PDA

View Full Version : What would be more valuable...

Boostaloo
2010-01-21, 11:59 AM
an extra 1d6 damage or and extra feat?

I am leaning toward the feat, but I am not sure.

The character build is

Scout/Ranger/Rog and it is for a cohort. I know everyone says use swift hunter over swift ambusher, but I want to give this build a shot. Plus, the only downsides I could figure out to that was that SA damage doesn't effect any creature immune to criticals, and that my BAB would be slightly lower. Anyways this character will be level 18, and I need to decide whether to make him:

Scout4/Ranger2/Rog12

or

Scout3/Ranger2/Rog13

DementedFellow
2010-01-21, 12:02 PM
I would go with the feat. 1d6 doesn't really come out to a lot close to end-game.

Feat also opens up a little more versatility.

Telonius
2010-01-21, 12:12 PM
Depends on the feat. Which one of the Scout feats were you planning on taking?

tyckspoon
2010-01-21, 12:17 PM
Depends on two basic factors: How 'complete' is your build, and how many attacks can you put out with a good chance of hitting? If you can reliably hit, say, 4-6 times in a full attack sequence, then 1d6 adds another 4-6d6 to your total damage output, which is not insignificant. That's reasonable if you already have all the feats you consider must-haves. On the other hand, if one more feat would let you fit in Craven or Elusive Target or other really good feats in there, then go with the feat.

Boostaloo
2010-01-21, 12:23 PM
I was going to grab improved initiative. I wanted to up the chance of catching enemies flat-footed.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-21, 12:54 PM
I was going to grab improved initiative. I wanted to up the chance of catching enemies flat-footed.

Buy Wands of Grease and Pyrotechnics. One is effectively a No Save FF'ed against every attacl you make unless the target has 5 Ranks in Balance (a very rare skill, even most outsiders don't have it), and the other is Auto-Blindness with no save (buy a Blindfold of True Darkness to negate).