PDA

View Full Version : Die, Monster! You Don't Belong in this World! (DnD 3.5 PrC help request)

Velvet Pillow
2010-01-20, 09:42 PM
Okay, my request comes from a desire to see the utter bad@$$ vampire slaying style of the Belmonts from Castlevania translated into a prestige class. A friend of mine and I are attempting to construct a class so that we can see a faithful representation of the Belmonts in DnD games to come. What we need from YOU is advice on how to make this happen. A knowledge of Castlevania, naturally, would be much appreciated. What would you do with this class? Saves? BAB? Abilities? Let us know what YOU think a Belmont PrC uses!

(My friend told me this should be posted in the regular RPing section. I think she's just silly... >.<)

JoshuaZ
2010-01-20, 09:58 PM
Okay, my request comes from a desire to see the utter bad@$$ vampire slaying style of the Belmonts from Castlevania translated into a prestige class. A friend of mine and I are attempting to construct a class so that we can see a faithful representation of the Belmonts in DnD games to come. What we need from YOU is advice on how to make this happen. A knowledge of Castlevania, naturally, would be much appreciated. What would you do with this class? Saves? BAB? Abilities? Let us know what YOU think a Belmont PrC uses!

(My friend told me this should be posted in the regular RPing section. I think she's just silly... >.<)

She's probably right that this should be in the RPing section in so far as a pretty decent build could likely be done without any homebrew. Libris Mortis and Complete Divine both have relevant classes that could likely help. There's a lot of undead-fighting material PrCs and such out there. Even just a ranger with favored enemy (undead) would possibly do a lot of it.

deuxhero
2010-01-20, 10:25 PM
All of the main subweapons (bar the bible and pocketwatch, the 2nd sucks and the 1st is not as prominent) are throwing weapons.
Whip Daggers (basicly a dagger with lethal armor piercing damage) are in arms and equipment guide (though I would go with something-gama from the DMG and call it a whip, as you actually threaten with it).

I'd say ToB+Bloodstorm Blade dip.