PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/any] Treasure Tables

Thurbane
2010-01-20, 09:35 PM
Hey all,

Anyone know of sources for alernate/supplemental treasure tables to the ones in the DMG/SRD? Homebrew/3rd party is totally acceptable.

P.S. I'm talking monetary/tradegoods/valuables, not magic items in case that wasn't clear.

Basically, I want to spice up what PCs find in random encounters...I have some homebrew tables of my own in progress, but I thought I'd have a look at what's already out there.

Cheers - T

jokey665
2010-01-20, 09:37 PM
The only other ones I know of are the ones in the Magic Item Compendium.

Thurbane
2010-01-20, 09:37 PM
The only other ones I know of are the ones in the Magic Item Compendium.
Yep, other than those. :smallwink:

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-20, 09:48 PM
The best you can do is homebrew one. I'd look through the CO Handbooks for each class your players are playing (roles, whatever) and design the random treasure charts seperately for each of those classes based on the info in those threads.

SexyPlantLover
2010-01-21, 01:12 AM
I like this random generator: http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/treasure/

my players once found a cavern with 2 wine barrels and a cart with the other random loot and used it to kill the giant inside. definatly added fun thinking. YMMV

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-21, 01:28 AM
I think there's something in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

AslanCross
2010-01-21, 02:15 AM
I think there's something in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Yep. AEG has spices, liquor, cereals--You could practically put together a medieval supermarket with its list. It has edible items and even non-edibles like carpets and perfume.

alchemyprime
2010-01-21, 03:57 AM
I love the A&EG for foods. I use it in EVERY EDITION I love it so much.

What I have is the one from the Tome of Secrets for Pathfinder. Roll 3d100. INSTANT LOOT!

ericgrau
2010-01-21, 12:03 PM
My custom magic item shop generator uses the standard treasure tables so it can also be used to generate encounter treasure. Just set the number of encounters to 1. The treasure tables can be edited to include anything you want. You can even create new tables. To reference a table from another table you put the header of the new table in column 1 (see existing tables for examples).

Sliver
2010-01-21, 12:29 PM
I saw some time ago a treasure generator that could fill in chests and rooms, and also had spices and stuff generated in it.. Anyone knows what I'm talking about? :smalltongue: Really would like to find that one again..

Thurbane
2010-01-21, 09:21 PM
I saw some time ago a treasure generator that could fill in chests and rooms, and also had spices and stuff generated in it.. Anyone knows what I'm talking about? :smalltongue: Really would like to find that one again..
This sounds exactly like what I'm loking for too! :smallcool:

...also, anyone famliliar with this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/15md2mc.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Mother-all-Treasure-Tables/dp/1594590656

Thurbane
2010-01-23, 11:21 PM
Update: I bought the above Mother of all Teasure Tables at my FLGS on Friday, and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'd strongly recommend it for anyone who wants to spice up their treasure tables. Note: it does not include magic items, only items of monetary value.