pouring himself a glass of white wine and taking a brief sip before continuing. "Now however, we must get down to business, and why I invited all of you here. I shall have to try to arrange a longer meeting to catch up with you, and get to know some of you better, at a later date. Please, feel free to ask any questions and don't hold on ceremony of station here. Here we are equals."

"As I alluded to within my letter, there are troubles brewing within Alefgard. Things have never been great since the death of King Terrence, may he rest in the hall of Kings, however now scheming and plots have seem to come to the forefront. While some countries would use times of peace to strengthen themselves, it seems Romaly tries to tear itself apart. Of course it's not the Nobles that suffer from this, but the people that fall into the tears, and I cannot abide that. That's why I wanted to form this group, to help route out and attack these threats to this city, this country! I cannot neglect my duties as heir and representative of Tarkis, that's why I need you four. I ask you, would you help me in this?"

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-24, 12:53 AM
Ramgar

Ramgar toyed with his full stein thoughtfully (Alphonse appearing before he could properly make a dent in his host's liquor). "Can't say I'm surprised, considering how Romaly came to be. Whenever you've got men who got their start in different places, you've got a recipe for squabbles. And nobles seem worse than most men at compromising and getting along."

He set aside his thoughtful mood as easily as shedding a wet cloak. "In any case, you know I'm always one for helping, particularly when that help is violence." A helper, that was him, sure. "'You've got my axe. And my hammer. And... well, you've got the idea. Point me in the right direction, and I'll bash my way to something resembling a solution."

Dreamshifter
2010-01-24, 02:19 AM
Orander

Bowing his head, the priest of Kord smiles broadly. I like this Ramgar already he thinks, then says to Alphonse "I am deeply wounded that you would even think I might come all this way and not help." His expression says otherwise, though. "It'd be an honor to help you again, my friend. More so since this sounds like something important."

His smile fades just a bit, thinking about how this will delay his other plans, but it only lasts for a moment. I may regret this choice later, but how much more will I regret it if I don't help out? Illya is at least safe, I doubt the same can be said of many of the children here.

Falconknight06
2010-01-25, 12:01 AM
Aeric

Of course I'd be more than happy to join these fine fellows in some heroics Aeric says, pulling out his sword and giving it a spin real quick then holding it out in a fencing pose. We can take any challenge and then attend to the bars and regale fellows with stories for drinks.

Aeric smiles as he sheathes his sword and puts the brim of his hat up to show two deep green eyes and a dazzling smile. He moves to sit down at the table to see what the rest of the group says.

Simba
2010-01-25, 01:57 AM
Valentina

Valentina was a little tense when an invisible person entered the room, but relaxes as Alphonse makes his little speach.

"I will help. It seems I am the only one here who does not know you personally, but that is an oversight that has now been corrected, right? What exactly would you have us do?"

Pink
2010-01-25, 12:41 PM
"I am overjoyed that you all give your help and aid so readily. Now before I begin, I would ask that what is spoken of in here does not reach the ears of anyone outside this room. It may be just independent events or problems, however they could also be the marks of a larger plot, and I would not discount such a mastermind to not deal with unwanted investigation."

"I am trying to piece together the puzzle of deceit, shadows, and knives over Alefgard, however for some of those pieces I still require more time and research before I would ask you to move on them. However there is one piece that frightens me, and keeps frightened the citizens of Alefgard."

"Over the past month, there have been a number of murders in East-side. Please, don't laugh. I am fully aware that murder is not a new trend in that part of the city, however usually it's disappearances, or crimes of passion and drink. Even the commonest thug realizes that if they can avoid a patrol, or have enough money to pay them to look the other way, they might toss the body over the cliff and never have a shred of evidence. However, bodies have been appearing in the streets, stumbled upon by patrols. Bodies may not be the best word though. Remains is more suitable." At this point the son of Tarkis seems to suppress a shudder and takes a deep drink of his wine. His face has become rather grim and serious in telling the tale, giving him the look of an older man.

"What's left is little more than shreds of meat and bones, blood soaked into dirt and stone. Almost half of them couldn't even be identified. At least, that's what the rumors say. None of this has reached council. Whether by bribery or simply denying the council the information, none of the patrols that pass through East-side are speaking of it. It's an outrage, such corruptness and insubordination. The generals on the coast could be taught a thing or two of the discipline and honour of the borderland armies. Ah, I'm getting off topic."

"The main problem, is things are getting worse. It started out as one murder, a few days in between, then another, and the intervals kept getting shorter until it was night after night, and then more than one murder a night. Or at least, that's supposedly how it goes. I've only been able to pick information up through the rumour vines. I might never have heard of it at all, had not the victims of a night a week and a day ago included a full four-man patrol of Royal guardsmen. Nobody knows what it is, some say a demon, others a wild animal. Some think it's a gang that gets off on the cruelty and savagery of it. That may be true, as growth in such a gang might explain the increase in attacks."

"I would like you all to work together, to investigate what is behind this, bring them to justice, and see if there's any further layer of evil deeds beyond the mindless massacres. I will give you the full backing of Tarkis in how you deal with this, you may use whatever means you need to bring protection back to the people of Romaly. Furthermore, bring what evidence you can back to me, so that I can bring it to the council and perhaps encourage them to pull their heads out of their scheming backsides and do the job we're assigned to do, keeping the country safe and prosperous." With that he downs the rest of his glass. "Any questions?"

Valentina:What Alphonse has said holds true to what you've experienced in East-side. Though you have never seen the killer yourself (east-side is quite too large for a gnomish hero to cover by herself alone), you have had chance to run accross his handiwork, or seen guards cleaning up early in the morning, on the rare occasion. You strongly believe that one of the victims was Father Olaf, a gnomish priest in a poor east-side temple to Garl Glittergold, who has been missing of late. However, besides this, you as well know little more than the rumors of monsters and demons.

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-25, 11:55 PM
Ramgar

"A mindless beast or ravaging demon, being able to commit a murder here and there, then slink away? More to the point, that one got into the city without any being the wiser, and whom no one has ever seen hide nor hair of between murders? They would need powerful magic... or someone to hide them. And we can't rule out crazed humanoid killers, or killed with magic, or summoned beasts... or something we haven't even conceived of."

Ramgar sighed. "This is going to be troublesome."

Simba
2010-01-26, 02:13 AM
Valentina

Valentina looks around and waits for the others to stop speaking before raising her small voice: "As I live in East-Side I have heard of these murders and have seen some evidence. One of my aquaintances might be among the victims." she looks down for a moment, sadness in her eyes: "He was a good man. Whoever does this is well connected and has access to lots of money. Guards can be paid off, it is easy and not too expensive, but this is too regular to be based on a small bribe. This has to be something bigger, it is simply too regular by now. It should be stopped!"

In her mind, Valentina starts looking for names and addresses, people she knows who might know of something. "This will be tricky. People are affraid so they might not talk..."

Pink
2010-01-26, 09:15 AM
"I'll be the first to admit, it's no small or simple task I've asked of you, but as Velentina says, it needs to be stopped. I know investigation into the matter may not be easy, so I've prepared something that should help you out." Alphonse says, and reaches into his pocket to bring out fours small bags that jingle with metal coins inside, and sets them on the middle of the table. "There is a thousand gold pieces of each of you, to cover expenses of investigating and staying in Alefgard. I ask that yo use it wisely. There will be more than one soldier in Tarkis this winter who may be sporting a second-hand set of armor because of it."

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-27, 11:40 PM
Ramgar

Ramgar snags one of the bags with a practiced swipe of his wrist, the money vanishing into the Handy Haversack at his side. "My thanks, Alphonse," he said seriously. You may rest assured, this should do nicely to loosen some tongues in East-Side. I do so hate to buy other people drinks with my own money."

He didn't have any fancy tracking skills, his best bet would be to do this the old-fashioned way: head to one of the taverns, buy people a few rounds, and see what turned up.

He glanced at the others. "I guess we should defer to the native East-Sider. Should we split up to cover more ground and contact each other when we find something, or move in a group?"

Falconknight06
2010-01-28, 11:55 AM
Well, considering the danger obviously involved, I suggest we do not split into less than groups of two Aeric says as he pockets a bag of gold, spreading the coins around his clothing in various pockets. I'm fairly adept at retrieving information at bars, being a minstrel and all. Perhaps I should accompany Ramgar.

Dreamshifter
2010-01-28, 05:40 PM
Orander

Orander's grin fades slightly. He looks almost disappointed to be not on the bar team. "Ah, pity. Bars are such fun." He turns to the gnome, and bows. "I might not be the most useful person on the streets, Valentina, but at the least, I do make a good distraction, if you'll have me."

His coins he tucks up under one of the plates of his armor.

Falconknight06
2010-01-29, 12:20 AM
Aeric

Turning to Orander, Aeric gives a small bow saying sir, I did not mean to imply we needed to split up, I was merely suggesting we stay in groups of at least two. I would be unopposed to al,l of us going to the local tavern to find information, and maybe learn a bit more about each other in the process.

Simba
2010-01-29, 02:06 AM
Valentina

"Sounds like a good idea! Who wants to come with me to do some East-Side bar hopping? It's fun, even though it is a little rough sometimes."

Valentina hopps off her chair and gets ready to leave, looking at the big ones expectantly.

Pink
2010-01-29, 03:10 PM
"Well, it seems I had little to worry about in whether you would all accept the task or not. My deepest thanks to all of you." Alphonse says, standing up from the table himself.

"I'd like to try and meet with you here weekly at this same time, to see what your progress is and share what I might also uncover, or ask of you new angles to research. If you need to meet with me urgently, leave four copper pieces arranged in a diamond shape on the table, and I will be in touch with you. I want to avoid direct meetings between us, lest our covert operation become much more apparent. I've an arrangement made with the owner of this inn, and aside from the mornings when deliveries are received and the bar is restocked, this room will be unoccupied, and you are free to use it as you see fit, provided you pay for any liquor you imbibe, and that if you wish to hold anything here, you do it in a hidden chamber, behind that shelf." He says, indicating the shelving unit the conceals the concealed chamber.

"Is there any questions I can answer for you before we part ways? I'm afraid I have not much longer to stay before my absence might be noted at the supper."

Dreamshifter
2010-01-31, 09:33 PM
Orander

Pondering the question, Orander shakes his head. "No, I don't think we have any more questions. We are all eager to get started, I'm sure. Go back to the dinner, we will let you know if we find anything major. Unless someone else does have a question?" He glances around at his new companions.

dyslexicfaser
2010-02-01, 12:53 AM
Ramgar

Ramgar shakes his head. "You do your thing, Alphonse, we'll do ours, and with luck we'll meet somewhere in the middle."

Pink
2010-02-03, 07:41 PM
With a smile, he bows to all of you, and takes up his cloak to leave, "I pray things go well for you, and now I leave you to devise how you will employ your combined resources." And with that, the ring is once again placed upon his finger, and the young lord disappears. The door to the outside rain and faint thunder is opened, and you faintly hear the squelch of boots upon muddy ground, before the door swings closed and is once again locked. You are once again left in the company of these new found allies and companions, with the faint sound of the common room activities from the next door drifting into the background, a bit more rowdier now that the drink has had time to work on the patrons.

dyslexicfaser
2010-02-03, 10:33 PM
Ramgar

Ramgar leans back in his chair, toying idly with his empty mug. "So, how do we find something that seems to kill and fade back into the shadows? Maybe the common people know something, maybe it's just a bunch of rumor-mongering and fear. Maybe that talk of corruption in the ranks of the guard is true, and we'll need to shake down some patrollers... though that might be a quick trip to the stockades if we choose our targets wrongly. And maybe if we go wandering the streets at night we'll run into this beastie... or get our throats slit in the night and dumped in a back-alley somewhere."

It felt more like having to take a pick from a host of bad options than any single good, clear choice to be made.

Simba
2010-02-04, 01:59 AM
Valentina

Valentina looks at the big people around her accusingly: "Where is your sense of adventure? We need to get out, look around, talk to people, see what we find. I am sure there are a few people who have seen things that will help us, we just need to find them and talk to them. How hard can it be?"

After a short pause she continues: "Does anyone of you have contacts in the city guard?"

Dreamshifter
2010-02-06, 01:56 AM
Orander

A thoughtful look crosses Orander's face, as he thinks about who he knows in the capital. "Hmm. No, I don't believe I have anyone who could be called a contact among the Royal guards. Certainly, I've met a few over the years, but only in passing, really. The Duke's men, though, I know somewhat better. Perhaps I can glean something useful from them."

Getting up from the table, he grabs some ale, still looking thoughtful. "But yes, this promises to be quite an interesting adventure. I shall have to take notes, in case it turns out to be ballad worthy."

Falconknight06
2010-02-09, 06:26 PM
You leave the ballad singing to me if you would Aeric says with a grin before starting in to a soft song about adventures the group may start.

Perform Sing

[roll0]

dyslexicfaser
2010-02-09, 06:36 PM
Ramgar

Ramgar told Aeric, "Knew there was a reason I liked you." This group even came equipped with its own bard.

"Well then, let's get out there and see what we find. Time is wasting, and so on. And if we don't find anything, I may have a contact who can pull something up. But he's pretty low in the pecking order and this sounds more like corruption from the higher ups." He said softer, as an afterthought, "And this sounds like the kind of thing an fellow could get himself killed for informing on."

Suiting actions to words, Ramgar sets down his mug and heads for the door.

Pink
2010-02-09, 08:15 PM
The downpour of rain drifts back into the room as Ramgar opens the door to leave. It seems that the storm has settled somewhat, no more lightning streaks the sky and no thunder is heard above the pitter patter of rain drops, but the rain itself shows no sign of stopping, though it's flow has slowed somewhat.

Simba
2010-02-10, 02:23 AM
Valentina

"We could visit some of the taverns in East Side and ask around, but we need to be careful. There might be more to this then we know. What style of tavern would ou go to first? A seedy sailors' dive or a rather respectable working class alehouse?"

Dreamshifter
2010-02-10, 11:47 PM
Orander

With a soft sigh, Orander drains the last of his ale. He places the mug on the table, and in a voice just above a whisper, says "Fear not, mighty stein, we shall meet again, soon enough." He gathers up his maul, hefting it over his shoulder, and makes his way toward the now open door. "Well, usually the lower the life, the easier the information flows. Sailors are a good place to start. Criminals would be better, since in my experience, they know everything that goes on in the back streets, especially if they can gain something by knowing about it, or lose a lot by not knowing. But, I don't know where such a bar might be found. And I'm not sure carrying all this coin into such a place would be a good thing."

Simba
2010-02-11, 02:21 AM
Valentina

"The shadier the better, I got it. Let's see where the low-end sailor dive gets us, ok?"

She walks out into the rain, trusting the others to follow her short steps easily.

Falconknight06
2010-02-13, 08:55 PM
Aeric follows the gnome woman out of the meeting room as they head towards the sailor's bar. As they walked, he thought back on his many days moving from bar to bar, telling tales. For once though, Aeric was silent as the group walked, trying to gather his thoughts on this group he had met.