PDA

View Full Version : Pending Evil Campaign(3.5): Help with char. request

Protecar
2010-01-21, 10:57 PM
So the title kinda says it. I'm relatively new to D&D and can openly admit I don't feel that I know that much about builds and stuff. So I turn to the friendly neighborhood playground for some advice. :smallbiggrin:

My brother-in-law is going to host an evil campaign that he's already told me that the story will be pretty malleable and probably improv'd on game night.

So without getting (too) long-winded, here's the kind of character I'm looking for:

Anything evil(maybe lawful) that focus a lot on necromancy. I don't want it to be all I do though, anything to make me more combat versatile would be nice. Naturally I would think Dread Necromancer might be a good bet but I really don't know. I have very little knowledge about this stuff.

What I've been told is that we'll start at 4th level, have a little bit of a gp pool we can use to buy certain magical items(likely in our level range) and I think he's going to be pretty open about builds.

What I don't want is anything that's going to really twist rules--nothing that's too cheesy or complicated. Like I said, I'm pretty new and whatever advice you give, I'd ask you reference where you get the information(whatever book) and how it'd work.

Obviously I don't need a whole build played out for me, but if you all could start suggesting classes, feats, spells, class abilities, items, etc. that would help me be evil and a necromancer(and other magical stuff I'd assume--though necromancy is what I care about doing as far as party role, I'll do anything else in addition--from melee to whatev, as long as I get undead buddies! :smallsmile:).

Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer. Umm...any book is fair game. No Dragon magazines or house rule kinda things, unless they seem pretty light and reasonable--I dunno how lenient my DM will be.

Apologies for the length, I tend to ramble when I get caught up. If anything is unclear I'll gladly do what I can to clarify what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!