PDA

View Full Version : Battle Blessing and clerics

faceroll
2010-01-22, 04:31 PM
Can a cleric with battle blessing (complete champion) cast bless as a swift action?

tyckspoon
2010-01-22, 04:34 PM
No. Just because something is on the Paladin spell list does not make it a Paladin spell for everybody else- only those spells you gain from actually being a Paladin qualify you for and benefit from the feat. As a Cleric, you cast Cleric spells and cannot make use of Battle Blessing.

faceroll
2010-01-22, 04:36 PM
What if you take a level of prestige paladin?

What if you take that feat from Champions of Valor that puts wizard spells on your paladin list, then start taking levels in wizard?

JaronK
2010-01-22, 04:40 PM
What if you take a level of prestige paladin?

By RAW? Probably. By RAI? Probably not. By your DM? Not a chance!

JaronK

tyckspoon
2010-01-22, 04:40 PM
Still no on both, I'm afraid. Prestige Paladin doesn't give you paladin spells; it just advances whatever class you entered from. You'd still be casting Cleric spells in most cases. And for the other one, you could use Battle Blessing on the arcane spells you put in your Paladin slots (it makes a really nice combo if you take Paladin high enough for significant spellcasting), but the Wizard levels would give you an entirely separate spell progression and separate spell list.

faceroll
2010-01-22, 04:42 PM
Still no on both, I'm afraid. Prestige Paladin doesn't give you paladin spells; it just advances whatever class you entered from. You'd still be casting Cleric spells in most cases. And for the other one, you could use Battle Blessing on the arcane spells you put in your Paladin slots (it makes a really nice combo if you take Paladin high enough for significant spellcasting), but the Wizard levels would give you an entirely separate spell progression and separate spell list.

Oh yeah, it has wizard & paladin CL stack. For some reason I thought wizard spells got progressed.