PDA

View Full Version : Survivability Spells? [3.5]

AngelisBlack
2010-01-22, 03:34 AM
I've been flipping through the books trying to find a spell or spells that would help me survive the following situations: [done in as few spells as possible] Being suddenly in water/at risk of drowning with no way to fly or swim out, or being suddenly buried alive, or thrust into the positive or negative planes.
I would like spells or items, as few as possible, to cover all of these situations. Also, no spell that cuts out my spellcasting please. I'd at least like to survive 2 minutes before being forced to gate or teleport out.
I thought I could use the Elemental Body spell, but apparantly those only grant me protection from suffocation/drowning if I'm on the earth or water planes.

Rainbownaga
2010-01-22, 03:48 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#necklaceofAdaptation

Edit: a 9000g item to protect against breathing issues. The positive/negative planes require a source of deathward.

Edit 2: Contingent teleport/planeshift (or craft contingent teleport/planeshift) is also very helpful (depending on how the dm rules it)

Edit 3: Any way to get the undead type will save you in all of those situations (surprisingly including the positive energy plain)

PhoenixRivers
2010-01-22, 03:48 AM
Shapechange. Solves all issues.

Fizban
2010-01-22, 04:19 AM
There's a swift action 1st level spell in Stormwrack that'll do for breathing. It gives air for a while and then you can hold your breath to the max after that, should be more than two minutes easy. Kinda like the featherfall of water campaigns. Or the necklace of adaptation.

Buried alive will require air and a burrow speed of some sort most likely. Standard burrowing spells are pretty hard to get, but you could try Summon Monster III for a celestial dire badger get you out with the tunnel left behind by it's burrow speed. No way to summon it after you're buried though, which kinda defeats the point. Xorn Movement is a hefty lvl5 spell, but it'll beat a cave in easy.

Avoid Planar Effects and Attune Form are the spells you want for the pos/neg planes. Immediate action for 1 min/level on the first and 24 hours on the second.