PDA

View Full Version : How to price these [3.5]

Dyllan
2010-01-22, 10:07 AM
I've developed some unique items for my campaign, but am not sure what to price them at:

Erdrick's Armor
+1 Mithril Breastplate
Resist Force 15
Immunity to Poison
Fast Healing 3

Dragon Scale
(works as a lesser augment crystal)
Increases armor's enhancement bonus to +3 (replaces normal enchantment bonus on armor)

Meteorite Armbands (wrists)
+4 Enhancement bonus to Dexterity, Lightning Reflexes feat, +3 competence bonus on Dexterity checks and Dexterity Based Skills

Gnaritas
2010-01-22, 10:18 AM
I've developed some unique items for my campaign, but am not sure what to price them at:

Erdrick's Armor
+1 Mithril Breastplate
Resist Force 15
Immunity to Poison
Fast Healing 3

Dragon Scale
Increases armor's enhancement bonus to +3 (replaces normal enchantment bonus on armor)

Meteorite Armbands (wrists)
+4 Enhancement bonus to Dexterity, Lightning Reflexes feat, +3 competence bonus on Dexterity checks and Dexterity Based Skills

The Armor is 5.350 gp + 20k for the resist Force (prevents less than energy resist, but is harder to get)+ another 20k or so for the Fast Healing and the poison you get for free.
So i would say around 45k

Dragon Scale
+3 enhancement - +1 enhancement = 8000 gp

Armbands

Dyllan
2010-01-22, 10:37 AM
The Armor is 5.350 gp + 20k for the resist Force (prevents less than energy resist, but is harder to get)+ another 20k or so for the Fast Healing and the poison you get for free.
So i would say around 45k

Makes perfect sense to me. I'll go with that pricing.

Dragon Scale
+3 enhancement - +1 enhancement = 8000 gp

Does the fact that it can be moved from one set of armor to another make any difference? Or the fact that it makes your +1 equivalent enchantments much cheaper than if you had +3 armor naturally?

Armbands
Any clues to how you priced that one? It feels about right though...

Oh, and thanks for the help.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-22, 10:39 AM
Well, you can get the +enhance to dex via MiC. I believe it's 4k for +2, and another 12k to upgrade to +4, so 16k in total for the dex.

Not sure where he got the other prices from, but I wouldn't price lightening reflexes terribly high.

Dyllan
2010-01-22, 10:45 AM
And please tell me someone recognizes these items...

MichielHagen
2010-01-22, 11:08 AM
Does the fact that it can be moved from one set of armor to another make any difference? Or the fact that it makes your +1 equivalent enchantments much cheaper than if you had +3 armor naturally?

Any clues to how you priced that one? It feels about right though...

Oh, and thanks for the help.

Oops ya, i was wrong on the 8k one. It should be higher, it will be insanely good for higher levels.

The armbands i got like this:

16k for the +4 dex, i gave the feat 2k, and i believe the added Dex checks and skills are worth over 20k.

<edit> and no, i do not recognize the Items or the name you mentioned on the armor.

SpikeFightwicky
2010-01-22, 11:17 AM
And please tell me someone recognizes these items...

Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest :smallbiggrin:

You could change the fast healing on the armor to: the PC heals 1 HP every 5 ft. he moves :smallamused:

Dyllan
2010-01-22, 11:26 AM
Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest :smallbiggrin:

You could change the fast healing on the armor to: the PC heals 1 HP every 5 ft. he moves :smallamused:

I could, but I don't really want something like that in the game... and pricing it would be crazy. Anyway, time only passed when you moved in Dragon Warrior, so this still fits the purpose of the mechanic.

tyckspoon
2010-01-22, 12:27 PM
The armor depends mostly on how cheap and easy healing already is/isn't in your games. If you want it to take meaningful resources to heal, than the armor should be expensive- Fast Healing is one of the most efficient ways to do post-battle recovery. If your groups regularly work with Wands of Cure Light/Lesser Vigor/have Dread Necros touch Tomb-Tainted Souls/any of the other cheap healing methods the game has, than 40-50k sounds alright to me.

Grumman
2010-01-22, 12:41 PM
Dragon Scale
I'd make it 16,000: Glassteel heavy armour (+25,000) - mithral heavy armour (+9,000) = +3 Enhancement bonus (16,000)

Tao the Ninja
2010-01-28, 05:59 PM
I also have an item I want priced:

ring of the tannar'i temptress
you are immune to the succubi energy drain ability (but just for succubi), including the suggestion effect created by the kiss