PDA

View Full Version : special DM help

KurtKatze
2010-01-20, 02:21 PM
hello,

I am going to master a little adventure on Sunday for my CoC Group. So i am kind of a DnD-DM noob but not an absolut DM noob. I also already read the advice in the stickied threads.

Thing is:

Once on this forum one of you posted a link to a browser based "rules compendium" for DnD 3.5. I don't know if it is free content but as it was linked to, i think it was. I tried it with the search option but wasn't able to locate the thread in which it had shown up originally.

IF anyone could Re-Post it this would be very nice.

P.S

Oh, don't worry, just because i have been DM'ing CoC doesnt mean I'll kill my players for even the slightest mistake... or will I? :smallamused:

valadil
2010-01-20, 02:36 PM
http://d20srd.org

Bookmark it. Love it.

DementedFellow
2010-01-20, 02:43 PM
If you are going to play CoC, Chaosism's d% system is easier to master and flows more easily with the genre.

The thing about d20 CoC is that it is a very combat based system. The problem is that you aren't supposed to be able to go toe-to-toe with an eldritch abomination. d% isn't a combat based game. It's more based on skills and even the battles make more sense.

If you are going the d20 route, make sure the characters are at least level three otherwise they won't get past the first onslaught of ghouls.

This is just my two cents on the matter. Good luck and have fun.

Mando Knight
2010-01-20, 03:07 PM
You misread, methinks. He already plays CoC, and is going to torment his CoC group with some ol' fashioned D&D.

KurtKatze
2010-01-20, 03:09 PM
You misread, methinks. He already plays CoC, and is going to torment his CoC group with some ol' fashioned D&D.

Yes, this is exactly what i am going to do ^^ Although i don't think it'll really be tormenting. We have to interrupt our campeign in CoC so 'll give em some DnD so they won't cry.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-20, 07:49 PM
I can see where the OP's wording might make someone think they're going to GM a game of D20 CoC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even so, the creatures in D20 CoC are actually suitable for a standard D&D game, you just need to adjust their type and subtype in most cases.