PDA

View Full Version : What is it called again?

Gnaritas
2010-01-21, 05:00 AM
What is the name of the feat/ability/ritual/something that let's you replace Elf Racial traits with feats.

I just want to show someone what kind of sillyness there is.

Eldariel
2010-01-21, 05:06 AM
Dark Chaos Shuffle? It's Fiendish Codex I.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-01-21, 05:06 AM
It's called the Chaos Shuffle, it involves two spells from Fiendish Codex I. Embrace the Dark Chaos replaces any one feat you already have of your choosing (i.e. Martial Weapon Proficiency which an Elf gets four times) with any Fiendish Heritage feat, and then Shun the Dark Chaos replaces any Fiendish Heritage feat you have with a feat of your choosing.

Tokiko Mima
2010-01-21, 05:32 AM
I love the name of this trick, by the way. I want for the somatic component to be a dance routine. :smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2010-01-21, 07:48 AM
There's a flaw in Dragon Magazine for half-elves called Quarter Elf (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Quarter_Elf) - you lose some of your racial features, and get the bonus feat which comes from taking a flaw.

Person_Man
2010-01-21, 12:53 PM
There's also the Heroism spell (Spell Comp?), which gives you a Fighter Bonus feat for a moderate duration. And it's something that your DM might actually allow.

Eldariel
2010-01-21, 12:56 PM
There's also the Heroism spell (Spell Comp?), which gives you a Fighter Bonus feat for a moderate duration. And it's something that your DM might actually allow.

Heroics, actually. Level 2, 10 min/level. Heroism is a PHB spell.

JeenLeen
2010-01-21, 01:08 PM
It's called the Chaos Shuffle, it involves two spells from Fiendish Codex I. Embrace the Dark Chaos replaces any one feat you already have of your choosing (i.e. Martial Weapon Proficiency which an Elf gets four times) with any Fiendish Heritage feat, and then Shun the Dark Chaos replaces any Fiendish Heritage feat you have with a feat of your choosing.

Are those weapon proficiencies actually considered feats? I assumed it was just a racial feature: elves are proficient with x, not elves get "Weapon Proficiency: x" as a bonus feat.

If the latter, it would seem logical to say that classes with weapon or armor proficiencies (such as wizard with their few particular weapon proficiencies) could also use it.*

*in theory, not saying it should be used like that even if it can be

Tavar
2010-01-21, 01:21 PM
From the SRD;
Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.

Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor (light, medium, and heavy), and with shields (except tower shields).

A cleric who chooses the War domain receives the Weapon Focus feat related to his deity’s weapon as a bonus feat. He also receives the appropriate Martial Weapon Proficiency feat as a bonus feat, if the weapon falls into that category.

It could be argued that Class proficiencies could be shuffled, but it's not arguable that the spell allows one to transfer feats, Which the elf race gives you.

Optimystik
2010-01-21, 01:23 PM
Psywars also get Feat Leech to steal fighter/psionic feats.

JeenLeen
2010-01-21, 01:32 PM
Another trick with Chaos Shuffle, that at least I think should work, is to use it once you hit epic levels to turn non-epic feats into epic feats.

Tavar
2010-01-21, 01:40 PM
Epic is so messed up it isn't funny, though. Of course, if that does work, you can use dragonwrought kobolds to do it before level 21.

Another good use is to trade the feats for Open-minded several times. You never lose skill points, so you can buy up many skills that way.

Curmudgeon
2010-01-21, 01:49 PM
Another trick with Chaos Shuffle, that at least I think should work, is to use it once you hit epic levels to turn non-epic feats into epic feats.
Oh, it works, but you still need to satisfy all the feat prerequisites. So you can pick up Fast Healing [Epic] (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#fastHealing), but you still need to maintain CON 25 for it to function. A +6 enhancement item is easy enough -- until you get smacked in an Antimagic Field. :smalleek:

Tavar
2010-01-21, 01:56 PM
Well, just CS to get the feat Great Constitution [Epic] multiple times.

The Glyphstone
2010-01-21, 01:57 PM
And then there's the stupidly broken interpretation when you use Planar Touchstones, Otyugh Holes, and familiars with Alertness to get infinite feats...

Tavar
2010-01-21, 01:59 PM
And then there's the stupidly broken interpretation when you use Planar Touchstones, Otyugh Holes, and familiars with Alertness to get infinite feats...

Because it wasn't before....?

Deth Muncher
2010-01-21, 05:35 PM
From the SRD;
Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.

Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor (light, medium, and heavy), and with shields (except tower shields).

A cleric who chooses the War domain receives the Weapon Focus feat related to his deity’s weapon as a bonus feat. He also receives the appropriate Martial Weapon Proficiency feat as a bonus feat, if the weapon falls into that category.

It could be argued that Class proficiencies could be shuffled, but it's not arguable that the spell allows one to transfer feats, Which the elf race gives you.

This seems like an infinite feat combo.

If Cleric=Worship God X, recieve Proficiency.

Shuffle that away. Does Cleric still = worship God X? Guess he needs the feat again.