PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 0-10 how happy are you with your life?

Kjata
2010-01-21, 07:22 PM
Here is the scale.

10-Flawless. The kind of life half of America believes celebrities have.
9-Quite Amazing- Everything seems to go your way except a few things here and there.
7-8-Great but it could be a little better.
4-6- Meh. Could be worse.
2-3- Sucks. Depression, anxiety and addiction are common here.
1-Suicidal.
0-Bit the bullet, so to speak. Suicide was committed.

Obviously no one should be posting a 0 or 10. So just how good is your life?

Myself, I'm at a 7. I have great friends and everything is going good.

Sneak
2010-01-21, 07:32 PM
4. I know things are going to pick up for me fairly soon, though, if I can just make it through this period of meh.

blackfox
2010-01-21, 07:35 PM
4 or so. Once my brain realizes that the winter is acting like winter here and not like summer, I will be better.

SurlySeraph
2010-01-21, 07:37 PM
3. Will probably be higher once winter break ends. I hate not having any work to do.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-21, 07:39 PM
3.5 for me.

Dr. Bath
2010-01-21, 07:39 PM
Probably a 5. Finding a cheap(ish), nice house that all 8 of us can agree on for next year is stressful, as are the current exams I am in no way prepared for.

Otherwise... great!

zeratul
2010-01-21, 07:40 PM
about 7, might be a bit lower when winters over and when the concert season is over, but overall pretty good.

TheBST
2010-01-21, 07:43 PM
It was 6.

Then I saw an Oxfam ad for Famine support.

Now I'm at 9. Corny as it sounds, damn I'm a lucky, privileged fellow.

OverdrivePrime
2010-01-21, 07:46 PM
I usually clock in at a solid 9, if not higher. I'm a very optimistic person who has a very easy time finding the best in things and being grateful for the opportunities and abilities that I have.

However, 2009 was the worst year of my adult life and recovering from all the mess has not been fun. Right now I'm at about a 7 and a half, but things are continually getting better. :smallsmile:

Shas aia Toriia
2010-01-21, 07:48 PM
5 or a 6.
I was a 7 half a year ago, but I'm suffering from some annoying insecurities.
Though to be fair, about a year and a half ago I would have been a 3.

arguskos
2010-01-21, 07:51 PM
Between 1 and 2.5, depending on my mood and how my day went. Typical day produces typical results, which I would peg at a solid 2.

PJ the Epic
2010-01-21, 07:53 PM
About a five. Sure, I'm very very lucky to live where I do, but I have a huge paranoia and anxiety problem. I'm slowly going insane, and now I'm starting to see faces everywhere.

DraPrime
2010-01-21, 07:56 PM

I'm doin' fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-21, 08:04 PM
For the first time in my life I can claim a 9. Minimum. I'm very happy with how things have gotten better (left the fail of Private Schools behind, gorgeous girlfriend, rooted out all the bad friends, almost out of being a ****ing teenager, joining bands, have hobbies and interests that I've chosen for myself, new laptop, music I love to bits, found loads of stuff which I love to bits that I thought was lost when we moved in here, family is at it's most stable and caring (moreso then when my parents were still together)) ... pretty much everything just seems to be going so well.

Woo life :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2010-01-21, 08:05 PM
I think i'm a 7.

Gryffon
2010-01-21, 08:09 PM
I'm gonna say 9.

I'm working on a Ph.D, so I can teach. I'm in love with a wonderful person. And I have pretty much everything I need. A few more things fall into place, and I'm off to the land of the perfect 10.

Lykan
2010-01-21, 08:11 PM
3.5, I guess.

I mean, I have clinical depression and GAD, which would put me, but there's also apathy. Which makes it kinda "meh." I might be more of a six or so without the mental stuffs. I'm not sure I fit on this scale anywhere. >.>

PirateMonk
2010-01-21, 08:14 PM
I'll go with 8.

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 08:16 PM
I'll go with 8.

There's a couple notable things I'd like differently, but it's overall going quite well.

Helanna
2010-01-21, 08:30 PM
I'd definitely say at least an 8 for me. There are a lot of things that could be better in my life, but when I think of all the ways it could be worse . . .

Ninja Chocobo
2010-01-21, 08:46 PM
I'd put it at about a one or two, but objectively it's more like a seven or eight.
I mean, I've got an incredibly privileged life with some major issues that drop me into a black funk of despair 70-80 per cent of the time.
Mope mope mope.

randman22222
2010-01-21, 08:57 PM
I don't think I can place myself on this continuum. Looking solely at my life is not a reflection of how I feel on average, because I simply CANNOT look at my life alone. My life is NOT the only one out there. My life reflects those of others as well.
Looking at life, the universe, and everything, the idea of happiness breaks down.

How happy am I with my life? N/A
How happy am I with life? N/A
How happy am I in the condition that is <randman22222's name here>?

...A six, I think.
My hope bumps it up from a five, and looking backwards in time brings it up from a four. :smallsmile:

(I also think there's a problem in your descriptions of each scale. The jump from 6's "Meh. Could be worse." to 7's "Great..." is quite a bit.)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-01-21, 09:09 PM
Around a 4. Been kinda down lately, but the awesome that is my friends is making me happy, and it looks like, out of the, oh, 5 friends it looked like I was gonna lose, I'm only gonna lose 2, 1 of whom I never cared for.

Flickerdart
2010-01-21, 09:14 PM
Five, maybe six. A passing grade, but performance is lacklustre at best, even if technically acceptable.

Temotei
2010-01-21, 09:18 PM
Between 1 and 2.5, depending on my mood and how my day went. Typical day produces typical results, which I would peg at a solid 2.

Is that with 10 being the happiest? :smalleek:

I'm a nine or nine point-five.

Kallisti
2010-01-21, 09:20 PM
About threeish. Maybe a bit more on good days. Up to a five when my friends actually manage to get together for a game. I have really awesome friends. Better than I deserve, that's for sure.

Fostire
2010-01-21, 09:22 PM
So far it's ~8.5
Right now it oscillates between 6 and 7 but I predict an upwards trend this year.

ForzaFiori
2010-01-21, 09:23 PM
Depends on the day obviously. Over the last couple years though, I've been slowly rising from the low of 2 about 2.5 years ago. probably around a 4ish now. Still get depressed when stuff goes bad, I have, unfortunately, several additions (all legal, thankfully), but on the whole, much better than it has been. Maybe when I get out of high school, and quit going crazy about making sure I get into college, It'll go up a bit.

The Extinguisher
2010-01-21, 09:23 PM
2 to 2.5 seems about right, depending on the day.

Sometimes I feel like a 4, but that's only on a really, really good day.

arguskos
2010-01-21, 09:27 PM
Is that with 10 being the happiest? :smalleek:

I'm a nine or nine point-five. Maybe even ten.
Yeah. I'm... yeah. Let's leave it at that.

Also, wow. So many people here are really happy with their lives. I'll be there someday! I swear it! :smallsigh:

Yarram
2010-01-21, 09:27 PM
I dunno really. Such a hard question, especially since it would fluctuate. At this very moment, probably 7 but it's been much higher and much lower.

Perenelle
2010-01-21, 09:29 PM
probably a 4. There's just a lot of stuff going on lately. and things could be better. :smallsigh:

Gamerlord
2010-01-21, 09:29 PM
0. :smalltongue:

KIDDING,KIDDING!
Usually a 4.

Temotei
2010-01-21, 09:59 PM
I see more sad/low self-esteem people than happy people on here. Maybe it's just me and my subconscious going "AHHHHHH!!! Less-than-satisfied people!"

Yeah. Maybe. :smallsigh:

Moff Chumley
2010-01-21, 11:05 PM
For the first time in my life I can claim a 9. Minimum. I'm very happy with how things have gotten better (left the fail of Private Schools behind, gorgeous girlfriend, rooted out all the bad friends, almost out of being a ****ing teenager, joining bands, have hobbies and interests that I've chosen for myself, new laptop, music I love to bits, found loads of stuff which I love to bits that I thought was lost when we moved in here, family is at it's most stable and caring (moreso then when my parents were still together)) ... pretty much everything just seems to be going so well.

Woo life :smallbiggrin:

:smallmad:

Stop being happy. It's making the rest of us look bad. Sigh... (local public schools are worse than private, which I can't afford, every girl I ever liked turned out to be a drunk, lesbian, or asexual, my good band is dead and my bad band is bad, no hobbies aside from looking at music gear on the internet, **** computer, no new music, family is driving me insane, and three more years of this mess...)

I'd put it at about a one or two, but objectively it's more like a seven or eight.
I mean, I've got an incredibly privileged life with some major issues that drop me into a black funk of despair 70-80 per cent of the time.
Mope mope mope.

Likewise. My biggest complaint is I have nothing legitimate to complain about. :smallsigh:

Ninja Chocobo
2010-01-21, 11:12 PM
Likewise. My biggest complaint is I have nothing legitimate to complain about. :smallsigh:

Oi, I've got plenty to complain about, I've just never had to proverbially go hungry.

Moff Chumley
2010-01-21, 11:17 PM
I meant nothing BIG to complain about. :smallannoyed:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-22, 12:23 AM
I'll say 5.5

Most of my cousins, who are the people I get to hang out with most frequently, are jerks. Even though I've told them before They don't care. I've met people online that are nicer then them and they're my freaking cousins. Naturally, this puts a big damper on my mood in addition to some of the problems I already have.

Temotei
2010-01-22, 12:25 AM
I'll say 5.5

Most of my cousins, who are the people I get to hang out with most frequently, are jerks. Even though I've told them before They don't care. I've met people online that are nicer then them and they're my freaking cousins. Naturally, this puts a big damper on my mood in addition to some of the problems I already have.

Nice save on the language. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah...my stepcousins aren't that great either. But I don't care! :smallcool:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-22, 12:28 AM
Nice save on the language. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah...my stepcousins aren't that great either. But I don't care! :smallcool:

these people are my actual flesh and blood cousins though.

Although, judging by the difference, I swear I'm an alien or something.

The Demented One
2010-01-22, 12:31 AM
About a 3 now, generally a 9.

Trog
2010-01-22, 12:47 AM
4-5 on average this past year despite depression and anxiety and other crap. A longer term average would put me in the 7 range. Hopefully I'll be rising back to that level again soon. :smallsmile:

Pocketa
2010-01-22, 12:48 AM
Here is the scale.

10-Flawless. The kind of life half of America believes celebrities have.
9-Quite Amazing- Everything seems to go your way except a few things here and there.
7-8-Great but it could be a little better.
4-6- Meh. Could be worse.
2-3- Sucks. Depression, anxiety and addiction are common here.
1-Suicidal.
0-Bit the bullet, so to speak. Suicide was committed.

Obviously no one should be posting a 0 or 10. So just how good is your life?

Myself, I'm at a 7. I have great friends and everything is going good.

9, just worried about finals.

Pyrian
2010-01-22, 12:48 AM
Heh. I have to say 6.5, because it's definitely better than "meh" and yet it doesn't really ring in at "great"; the things I'm missing are too big to ignore. :smallannoyed:

TFT
2010-01-22, 12:51 AM
5, because I have stuff I would rather not deal with, but it isn't like those things are going to make my life complete crap. Also, I just got through with finals, which helps immensely with my happiness. Just very meh right now, though.

Kallisti
2010-01-22, 12:52 AM
I see more sad/low self-esteem people than happy people on here. Maybe it's just me and my subconscious going "AHHHHHH!!! Less-than-satisfied people!"

Yeah. Maybe. :smallsigh:

Your subconscious, and all of our consciousnesses.

Still, we less-than-satisfied people aren't that scary. It's not like we're not so insecure you can't scare us away.

Alarra
2010-01-22, 12:54 AM
I could use a bigger house and more money, but all in all, things are pretty much great.

Ichneumon
2010-01-22, 01:10 AM
9, I think.

KuReshtin
2010-01-22, 03:00 AM
It depends a lot on the day I'm having. Usually, I'm at about 5-6.
Days like yesterday, though, I'm at about a 3, because when people at work seem to go out of their way to nitpick and find stuff that they can start complaining about, warranted or not, that usually gets me down.
Then we have days like this past Saturday, when I get to hang out with my friends and play some DnD. Those days are usually a solid 9.

Totally Guy
2010-01-22, 03:28 AM
When things are good they're very very good, when things are bad they're horrible.

I walk about that an 8 shield.

But if that shield get breached by some kind of attack my happiness leaks out rapidly.

I think about suicide sometimes but only for about 5 minutes at a time. And it's not as if I can kill myself in 5 minutes. It takes me longer than that to get dressed in the morning.

But when things are good, like now, I can't fault them.

I've not been in love yet.

I never knew I'd have money. I thought I'd always struggle, like that was the natural order of the world. But I don't really know what to do with my hoard so keep it for some uncertain future.

To improve my life I need to find a way to firm up my 8 shield. This is an internal action rather than an external one. That's probably why I don't clean my room so often as that's an external action.:smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2010-01-22, 03:33 AM
Ask me again in like 10 hours. It'll either be a seven or a four.

Weimann
2010-01-22, 03:52 AM
Obviously... it'll depend largely on what kind of day I'm having. I can vary between 3 and 7. Average, though...

Yeah, I think I'm a 6. There's definately better things coming, and I look forward to them. A still more glorious dawn awaits.

Eldan
2010-01-22, 03:54 AM
Probably about a 5 or 6. I mean, nothing is bad about my life. I just get the feeling I'm also never doing anything really good.

Shikton
2010-01-22, 05:14 AM
Difficult question indeed! I'd say about a 6. Too many things missing from my life to even be near a 7. List of iWants? Here it is:

A job that I love with a good income
A girlfriend who I envision spending the rest of my life with
Making that girl my wife
Kids following marriage
Loads of material yummyness and monies, giving me the freedom to live my life like I want to*

Those things would probably crank me up a few notches.

*This point could replace work, but work is a good place to meet "the one".

rakkoon
2010-01-22, 06:02 AM
Varies across the day but objectively a 8.5 is in order.
I get a bit depressed sometimes about certain issues but they are minor and deep down I know that. Also depends heavily on the weather :smallsmile:

Lioness
2010-01-22, 06:06 AM

I have a mostly good family, a wonderful boyfriend, a room of my own, awesome friends, and a happy RP life.

However, I also have not much money (that's including the whole family), and I have to put up with my father every second weekend. He is a complete d*ck, frankly. I don't like to use strong language, but he deserves it. He's egotistical, and when I try to withdraw to get away from him, he criticises me loudly for not being social.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-22, 06:11 AM
Probably a 6.

+ I'm employed (getting a job during whatever this recession is put a very big smile on my face). I don't love the job, but it pays my rent/bills so it's good enough.
+ I have a wonderful girlfriend. I can genuinely see marriage and kids with her one day.
+ I have an actual flat rather than a room in a student house. It's very nice being able to leave my stuff around without worrying about it getting thieved.
+ I'm beginning to redevelop religious faith, this time by choice than it being forced on me as a kid.
+ I live a comfortable life, eg. my biggest problem is a load of snow and not colossal earthquakes.

- I'm failing uni because I'm such a lazy ****wit. I know what work I have to do then procrastinate until its too late to do anything about it, and I really don't know why.
- I have no friends to speak of. I have lost contact with everyone from home, and any I make at uni keep moving away (which gets old really quickly :smallannoyed:)
- I get depressed very easily, then get annoyed at myself for getting depressed about (relatively) nothing. The Vicious Circle of Self-Loathing sucks.

So yeah, better than some, worse than some. Though having the luxury of eating museli with beer instead of milk for breakfast this morning cheered me up a stupid amount :smallcool:

Dispozition
2010-01-22, 06:15 AM
Probably a 9. All the complaints I have aren't really complaints so much as me just wanting better things of what I have now, or things I can fix if I put my mind to it. I honestly haven't had a moment in the last year or so that's been below a 7...A few years back...Maybe a 5 was the worst? All things considered, I'm pretty fracking lucky really.

Phaedra
2010-01-22, 06:16 AM
Varies from a 7-8 to about a 3 depending on various things including my workload and the time of the month. I mean, I have my own flat, a loving boyfriend and I'm doing what I wanted to do, it's just that sometimes it hits me that my flat is falling down around me, I never see my boyfriend for his work and I'm sick of my tedious, stressful research no one but me will ever see.

So 3, variable, rising to 7 later.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-22, 06:17 AM
Around 3-4, sometimes 6(taking it as ''good'')
Sometimes 1 and when the occasional good festival strikes, 8.

Jack Squat
2010-01-22, 06:43 AM
4 right now, though I just got up and am not what you'd call a morning person. As the day continues and I run into friends (and get my English class out of the way :smallyuk:) it'll be in the 6-7 range.

Grey Paladin
2010-01-22, 06:53 AM
1d8, depending on the day.

Hailphage
2010-01-22, 07:00 AM
I'd give my life a ranking of 7 right now:

+ after 8 months in my current job I have fully settled in and comfortable and earning reasonable money.
+ have completely recovered from my shoulder operation last year so I can get back involved with sports and such again.
+ planning to get away away for some holidays this year (for once) - already planning a fishing/beach holiday trip for Feb with friends.
+ enjoying my time with friends and family at the moment - in fact i'd say the family situation (parents, siblings) is probably the best it's ever been in our lives.

- job can be stressful; fair amount of backbiting and bitching amongst staff which I try to avoid but it's difficult.
- a large number of friends have moved away in the last 12-18 months, to the point I'm really starting to notice it impacting on my social life.
- still single, which I usually don't let worry me however due to aforementioned declining social life and the fact that 2009 was the first year in ages where I didn't date a single person I can't help but feel a tad uncomfortable about it (not helped by the fact that my best friend (and former 'fellow single' buddy) has gotten engaged in the last year so I'm starting to feel like I'm getting left behind somewhere).

Overall I'm reasonably happy and confident in the direction I'm going but feel I'll need to make a few adjustments and changes, notably in terms of my social activity.

Player_Zero
2010-01-22, 10:08 AM
Let V be the finite dimensional vectorspace of independant variables on which mood can change. Let fn:V -> {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10} by a sequence of functions to represent the mood of the individual at time n, where time is divided into an arbitrarily small interval. Then exists no function f such that for all ε > 0 there exists natural number N such that for all x in V and all n ≥ N, |fn(x) − f(x)| < ε.

The sequence is bounded but not convergent.

It may be periodic or chaotic.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-22, 10:26 AM
Let V be the finite dimensional vectorspace of independant variables on which mood can change. Let fn:V -> {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10} by a sequence of functions to represent the mood of the individual at time n, where time is divided into an arbitrarily small interval. Then exists no function f such that for all ε > 0 there exists natural number N such that for all x in V and all n ≥ N, |fn(x) − f(x)| < ε.

ε > 0 = ε> 0 = Love Zero.

And your name is Player_Zero.

Your subliminal messages are impressive.
(As you can tell I have absolutely no idea what your post said, so forgive me for this innane post to make myself feel better, if not less stupid).

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-22, 10:27 AM
Don't worry Kobold, Zero is just a mathaholic.

Castaras
2010-01-22, 10:38 AM
3-5 I'd say, depending on my mood.

mikej
2010-01-22, 11:19 AM
2-3 :smalleek:

I'am 24, haven't accomplish anything, feel old now, and still haven't found what my purpose in life is.

edit: yeah, I'm bad

Aedilred
2010-01-22, 11:30 AM
I'd probably give myself a 6. I have a lot of good friends; I'm living in the city that I've wanted to live in for as long as I was old enough to think about such things; I'm no longer living with my parents, but still have a good relationship with them; I'm in employment, and I have a wonderful girlfriend.

On the other hand, my job sucks, my house is a hovel, I'm constantly short of cash, I've squandered most of the opportunities that I gained with my degree, and the majority of my friends live too far away for me to see them more than a couple of times a year.

If you'd asked me this question four years ago I'd have given myself a 9. I think it's largely because I'd got it right at that time that I've ended up in the position I'm in now.

Closak
2010-01-22, 11:34 AM
A 3 i think.

Used to be a 2 about a year ago though so it's improved a little.

Player_Zero
2010-01-22, 12:00 PM
As you can tell I have absolutely no idea what your post said, so forgive me for this innane post to make myself feel better, if not less stupid[/COLOR]

What I said was that mood is time dependant and never levels out. That is, life is full of ups and downs.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-22, 12:00 PM
A 3 i think.

Used to be a 2 about a year ago though so it's improved a little.

Hey that's good. By the end of the decade you'll be a 12 and it'll be like you're Superman having sex with a Natural 20.

What I said was that mood is time dependant and never levels out. That is, life is full of ups and downs.

Ooooooooh :smallredface:

Very true though.

Kjata
2010-01-22, 04:03 PM
Okay, a few people have complained about the scale. So if 7 is better than good (not "great" that was bad word choice), 6 is a "meh" but on the good side. You're content but its not awesome. 5 is an out right average, for every high there is an equal and opposite low (Damn you Isaac!).

Wow Player_Zero, you just made life emotions into a mathematic formula. Impressive.

Vagnarok
2010-01-22, 04:12 PM
I'd rate myself around an 8.8 or a 9! My life effin rules. I could bore you all with everything that I love about myself and my world around me, but I'll spare you all the details and just say that I love my wife, I love going to school, I love my hobbies and I love my friends.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-22, 04:15 PM
I'd rate myself around an 8.8 or a 9! My life effin rules. I could bore you all with everything that I love about myself and my world around me, but I'll spare you all the details and just say that I love my wife, I love going to school, I love my hobbies and I love my friends.

Is this adult learning or a very young marriage. Obviously you don't have to say.

Tengu_temp
2010-01-22, 04:19 PM
I'd say 8, 9 on good days. Apart from exams I have little worries in my life, and while it has some everyday stress when the net connection refuses to work or the roommate snores loudly, overall I'm a content individual.

Closet_Skeleton
2010-01-22, 05:40 PM
3-4 most of the time. 1 when I'm trying to sleep.

golentan
2010-01-22, 05:47 PM
Honestly, overall a 0. I technically died twice on the ambulance ride, and they had me locked away from anything sharp for a long time.

Right now, between a 2 and a 4.

Kurien
2010-01-22, 05:52 PM
Around a 4. I wouldn't say my life sucks, but my outlook on life is quite dismal.
In the past it has been as low as 1.

Mordokai
2010-01-22, 06:01 PM
Overall, 4. 5 on the days when we're having DnD sessions, which is about once in about two weeks. 7 or 8 while sleeping.

Life... just ain't all that great as of late.

Syka
2010-01-22, 06:09 PM
I vacillate between 9 and 9.5. I'd go with 9 today.

Pretty much the only things I would change are: my job (but hey, I have a job I don't hate at least that pays decent and works around my school schedule), know what I'm doing with my life, where I live (I would like to be in a large metro area by Spring 2012, preferably: DC, NYC, or LA...Vancouver and/or Rome are on my "Wish I could but can't" list), and how much schoolwork I have right now.

I'm pretty much doing awesome though. I have a house over my head, I'm getting my Masters and still have no debt (none, nada, zip), my family is supportive of my craziness, and I have a wonderful relationship. I live in a place I love (I only want a city for more opportunities), my friends understand my crazy schedule, I'm employed, and I'm fairy healthy (physically, mentally, emotionally).

Give me a couple more years and I should, if all goes as it has been the last few years, be sitting at a solid 10.

AmberVael
2010-01-22, 06:29 PM
Normally I'd put myself much higher, but 3 right now. My grandmother is dying, I'm under a ton of financial stress, I've got two jobs, working 50 hours a week, and dealing with lots of personal identity stuff. Very stressful, only positive in the fact that nothing has gone terribly wrong yet.

Hopefully things will work out and I'll get back to decent soon. >.<

Reinholdt
2010-01-22, 07:56 PM

You sure you wanna include 0 there though? Once you hit 0, you're sorta there for the rest of your life, thus converging the sequence. :smalltongue:

Though golentan seems to be proving me wrong before I even made my point. :smallconfused:

Hoorays for the happy people and hugs for the sad people.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-22, 10:26 PM
:smallmad:

Stop being happy. It's making the rest of us look bad. Sigh... (local public schools are worse than private, which I can't afford, every girl I ever liked turned out to be a drunk, lesbian, or asexual, my good band is dead and my bad band is bad, no hobbies aside from looking at music gear on the internet, **** computer, no new music, family is driving me insane, and three more years of this mess...)

Well, all of those are just recent developments >.>

Maybe, a year ago I would have been sitting on the final stages of six years that never went above four and ranged down to 1.5

Quorothorn
2010-01-31, 10:47 PM
At a 10 right now, due to euphoria over Roger's victory at the Australian Open. It'll drop to 9 once I remember the quiz tomorrow I haven't studied for. I've spent most of my life that I can properly remember hovering around an 8+: any bad things were generally my fault and not horribly bad anyway. Won't complain about my life--that is, just my own experiences, not the world and my place in it as a whole--one bit (I complain about other things).

Zombieninja
2010-01-31, 11:12 PM
9.5... I have no explanation.

The Duke
2010-01-31, 11:49 PM
Day to day out look on life varies oh so much . From around a 1 dropped there on one of the worst days I've every had to a 9.

Though my satisfaction with life on a whole and what I've done is around a 3.

arguskos
2010-01-31, 11:52 PM
Today is definitely a 2. Wednesday will be a 3 though, assuming nothing else goes wrong until then.

doliest
2010-01-31, 11:59 PM
5.Constantly; I drift through life and only get to sleep before 2 with the aid of sickness or some type of medicine. I go over conversations in my head so often talking to my friends in an exercise in testing how often things deviate from what I predict, school is only interesting when it's difficult, which is an interesting mess, and despite living with family I talk to them less than a cumulative hour each day, because I know how that's going to end. On the other hand, at least the Ice Cream is good. :smallbiggrin:

Shadowbane
2010-02-01, 12:29 AM
8. Generally, I'm pretty happy.

Felixaar
2010-02-01, 02:42 AM
I'm about a seven now, because I'm working and still in a little debt. When I change from debt to saving I'll be an eight, and when I stop working and go travelling I'll be at nine/ten.

Edit: Okay, I just went +1 because I'm at the top of the page :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2010-02-01, 02:51 AM
About a 6 I think. I can think of things which could cause it to go down, but then I think again, and realise they're not particularly important things.

Elm11
2010-02-01, 05:42 AM
normally i'm ranging from about a 2 (when i'm wallowing in my own self pity) and 8 (when god knows) but right now i'm around -12.

Because my holidays finish tonight :smalltongue:.

Realistically, jumping between 3 and 7 depending on whether i'm thinking about my abundant amounts of extra-curricular, lack of free time (to come), poor (see: non existant) fitness and my the bullying that may or may not await me at school once more (it will, going on past experience) or whether i'm thinking about the new classes (WW2 History in school, because i always have to pursue it in my own free time! Squee!) opportunity in an upcoming play, increased time with my girlfriend (she's also in it, it's les miserables by the way) and all that other jazz.

wow, that was a mouthful.

Faulty
2010-02-01, 02:43 PM
8! I've come to grips with my transgender identity, spent time with friends who are supportive of me as I navigate through the whole thing, made new friends who are as well, found a room mate from among them, gotten out much more, am taking dance lessons, have been working out, and I sweeped the floor. Yay~

thubby
2010-02-01, 02:57 PM
6 and getting better.

Exeson
2010-02-01, 03:02 PM
8, perhaps 9 recently. I have been ill, injured, upset, depressed but I'm happy. I'm chilled and feelign good with myself and my life. :smallsmile: And the bits I don't like I find easy to ignore.

Dirk Kris
2010-02-01, 11:54 PM
I'm not living where I want to at the moment and just lost my job, so you could say that things aren't exactly going my way, but that's alright. I have awesome friends, someone who loves me and I love back, and I know that the karma lotto owes me a payout so...6. When the job gets worked out, that will be +1, when I get into a new place, that will be +1, and when drama settles, that'll easily be +1, at least.

Gryf, without you, it'd likely be a much lower number. I'm lucky to have you in my life. <3

Krade
2010-02-02, 01:07 AM
Well... let's see...

I have a brother in prison, a brother in the Marines, a brother that's probably (see also: undiagnosed) got some manner of autism, and another brother that hates that last one because he can't get over it and be normal. I'm in the middle as the only one of the five of us that has no problem talking or interacting in any way with any of the others. It's kinda crappy being the youngest of five and apparently the only voice of reason. The one that's a Marine is mostly okay, but he's still upset with the one in prison and I don't know if he will ever get over it. I also have essentially zero friends. They are there, but due to annoying distances and literally constant schedule problems I hardly ever see them. It's been over a month since last time and it was four more months before that.

My job is... ok. I've been there full time for just over a year, my raise (if, likely, meager) should be in my next check. I make more money than I need and I have no debts. Recently I started actually saving money, we'll see how that goes.

All that would suggest a (somewhat) low score, say around 3 or 4.

BUT...

...there is always the forum, and the wonderful people here. I don't know what I'd do without it. Everyday I get anxious for the next meet-up.

My generally hopeful outlook I feel keeps me going when I feel like I ought to be depressed. I have no explanation for this. For some reason, no matter what happens in my life, I know that it will be better someday and that it is worth sticking it out for.

With all that, I gotta say I'm between 6 and 7.

Dr.Epic
2010-02-02, 01:09 AM
Right now: a two. I just learned an upcoming film a I've been excited about for awhile has probably my least favorite actress in it as the love interest of the main character.

thorgrim29
2010-02-02, 01:24 AM
About 6.5, 7 ish. I have great friends, I mostly like my family, and I go to a good school. However, I'm sick and tired of being single and procrastination is really putting a dent on what I could accomplish (I'm great at planning and finishing things, it's the part between planning and finishing that's a bit harder). Plus I feel like there's no one I can really confide in, share important things. So yeah, mostly good life so far, but feeling a bit lonely.

Gadora
2010-02-02, 09:40 PM
1.5-3

I don't think I'm likely to go any lower than a 1.5 again. I broke in a different way.

Tequila Sunrise
2010-02-02, 09:51 PM
4-6 after recently getting a job (yay!). I've been 2-3 for the past three years, so I'm doing everything I can to stay up.

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 09:56 PM
7 because allowing myself to be any less is asking to be unhappy

PallElendro
2010-02-02, 10:00 PM
7, only have an iPod Touch, not an iPhone.

d13
2010-02-02, 10:00 PM
I could range my life in a 9.# if I hadn't argued with my girlfriend.
At this time, let's say that it's like... 7 and going down.

Partof1
2010-02-02, 11:39 PM
8. I've got high school. It's pretty awesome. Many friends, enough new friends, and plenty of irreverence. I have some conflicts, to keep the world from stagnancy, and the knowledge and probably the means to solve them.

Trog
2010-02-02, 11:55 PM
*upgrades status to 5-6-ish range.* I predict a solid six in a month or so at the rate things are going. Perhaps a 7 by spring. We'll see.

Temotei
2010-02-03, 04:12 AM
I'm a nine or nine point-five.

This is usual. Right now, I'm at a 6. Maybe 5.

MoelVermillion
2010-02-04, 11:51 AM
Nine out of ten, sure I've got some slight niggling annoyances (my desktop computer is currently dead, don't have a girlfriend etc.) but the truth is that I have a great life, I've got great friends, a loving family, health and safety and just got into the uni course I wanted to be in .Basically when you get down to it, my life is pretty damn good :smallbiggrin:!

Whoracle
2010-02-04, 12:23 PM
Realtionship - 9
Work - 9
Income - 2
Future income prospects - 6
Hobbies - Used to be 10, is now due to location 5
Friends - 7

Peg me at a six then, and at a 8 in one and a half years time.

Tarnag40k
2010-02-04, 08:15 PM
Relationship- i (since I neither have one and really am undecided if I even would like to bother trying dating at all since I am pretty much fed up with the drama BS)

Income- 3 It's never enough. I can afford what I want, but certian projects just seem to take too long

Work- 3/7 I hate sears ATM mainly cause the pay sucks the customers suck but I have very little hours ATM, Fedex on the other hand I'm okay with the hours does suck and right now do to a sprang knee I can't load my trucks so idk)

Friends- 5 Don't ever have time to hang out anymore, not to mention my best friend is outta state till june which sucks.

Hobbies- 1. Lets see it's winter so no cars, all my gaming buddies aren't really around thanks to college, and UPS just destroyed a $650 intercooler of mine which I'm fighting with them to replace. SO pretty much to say, I'm fed up with a lot of ****.

overall a 3.8. I'm really cranky and pissed off.

Emong
2010-02-04, 08:33 PM
Gonna have to say it's somewhere between 1 and 2 right now, with no real chance of anything improving.