PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum question: Soulspeaker Circlet?

Kantolin
2010-01-22, 11:31 PM
Uh. I'm a little curious as to how this soulmeld works.

Okay, when you shape it, you pick a language. It has to be a language you don't know, otherwise the soulmeld wouldn't function, so that's easy enough.

Then for each point of essentia, you pick a different language that you understand (or speak, if you have a crown bind).

So.. how does essentia-plugging work? Can I plug one essentia into it and select 'elven', then next round remove the essentia (losing elven), then the round afterwards put another essentia in and select infernal?

Or I suppose, uh, when do you pick which languages you speak? Can a soulborn basically select 'I speak every language I feel like at the moment so long as I invest an essentia into it'?

FishAreWet
2010-01-22, 11:46 PM
Can a soulborn basically select 'I speak every language I feel like at the moment so long as I invest an essentia into it'?

Yes. 56789

Kantolin
2010-01-23, 01:27 AM
Huh. That's a handy way to get 'Speak language: All', then.

Colour me surprised. Thanks.

Darrin
2010-01-23, 02:09 PM
I've been wondering if you could bind this soulmeld to speak language: druidic (one of the annoying prereqs for Fochlucan Lyrist).

Optimystik
2010-01-23, 05:37 PM
I've been wondering if you could bind this soulmeld to speak language: druidic (one of the annoying prereqs for Fochlucan Lyrist).

No, because the soulmeld's name is a misnomer - it doesn't let you speak anything. It would only let you understand Druidic.

So you could eavesdrop on two Druids, but not join the conversation (at least, not without using Common.)

As for FL, Speak Druidic isn't a problem for them - you're supposed to be going in via Druid anyway. The real annoying prereq for Fochclucan Lyrist is Evasion.

Darrin
2010-01-23, 05:44 PM
No, because the soulmeld's name is a misnomer - it doesn't let you speak anything. It would only let you understand Druidic.

Hence, why I specified binding (Open Least Chakra: Crown, to be more specific).

As for FL, Speak Druidic isn't a problem for them - you're supposed to be going in via Druid anyway. The real annoying prereq for Fochclucan Lyrist is Evasion.

Great Raptor Mask or Impulse Boots.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-23, 06:09 PM
Great Raptor Mask or Impulse Boots.

+1. Unlike magic items, shaping soulmelds and binding them to chakras is an innate ability a character has. It's also a tad harder to unshape a soulmeld against the shaper's will without very specific spells, most of which a Druid can defend against (compare this to destroying a magic item).