PDA

View Full Version : Could the Scrying Sensor in 698 be Tsukikos?

Thanatosia
2010-01-23, 01:46 AM
I'm sure someone is gonna say its not possible because of the green magic aura around the sensor, but what are the odds of this being the case?

golentan
2010-01-23, 02:17 AM
As close to 0 as makes no difference. In order:

Wrong magic color (as you noted).

No reason for Team Evil to be examining the area (no Sapphire Guard coordinates, Serini Coordinates).

Team Evil still doesn't view the order as a serious threat, with the possible exception of Xykon driven vengeance against V.

If X is looking for vengeance, it's almost certainly easier for him to sic Tsukiko on O'Chul (given the additional individual they have on that information. You heard me). It's already pretty clear the Guard isn't a deterrent.

If X is looking for vengeance, he shouldn't bother scrying until the moment of assault. If he is planning an assault, he would be prudent to wait until he doesn't need to worry about re-re-redeadification being permanent (I.E. until he finds his phylactery). It's pretty clear he doesn't trust Redcloak anymore, and wants Tsukiko on consultant and cleanup duty, which prevents him from sending other casters on such a mission.

factotum
2010-01-23, 02:22 AM
Agreed with everything golentan says. Team Evil has absolutely no reason to be scrying a random patch of desert in the middle of nowhere, and if they were specifically scrying for the Order, then they'd have teleported in and obliterated them 2 seconds after locating them.

Hardcore
2010-01-23, 06:33 AM
One word: Plot.

Optimystik
2010-01-23, 08:00 AM
Very low. In addition to the above reasons, Tsukiko has been shown to be too busy to do any scrying.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 08:03 AM
Very low. In addition to the above reasons, Tsukiko has been shown to be too busy to do any scrying.

If she asked for the odds, and it is unlikely, shouldn't it technically be very high?

This nitpick brought to you by CDO Inc. It's like OCD, but with all the letters in the right order.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-23, 08:28 AM
Doubtful. Compare the scrying sensors in strips 292 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0292.html) with that of 698 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0698.html). It's probably some member of the order of the scribble. I mean, how would Tskiko know when to scry then. Also why would she scry there? It's a a random spot in the middle of the word's largest desert.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-01-23, 09:15 AM
If she asked for the odds, and it is unlikely, shouldn't it technically be very high?
No. Unlikely odds are low odds.

Low: 0.001% -> Unlikely
High: 99.995% -> Likely

[hr]And since I just realized this is probably a joke about “Million to one odds,” character motivation is rarely affected by that. Only the success/failure (and possibly degree thereof) of actions really applies here.

If it is a joke, please use a smiley. Can’t hear tone of voice in writing.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=Shhalahr Windrider;7748817]No. Unlikely odds are low odds.

Low: 0.001% -> Unlikely
High: 99.995% -> Likely/QUOTE]

Ahhh... silly me. I was thinking odds against, when she was asking for odds for.

Optimystik
2010-01-23, 09:55 AM
Ahhh... silly me. I was thinking odds against, when she was asking for odds for.

Look at the bright side - you must have a great view from up there on your petard. :smallwink:

Gamerlord
2010-01-23, 10:13 AM

What if the last two comics are something from the past? As in, the events of the past two comics happened before the order reached the trap.

waterpenguin43
2010-01-23, 10:25 AM
I bet it's Serini scrying them, as neither Tsusiko nor Girard has Green as their magic color. Plus, since we have seen that scrying sensors use the users magic colors well. (Eugene detected a blue scrying sensor, and coming from Azure city, that seems pretty reasonable.)

Optimystik
2010-01-23, 10:34 AM
What if the last two comics are something from the past? As in, the events of the past two comics happened before the order reached the trap.

Possible. We don't know enough to be sure either way.

Kish
2010-01-23, 10:39 AM
That would seem to make the scrying sensor/cut to the creature in the darkness a parallel for when Elan, Sabine, and Thog burst in on Nale and Haley, and then we went back to Cliffport to see how Elan and Thog escaped from prison.

In view of the lack of a Three and a half days earlier (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0387.html) message this time, I'd say it's unlikely.

ScottishDragon
2010-01-23, 11:11 AM
I bet it's Serini scrying them, as neither Tsusiko nor Girard has Green as their magic color. Plus, since we have seen that scrying sensors use the users magic colors well. (Eugene detected a blue scrying sensor, and coming from Azure city, that seems pretty reasonable.)

Look! it's zz'dtri!here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0053.html) and here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0698.html)!

Trixie
2010-01-23, 11:32 AM

One word that doesn't add anything new at all to discussion, you meant? :smalltongue:

FabuVinny
2010-01-23, 12:19 PM
"This spell has been set to notifty her and us".

It could be Seniri but for plot purposes it's probably Girard's group.

There's no reason for it to be Tsukiko. MiTD is looking for O-Chul, who we know to be at/near Kraagor's Gate, and Xykon is too distracted to be bothered about V.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 01:20 PM

One word: arboreal.

golentan
2010-01-23, 03:06 PM
Look at the bright side - you must have a great view from up there on your petard. :smallwink:

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWwwww..... :smalltongue:

Lvl45DM!
2010-01-23, 05:51 PM
Short answer: No
Long Answer: theres absolutely no reason for it to be so while technically yes its possible, still just no

More likely YAY!! return of the linear guild!