PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Multiplayer Game

Thrawn183
2010-01-20, 11:06 PM
So I graduated a bit less than a year ago and am currently looking for some multiplayer computer games that I can play with my friends who are now scattered across the country.

In particular I'm looking for something free, though we've all gotten tired of Battle for Wesnoth.

We're all currently applying for jobs with the census so money might not be quite the issue that it currently is for us (now that I think about it, we've all been unemployed for almost 9 months) but I can't expect any of them to go out and buy $50 worth of a game.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-01-20, 11:27 PM
Team Fortress 2 costs $19.99 on Steam, and is about the most fun you can have online for the money...or for any $20+ you care to spend, for that matter. Plus you can be part of a thriving GitP TF2 community. :smallbiggrin:

Free games I'm not so sure of...I know the new Conan MMO and D&D Online both have free-to-play games, although certain benefits apparently require subscriptions/purchases.

Nexuiz is also a rather fun (if simplistic) first person shooter that has an Unreal Tournament vibe to it, except much faster-paced.

Aside from that, I can't really say.

warty goblin
2010-01-20, 11:31 PM
Steam has this wonderful tab "Games under $5." There you will find such wonders as Ostfront 41-45: Red Orchestra which I can personally attest to being brilliant. It's not free, but $5 is pretty darn cheap, and the game is very multiplayer focused. Plus there's like two total conversions of it as well, which you get automatically when you buy the original.