PDA

View Full Version : Project Origin, Velvet Assassin, or Mirror's Edge?

Jeivar
2010-01-23, 07:42 AM
I'm thinking of ordering one of these off amazon, but I've heard some really contradictory things about all of them. What do you guys think of these games? And why?

Comet
2010-01-23, 07:49 AM
I'm torn between Project Origin and Mirror's Edge here. Velvet Assasin was, to me, so boring I didn't even make it through the first level. And I like sneaking games!

Project Origin is well-executed, if pretty generic, shooting action combined with some nifty suspense parts.
Mirror's Edge is fun, innovative and pretty-looking parkour action with a bland story. And it's pretty short.

I think I enjoyed Mirror's Edge more, all in all, since it actually brought something new to the table. Origin certainly has more lenght and is a more balanced package, though.

Jeivar
2010-01-23, 12:53 PM
Hmm. Okay. Anyone else?

warty goblin
2010-01-23, 04:36 PM
I never heard a good word about Velvet Assassin, so I'd avoid that. Mirror's Edge is alternately loved by some, and found mediocre by others, so your milage will vary. For shooters I'd recommend Section 8 over Project Origin, if only because the former gets the power armored space marine thing totally right.

Adennum: If you want to run around murdering Nazis, and have a relatively decent PC, I'd recommend the original Bloodrayne, which is available on Good Old Games for five bucks. I'm playing it now, and it's actually quite fun, so long as you disengage any part of the brain that doesn't find the idea of chopping somebody's arm off, then sucking their blood to be Totally Awesome.

Ikialev
2010-01-23, 05:21 PM
Mirror's Edge.

Mewtarthio
2010-01-23, 05:29 PM
By Project Origin, you're referring to the sequel to F.E.A.R., yes? In that case, it really depends on what you're looking for. I know nothing about Velvet Assassin, but I've heard that Mirror's Edge has a pretty half-baked plot. Project Origin is the only one I've actually played. It's unfortunately more of a "scary monsters" type fear than psychological horror, and I liked the first one a lot better. All in all, though, it's not a bad game.

Domochevsky
2010-01-23, 05:49 PM
By Project Origin, you're referring to the sequel to F.E.A.R., yes? In that case, it really depends on what you're looking for. I know nothing about Velvet Assassin, but I've heard that Mirror's Edge has a pretty half-baked plot. Project Origin is the only one I've actually played. It's unfortunately more of a "scary monsters" type fear than psychological horror, and I liked the first one a lot better. All in all, though, it's not a bad game.

If nothing else it's a pretty game. :smallsmile: (With a kind of disturbing ending. But i still like FEAR 1 better on all accounts except the prettieness and level variety. >_> )

I saw the LPs of Velvet Assassin and Project Origin and they were both pretty ok.
Take VA if you like sneaking around and stabbing Nazis in the junk, ME if you like parcours and are good at it (the "being good at it" part is important to have fun) and PO if you're more into shooting the crap out of everything that moves with occasional slowmo thrown into it.

Otherwise i have no idea.