PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Storylines You'd Love To See

Soterion
2010-01-22, 11:16 PM
Exactly what it says on the package. What comic book storylines (any company) would you love to see? What are your dream storylines, the ones that you know Marvel or DC or whoever would never do in a million years, but you know would be so awesome that every comic fan would buy them?

Myself, I'd like to see a good Marvel vs. DC miniseries. (Although the Amalgam stuff was sweet.)

kpenguin
2010-01-22, 11:22 PM
A comic book adaption of the Randomverse.

chiasaur11
2010-01-22, 11:23 PM
Well, JLA versus Avengers was pretty boss.

I'll ponder the issue. Sure I can think of something beyond "More issues of Nextwave or S.W.O.R.D."

Dr.Epic
2010-01-22, 11:43 PM
I'd like to see Dr. Manhattan fight Superman and I'd like the fight to progress thusly: Dr. Manhattan just turns isolated parts of Superman's body into kryptonite and Superman violently rips them off until he's left just a stump in which case Dr. Manhattan just turn Superman's brain into kryptonite and his skull explodes.

Hadessniper
2010-01-23, 12:08 AM
A Spidey Bats team up. Not some gimmick but a honest to god story playing with the parallels in their stories and their opposing world views. Their characters are twined so well that a story with the both of them would be amazing.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-23, 12:35 AM
A Spidey Bats team up. Not some gimmick but a honest to god story playing with the parallels in their stories and their opposing world views. Their characters are twined so well that a story with the both of them would be amazing.

I think it'd go something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGhHh9mV_Q).

Also I'd love to see Joker and Green Goblin pair up. Oh the insanity!

Pezmerga
2010-01-23, 02:44 AM
A Deadpool and Syren and Deadpool hookup...finally :)

darkblade
2010-01-23, 03:57 AM
A Deadpool and Syren and Deadpool hookup...finally :)

Were the two Deadpools intentional? Cause that just makes this idea a million times more awesome (unless you meant the zombie head in which case ew).

I have my big plan for DC as always. In which they co-produce a Watchmen sequel with Gainax.

Spoilers for Watchmen and Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ozymandias's plans for peace fail and WWIII breaks out. Nuclear weapons are not used on the scale originally thought since the USA didn't build as many due to Dr. Manhattan's existance. So Ozymandias comes to the conclusion that the only way for peace between all humans is for them all to be one. So he creates some counterfit dead sea scrolls which he forms a cult called SEELE around, creates a series of monsters similar to the Squid dubbed "Angels" and sets about a chain of events that should lead to human instruamentality by 2015.

raitalin
2010-01-23, 04:20 AM
I was just thinking of a storyline where Dr. Strange discovers what Mephisto did to Spidey and forces him to reverse the events of One More Day. Like to see that, not only because the retcon sucked, but because I've always enjoyed the interaction between the two and the very different places they come from.

pita
2010-01-23, 10:25 AM
I am not reading Superman until this happens. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov7vSkmU)

darkblade
2010-01-23, 11:59 AM
I am not reading Superman until this happens. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov7vSkmU)

It has happened. Not quite in those words but yeah that has happened. Multiple times.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-23, 12:35 PM
Only got one word:

http://jarnav.net/rowsdower.jpg

Pezmerga
2010-01-23, 01:49 PM
Were the two Deadpools intentional? Cause that just makes this idea a million times more awesome (unless you meant the zombie head in which case ew).
.[/spoiler]

Aye Deadpool has been talking to himself.... a lot lol :)

Shatteredtower
2010-01-24, 02:25 PM
Ne'er mind. Totally misread premise.

The_Weredragon
2010-01-24, 02:35 PM
I would love to see Thanos triumphal return in the marvel universe... And all the characters fighting him once again... I have always liked the Thanos vs the universe thing, and i thing that the mentality he had before he died would make him even a greater villain...

doliest
2010-01-24, 02:39 PM
I want to see Rorasach,Batman,Question, and Blue Beetle somehow end up in a team up to fight Deadpool,Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, and Spiderman. Why? Because the universe would end....AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME! :smallamused:

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-24, 03:24 PM
I find myself enjoying series like Old Man Logan (Wolverine in a dystopian future where villains rule) and the Marvel Noir label. Ideas:

1.Put Sentry in the Old Man Logan universe. He is one of the heroes who is not expressly talked about in the series (probably dead by then.) But what if Robert Reynolds survived the takeover of America by Red Skull, Abomination, Magneto and Doom, and simply survived, with his Sentry personality locked away again? In his life as Bob the writer, he adored superheroes and would easily blend in with the crowd of Hammer Falls, Nevada, where they pray for the heroes to reappear. Now for the basic idea. Sentry is boring. Plain and simple, he makes a better plot device or villain as the Void than his part as a hero. Make it a story about his return as Sentry, only for his mind to have completely cracked, allowing complete fusion of his Sentry and Void personas.

2. More Marvel Noir for characters who haven't been used so far. Short list of characters who might be interesting:
-Cap (they shifted Punisher back to WWI, why not Cap?),
-Iron Man (not a powered suit, but take the spirit of Tony Stark, i.e. hard-drinking womanizer),
-Sentry (just delusional writer who reads pulp noir and crime stories, and thinks he's a serial hero),
-the FF (that one's hard, because of their being based on actual people, but the family of scientist/adventurers could be done.),
-Doc Strange (this is basically Green Llama from the Golden Age, but noir it up more, maybe even don't have the magic in)

I know that's all Marvel, but those are my ideas so far.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 03:52 PM
I want to see Rorasach,Batman,Question, and Blue Beetle somehow end up in a team up to fight Deadpool,Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, and Spiderman. Why? Because the universe would end....AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME! :smallamused:

Or the later would slaughter the former because they're incredibly powerful superhumans and the former have no actual powers.

doliest
2010-01-24, 03:57 PM
...Batman is so good at overcoming ANYTHING that his ability is an internet meme; Rorasach is an unbreakable wall of stubbornness and improv, The Question is potentially a better detective than Batman, and Blue Beetle is either the A.Ted Kord version who has gadgets on par with Batman, or B. Reyes, who has a suit of power-armor. I'd say they've got a good chance.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 04:00 PM
...Batman is so good at overcoming ANYTHING that his ability is an internet meme; Rorasach is an unbreakable wall of stubbornness and improv, The Question is potentially a better detective than Batman, and Blue Beetle is either the A.Ted Kord version who has gadgets on par with Batman, or B. Reyes, who has a suit of power-armor. I'd say they've got a good chance.

Let's look at the other four:

Deadpool: insane regeneration and I'm fairly certain his method of fighting is *bang*
Wolverine: also insane regeneration, indestructible skeleton, and crazy sharp machetes coming out of his fists
Spiderman: superhuman strength, superhuman reaction speed, ability to spin webs
Squirrelgirl:? no familiar with her but the other three alone could take them on

chiasaur11
2010-01-24, 04:01 PM

The other side has Squirrel Girl.

Admittedly, Batman has a plan for that.

The plan is to curl into a ball and whimper.

doliest
2010-01-24, 04:05 PM
Squirrel girl has the agility of a squirrel, a tail, and can talk to squirrels. She's beaten up Deadpool, Thanos, Dr.Doom(who is terrified of her, as is Deadpool), and a host of others. Nick offered her the chance to join SHIELD, but she declined. She's listed as the most powerful thing in Marvel and can beat Galactus.

Edit:As for how they could beat her? Probably convince her their good guys; or have someone play cards with her. That leaves 1 person out from both teams.

nyarlathotep
2010-01-24, 04:05 PM
Or the later would slaughter the former because they're incredibly powerful superhumans and the former have no actual powers.

Are you seriously saying that the Blue Beetle has no powers? Or are you assuming that this is the 2nd Blue Beetle.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 04:09 PM
Are you seriously saying that the Blue Beetle has no powers? Or are you assuming that this is the 2nd Blue Beetle.

Honestly the only thing I know about Blue Beetle is that Nite Owl's based on him so I guess he's got some sort of tech gear and airship(?) but I stand by my previous statement that the other guys would tear them to shreds (Wolverine literally).

doliest
2010-01-24, 04:15 PM
Once again, I point to the fact that Batman and Question are really good at finding weaknesses in people, Rorasach is impossible to keep down short of actually killing him, and Blue Beetle(assuming Hamie is the version we're using) has his suit, which puts him at the same level as far as powers go.

chiasaur11
2010-01-24, 04:21 PM
Once again, I point to the fact that Batman and Question are really good at finding weaknesses in people, Rorasach is impossible to keep down short of actually killing him, and Blue Beetle(assuming Jaime is the version we're using) has his suit, which puts him at the same level as far as powers go.

The other side has Squirrel Girl.

No fight with Squirrel Girl in it can be called a fight.

doliest
2010-01-24, 04:24 PM
That's why if they're too win, they'll find something better for her too do. Challenge her to a card game, or maybe convince her to make Rorasach into a happy, somewhat well-adjusted man.

Soterion
2010-01-24, 05:44 PM
I want to see Rorasach, Batman, Question, and Blue Beetle somehow end up in a team up to fight Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, and Spiderman. Why? Because the universe would end....AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME! :smallamused:

I got tired of waiting to see a story featuring Batman vs. Iron Man vs. Doctor Doom, so I decided to write it myself. Of course, they're not actually Batman, Iron Man, and Doctor Doom. But still, when you've got Batman and Doctor Doom heading rival megacorporations and vying for total control of the world, and backed up by the JLA and the Secret Society of Supervillains respectively, then you know it's going to be good.

Every faction fighting every other faction, with the fate of humanity on the line, and only "the Avengers" in the middle to try to save the day, and the whole series set in a dystopian cyberpunk police state? What can I say, I write what I like to read.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 07:52 PM
Rorasach is impossible to keep down short of actually killing him

Is that why he was able to escape from the police when they had Moloch's house surrounded and why he was so easily able to defeat Adrian?:smallannoyed:

Drakyn
2010-01-24, 08:02 PM
I want a story where a guy finds out he has fairly low-key superpowers (we're not talking superman here, more like spiderman -1), and never, ever, ever considers wearing any sort of funny leotard, cape, stylized body armour, or anything notably brightly or darkly coloured. Not even accessorized. No designs.
Then I want him to do something besides attempt to beat up other people like him, or fight crime. Just live a fairly normal life while having superpowers, which he does not make a big deal of or attempt to really hide.
It will be deeply boring yet strangely gratifying on some odd level.

Kumo
2010-01-24, 08:04 PM
Future Imperfect.

No, seriously. It'd be awesome. All they'd have to do would be make the guys with ridiculous names that are clearly usernames spelled so that they sound similar.

doliest
2010-01-24, 08:08 PM
Is that why he was able to escape from the police when they had Moloch's house surrounded and why he was so easily able to defeat Adrian?:smallannoyed:

Note he never stopped trying to attack Adrian until Manhattan showed up, and he kept struggling against the police; unless they recently gave someone (other than squirrel girl) the power to get a massive swarm to attack him...

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 08:15 PM
Note he never stopped trying to attack Adrian until Manhattan showed up, and he kept struggling against the police; unless they recently gave someone (other than squirrel girl) the power to get a massive swarm to attack him...

True but it does show his limitations and stubbornness means nothing unless you're able to overcome a foe. In Rorschach's case, he can be as stubborn as he likes but adamantium claws sticking though his lungs will definitely be a kind of huge problem (unless of course you go by Rorschach's comment to Wolverine here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n3VSw1XBOo)).

darkblade
2010-01-24, 08:31 PM
That's why if they're too win, they'll find something better for her too do. Challenge her to a card game.

No no no no, you have to challenge her to a Children's Card Game.

Nerocite
2010-01-24, 08:44 PM
The Tick vs. Freakazoid.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 08:45 PM
The Tick vs. Freakazoid.

plus Deadpool

WitchSlayer
2010-01-24, 08:52 PM
Clark Kent: Ace Reporter. No powers, at least not shown, no cape, just hardcore investigative reporting.

Nerocite
2010-01-24, 08:53 PM
plus Deadpool

Well, that goes without saying.

WitchSlayer
2010-01-24, 09:02 PM
I'd like to see Dr. Manhattan fight Superman and I'd like the fight to progress thusly: Dr. Manhattan just turns isolated parts of Superman's body into kryptonite and Superman violently rips them off until he's left just a stump in which case Dr. Manhattan just turn Superman's brain into kryptonite and his skull explodes.

I have a feeling you don't like Superman

chiasaur11
2010-01-24, 09:15 PM
Clark Kent: Ace Reporter. No powers, at least not shown, no cape, just hardcore investigative reporting.

Better?

"The Daily Planet"

Lois Lane. Jimmy Olsen. Perry White. Occasionally that Kent fellow.

If that was good, I'd buy.

If Marvel released Spider-Man's enemy J. Jonah Jameson, however? I'd double buy.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 09:46 PM
I have a feeling you don't like Superman

It's not that I don't like Superman it's that the fight would be extreme bloody and I'd kind of like to see that.