PDA

View Full Version : DnD 3.5 Save Points... Leadership feat idea

Evard
2010-01-21, 11:02 PM
I was thinking what would be a good way to make a save file type of system without the glowing sphere that you see in games....then leadership came into my head :3

Use the first two columns in the leadership feat to make a save file type of system. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#leadership

Leadership score = level + [Con mod]
*doesn't go over your current level -1 or maybe just your current level.

leadership score = 7
you can save your 5th level character so that when you die you can be resurrected as a 5th level you.

Feat: Improve Leadership gives you a +4 to your leadership score (for those who have a horrible con score :p)

Now change Leadership with Reboot Level or Reboot and there you go :)

What do ya'll think of this? would it work out? the only thing that might get troublesome would be keeping a second character sheet but really with online generators and such would make it a bit easier.

This keeps the fear of death in characters since they will lose a level or two but characters wont have to worry about resurrections in the middle of a dungeon when they have no means to (also more cost efficient :P)

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-21, 11:16 PM
I don't see how this is supposed to accomplish its goal, but I guess leadership is overdue for another exploit.

Mongoose87
2010-01-21, 11:18 PM
This doesn't really match the fluff of leadership at all.

Hunter Noventa
2010-01-22, 02:27 AM
I don't think she's saying that leadershi does this...jsut using the same chart where you can save yourself at the level of cohort you'd have after determining your 'Save' score and putting it ont he chart. Kinda silly, but maybe useful in the right setting.

alchemyprime
2010-01-22, 02:49 AM
Dude... this is the Yetis in Discworld. It creates a small temporary anomally so that if it dies, it can avoid it later.

In a word, AWESOME.