PDA

View Full Version : Multicreature Turning

Signmaker
2010-01-22, 01:21 AM
Other than Turn Undead, Turn Dragons, Turn Spiders,and Turn (Insert Elemental Type here), are there any other Turn X types? Bonus points if someone magically whips out a Turn Humanoid somehow.

Disclaimer: This isn't a DMM thread.

Ranos
2010-01-22, 01:23 AM
Turn snakes/reptiles. (Scalykind domain)
Also, turn lycanthropes (Moon domain)

Signmaker
2010-01-22, 01:24 AM
Turn snakes/reptiles.

Serpent Kingdoms?

FishAreWet
2010-01-22, 01:25 AM
Other than Turn Undead, Turn Dragons, Turn Spiders,and Turn (Insert Elemental Type here), are there any other Turn X types? Bonus points if someone magically whips out a Turn Humanoid somehow.

Disclaimer: This isn't a DMM thread.

Does Rebuke count? If so;
-Initiate of Nature (animals and plants)
-Blessed By Tem-Et-Nu (HIPPOPOTAMI) [Want a good laugh? Look up this feat. Page 49 of Sandstorm)

Signmaker
2010-01-22, 01:27 AM
Does Rebuke count? If so;
-Initiate of Nature (animals and plants)
-Blessed By Tem-Et-Nu (HIPPOPOTAMI) [Want a good laugh? Look up this feat. Page 49 of Sandstorm)

Hmmm...sure, why not. I'm more or less looking for things using the Turning Mechanic that aren't Undead. Variety is the spice of life, you know.

Ranos
2010-01-22, 01:29 AM
Serpent Kingdoms?
Nah, spell compendium. Not sure what the original source is, but it's not serpent kingdoms.

arguskos
2010-01-22, 01:30 AM
I love that feat. Lolrebuking Hippos.

sofawall
2010-01-22, 01:33 AM
I love that feat. Lolrebuking Hippos.

There was a bit of a ToS-chat side-project to make a Hippo-druid. It was filled with lulz.

arguskos
2010-01-22, 01:34 AM
There was a bit of a ToS-chat side-project to make a Hippo-druid. It was filled with lulz.
How'd that one work out? Probably decently well I'd imagine (being a druid and whatnot). Did you use the Giff stats from Spelljammer.net, since that'd just be ideal for the race.

SurlySeraph
2010-01-22, 01:38 AM
The spell Turn Anathema lets you turn and rebuke things that have an alignment subtype opposed to yours. Which will generally be outsiders, but could be humanoids.

sofawall
2010-01-22, 01:38 AM
How'd that one work out? Probably decently well I'd imagine (being a druid and whatnot). Did you use the Giff stats from Spelljammer.net, since that'd just be ideal for the race.

Haven't a clue. Cieyrin was the one doing most of the work on it.

EDIT: I missed the word 'subtype' the first time I read that spell, and immediately thought "Wait, anything not TN can be turned, and all by the same guy? That can't be right..."

It wasn't... :(

absolmorph
2010-01-22, 01:49 AM
Haven't a clue. Cieyrin was the one doing most of the work on it.

EDIT: I missed the word 'subtype' the first time I read that spell, and immediately thought "Wait, anything not TN can be turned, and all by the same guy? That can't be right..."

It wasn't... :(
Actually, if it's just "anything with an alignment", then even TN can be turned.
TN is an alignment, too.

Signmaker
2010-01-22, 01:51 AM
Actually, if it's just "anything with an alignment", then even TN can be turned.
TN is an alignment, too.

Turn Anathema specifies polar opposites. Good turning Evil, Chaotic to Lawful, etc.