View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 74: Rainbow Ninja vs. Zema Eloon

ArenaManager
2010-01-20, 03:03 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 74: Rainbow Ninja vs. Zema Eloon

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/pawnoffate/ruins2.jpg

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Rainbow Ninja (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=131699) - Ganurath
Zema Eloon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=156862) - vollmond

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any

vollmond
2010-01-20, 03:08 PM
Zema Eloon

[roll0]

Purchases to come later.

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 03:41 PM
[roll0]

My purchases depend on a multi-part ref question:In the opening equipment section (http://srd.pbemnexus.com/equipment.html), it says a pound of wheat costs a single copper piece. How many pounds of wheat would I need to fill my starting area to the point where I can clamber off of it with an easy climb check, but still remain out of sight of those outside my starting area before I turn myself invisible (starting in a kneeling position, if need be?)

Also, could I just stand on this giant pile of wheat, or would I also need to buy some canvas to provide myself with steady footing?

Finally, how flammable would this massive pile of wheat be, read as written? Would some pints of oil soaked in help?

Sallera
2010-01-20, 03:54 PM
Rainbow:Near as I can tell, it would require 25000lb of wheat (5x10x10 * 50 lb/cu.ft) to fill the starting area to a depth of 5ft, so as you can't carry that much, I don't think the idea is workable.

Edit: However, if you were to somehow get this wheat in there, you would indeed need to cover it somehow to avoid falling in and suffocating.

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 04:05 PM
Ref Questions:I see... So I can't have anything in excess of my carrying capacity, even if it's something to ride like a sled? Speaking of, would a sled be functional in keeping me above the wheat (or flour, if that's more efficient and still flammable. Pretty sure that'd be more explosive, though... My plan's climax is to run my opponent over riding a wave of fire, to put it simply.

Questions Filtered From Ramblings:
1. Am I allowed to start with equipment in excess of my carrying capacity?
2. Can a sled keep me up in a mass of wheat?
3. Does flour burn slow, or explosively fast?
4. Do I need to bring all my pre-battle purchases with me to the fight, or can I buy things just to throw off my opponent's speculation?

Sallera
2010-01-20, 04:15 PM
Rainbow:1. Partially speculative on this first one, but my interpretation of precedent and the starting assumptions would be that you can't start with anything you can't take into the arena with you; i.e. nothing over your push/drag load.
2. ...probably. You're trying to bring logic into D&D again.
3. Flour dust in air is explosively flammable; a large pile of it won't burn at all.
4. You can leave whatever you like outside the arena.

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 04:24 PM
Ref Question:1. Granted, but on the other hand there's the matter of RAW is law, and as far as I've seen in the Arena rules there isn't anything about carrying capacity limiting your starting gear... Which is probably a boon to those that use mounts, but don't get theirs from a class feature.
2. What if there's a canvas between the sled and the wheat?
3a. What about a mix of wheat and flour?
3b. Does flour way much less per cubic foot than wheat?
4. Are we going to need a High Ref at this rate?

vollmond
2010-01-20, 04:31 PM
FYI, I have guests in my home all weekend, starting tonight, so my posting may be sporadic to non-existent. I will try to get some purchases listed tonight, but no guarantees.

Sallera
2010-01-20, 04:32 PM
Rainbow:1. The mount can come in on its own, though. I'll grant you, however, that this one is unclear, and you might be able to get away with it.
2. That would likely suffice.
3a. Not much difference. Might be slightly more flammable than pure flour, but you won't be getting explosions.
3b. A bit less, it seems. Total weight for flour instead of wheat would be 18750lb.
4. I am a High Ref. :smalltongue: Did you mean Kyeudo?

Edit: No worries here, vollmond. This could take a while.

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 04:40 PM
Refs:1. See 4.
3. I'll probably go pure wheat to avoid complications, then. A copper per pound, plus the numbers you gave me... 50gp for every foot off the ground, right?
4. Yes, Kyeudo. Unless you're comfortable enough with a decisive ruling in either direction, though.
5. Would lantern oil soak down, or would in cling to the top layer if I spread it along the wheat after the match is underway?
6a. Could I stick something more mass-cost efficient at the bottom of the pile without disrupting the flow, such as more sleds or dead chickens?
6b. If so, how much area advantage would I gain per sled and/or dead chicken?

Sallera
2010-01-20, 04:49 PM
Rainbow:3. Correct.
5. Going into logic again, but it wouldn't soak down far enough to be unlightable.
6. What precisely do you mean by without disrupting the flow?

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 04:58 PM
Ref Question:By disrupting the flow, I mean the flow of the mass upon my opponent opening the door to my starting area. While the wave of fire is a nice touch, the primary weapon of this manuever is to bury my opponent alive, possibly in fried chicken.

So... On the overall plan, do we have a verdict on the legality, or will we be waiting for Kyeudo to weigh in?

Sallera
2010-01-20, 05:03 PM
Rainbow:Ah, in that case, there wouldn't be much of a difference if you added a couple sleds; however, since the grain's going to flow around them, adding enough to make an appreciable difference to the price might be problematic. (Yes, I'm kind of dodging the math on this one. But enough sleds are going to start holding the grain in place, and dead chickens won't flow very well at all.)

Overall, yes, the general idea of the trap is perfectly legal; there are rules in Frostburn to model an acceptable equivalent. You will need to ask Kyeudo whether it's acceptable to bring in more than you can manage, though.

Mavian
2010-01-20, 05:35 PM
@Rainbow, Refs

This has actually come up before when I wanted to bring a ship into the arena. You can't bring in more than you can move.

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 06:10 PM
Refs:Ah, I see. I would have figured the problem there would have been the area of the ship, since the only vessel one can push or drag is also the only one that can fit in the area. Oh well, it's more the audience's loss than mine.

...Wait. What about loaves of bread? I imagine those weigh a substantial ammount less per cubic foot than pure grain, and would be easier to douse in oil as well. Shouldn't have trouble supporting an elf's weight if it's stale enough, and I have a push/drag limit of 1,000 loaves, minus the weight of my gear.

Sallera
2010-01-20, 06:38 PM
Rainbow:I can't find a source for the average density of a loaf of bread, but there is the problem that bread stacked like that is not going to flow like grain or flour. It wouldn't really have the desired effect.

Ganurath
2010-01-20, 06:45 PM
Ref:How about if it were 5x10 instead of 10x10, and used the space to lean forward against the door?

Sallera
2010-01-20, 06:51 PM
Rainbow:What, with bread still? Isn't going to make much difference.

madtinker
2010-01-20, 08:51 PM
@Refs/rainbow
Ref Questions:I see... So I can't have anything in excess of my carrying capacity, even if it's something to ride like a sled? Speaking of, would a sled be functional in keeping me above the wheat (or flour, if that's more efficient and still flammable. Pretty sure that'd be more explosive, though... My plan's climax is to run my opponent over riding a wave of fire, to put it simply.

Questions Filtered From Ramblings:
1. Am I allowed to start with equipment in excess of my carrying capacity?
2. Can a sled keep me up in a mass of wheat?
3. Does flour burn slow, or explosively fast?
4. Do I need to bring all my pre-battle purchases with me to the fight, or can I buy things just to throw off my opponent's speculation?

I'm getting into this discussion late, but I've made a practice of blowing fire by lighting flour while blowing it out my mouth. (Cornstarch works better I hear, but that goes into pudding. Mmh. Pudding.). The flour/air mixture has to be just right, and flour just laying in a pile won't burn. Wheat might burn, but not explosively unless it is powdered (like in a grain elevator).

This is more for curious souls than to answer serious questions.

Psionic Dog
2010-01-20, 09:57 PM
High Ref PsiDog - now joining the ref debate.

@Rainbow, Refs
I'm seeing a lot of Real Life Logic and very little RAW. There does have to be at least a little RAW evidence to extrapolate off of, and at the moment a few issues suggest themselves:

Now I don't have FrostBurn, so it's possible some concerns already have solutions I was unaware of.

How Far does it flow?
If flour/wheat flows like water then the whole pile would distribute evenly across the entire arena floor when the door opens. If it doesn't flow the natural state would be to remain in place. Either way I don't see it burying a foe by any Core rule with the lack of dearth of drift rules. Again, I don't have Frostburn and don't know if a solution is found there.

Is it a trap or a hazard?
Even if the pile would flop over into a drift there is the question if we are modeling a trap or an unstable hazard. Mundane traps generally require Craft(Trap) checks to make as well as having very specific cost tables, whereas a hazard simply lets nature take it's course. Again, I heard someone mention Frostburn, so I have no clue if hazard or trap rules are being referenced.

Set Up Challenges:
Starting with a pillar of stuff stacked neatly in the starting zone? Good.
Starting with a trap or hazard pile leaning against a particular wall/door outside of the starting area? I'd be disinclined to allow that on grounds of starting outside of starting area, but I'd be interested in what others have to say.

Starting Volume/Mass
This concern has already been voiced better than I could state.

On Bread
The only bead density number I've seen is about 25 lb / cubic ft. (http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4622225/description.html)

Sallera
2010-01-20, 10:29 PM
Rainbow/Refs:On flow: The rules I'm going by are avalanche rules, which are applied to traps in Frostburn, as the closest model for the situation.
On classification: A bit of both. They're listed as traps in Frostburn, but use rules for a hazard. By the original idea, they do function much as a hazard, since no real setup is required to make it work.
On setup: I'd agree that it can't be leaned up against the door. The original discussion was based on simply filling the starting area with wheat, which would function without any setup; even the more elaborate idea of a pile leaning against the door was still in the starting zone, but probably shouldn't be doable. It wouldn't have worked, anyway.

vollmond
2010-01-21, 09:12 AM
Good grief

Ganurath
2010-01-21, 02:15 PM
I concur. I'll buy Silk Rope, a Grappling Hook, and a scroll of Expeditious Retreat.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 08:25 AM
Ok, my +2 Weekend of Hecticness is over; I'll do my best to have purchases up today.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 08:57 AM
[roll0] edit: just wow... edit2: haha i already rolled way up top. loooong weekend

Refs

The "all maps" section of the rules says this:

All arenas, unless otherwise stated, are walled in, with doors for gladiators that start closed. The walls are 30' high with a climb DC of 30.

In the case of this map, is that 30' above ground level, or 30' above the ledge that surrounds this map?

Secondary question: Levitate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/levitate.htm) says:

You cannot move the recipient horizontally, but the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).

If I was levitating adjacent to the 30' outer wall, does RAW allow me to kick off the wall and float into the inner part of the map? What rolls would that require, and how would one figure the result?

edit: refs:
Also, how exactly does the Seeking (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#seeking) mod work? Does it just negate the % miss chances, or would it remove any need for me to roll at all? Does it help against cover? I'm very confused :-)

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-25, 11:47 AM
Init. Ref. RPGAGMJAY

Vollmond:

The walls are 30' above the stone walls already pictured within the area.

No, you may not use levitate to 'float' away from the wall like a zero gravity maneuver. You may use the wall to move laterally along the face of the wall at half speed though.

Seeking simply ignores miss chance. So concealment offers no benefit. It has no benefit against cover and you still need to select a square (if you can't see your enemy) to attack and make an attack roll as normal.

Game On!

vollmond
2010-01-25, 01:43 PM
Ok, I'll sell my longbow and buy a Composite +2 Longbow, a CL3rd Levitate potion, and a +1 Blood Seeking arrow.

Ganurath
2010-01-25, 02:54 PM
Rainbow Ninja

Start in M2, scroll of Expeditious Retreat in one hand. I'll cast Invisibility using Arcane Mastery to rub elven superiority in the face of anyone that reads this because I can't have an elf that isn't an egomaniac, then use my move action to open the door before making my 5ft. step to M3.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Stats:HP: 6/6
AC: 17 Full, 13 FF, 13 Touch, +4 Armor, +4 Dex, -1 Aggressive
Saves: +0 Fort, +4 Ref, +0 Will
Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 20 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 03:10 PM
crap, wait, levitate is a level 2 spell... i thought it was lvl 1. I'm going to have to scrounge up another 101 gp to afford my purchases. Let's see... I'll sell my Courtblade and my Oil of Magic Weapon and 1 Dragonsbreath Arrow for 101.25 gp. Turn to come in a bit

vollmond
2010-01-25, 03:19 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 1

Refs/LoS:

Starting in M26, with bow in one hand and Potion of Levitate in the other
Standard: Drink potion
Move: Float 20 feet up

[roll0]
[roll1]
(including +2 for favored enemy (elf)

[roll2]
[roll3]

refs:

When I'm floating, does rolling hide/MS have any effect at all? Or is it a waste of time to roll them?

Done.

edit: ref question (can be answered at next LoS):Assuming he is invisible, I should still see his grappling hook if he throws and secures it within my LoS, correct?

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Favored Enemy (elf) is active (+2 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, and damage)
Levitate: 29/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
20x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
1x +1 Blood Seeking Arrow
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Sallera
2010-01-25, 03:23 PM
Zema:Yes, you still have to roll Hide/MS. No LoS.

Rainbow:No LoS.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 03:26 PM
Sallera/ref (doesn't impede play)
I ninja'd you with another ref question, would you mind taking a look at it? Thanks!

Sallera
2010-01-25, 03:27 PM
Zema:Yes, you would.

Ganurath
2010-01-25, 05:41 PM
Rainbow Ninja
I'll cast Expeditious Retreat off the scroll, drop the empty paper in M2 as a free action, take a 5ft step to M4, then close the doors as a move action.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 19 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 10 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Sallera
2010-01-25, 05:47 PM
Rainbow:No LoS. Doors are still closed.

Zema:No LoS. Your opponent's doors were open, but they've now closed again.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 06:17 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 2

Refs/LoS:

Move: Float 20 feet up
Standard: Ready action
If I see any activity (LoS, or a flying grappling hook, etc), shoot my bow

1d20+9
1d20+9

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Favored Enemy (elf) is active (+2 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, and damage)
Levitate: 28/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
20x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

vollmond
2010-01-25, 06:20 PM
oops

[roll0]
[roll1]

now done.

Sallera
2010-01-25, 06:21 PM
Zema:No LoS.

Rainbow:You see Zema float upward to M26+40.

Ganurath
2010-01-25, 06:34 PM
Rainbow Ninja
Half-speed double move to C9.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ref question (nothing so complex as the avalanche of fried chicken):Would my grappling hook be invisible when I throw it so long as I hold the rope, or will my opponent be able to make use of his recently purchased arrow if I try to gain altitude?

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 18 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 9 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Sallera
2010-01-25, 06:38 PM

Rainbow:No change. Invisibility only affects items you're carrying, so if you throw the rope, he'll be able to see it.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 06:45 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 3

Refs:

Ugh, I'm getting sick of Invisibility. Guess I'm done with it either way after this match....

Refs/LoS:

Move: Float 10 feet up

[roll0]
[roll1]

Not sure why I'm still rolling these -- I'm sure he has near-permanent LoS by this point.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 27/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
20x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Ganurath
2010-01-25, 07:15 PM
Rainbow Ninja
Even if I get up the wall, that's out of the range of my Color Spray... Time to fight dirty. I'll make a half-speed move action to B14, then cast a Silent Image of a grappling hook on a knotted rope flying up from B16, hanging in the air as it falls short of the ledge and drops back down, vanishing again.

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 17 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 8 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Sallera
2010-01-25, 07:40 PM
Refs:Zema's too far away to hear the spellcasting, and with no way of interacting with the image, he doesn't get a will save.

Zema:You see a grappling hook and rope fly upward at B16, but it misses the wall and falls back down again, where you lose sight of it.

Rainbow:Zema moves up to M26+50 and readies an action.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 08:23 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 4

Refs:

Not taking my readied action, as he has total cover from me.

Refs/LoS:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 26/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
20x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Sallera
2010-01-25, 08:26 PM

Rainbow:Zema readies an action again.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 08:30 PM
Ref question (does not impede play):
Levitate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/levitate.htm) says
You can mentally direct the recipient to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action. You cannot move the recipient horizontally, but the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).

Can I use that action to move myself 20 feet up or down, and in the same turn "clamber along the face of a cliff"?

Sallera
2010-01-25, 08:40 PM
Zema:Should work, aye. The lateral movement is self-propelled, so it wouldn't be covered by the 20ft/round limitation on Levitate.

Ganurath
2010-01-25, 08:40 PM
Rainbow Ninja
Let's get things moving in earnest, then. I'll use my standard action to throw my grappling hook up to A14. It's 30 ft, so DC 16.

[roll0]

If the check succeeds, or fails by 5 or more, I'll use my move action to make an Accelerated Climb up at half speed: 30ft, thanks to ER. With a knotted rope and a wall to brace against, that's DC 5. DC 0, if I can brace against the tree all the way up.

[roll1]

If the Use Rope check fails by 4 or less, I'll instead make my sneaky way to B16 at half speed.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 16 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 7 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Sallera
2010-01-25, 08:42 PM
Clarification needed:

Rainbow:Where are you ending your movement?

Ganurath
2010-01-25, 08:50 PM
Clarification Granted:A16, unless my math is off.

Sallera
2010-01-25, 08:58 PM
Zema:You see a grappling hook fly up at A14. It catches this time.

Rainbow:Zema is still in M26+50.

vollmond
2010-01-25, 09:08 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 5

Refs:

Not taking my readied action again

Refs/LoS:

Move: along the wall to O26

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 25/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
20x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

vollmond
2010-02-04, 02:02 PM
Just a bump to put this back into Ganurath's unread list.

Ganurath
2010-02-04, 02:12 PM
Rainbow Ninja
Hmm... I'll make a 5ft step to A17, then I'll recollect my Grappling Hook and rope. Not sure what action it'll take, but I want to know my opponent's reaction to the rope disappearing upward.

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 15 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 6 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete, and apologies.

Sallera
2010-02-05, 01:44 PM
Clarification needed.

Rainbow:Your hook is at A14, not A17, I believe. Also, move action to retrieve the hook.

Ganurath
2010-02-05, 03:32 PM
Granted:Ah, my mistake, been a while. 5ft to A15, then, and if possible take a total defense action before retrieving.

Sallera
2010-02-05, 03:51 PM
Rainbow:Zema is in O26+50.

Zema:You see the grappling hook and rope dragged upward, where they vanish.

vollmond
2010-02-05, 03:59 PM
When I see the grappling hook being dragged up, my readied action to fire my bow is triggered. Shooting at A14

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] hit on 1

vollmond
2010-02-05, 04:00 PM
*blink* I can honestly say I didn't expect that to happen. I'll wait to see your response before I post my turn.

Ganurath
2010-02-05, 06:57 PM
You missed.

Turn Complete.

vollmond
2010-02-05, 07:20 PM
Can't wait to read this later and see what happened there..

Zema Eloon, Turn 6

Refs/LoS:

If I pinpoint his location (such as from a Listen check), shoot my bow

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 24/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Ganurath
2010-02-05, 07:24 PM
Ref question:What's the Balance DC to walk/crawl across the closed doors?

Sallera
2010-02-05, 08:06 PM
Rainbow:10.

Ganurath
2010-02-05, 08:24 PM
Rainbow Ninja
I'm half-speed double move on sunshine from A15 to C4. And don't it feel good!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 14 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 5 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete, and roll a Nat 20 on Listen to hear mocking laughter.

...No, not really. Turn is complete, though.

Sallera
2010-02-08, 02:16 PM

Rainbow:Zema is still in O26+50.

vollmond
2010-02-08, 09:08 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 7

Refs/LoS:

Ready Action
If I pinpoint his location in any way, shoot my bow.

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 23/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
3x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Ganurath
2010-02-09, 02:39 AM
Rainbow Ninja
Half-speed double move to L3.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 13 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 4 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-09, 03:07 AM

Rainbow:Zema is still in O26+50. He readies an action again.

vollmond
2010-02-09, 03:23 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 8

Refs:
Bit of a stalemate here. I really can't do anything until I know where he is, and I am (hopefully) out of range of his save-or-suck spells. Really surprised I didn't hear anything with that listen check I rolled. Let's see if he's made it to the end of his ledge yet.

Refs/LoS:

Move: Draw an alchemist's fire
Move: Throw said alchemist's fire at Ninja in L26
[roll0] (including -2 for range)
[roll1]
[roll2] (hit on 1)
[roll3]

Reactive Rolls:

[roll4]
[roll5]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 22/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Sallera
2010-02-09, 03:25 PM
Zema:Nothing happens.

Rainbow:Zema throws an alchemist's fire at L26.

Ganurath
2010-02-09, 04:53 PM
Rainbow Ninja
Quarter speed move action across the door to L6. Assuming I make the Balance check, I will then make a half-speed move to S1.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 12 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 3 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-09, 05:30 PM
Zema:You hear movement to the north.

Rainbow:No change.

vollmond
2010-02-09, 05:43 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 9

Refs:
Hmm. So the question is, is he circling the long way around, or did he clumsily jump to O-24? With that Listen roll, it could be either. Let's get a bit more distance just in case.

Refs/LoS:

Move: Float up another 20'
Fire bow on any LoS information

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 21/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Sallera
2010-02-09, 05:49 PM
Zema:No change.

Rainbow:Zema floats up to O26+70.

Ganurath
2010-02-10, 12:14 AM
Rainbow Ninja
Half-speed double move to Z8.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 11 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 2 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-10, 12:29 AM

vollmond
2010-02-10, 10:21 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 10

Refs/LoS:

For just a hint of variety :smallwink:
Fire bow on any LoS information

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 20/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
7x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Ganurath
2010-02-11, 01:24 AM
Rainbow Ninja
Half-speed double move to Z20.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 10 rounds, Expeditious Retreat 1 round, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-11, 01:32 AM

vollmond
2010-02-11, 08:01 AM
Zema Eloon, Turn 11

Refs/LoS:

He is in LoS at the end of any turn, fire my bow. Let's see him make me waste my ready action now! ha.

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 18/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
6x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

edit: Crap I edited this post rather than replying with a new post
edit: i think i got the rolls fixed. nothing came of the text, so that's probably not a problem

Ganurath
2010-02-11, 11:41 AM
Rainbow Ninja
Half-speed double move to U26.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 9 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-11, 02:16 PM
Zema:You hear movement to the east and down (at approximately 45 degrees).

vollmond
2010-02-11, 02:28 PM
Thanks, Sallera.

Readied action is triggered. Firing masterwork arrow at (hopefully) Ganurath in X-26.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

I suppose I shouldn't actually roll the miss chance, if needed, so I'll let a ref or Gan do it.

edit: That attack roll was high enough that I'm going to wait for a response before I take my turn.

Ganurath
2010-02-11, 02:54 PM
You missed again.

vollmond
2010-02-11, 04:07 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 12

Refs:
I always copy my template text from my most recent turn to make my new turns. This time I accidentally edited my previous turn instead of copying into a "post reply" page, hence the broken post roll counts in that turn. Let me know if there's any way I can fix/revert that, please

Refs/LoS:

He is in LoS at the end of any turn, fire my bow. Let's see him make me waste my ready action now! ha.

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 18/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
6x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Sallera
2010-02-11, 04:09 PM
Zema:No LoS. You can fix it by editing in [roll0], [roll1], etc... until you've accounted for all of them.

Rainbow:Zema is still in O26+70, and readies another action.

Ganurath
2010-02-11, 09:12 PM
Rainbow Ninja
I'll cast Message on my opponent before taking a half-speed move action to R26. Upon arriving, I'll take a free action to whisper "Neener neener neener..."

OOC Commentary: 2 down, 32 to go... Blegh. Better to outlast his levitate.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 8 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-11, 09:34 PM
Zema:You hear some unintelligible speech from the same general direction, then you hear a whisper from nowhere that says "Neener neener neener..."

vollmond
2010-02-12, 11:46 AM
Zema Eloon, Turn 13

Refs:
The waiting game continues. My Levitate should last 10 rounds longer than his Invisibility.

Refs/LoS:

Free: Make a rude gesture towards the direction I'm hearing things from.
if he is in LoS at the end of any turn, fire my bow

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 17/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
6x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Ganurath
2010-02-12, 11:52 AM
Rainbow Ninja
Half-speed double move to O25. While in transit, I'll whisper the following to increase his Listen DC via distraction: "Are you listening? Can you hear me? Huh? Huh?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 7 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-12, 11:55 AM
Zema:You hear another whisper that says "Are you listening? Can you hear me? Huh? Huh?"

Rainbow:Zema makes a rude gesture in your general direction, then readies another action.

vollmond
2010-02-12, 12:03 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 14

Refs/LoS:

Free: Say, "I hear you, you coward. Show yourself so that we can finish this!"
Move: clamber along the wall 15' west

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 16/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
6x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Ganurath
2010-02-12, 12:13 PM
Rainbow Ninja
Hmm... 10ft to O26, 20ft to N26, 20ft to M26, and 10ft to L26. While in transit, I'll whisper: "Coward? Come down here and say that to my face."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 6 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-13, 08:30 PM
Clarification needed.

Rainbow:Could you revise that movement to something legal?

Ganurath
2010-02-13, 08:46 PM
Granted:Said 26s, meant 24s. Will I need to reroll, or just go with that?

Sallera
2010-02-13, 09:23 PM
Zema:You hear another whisper that says "Coward? Come down here and say that to my face." No other LoS.

Rainbow:Zema moves over to L26+70, then readies another action.

vollmond
2010-02-15, 11:13 AM
Zema Eloon, Turn 15

Refs/LoS:

Free: Say, "If I could see your face, I would gladly do that."

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 15/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
6x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

edit: Just quoting this to remind myself the next time I go looking through my older threads:
Posting will be delayed by a security purge.

Ganurath
2010-02-18, 04:03 PM
Rainbow Ninja
I'll ready an action to Color Spray if he completes an action within the spell's range. "So much worry over a simple Will save. You can at least come low enough that Color Spray can hit, but not so low that I can spear you."

Special: Armored Casting, Invisible 5 rounds, Fire Resistence 5.

Turn Complete.

Sallera
2010-02-18, 04:10 PM
Zema:You hear another whisper that says "So much worry over a simple Will save. You can at least come low enough that Color Spray can hit, but not so low that I can spear you." No other LoS.

vollmond
2010-02-18, 10:22 PM
Zema Eloon, Turn 16

Refs:
My apologies for what is probably the most boring possible match to do LoS for. Though, I suppose it's pretty easy when nothing changes for 10 rounds :smallsmile: Oh well, his invisibility should run out in about 4 turns, so that'll be nice

Refs/LoS:

Free: Say, "Now why would I want to do that? Why don't you float up here and try to hit me -- oh wait"

Reactive Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Done.

Statblock

Low-light Vision
HP 7/7
AC 18, t15, ff13
Levitate: 14/30 remaining

Remaining Consumables:
19x Arrows
6x Masterwork Arrows
6x Dragonsbreath Arrows
2x Acid
Hunk of Cheese

Sallera
2010-02-18, 10:25 PM

Sallera
2010-02-24, 12:03 AM
High Ref Sallera

A bolt of Ref Lightning narrowly misses Zema as it strikes Rainbow Ninja, and the former takes the victory.