PDA

View Full Version : Feats for Natural healing. (3.5)

Grifthin
2010-01-20, 02:54 PM
Heya Guys and gals - Playing a campaign now, we are level 1 (soon to be level 2) and will be away from civilization for a LONG time to come. We have no potions and no cleric for healing. What are some neat feats to enable healing so that I can regain more HP per day when we rest at night. I'm playing fighter - almost anything allowed.

Tanaric
2010-01-20, 02:55 PM
Tomb Tainted Soul, and have someone take a 1 level dip into Dread Necromancer. :smallwink:

Optimystik
2010-01-20, 02:56 PM
Tomb-tainted Soul for all of you, and have one person be a Dread Necro.

Alternatively, have someone take Binder.

NINJA! :smallfurious:

lsfreak
2010-01-20, 02:58 PM
Wand of lesser vigor + someone with at least one rank in UMD.

Healing Belts.

Binder, but I don't think they get unlimited healing until level 3-4.

Dread Necro + Tomb-Tainted Soul (have to wait for a feat at level 3, most likely, and potential RP problems).

Grumman
2010-01-20, 02:58 PM
Are you absolutely set on Fighter? Crusader fills the same sort of role, but also lets you heal as you smash people.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-01-20, 03:02 PM
How many feats do you have open?

There not the greatest but the combat focus feats from PHB2(or complete warrior, can't remember) gives fast healing, though i think it requires a couple of feats.

Person_Man
2010-01-20, 04:20 PM
How many feats do you have open?

There not the greatest but the combat focus feats from PHB2(or complete warrior, can't remember) gives fast healing, though i think it requires a couple of feats.

Combat Focus + Combat Vigor gives you Fast Healing 2 after you've hit your first enemy in combat. You can up it to Fast Healing 4 if you take another Combat Focus feat.

It's not that good unless your DM let's you use it out of combat though, which a reasonable DM should.

Bibliomancer
2010-01-20, 04:25 PM
Combat Focus + Combat Vigor gives you Fast Healing 2 after you've hit your first enemy in combat. You can up it to Fast Healing 4 if you take another Combat Focus feat.

It's not that good unless your DM let's you use it out of combat though, which a reasonable DM should.

You could have a rather extended argument with a party member and make an unarmed attack.

Dragon shamans get an aura that heals allies up to 1/2 hit points eventually, and its available at first level. Dragon shamans are in the PHBII.

Wand of Lesser Vigor is very cost effective if you don't want to engage in one level dips and think that your DM wouldn't be happy about Combat Focus. For 750 gp, you get 550 points of healing.

Fcannon
2010-01-20, 04:37 PM
You can take Draconic Aura from Dragon Magic, and select the Vigor aura from PHBII. It'll heal you and your allies 1 hp per round, but only up to 1/2 hp.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-20, 04:38 PM
Shape Soulmeld can give you the ability to heal everyone 1/hour of a small amount of damage, at the cost of some damage to yourself.

Healing Soul (from the same book) can give you a small pool of healing every day, but it's personal and isn't very effective for a non-meldshaper.

A feat from Exemplars of Evil can give everyone a pool of healing to draw from at the cost of 25gp/day you want to use the ability.

Person_Man
2010-01-20, 04:46 PM
You could also just avoid combat until you're all fully healed. From a metagame perspective, spending 1 day resting in a cave is exactly the same as spending 5 days resting in a cave. If the DM wants to kill all of you by sending random encounters your way, let him. You'll just re-start the game, except this time he'll give one of you a Wand of Cure Light Wounds.

Tanaric
2010-01-20, 04:48 PM
You can take Draconic Aura from Dragon Magic, and select the Vigor aura from PHBII. It'll heal you and your allies 1 hp per round, but only up to 1/2 hp.

Note that it requires character level 3 to take, and they aren't quite 2nd level yet.

Jarveiyan
2010-01-20, 08:21 PM
Faster Healing(Complete Warrior), or Mind Over Body and Rapid Metabolism(Expanded Psionic Handbook).

ShippoWildheart
2010-01-20, 10:35 PM
Are you absolutely set on Fighter? Crusader fills the same sort of role, but also lets you heal as you smash people.

Listen to this man. They won't run out of HP unless the DM purposely swarms you with monsters, and against only a few enemies Crusaders are really, really hard to kill.

Grifthin
2010-01-20, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the reply - We already started the campaign so I think that going with perhaps psywar and grab rapid metabolism. That way I can heal a fair amount in the evenings rest. Unfortunately Items are out since we out in the middle of nowhere with no dedicated arcane casters (1 Bard) and no devine magic. So it's all down to mundane means.

The_Jackal
2010-01-20, 11:28 PM
Got a rogue? Take ranks in use magic device, and buy a wand of cure light wounds. Cheap, virtually limitless healing.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-21, 12:04 AM
You have a bard? Maybe he could grab CLW as a spell know at level up. He can always switch it out at one of his later level ups.

Tanaric
2010-01-21, 12:17 AM
Got a rogue? Take ranks in use magic device, and buy a wand of cure light wounds lesser vigor. Cheap, virtually limitless healing.

Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

Grifthin
2010-01-21, 01:57 AM
Unfortunately the chance of rolling up a wand of lesser vigor at level 1 in a dungeon is pretty low - hence me not bargaining on getting one. As I said we are FAR away from civilization.

Coidzor
2010-01-21, 02:15 AM
How far are we talking here?

And what's the party loadout?

Autopsibiofeeder
2010-01-21, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the reply - We already started the campaign so I think that going with perhaps psywar and grab rapid metabolism.

Rapid metabolism is a general feat, so you don't need to be a psychic warrior. Also, the bard may choose to pick up the healthful rest spell, which allows multiple creatures to heal double the normal amount of hitpoints over a night's rest. Add in someone with the heal skill (if applicable) and ask the DM how he feels about stacking those.

The faster healing feat, as mentioned, works pretty well if the dm finds a way to agree with all these effects adding up. However, that feat requires you to have a considerable base fort save bonus.

If the DM is generous on the stacking part, you can go without out of combat healing with these resources (provided you are not 'random encountered' all the time).

Grifthin
2010-01-21, 02:58 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - I' m sure between these ones we can wing a combo or two that will do.

herrhauptmann
2010-01-21, 09:33 AM
An interesting mechanic, and one not quite available for you until a little later is "Poison healer". I think it's in a Fiendish Codex.
Everytime you pass your fort save vs a poison, you get healed for a small amount of hit points.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-21, 09:45 AM
Their is an alchemical item that heals you of 1d6. maybe the DM will let you make up a bunch.

Hags have an item that has some restorative powers. I don't remember the specifics of it though

I thought assassin vine berries where mentioned in some book as working like a Good Berry spell. That may have been third party though.

You may want to see if the DM will allow Herbalisim. If he's okay with it, I can list several books with mechanics for it.