PDA

View Full Version : Devil Forgemaster?

EdroGrimshell
2010-01-20, 08:14 PM
Has anyone seen a class based on the devil forgemaster from castlevania curse of darkness, and if not can i inquire as to anyone willing to try to make one.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-01-20, 08:18 PM
Has anyone seen a class based on the devil forgemaster from castlevania curse of darkness, and if not can i inquire as to anyone willing to try to make one.

I haven't seen one, but I may be able to help in the creation of something akin to it, if given enough information on it, or if it has anything crazy to do with using souls for fun and profit, I may wrangle Glimbur into making it instead.

madmike1990
2010-09-14, 12:38 PM
Me and a friend are in the process of ripping a new hole in to the ttrpg games, i will give you my devil forgemaster setup when done, pprobably 20 minutes.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-14, 01:04 PM
Me and a friend are in the process of ripping a new hole in to the ttrpg games, i will give you my devil forgemaster setup when done, pprobably 20 minutes.

Thanks :smallbiggrin:, i thought this was forgotten but i guess not.

madmike1990
2010-09-14, 01:14 PM
Devil Forgemaster

Levels attack bonus For Will Rfx Special
1 +1 +1 +1 +1 ID: Fairy
2 +1 +1 +1 +2
3 +2 +2 +1 +2
4 +2 +2 +1 +2 ID: Brawler
5 +3/1 +3 +2 +3
6 +3/1 +3 +2 +3
7 +4/2 +4 +2 +3
8 +4/2 +4 +2 +4 ID: Crow
9 +5/3 +5 +3 +4
10 +5/3/1 +5 +3 +4
11 +6/4/1 +6 +3 +5
12 +6/4/2 +6 +3 +5 ID: Mage
13 +7/5/2 +7 +4 +5
14 +7/5/3 +7 +4 +6
15 +8/6/3/1 +8 +4 +6
16 +8/6/4/1 +8 +4 +6 ID: Devil
17 +9/7/4/2 +9 +5 +7
18 +9/7/5/2 +9 +5 +7
19 +10/8/5/3 +10 +5 +7
20 +10/8/6/3 +10 +6 +8

*Limitations for balance
- Only one ID (innocent devil) may be summoned at a time,
Innocent devils life, stats and level are equivilent to your base stats.
-Brawler type deals damage based on your weapons damage and stats.
-Gale type deals damage based off your weapon and stats
-Mage type deals magical damage based on your weapons damage and stats

**Devil Forgemaster recieves spells the same-way as the sorcerer,
The Devil Forgemaster may choose druidic/clerical/arcane spells as well.
The forgemasters spells known/level are half that of the sorcerers.

*-Devil type can use all spells
-Fairy type can use druidic/clerical spells
-Mage type can use arcane spells
** both only have access to spells you know.

*brawlers give a +3 to str +3 to con
*crow gives a +5 to dex
*Mage gives a +3 to int +3 to wis
*fairy gives a +3 to cha +3 to wis
*devil gives a +2 to all stats

***devil forgemaster cannot have any familiars other than innocent devils.

Feel free to use and modify as seen fit.
Thank you konomi for: Castlevania: COD
Thank you Tsr/White Wolf/Wizards: For DND
and thank you for reading.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-14, 01:35 PM
I always saw the Devil Forgemaster as having good combat abilities.

MoleMage
2010-09-14, 05:18 PM
That looks to be using a tweaked combat system. A +10/8/6/3 iterative attack doesn't exist in DnD 3.5.

madmike1990
2010-09-21, 07:04 PM
we are also revisting the devil forgemaster for our own rpg based game, when i finish the class would you like me to introduce it to the d20 system?
*on the combat, I find that hector and Isaac where very good in the fighting, but where we are working for is more of the forging, i believe and so does my colleague that the forgemaster should automatically attain all the forging metamagic feats (such as in the 3.5 dnd core players guide: forge ring, make magic arms and armor, ect.)
- the devil forgemaster ID's are being remade in our game to level up in a one line progression, ill give an example
the progressions are based on 1-20
levels 1-5 6-10 11-15 16-20+
Iron Knight -> Blade Knight -> Iron Vanguard -> Colossus Knight

like i stated in the previous thread, feel free to reuse or alter the information, i used the stats and attacks for balance reasons, the forgemaster i had in mind was a war-mage that wields familiars, while in reality he is a battle hardend warrior out for revenge and re-awakes the devastating powers of the innocent devils, Fairy, Magmar, Mage, Devil, Pumpkin, Crow, ect. the final innocend devil The End (cain i believe or abel lol) was not very impressive except for its increases in the ability scores of hector.
I don't find it wrong to want to keep him the way in CoD with the battle readiness but i feel that the ability to cast half as many spells per day as a wizard (with the ability of using druidic and clerical spells) makes him a useful tank as well as great blaster, or support player. which in fact you play most of the time in the game, whether your devils are tanking and your taking out monsters or guard impacting to regenerate their health, or just power leveling the devils.
On the leveling of devils.
i find that linking them directly to your own stats is a good way to make it less complicated to play and easier for newer players to pick up.
this is far from perfect, i just wanted to help introduce a new class to dungeons and dragons, dnd, adnd, d20, ect ect ect.

so please if you feel something needs changed go ahead and revamp it, ill keep helping if needed, i will rebuild it to my game and transfer it. feel free to email me as well
[email protected]

sorry i cant be on everyday, i use the 2 libraries in town to get on and money for gas is scarce.

madmike1990
2010-10-10, 02:38 PM
just actually moved into 4th edition.. could be interesting in that too, but when i get some freetime (wed/thur) i will post a new design.