PDA

View Full Version : Story Question (My Players Please Keep Out)

Koury
2010-01-22, 04:00 PM
Seriously, if you are one of my players, this will ruin large amounts of the campaign for you. Please get out. Or else!

So, I've began running Expedition to Undermountain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7744781#post7744781). Its a premade adventure spanning levels 1-10 ish.

I plan on taking the campaign beyond this point, however, and incorporating one of the Elder Evils. This should push the campaign to 19-22 range.

So my question to you guys is, which if the EEs seems to be the best fit to reside in or near Undermountian?

Koury
2010-01-22, 06:47 PM
Bump for great justice?

I'd truly appreciate help with this. If no one has an opinion or idea, I'll let it slip down the list, I just wanted to try one more time.

Harperfan7
2010-01-22, 06:53 PM
If I knew anything about the elder evils, I'd suggest something.

reefwood
2010-01-22, 07:04 PM
I don't know anything about the Elder Evils off the top of my head. Have seen in it a monster manual or something but can't recall a thing about it/them right now.

I guess my questions that might help answer yours are:

1) Are any of the EE underground types? Would any in particular make sense to reside under a mountain?

2a) Do any of the EE favor the enemies of the PCs in this campaign? If the PCs are fighting Drow, maybe there's an appropriate EE who loves Drow?

2b) You could go with the opposite angle and have there be an EE that hates whatever creatures/people that the PCs are fighting. Once the PCs have this enemy on the ropes (or defeated), the EE could sweep in to finish the job of completely eradicating this enemy. If the enemy are Drow, maybe there is an EE that hates Elves?

2c) Another twist on this that is close to 2b is that whoever the PCs are fighting is also keeping the EE in check. Something the PCs do to hurt the enemy also unleashes the EE. Oops!

Koury
2010-01-22, 07:08 PM
I like 2c)...

I'll need to pour over all the EEs even more to make that work though.

In the Exped. to Und. module, it suggests that a cabal of mindflayers is the real behind-the-scenes bad guy.

I'm planning on replacing that with an EE.

Demons_eye
2010-01-22, 07:37 PM
If I am not mistaken the Hulks are underground based, also the worm that walks can work.

If some one drops send me a PM as I have always wanted to play Expedition to Undermountain :smalltongue:

Koury
2010-01-22, 07:46 PM
I'm running two group through. group one is full, but group two still has 3 slots open. I'm accepting in order of sheets turned in.

You'd know all my secrets though :smallfrown:

Demons_eye
2010-01-22, 08:51 PM
I do have both books but have only skimmed them, All that I can remember is maybe the first encounter or two.

Perrty please? :smallbiggrin:

Edit:

The one in the ice. Because mountains are icy.

Father is very scary from what I remember

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-22, 08:52 PM
The one in the ice. Because mountains are icy.

Koury
2010-01-23, 01:02 AM
I do have both books but have only skimmed them, All that I can remember is maybe the first encounter or two.

Perrty please? :smallbiggrin:

Feel free to go put in a character. If I can't trust my player to not cheat then there is no point DMing. :smallbiggrin: