PDA

View Full Version : Well of Worms [IC]

Deadly
2010-01-23, 08:01 AM
A simple farmer, Marko Kantor gained instant fame when, upon his return from the foothills of the Crystal Peaks, he reported having found an ancient well. And in this well was a wondrous citadel of fabulous beauty and lost riches, within which lived an ancient spirit who had made his every wish come true. Both riches and fame were his upon his return from the well. Yet despite his newly gained fame, Marko disappeared shortly after, never to be seen or heard from again. Whispers and rumours began to spread, both tales to lure the greedy or desperate and to scare young children with. What hides at the bottom of the well? And is it true that the ones who return are not the same ones who go in?

Whatever the truth of the mysterious well and its spirit, or your reason to seek it, you have traveled through the rugged foothills on the border of the great forest and now find yourself near the fabled well... will you descend its depths to never be seen again, or to uncover its mystery?

After days of trudging through rugged hills and forests, you spot the well within sight, hidden in a small glade of trees. The place looks peaceful and inviting, and the well, if not for the stories, looks like any old, overgrown well one could stumble upon in the wilds.

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139494), Dice thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139495), Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138774)

The Heroes
{table=head]Character|Player|Class|Role
Binderal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=180620)|King Tius|Avenger|Striker
Abraxas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=200018)|King Tius|Paladin|Defender
Vondal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=179979)|Reynard|Cleric|Leade r
Ivan Evanovich (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=199933)|Reynard|Invoker|Cont roller[/table]

Reynard
2010-01-23, 08:34 AM
Vondal, Dwarf Cleric

"Lads, looks like we've arrived. Let us take a closer look at this supposed magic well."

Vondal walks over to the well, and starts to inspect it, pulling back the vines and plants to get a clearer view. He looks for any clues to it being related to a particular religion.

((Checks are in dice thread.))

Malek
2010-01-23, 09:59 AM
Harbek (Dwarf Invoker)

- So this is the place. I wonder what this well really holds. - Harbek wonders aloud, then starts thinking - perhaps he could recall something that could relate to the magical well.

((Rolls following shortly))

King Tius
2010-01-23, 11:25 AM
Binderal (Eladrin Avenger)

The nimble Eladrin hops up onto the lip of the well, peering down into its depths.

"We've heard the stories of what is said to be down there. I'm guessing whatever it is, there's something evil underneath."

Deadly
2010-01-23, 11:54 AM
The well looks rough and somewhat crude. Certainly wasn't made by dwarves... or any other highly skilled artisans. Looking down into its depths the water appears crystal clear and a perfectly light azure color, certainly not what one would expect to find in an old, overgrown well like this. The inside wall of the well is lined with rings of runic sigils just above and below the surface of the water, sparkling slightly in the light coming from above.

Vondal can think of no religious significance this well or the runes might have, nor can he understand the runes.

Harbek doesn't think there ever were a lot of people living in this region, so it's a bit of a mystery who could have built a well in this place. Something is certainly off about it, very off.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-23, 12:58 PM
Theirien takes a look at the runes, then says "How deep is it?" If he doesn't understand the runes, he picks up a stone and tosses it in to gauge depth.

Deadly
2010-01-23, 01:13 PM
Theirien reckons that the runes are draconic in nature, but they don't seem to mean anything, at least not as far as he can tell. The stone falls as a stone would into the well, until it hits the surface. There is no splash or sound, only a slight shimmering across the surface of the water. The stone passes through the surface of the water and immediately slows down, slowly falling into the deep like a feather through air. A moment later it has disappeared from sight. There is no way to tell if it has hit the bottom, or when it would do so.

King Tius
2010-01-23, 01:17 PM
"An interesting barrier indeed. Ready to dive in, so to speak? I'm willing to go first. I can warp out should things prove inhospitable."

Unless anyone objects, Binderal jumps in.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-23, 01:37 PM
"I'm all for action, but not too rash." Thierien fishes the rope out of his pack. "Tie this around your waist. If that barrier stuns you or knocks you out, you won't be able to teleport. In fact, we don't know that the barrier isn't one-way. Let's check that first." Thierien ties another rock to the end of the rope, throws it in, and tries to pull it back out of the water, if it comes out, then he procedes with Binderal's plan, revised.

Deadly
2010-01-23, 01:49 PM
Once again the stone fall into the well and slows down as it passes through the surface. Thierien waits a little before pulling on the rope. There is a little bit of resistance as if the stone weighed more than one would expect, but otherwise everything goes as expected: the stone returns out of the well, seemingly unscathed and neither stone nor rope is wet.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-23, 04:18 PM
"Well alright, then. Go for it Binderal." Thierin unties the stone and reties it around Binderal. "I'll give you 30 seconds before I start pulling you back up. Tug twice if you want up earlier."

Reynard
2010-01-23, 04:22 PM
Vondal picks up the other end of the rope, ready to help lower Binderal down.

"Remember laddie, two tugs."

King Tius
2010-01-23, 09:04 PM
Binderal grabs hold of the rope and nods to everyone. "May the Raven Queen watch over us." With that, he hops in.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-24, 01:05 AM
"Heh. She's always watching. May she summon you another day." Theirien drives his staff into the ground next to where they are standing and winds the rope around both hands to get a solid grip.

Deadly
2010-01-24, 04:15 AM
Binderal jumps fearlessly into the well. A second later he passes through the shimmering surface. A light feeling fills him and his descent slows down. Looking around there is no water, whatever he passed through was just a thin veil. Looking up he can faintly see the sky and his friends looking down at him through the watery veil. Like a feather he falls slowly towards the bottom of the well. It is surprisingly deep and becomes more rugged and cave-like as he falls. As he nears the bottom, the lightness fades and he drops the last few feet. Above him the rope hangs strangely in the air, a bit like smoke.

The well ends in a round cave of glittering rock and shining crystals. The floor is covered in shallow, crystal clear water. Despite its unusual clearness this water actually seems real. There doesn't seem to be any exit from the room other than the way he came, but one side of the cave wall is slightly transparent, revealing amazingly beautiful halls beyond populated by small, graceful humanoids guarding and tending the place. It looks a bit like a temple, with a statue of a slender, dragon-like figure placed prominently in the middle. The humanoids look like they might be worshiping the dragon. None of them seem to be aware of Binderal, or are simply not paying attention to his presence beyond the wall.

Reynard
2010-01-24, 09:44 AM
"Can anybody see something to tie this rope to, other than the well? I don't trust its masonry to hold my weight if Binderal says it's safe to climb down."

While saying this, Vondal looks for any convenient trees, boulders, or anything else the rope can be tied to.

Deadly
2010-01-24, 10:11 AM
There are plenty of trees and many of them could serve well enough. However, with the well being as deep as it is 50 ft of rope may not be able to quite make it to a proper tree at the edge of the small glade.

Of course, if possibly having to jump or fall the last bit isn't a concern, then tying the rope to a tree at the edge of the glade is no problem.

Malek
2010-01-24, 12:55 PM
- The trees are a bit far, but if someone has another rope we could tie them together and have them reach far enough.

King Tius
2010-01-24, 01:03 PM
Binderal gives the rope one solid tug to signal that it is ok to come down.

OOG: How deep down the well is he?

Deadly
2010-01-24, 01:17 PM
From what Binderal can tell the well is roughly 40 feet deep, give or take.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-24, 02:18 PM
"I'm hesitant to sacrifice a second rope to get down, we may have need of it later."(OOC:How wide across is the well opening? If he sees that it's small enough to place a solid tree branch across he'll do the following.) Theirien looks around, and drawing Frostsong, goes to one of the trees at the edge of the glade to hack off a very stout low-hanging limb. Returning, he ties the rope to the middle of the limb, with about 5 feet taken in for him to hold on to, and places it across the well opening to hold their weight as they climb down. "Who wants to go first? I'll go last and hold on to the extra feet of rope in case the limb snaps on one of you."

Deadly
2010-01-24, 02:23 PM
The well isn't all that huge, so Theirien successfully ties the rope to a good, solid piece of wood and places it across the well opening.

BobElliot
2010-01-24, 02:47 PM
Reed takes the opportunity to add in some of his acrobatic daring: he jumps headfirst into the well without waiting for anybody else to say anything, snatching the rope between his hands as he heads down. He then proceeds down normally.

roll in dice thread if wanted, edit added RP info

Reynard
2010-01-24, 02:58 PM
After Reed plummets from sight, Vondal climbs up onto the well, grabs the rope with one hand, eases himself down, grabs the rope with his other hand, then begins his decent.

"I'd wait till my weight was off the rope before following if I was you. I'll give a tug when I hit the bottom. "

((Taking 10))

Deadly
2010-01-25, 05:21 AM
Supposedly you all follow suit and descend into the well one at a time.

The crawl down is uneventful and you all find yourself at the bottom along with Binderal, looking around at the cave, the crystal clear water and the semi-transparent cave wall showing the grand hall and the humanoids scurrying about inside.

As Theirien descends the well last a slight mist covers the bottom of the well and the surface of the shallow water shimmers faintly. Looking down you see the reflection of a slender dragon-like face appear in the clear water. It has golden and silver scales and its eyes shine warmly at you from below as its voice sounds from the mist all around, echoing slightly in the stone room "Greetings, pilgrims. I am Laiizu, the Wyrm of the Well. Tell me, who do I have the pleasure of welcoming within my halls?" The mirrage speaks slowly and softly.

The initiative below is just the order you speak/act in here. Mostly for my sake, so you don't strictly have to post in that order.

If Rael doesn't show up we'll just skip Domino. I won't let the game grind to a halt waiting for people.

Reed : (23)
Domino (19)
Vondal (19)
Theirien (18)
Harbek (17)
Binderal (4)

Rael
2010-01-25, 09:05 AM
Quiet until now as he descends the rope into the well, Domino takes out a coin and starts flipping it and rolling it between his fingers to calm his nerves. Looking around at the grand hall he says nothing but notes that if there will be trouble that will probably be the direction it will come from. As the mist rises and the image of the wyrm appears in the water, Domino starts to look around furtively.

"We are...explorers. You may call me Domino."

OOC: Checks in dice thread

Reynard
2010-01-25, 09:55 AM
"That we are."

Remembering something, Vondal continues.
"How'd you know there were more of us coming down? You didn't appear for Binderal alone, and waited for Domino to finish his decent."

Deadly
2010-01-26, 05:08 AM
The dragon-thing chuckles lightly "So defensive, but you have no need to worry here. To answer your question, this is my well, why would you expect I didn't know what goes on here? The way the first of you tugged the rope also suggested he wasn't coming alone, which in fact most people don't these days. And finally, it's not like I sit around all day and night, just waiting so that I am ready to appear the second someone crawls into my well. the dragon winks But now that you are all here, tell me about yourselves. It gets so lonely in this well, perhaps I can offer you something in return for a little chat. Surely you did not come here simply to see the inside of an old well in the woods." The face of the dragon looks expectantly at them from below.

Domino gets the feeling that something is not quite right with this dragon. The way it speaks, it almost seems like it's trying to be as slow as possible, as if it's deliberately stalling and keeping them there. The image in the water is clearly an illusion, though that should be no big surprise. There is also something unusual about the fog, but Domino isn't certain what it is. Other than that he can't spot anything out of the ordinary.

Evidently I didn't make things clear enough here. In case anyone were in doubt, this is a skill challenge. Your goal may not be clear yet, but for now it's just "talk to the dragon, find out what's going on". We run it more or less like a combat encounter, which is why I rolled initiatives. You get to do one action (skill roll or the like) each round.

To speed things along you won't post in order, however. Simply post your action this round and once everyone have posted I'll resolve the round and we move on to the next. I give you a day or so to post, anyone who haven't posted in that time I'll just assume stands around doing nothing that round.

So post, everyone.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-26, 08:22 AM
Thierien bows and introduces himself to the dragon, speaking in Draconic. <Great wyrm Laiizu; I am Theirien Norel, adopted son of the Kavaa Dragonborn and spirit-son of Arkhosia. We seek the ones who visited before, seeking power and riches, for they are lost and need to be returned to their families.>

Reynard
2010-01-26, 09:05 AM
"I am sorry, Laiizu, for asking such a question. However, in our business, it pays to be cautious. I did not mean to question you like that."

"Dwarves and Dragons don't exactly have a history of working together in the first place, and both our races were responsible for that."
[Diplomacy Check]

As Thierien bows and start to talk in Draconic, Vondal watches the worm looking for hints about his motive.
[Insight Check]

Malek
2010-01-26, 11:39 AM
- My name is Harbek and I'm a travelling devout of Avandra. If you excuse my curiousity oh Laiizu, but what is a dragon doing in, as you called yourself, "an old well in the woods"? - Harbek asked his question while at the same time thinking - the wyrm gave his name, perhaps he read some mention about that name somewhere? Sadly he never was overly keen on studying history books.

[[History roll to come is probably failed :P]]

King Tius
2010-01-26, 03:14 PM
As it turns out, Binderal is terrible at talking to people. He'll try and use his intuition (if Insight can be considered a secondary skill) but will otherwise try not to offend anyone.

"Greetings. I am Binderal, sworn defender of the Raven Queen. Thank you for welcoming us into your well.......er......realm."

Rael
2010-01-26, 08:55 PM
Domino fiddles with his coin whilst thinking and giving a quizzical look.

"I don't mean to offend, but as my companion said many have entered your well and not returned since. I think it only prudent that we take all precautions possible. Everyone please be on your guard."

Putting the coin back in his pocket, he continues.

"We are here to see what this well holds, and to learn the fates of those who came before us. What can you tell us of these things? I am sure that we can speak of things you wish to know in return."

Deadly
2010-01-27, 05:44 AM
"Sadly, I know not what becomes of people in the world beyond. I am bound to this place and can neither leave it, nor look beyond. Many come here seeking riches and fame, two things which often lead people astray. Perhaps they have gone in search of more than they should, as those blinded by greed often will. Others come with nobler intentions, seeking cures for sick loved ones or similar desires. Often all I can do is point them to the rare herb or lone hermit able to help their particular case. I warn them that it may be dangerous, but people in such need rarely worry about danger."

None of you recall any mention of a dragon in a well, or a dragon named Laiizu in any legends or histories, but it does seem like a proper draconic name to Theirien.

There is something clearly wrong with this, however, Theirien is absolutely certain. The dragon is clearly stalling, and what it says doesn't sound right. It's not telling the truth. Whatever it is up to it is trying to keep you all right where you are.

The dragon continues its slow, strangely cheerful talk "Why am I in this well? Strictly speaking I live in the halls you see beyond, and the well was a later addition. It is a long story, however, and I would much rather hear something new."

While it speaks you suddenly feel very weary, as if you haven't slept in ages. Theirien, Domino and Binderal quickly realise that the situation has turned dire. It was a trap all along. Domino immediately recalls - there was something odd about the mist - now he knows, it was poison and the dragon was merely keeping them busy while it began to take effect. He can't figure out exactly what kind of poison it might be, but they may only have a short time to act now.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-27, 04:07 PM
"I don't like being lied to Laiizu! Traps are a coward's weapon!" Theirien makes a run for the transparent wall, swinging his quarterstaff in front of him to see if it is solid or if he can pass through.

King Tius
2010-01-27, 04:19 PM
Binderal will use his Fey Step ability to teleport through the wall!

BobElliot
2010-01-27, 05:59 PM
Coughing, and then trying to hold his breath, Reed rushes towards the dragon, hoping that brandishing his sword will convince him that it is not a good idea to be enemies. If the dragon does nothing, he makes an attempt towards the transparent wall, hoping like Theirin that it can be passed through.
roll for intimidate in thread

Reynard
2010-01-27, 07:43 PM
Vondal fumbles for his holy symbol, holds it to his lips, and whispers a prayer to The Maker.

"Great Moradin, smite our treacherous foe for attempting to cover his crimes and for resorting to deception."

[Astral Seal on Laiizu, roll in dice thread]

Deadly
2010-01-28, 04:42 AM
The dragon chuckles at Theirien "Aww, but the truth can be so harsh, wouldn't you much rather not know? And evidently, traps are the survivor's weapon, as we shall see."

The wall proves perfectly solid. The creatures beyond have turned to watch, but don't seem at all concerned.

The dragon watches Reed and Vondal with obvious confusion "Not the brightest bunch are we?" Clearly the dragon doesn't feel threatened, and attacking the illusion just creates a nice splash of water which causes the image of the dragon to become blurred and difficult to make out.

When Binderal jumps past the wall, the blurred dragon in the water turns its attention to the wall "Now that's new... Well, have fun, I wager it'll be a few more seconds for you." With that the image of the dragon fades, leaving behind just the clear water.

Binderal finds himself not in the grand hall he saw through the transparent wall, but in a rough cave. It looks mostly like the hall he had seen, with the statue of the dragon and the people standing around. The dragon, however, looks much less golden and bright, and the creatures look nothing like the graceful people he had seen through the wall. Instead, seven goblinoids now stand in their place, readying weapons.

The rest of you still see the hall with the graceful people, now getting ready to attack the intruder. The situation is very dire now. Binderal is alone against the goblinoids and it won't be much longer before the poison overwhelms you. You may only have one chance now.

This certainly plays out differently than planned.

Here's initiative order again, with goblins. So, we'll do it in order, now. Reed, Domino and Vondal gets to act. Remember, aside from Binderal, you are all trapped in the well, unless you have something which doesn't require line of effect you can't help out in the hall unless you first get out of the well.

I'll help out a little. The wall is solid, and climbing up the rope would take too long and obviously wouldn't allow you to aid Binderal either. There is a way you can escape the well, but you have only one chance at this point.

You are all dazed by the poison. Binderal gets to save against it at the end of his turn.

Reed : 23, dazed
Domino : 19, dazed
Vondal : 19, dazed
Goblin H : 18
Theirien : 18, dazed
Harbek : 17, dazed
Goblin S1 : 14
Goblin S1 : 14
Goblin C1 : 8
Goblin C2 : 8
Goblin C3 : 8
Goblin C4 : 8
Binderal : 4, dazed

Below is a map. The small gray circles are pillars, and the big yellow circle is the statue of the dragon. Both provides cover. The orange rectangle is a rug and doesn't really do much. The brown boxes on top and bottom are doors, both closed.

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall0.png

Reynard
2010-01-28, 10:11 AM
"Blast!"

"Hang on..."

Vondal looks up at the way they came in, then at the barrier infrount of them

"Hmmm..."

Vondal walks towards the barrier, pauses, then tries to walk through.

Rael
2010-01-28, 11:35 AM
"Foolish, I should have known!"

Domino covers his nose and mouth, then starts searching the walls to see if there is a secret or concealed door to get into the next room, surmising that the people on the other side of the wall would come in to loot their bodies after they died.

Check dice thread

BobElliot
2010-01-28, 06:05 PM
Frustrated at his impotence, Reed quickly looks underneath the water, hoping to find some sort of switch. After all, most illusions required some sort of access to control with the ability the dragon was talking to them with. Perhaps they can follow the dragon.
If anything is found, he tries to use/activate it.

King Tius
2010-01-28, 06:29 PM
Binderal

Using his one action, the Eladrin Avenger will hustle back to F1 till the poison wears off.

If, however, he gets swarmed by Cutters, he'll whack at one instead.

Overwhelming strike!
Attack: Roll1
Damage: Roll2
He'll use the shift from this power to move to the most combat-defensive position possible, given that he's being attacked

Regardless of whether he's attacked or not, he screams out: "You wretched fiends! Release my friends from this trap and I will spare your lives!"

Intimidate: Roll3
OOG: Obviously, if everyone gets free before I get to go, ignore that whole shouting bit.

CDR_Doom
2010-01-29, 12:14 AM
Theirien wastes no more time talking to the draconic illusion, instead focusing on finding some irregularity in the wall's rocks and crystals.

Deadly
2010-01-29, 03:37 AM
Reed ducks under the water to search the bottom, but finds nothing out of the ordinary.

Domino, meanwhile, searches the cave wall. He finds a small crack in the semi-transparent wall. It is well hidden, but he quickly surmises that there is, in fact, a hidden door. No doubt it is only meant to be opened from the other side, but perhaps it could be forced up, either with enough force or skill.

Vondal finds again that the wall, while transparent in places, is perfectly solid and not easily convinced to let him through.

Out in the hall, the goblin in front of the statue raises its hands and utters a string of curses. A cloud of distracting vapors appear around Binderal, hampering his vision and aim.

Theirien, like Domino, discovers a slight crack in the wall, revealing the secret door. If only it could be opened before it's too late.

The two goblins in the back raise their crossbows and aim at Binderal, letting two bolts fly, while the rest of the goblins charge ahead. Both crossbow bolts strike before he can get to cover, but fortunately only one of the goblin rabble manages to land a strike.

Binderal strikes out at the closest goblin, cutting its head off and jumping back before the other goblins can get another stab at him. As he does, the worst of the poison wears off and his mind clears somewhat. The goblins don't seem impressed with his threat, however, obviously not helped by the fact that he's currently hopelessly outnumbered.

While he remains in the cloud (the greenish circle on the map), Binderal takes -2 to attacks and the goblins have conceilment. Those in the well don't have to worry about the cloud until they get the secret door open.

9 damage to Binderal from S1, 8 damage from S2, 4 damage from C3. Total 21 damage to Binderal this round.

Round 2: Reed, Domino and Vondal's turn first.

Reed : dazed
Domino : dazed
Vondal : dazed
Goblin H :
Theirien : dazed
Harbek : dazed
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 :
Goblin C1 :
Goblin C3 :
Goblin C4 :
Binderal : 7/28 hp, -2 attacks

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall1.png

BobElliot
2010-01-29, 10:12 AM
Since Reed has not found the hidden door yet, he searches the wall between him and Binderal.

Rael
2010-01-29, 10:30 PM
Finding the crack in the wall where the secret door opens, Domino takes his sleeve from in front of his nose and mouth. Instantly feeling the effects of the mist as he inhales the fumes, he directs the stronger members of the group to his findings.

"Quickly, there's a door here! We have to force it open!"

Domino quickly stands aside while pointing at the opening.

BobElliot
2010-02-01, 01:09 PM
Reed attempts to open the door that Domino pointed out.

Deadly
2010-02-01, 03:21 PM
With a desperate but skilled hand, Reed manages to find the opening mechanism of the secret door and trick it open. With a rush of fresh air the stone door opens, revealing the hall beyond. The instant the semi-transparent door opens, the hall seems to change before your eyes from the grand and golden to the rough and cave-like, and the graceful beings into goblins.

Domino's turn.

Now that the door is open, the cloud affects all within : -2 attacks, and goblins have conceilment.

All of you also get to make a save against the daze at the end of your turns.

Reed : dazed, -2 attacks
Domino : dazed
Vondal : dazed
Goblin H :
Theirien : dazed, -2 attacks
Harbek : dazed
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 :
Goblin C1 :
Goblin C3 :
Goblin C4 :
Binderal : 7/28 hp, -2 attacks

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall2.png

Rael
2010-02-05, 06:02 PM
Staggering from the fumes as the others start into the other room where Bindarel is facing a pack of goblins, Domino reaches into his pouch of regents and throws a semi-wet mixture of what appears to be clay towards Bindarel. Focusing his mind he releases the power to try to keep the eladrin from death.

Curative Admixture on Bindarel

Deadly
2010-02-06, 02:40 AM
Curative Admixture is only a minor action, but I'm not going to keep waiting. This game is already moving too slowly. Remember to look at the action type in the future so you don't miss out on actions. Also, you forgot to roll your saving throw (did it for you).

Binderal regains 8 hp. Domino saves against the daze.

Vondal's turn.

Map hasn't changed.

Reed : dazed, -2 attacks
Domino :
Vondal : dazed, -2 attacks
Goblin H :
Theirien : dazed, -2 attacks
Harbek : dazed, -2 attacks
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 :
Goblin C1 :
Goblin C2 :
Goblin C3 :
Goblin C4 :
Binderal : 15/28 hp, -2 attacks

Reynard
2010-02-06, 03:10 PM
Finally able to help his allies, and with Binderal saved from death for now, Vondal moves behind Reed and raises his symbol above his head, calling for Moradins blessing and bathing the area infrunt of him with divine light..

[spoiler]Move to E5, then use Divine Glow (close burst 3). Reed, Theirien, Binderal, c3, and c4 are effected.

Allies get +2 bonus to attack rolls.
And the Goblins get attacked, rolls in dice thread.[spoiler]

Deadly
2010-02-06, 03:41 PM
The goblin in front of the statue raises its rod and points it straight ahead at Theirien, but the paladin manages to resist the vile curse uttered by the goblin.

4 damage to goblin C4, killing it. Reed, Theirien and Binderal get +2 to attacks until end of Vondal's next turn.

Vondal saves against the poison.

Theirien's turn.

Reed : dazed, -2 attacks (cloud), +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn
Domino :
Vondal : -2 attacks (cloud)
Goblin H :
Theirien : dazed, -2 attacks (cloud), +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn
Harbek : dazed, -2 attacks (cloud)
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 :
Goblin C1 :
Goblin C3 :
Binderal : 15/28 hp, -2 attacks (cloud), +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall3.png

CDR_Doom
2010-02-06, 08:06 PM
Thierien strikes out at the goblin standing in his path with Frostsong.
Valiant Strike vs goblin C3

Deadly
2010-02-07, 05:14 AM
Theirien saves against the poison, but misses the goblin.

Harbek's turn

Map hasn't changed

Domino :
Goblin H :
Theirien : -2 attacks (cloud), +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn
Harbek : dazed, -2 attacks (cloud)
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 :
Goblin C1 :
Goblin C3 :
Binderal : 15/28 hp, -2 attacks (cloud), +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn

Malek
2010-02-07, 07:16 PM
Still coughing Harbek aims his staff and sends bolts of light at two nearest goblins and the hexer.

Hand of Radiance on C1, C3 and GH

Deadly
2010-02-08, 02:59 AM
As the two goblins in front fall at the hand of Harbek, the two in the back keep their aim on Binderal, firing two bolts at the Eladrin. The first strikes true but has little force behind it, while the other misses entirely.

8 damage to C1 and 5 damage to C3 from Harbek. Both are killed. Missed Goblin H.

Harbek saves against the daze.

5 damage to Binderal from Goblin S1.

Binderal's turn.

Domino :
Goblin H :
Harbek : -2 attacks (cloud)
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 :
Binderal : 10/28 hp, -2 attacks (cloud), +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall4.png

King Tius
2010-02-08, 11:35 AM
Binderal

Pleased that the group has made it free but still reeling from all the damage he has taken, Binderal calls out to his allies. "Now we've got them!" He rushes S2 and delivers a devastating blow.

Move: advance to M3
Minor: Declare S2 the target of my Oath of Enmity
Standard: Angelic Alacrity!
It lets me shift 4 squares before my attack, so I move to P3.
Because of my OoE, I use whichever of these attack rolls is higher.
Also, since I'm not in the cloud, I didn't take a -2 to my attack.
Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Attack Roll 2: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Deadly
2010-02-08, 11:52 AM
14 damage to S2 from Binderal.

Reed, Domino and Vondal's turn.

Domino :
Goblin H :
Harbek : -2 attacks (cloud)
Goblin S1 :
Goblin S2 : Wounded, Oath of Enmity (Binderal)
Binderal : 10/28 hp, +2 attacks til end of Vondal's turn

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall5.png

BobElliot
2010-02-08, 12:07 PM
I assume diagonal moves are worth 1 square, and move to L2. Since dazed, that's all I can do.
save in dice thread.

Rael
2010-02-11, 07:33 AM
Domino moves forward in his attempts to continue trying to aid Bindarel. Reaching into another pouch, his hand comes out covered in oil as he locks his fingers together. A flash of electricity dances in front of Bindarel and lashes out towards his assailant. He then surveys the area while drawing a dagger to protect himself.

"Stand down and live to see another day goblins!"

OOC: Rael moves to K3, Thundering Armor on Bindarel and attack on goblin S2, pushing him to Q2

Reynard
2010-02-11, 11:22 AM
Vondal rushes to aid his wounded ally, who's foolishly run off into the goblins.

Double move to N1, then healing word on Bindarel.

((It's only one dice, so I'll roll it here: [roll0] He gets that + my wisdom mod (+3) + a healing surge worth of HP back.))

Deadly
2010-02-11, 03:40 PM
The goblin redirects the bewildering cloud, moving it into a better position. It then raises its rod at Theirien, trying to put a dread hex upon him, but fails to break the paladin's will.

Reed saves against the poison.

Binderal gets a +1 bonus to AC, but Domino's attack against the goblin misses.

Binderal regains 13 hp.

Cloud is moved 5 squares.

Theirien and Harbek's turn.

Reed : -2 attacks (cloud)
Domino : -2 attacks (cloud)
Goblin H :
Theirien :
Harbek :
Goblin S1 :
Binderal : 23/28 hp, +1 AC til end of Domino's turn, -2 attacks (cloud)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall6.png

CDR_Doom
2010-02-11, 11:45 PM
Theirien moves forward, eyes fixed on the goblin who has been attacking him. He levels Frostsong at the goblin's chest and calls out 'You have been summoned by the Queen! Surrender your strength!'

Theirien moves to J7, uses Divine Challenge on goblin H, then attacks him with Sacred Flame.

Malek
2010-02-12, 05:08 AM
- Hey ugly! - Harbek shouted - Add Avandra to list of gods after ya - she told me to send you this! - the dwarf slammed his staff against the ground creating bolt of lightning that streaked towards goblin caster and his closest ally.

Move to H8 and Lightning's Revelation centered on P7.

Deadly
2010-02-12, 11:13 AM
The goblin facing Binderal makes a quick stab at the eladrin, but misses. Uncomfortable about the situation, the goblin takes a step to the side, moving behind the pillar.

The other goblin fires a bolt at Theirien, striking true before following the other goblin's example of taking cover behind the statue.

Goblin H is Challenged by Theirien. The Sacred Flame misses the goblin.

10 damage to S1 from Harbek, and it takes -4 to all defences until the end of his next turn.

9 damage to Theirien from S1.

Binderal's turn

Goblin H : Divine Challenge (Theirien)
Theirien : 18/27 hp
Harbek :
Goblin S1 : Wounded, -4 defences til end of Harbek's next turn
Binderal : 23/28 hp, +1 AC til end of Domino's turn, -2 attacks (cloud)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall7.png

BobElliot
2010-02-12, 11:42 AM
With a cleared mind, Reed maneuvers around the head goblin, deftly placing himself in a perfect position to flank right before he slashes the goblin.

Move to N8, Deft Strike against GH as he moves to P7.

King Tius
2010-02-12, 01:23 PM
Because the goblin was the target of my Oath of Enmity and voluntarily moved away from me I get to add 5 to my damage against the little bugger.

"Thanks for the healing! I owe you one."

Move: Gets to R1 without provoking an AoO from S2
Standard: Bond of Pursuit
Attack1: [roll0]
Attack2: [roll1]
(vs. AC)

Deadly
2010-02-16, 03:07 PM
18 damage to goblin S2 from Binderal, killing it.

Reed misses the goblin H.

Domino and Vondal's turn.

Reed :
Goblin H : Divine Challenge (Theirien)
Harbek :
Binderal : 23/28 hp, +1 AC til end of Domino's turn

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall8.png

Reynard
2010-02-16, 03:35 PM
Rushing behind the pillar, Vondal puts a foot on the corpse of the goblind Binderal just killed, then attempts to use Astral Seal on the one that seems to be directing the cloud.

Move to Q2, then fire an Astral Seal at GH. Dice in dice thread.

If it hits, -2 to all his defenses (effectively nullifying his cloud), and the next person to hit him gets 4 hp back.

Rael
2010-02-17, 05:33 AM
Domino reaches into his pocket and pulls out a gaming die, then dips it in a clear oil. Mimicking a throw at the goblin next to Reed, a small cube dances and spins towards the target.

Coughing from the cloud, he decides that things seem to be well in hand here and moves towards Bindarel.

Shielding Cube attacking GH, check dice thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7906904&posted=1#post7906904)
Move to Q3

Deadly
2010-02-17, 07:45 AM
The goblin next to Reed takes a step back and lifts its rod, striking out at Reed with a blinding flash to sear his flesh and eyes alike. Thanks to Theirien's challenge the goblin misses its target and learns the hard way not to ignore the pesky paladin.

12 damage to Goblin H from Domino.

Vondal misses the goblin.

Cloud is moved and sustained. 5 damage to Goblin H from Theirien's divine challenge.

Goblin H : Wounded, Divine Challenge (Theirien), adjacent allies gain +1 AC til end of Domino's turn
Harbek :
Binderal : 23/28 hp, -2 attacks (cloud)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall9.png

CDR_Doom
2010-02-17, 08:04 AM
Moving up to the magic wielding goblin, Theirien raises Frostsong and brings the sword down with a whispered prayer.

move to M5, holy strike on GH

Malek
2010-02-18, 04:41 AM
Harbek murmurs a short prayer channeling divine power on one of enemies.

Mantle of the Indifel - on goblin H if he lives after Theirien's attack, otherwise at S1.

Deadly
2010-02-18, 09:57 AM
The goblin behind the statue aims its crossbow at Binderal and lets a bolt fly.

14 damage to goblin H from Theirien.

Harbek misses the goblin.

6 damage to Binderal from goblin S1

Binderal, Reed, Domino and Vondal's turn.

Goblin H : Bloodied, Divine Challenge (Theirien), adjacent allies gain +1 AC til end of Domino's turn
Theirien : 18/27 hp, +1 AC (adjacent to GH)
Harbek :
Goblin S1 : Wounded
Binderal : 17/28 hp, -2 attacks (cloud)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall10.png

King Tius
2010-02-18, 10:15 AM
Binderal

Determined to bring the other Sharpshooter down, Binderal rushes him and strikes with his divine fury.

Move: gets to T5
Minor: Targets Goblin with Oath of Enmity
Standard: Bond of Pursuit

BobElliot
2010-02-18, 06:39 PM
Reed works his way to the other side of GH, brandishing his dagger to hide the fact that his sword is right behind it to strike the goblin.

Move to O5 (AoO as I move from O6)
Attack with sly flourish and sneak attack (flanking grants combat advantage, IIRC)

Rael
2010-02-21, 08:10 AM
"We've got to get rid of the mist!"

Domino focuses on the dagger in his hand for a moment, causing it to glow slightly. Taking aim, he throws it at the goblin Therien is battling in hopes of finishing the creature off. He then draws another dagger and moves away from the mists again.

OOC: Aggravating Force on GH (rolls in dice thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7933780#post7933780)), move to K3

Reynard
2010-02-21, 09:18 AM
If the Hexer is still alive:
"I know, lad. It's damn hard to see."

Sacred Flame at GH, Dice in thread.
If not:
"Nice throw, I'll get the last"

Move to T3, to be sure it doesn't have cover, Sacred Flame at the last gobbo. Dice in thread.

Deadly
2010-02-21, 10:06 AM
As Reed strikes at the goblin it nimbly slinks away from him and around Theirein. It then strikes out at Theirien with its rod, but fails to hit its target.

17 damage to Goblin S1 from Binderal.

Reed doesn't have to provoke an OA as he moves, if he moves through squares P6 and P5 to O5. His attack misses, though, and Goblin H shifts 1 square to M6.

6 damage to Goblin H from Domino, and +2 attack to next ally who attacks it (Theirien most likely).

Vondal misses as well (using your first roll. You can't just roll twice like that :smallconfused:)

Cloud is sustained in place.

Goblin H : Bloodied, Divine Challenge (Theirien), +2 attack to next attacker
Harbek :
Goblin S1 : Bloodied, Oath of Enmity (Binderal)
Binderal : 17/28 hp, -2 attacks (cloud)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/hall11.png

CDR_Doom
2010-02-22, 10:25 AM
Theirien slashes up across the goblin, still praying quietly.

holy strike goblin H. no other actions.

Malek
2010-02-22, 07:48 PM
Harbek sends divine bolts towards the goblins.
Move to L8 then Hand of Radiance on both remaining goblins.

Deadly
2010-02-23, 05:45 AM
Theirien brings his sword down upon the goblin hexer and the little annoyance collapses in a last feeble curse. As the goblin dies, the confounding cloud dissipates.

Harbek has less luck against the goblin shooter, however. Though knowing that it has lost, the goblin takes a step back and fires desperately at Binderal, but fails to hit the target.

11 damage to goblin H from Theirien, killing it.

Harbek misses both.

Goblin S1 shifts 1 sqaure and shoots at Binderal, but misses.

Seeing how at least one of you would reasonably hit the goblin before its next turn and kill it, I see no reason to continue on. Consider the last goblin dead. Binderal can get the honor of assuming he kills it, for the roleplay value :)

Thus ends the encounter. You all gain 150 xp each for getting out of the trap and killing the goblins. Theirien is at 18 hp and Binderal at 17, the rest of you are still at full.

As the last goblin in the room goes down, the place falls quiet. A faint sound like hammers against steel comes from the south door and a bit of strange fog rolls out from under it, but otherwise everything is silent and with no sign of the dragon.

Reynard
2010-02-24, 01:13 PM
"It's a good job you managed to open that door, Reed."

Vondal goes over to the statue and examines it.

"Well, at least we know that we're dealing with an evil dragon."

Deadly
2010-02-25, 05:19 AM
The statue has only a slight resemblance to the radiant, golden scaled dragon or the fine statue they saw through the wall of the well. It looks like it was crudely built from mud, clay and rocks. No doubt the work of the goblins rather than the dragon itself. No religious or historical significance comes to mind, other than that the goblins obviously revere the dragon, most likely out of fear rather than any true loyalty.

On closer inspection, Vondal notices two small green orbs in the center of its eyes. Two gems of a fine cut, clearly the only valuable part of the statue.

Rael
2010-02-25, 06:12 AM
"Bah, not a dragon at all I'd wager. More likely an illusion laid here of someone taking advantage of these goblins poor wit. They're probably living as a false god to these poor slobs."

Looking over the statue with the others, Domino picks up his dagger that was thrown earlier while looking at the gems that serve as the statue's eyes.

"Pry 'em out, we may as well get some coin for the trouble."

Malek
2010-02-26, 02:48 PM
- I'm not sure if this is a good idea lad. These gems can bear some spell considering the circumstances.

Reynard
2010-02-26, 03:19 PM
"If you must have them, leave them here for now, just in case. We can always pick them up later."

"The south sounds like a forge, so... North?"

CDR_Doom
2010-02-26, 03:42 PM
Wiping Frostsong clean on the goblin's clothing Theirien stands and sheaths the greatsword. At this point, one direction is as good as another, but I dislike that fog coming from the South. I agree with going to the North.

Theirien uses one healing surge to get back to 24hp

King Tius
2010-02-27, 06:39 PM
Binderal

The Eladrin cleans his weapons and takes a few moments to bandage his wounds.

"I agree, Northward it is."

Deadly
2010-02-28, 03:36 AM
Off to the north it is, then. Leaving the statue and gems behind, presumably.

You open the northern door and find a wide corridor behind it, carved roughly from the surrounding stone. It leads further north before opening up into a darkly lit room. The place is quiet, but smells badly.

Rael
2010-03-01, 08:32 AM
As the others start out and open the door, Domino takes his recently recovered dagger and starts prying out the gems that serve as the dragon's eyes.

"Lets not let superstition rob us of our just rewards. The hexer is dead, and I plan to leave here with more than I came with."

Reynard
2010-03-01, 08:45 AM
"...Fine, lad. But keep them covered."

Vondal peers into the gloom.

Deadly
2010-03-03, 03:31 AM
As Domino pries the green gems from the statue's eyes, the statue cracks and crumbles under him. He manages to jump down from the falling statue in time, along with the two green gems.

Vondal sees nothing further of particular note.

Reynard
2010-03-04, 06:17 PM
Vondal walks along the passage, holding his symbol with one hand and his hammer with the other.

Deadly
2010-03-05, 10:52 AM
Presumably everyone else follows him...

Vondal creeps along the corridor, followed by the others. As he passes into the room beyond, a small humanoid made of stone comes charging around the corner from the passage leading east. It swiftly strikes out at him while a similar construct comes from the left to strike at Binderal, but none of them manages to hit.

A large goblin - obviously of high position among the goblins here - follows, moving into position behind the two constructs while yelling something in an unknown tongue. Somewhere in the back of the room, Vondal spots a small drake lying in wait.

Harbek, Binderal and Domino's turn. Initiative is below, as well as the map

Goblin: 22
H1: 18
H2: 18
Harbek: 14
Binderal: 12, 24/28 hp
Domino: 11
Drake: 8
Reed: 7
Theirien: 4, 24/27 hp
Vondal: 3

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief0.png

The two brown boxes in D10 and G10 are doors, as is the one in O2-3. The box in B2-4 is a table, and the rounded box below is a chest. The bearskin should be obvious, and below it is a large throne-like chair.

Malek
2010-03-05, 01:32 PM
- Goblins and constructs, this place just keeps getting better! - Harbek comments and summons divine lightning as in previous fight. Unsatisfied with result he quickly sends a bolt of radiance towards each of constructs.

Lightning's Revelation centered on J5 then Action Point and Hand of Radiance on H1 and H2 (forgot second damage roll on that one, but it probably misses H2 anyway :smallsigh:)

Rael
2010-03-08, 08:24 AM
"Already?! It appears that this won't be a quiet excursion."

Domino draws a dagger slides a grainy substance over the blade. He then throws it at one of the constructs and steps back to let the others move forward.

Aggravating Force on the H1. Rolls in dice thread.

Deadly
2010-03-10, 09:28 AM
Harbek tries to blast the constructs, but has little luck overall.

Binderal focuses his attention on the construct in front of him, striking at it swiftly as he slips around it in an attempt to make more room for everyone.

Domino throws a dagger at one of the constructs, delivering a solid hit.

The small drake in the back strides across the room and snaps at Binderal's ankles, but the eladrin manages to get out of the way just in time.

7 damage to H1 from Harbek.

Binderal: Oath of Enmity on H2, then Overwhelming Strike - 9 damage to H2 from Binderal, and he shifts to J6 and moves the construct into K7.

Critical hit against H1 from Domino - 9 damage. You didn't have to reroll, only the target was different after all.

Next one to attack H1 gets a +2 bonus to the attack

Reed, Theirien and Vondal's turn.

Goblin:
H1: Wounded
H2: Wounded, Oath of Enmity
Harbek:
Binderal: 24/28 hp
Domino:
Drake:
Reed:
Theirien: 24/27 hp
Vondal:

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief1.png

BobElliot
2010-03-10, 03:42 PM
Using a pattern of half strikes and real strikes, Reed uses his natural flair for performance to take off a good chunk of the construct that's in his way. He then slinks to the side, providing those behind him an easier path to the forefront of the skirmish.

roll in dice thread, followed by a 5 ft shift to L8

CDR_Doom
2010-03-11, 05:06 PM
Hmpf. Constructs. You make a mockery of life, now return to your true state. Theirien swings a crushing blow down upon the rocky figure while still muttering about unnatural abominations.

Theirien shifts to K6 and uses valiant strike on H2.

Reynard
2010-03-11, 05:24 PM
Vondal focuses on his Symbol for a second, then bathes the room with divine power. He then jumps away from the construct to the north.

Free Action: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune. (+1 to next attack or saving throw.)
Standard: Divine Glow. D, G, Binderal and Theirien effected. Binderal and Theirien get a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
Minor: Shift to L7.

Deadly
2010-03-12, 04:16 AM
Reed makes a sly stab at the construct in front of him and steps to the side to allow room for the others.

Theirien brings down his weapon upon the same construct. The little stone creature staggers from the two blows, but remains standing yet.

Vondal bathes the room beyond in holy light, strengthening his allies but sadly failing to affect the goblin and drake.

The goblin moves in swiftly and sinks its sword into the back of Theirien while he's still focused on the construct.

The first construct steps nimbly into the space between Theirien and Vondal, and strikes at Theirien with its spiked little fist. The other construct moves with surprising swiftness between Theirien and Vondal and past the other construct before it too lashes out at Theirien. The many blows prove too much for the paladin, who collapses under the assault.

13 damage to H2 from Reed.

11 damage to H2 from Theirien

7 damage to Theirien from goblin

9 and 8 damage to Theirien from H1 and H2 respectively.

Theirien falls unconscious and is dying. Unless healed, he must make death saving throws on his turn.

Harbek, Binderal and Domino's turn.

Goblin:
H1: Wounded
H2: Near Death, Oath of Enmity
Harbek:
Binderal: 24/28 hp, +2 attack til end of Vondals turn
Domino:
Drake:
Reed:
Theirien: 0/27 hp, +2 attack til end of Vondals turn, unconscious, dying
Vondal:

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief2.png

Malek
2010-03-12, 03:14 PM
- That what never really lived apparently doesn't know when to die. - Harbek mumbles seeing construct's resiliency and sends another three blasts of divine energy.

Hand of Radiance on G, H1, H2 and that's all

King Tius
2010-03-12, 07:50 PM
Taking advantage of the extra damage granted to him by the construct moving away from him, Binderal uses his Angelic Alacrity power which lets him SHIFT 4 squares to L4 and wails on H2.

Deadly
2010-03-14, 01:59 PM
Domino moves in swiftly to lend his fallen ally some aid, before blasting the goblin back into the room.

The drake charges ahead, intent on not letting the fallen paladin get back up. Fortunately Theirien is able to keep the little beast with the sharp fangs at a distance despite the great disadvantage he has currently.

5 damage to H1 and 8 damage to goblin from Harbek

24 damage to H2 from Binderal, destroying it.

Domino's Actions: Curative Admixture on Theirien (Theirien regains 7 hp). Thundering Armor, primary target Theirien, secondary target goblin (Theirien gains +1 AC til end of Domino's next turn, 7 damage to Goblin and it is pushed one square)

Theirien is no longer dying, but is still prone and has rather low hp.

Goblin: Wounded
H1: Bloodied
Harbek:
Binderal: 24/28 hp, +2 attack til end of Vondals turn
Domino:
Drake:
Reed:
Theirien: 7/27 hp, +2 attack til end of Vondals turn, +1 AC til end of Domino's turn, prone
Vondal:

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief3.png

BobElliot
2010-03-14, 11:23 PM
Reed sees a potentially great opportunity to stab something perfectly; he takes a gamble and dashes across the battle field, moving with the express goal of killing the little lizard. He bobs and weaves as if he was born for it, aided by his diminutive stature, and gets where he was heading: right behind the overgrown toad. However, his pride over the maneuver went to his head and he failed to even connect with the beast, causing Reed's cheeks to light up in shame over the wasted scurry.

CDR_Doom
2010-03-16, 08:33 PM
Struggling back to his feet, Theirien draws upon the strength of his faith to carry him forward. Wordlessly he raises Frostsong and strikes at the drake with a savage thrusting strike.

Theirien uses his second wind, then uses piercing smite on the drake. If it hits, the drake and the construct are marked until the end of Theirien's next turn.

Reynard
2010-03-17, 12:52 AM
With a word, a burst of golden energy flies from Vondal's holy symbol, surging into Theirien, healing his wounds. He jumps away from the construct, then a second burst smashes into the remaining construct, attempting to restrain it.

Burning my action point, since we get one after this encounter anyway.
Standard #1: Healer's Word on Theirien.
Action Point:
Standard #2: Astral Seal on H1.

Deadly
2010-03-17, 04:05 AM
Reed rushes past the construct and around the drake to get into perfect position to stab the little lizard. As he does, both the lizard and construct lash our swiftly but none of them manage to hit the agile halfling. His luck unfortunately didn't last long enough to let him stab the lizard as planned, however.

Theirien stands up and draws upon all his strength to carry on as he swings his blade. Unfortunately he too has little luck in landing a strike against the little lizard.

Vondal calls upon divine aid for Theirien, before marking the construct with ill fortune.

The goblin turns around and strikes at Reed with swift precision, sinking its blade into his side.

Meanwhile the construct strikes out at Vondal, giving him a hard hit with its spiked fist.

Miss, miss, miss... :(

Theirien regains 6 hp and +2 defences until the start of his next turn. And misses...

Healing Word is only a minor action, so no need to burn an AP because of that (or you could have taken a third action).

Theirien regains 7 hp. H1 takes -2 defences until end of Vondal's turn and the next one to hit it gains 4 temp hp.

6 damage to Reed from goblin.

12 damage to Vondal from H1.

Harbek, Binderal and Domino's turn.

H1: Bloodied, -2 defences til end of Vondal's turn, 4 temp hp to next hitter
Harbek:
Domino:
Drake:
Reed: 19/25 hp
Theirien: 20/27 hp, +1 AC til end of Domino's turn, +2 defences til start of next turn
Vondal: 16/28 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief4.png

Malek
2010-03-19, 05:46 AM
Harbek pauses for a moment then sends another three blasts of divine energy at the enemies.

Move one space up then Hand of Radiance. Assume I'm acting after Bindarel/Domino - they need temp hp more than I do, so let's give them a chance at getting them :P

King Tius
2010-03-19, 08:24 AM
Binderal

Binderal shifts to K3, targets the goblin, and uses Overwhelming Strike to pull it back to K3 as he shifts to L3.

Deadly
2010-03-20, 05:41 AM
The drake snaps at Reed again, leaving a deep wound before stepping to the side and into a safer position away from Theirien.

10 damage to goblin from Binderal, and the goblin is pulled.

Domino moves to L9 and uses Shielding Cube on Drake : 11 damage, and until the end of his next turn anyone adjacent to the drake gains a +1 AC

6 damage to H1, 8 damage to Drake and 6 damage to Goblin from Harbek. Harbek moves in initiative order to right after Domino. You also end up getting the temp hp anyway, since Binderal decided to go for the goblin, and it didn't make more sense for Domino to take them than it does for you. Reed could probably have used them best, in hindsight, but that's not really possible now.

12 damage to Reed from Drake

H1: Bloodied, -2 defences til end of Vondal's turn
Domino:
Harbek: 4 temp hp
Drake: Wounded, +1 AC to adjacent enemies until end of Domino's turn
Reed: 7/25 hp, +1 AC (adj to Drake)
Theirien: 20/27 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief5.png

BobElliot
2010-03-21, 07:10 PM
Reed is certainly surprised that his daring gambit ended with so much pain, but he doesn't let the pain keep him from pursuing glory. He slinks after the goblin, attacking him where it hurts the most.

shift to J3 and sly flourish at the goblin.
Concerning the unfortunate turn of events that has left me bloodied, I regret nothing!

CDR_Doom
2010-03-22, 11:23 AM
Theirien moves after the drake, intent on its destruction. He cries a challenge in draconic and sweeps Frostsong across the drake's ribs.

moves to J5(flanks), divine challenge on the drake, holy strike on the drake

Reynard
2010-03-27, 11:08 AM
Vondal jumps around the construct, putting distance between him and it, then blasts it with divine energy that splinters off and flows into Reed.

Move: Shift to K8.
Standard: Sacred Flame (Wis v Reflex) on H1. If it hits, Reed gets 4 temporary hit points.

Deadly
2010-03-27, 01:16 PM
As Reed's attack misses the goblin, the sly little bugger slips around him. It follows up with an attack of its own, sinking its blade into his side. The little construct, almost about to fall apart from the looks of it, moves swiftly in to finish the job, but Reed thankfully manages to evade its stony fist.

Reed misses the goblin. As he does so, the goblin shifts to J2, to flank Reed.

7 damage to Drake from Theirien.

8 damage to H1 from Vondal. Reed gains 4 temp hp.

7 damage to Reed from Goblin. Thanks to the temp hp from Vondal he's still standing, though just barely.

H1 misses Reed.

Binderal, Domino and Harbek's turn.

H1: Near Death
Domino:
Drake: Bloodied, +1 AC to adjacent enemies until end of Domino's turn, challenged by Theirien
Reed: 4/25 hp, +1 AC (adj to Drake)
Theirien: 20/27 hp, +1 AC (adj to Drake)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief6.png

King Tius
2010-03-27, 11:08 PM
Binderal finishes off H1 and shifts to K2, targeting G with his Oath of Enmity.

Attack: [roll0] OR [roll1] vs AC

Deadly
2010-03-30, 04:52 AM
Binderal brings an end to the little pest of a construct, while Domino and Harbek bring the small drake to the brink of death. The scaly little beast lets out a mournful hiss, and the goblin throws up its hands "Wait wait... you not kill lizzie! We parley, yes? I offer good deal, you help me, everyone wins" it says in less than perfect Common.

Binderal destroys the little construct.

Domino's actions: Aggravating Force on Drake. 9 damage to Drake.

Harbek's Actions: Hand of Radiance. 6 damage to Drake and Goblin.

Encounter temporarily on hold on the Drake's turn.

Goblin: Wounded, Oath of Enmity
Domino:
Drake: Near Death, challenged by Theirien, +2 attack to next attacker before Domino's turn
Reed: 4/25 hp
Theirien: 20/27 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/wow/grids/chief7.png

King Tius
2010-03-30, 02:04 PM
Binderal glares down at the wounded little goblin.

"Speak quickly, Wretch. I've had enough of your tricks down here. What do you offer? It had better be worth it or I'll run you through."

Reynard
2010-03-31, 10:00 PM
"Easy, Binderal. Guard the drake, please, I'll deal with this guy."

To the goblin:"Tell me, or I'll let my friend kill you pet. Where is the thing that spoke through the statue?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

((As an aside, do we get the action point for two encounters without rest?))

Deadly
2010-04-01, 03:54 AM
((Yes, once the encounter is over (one way or the other)))

The goblin sneers "I not beaten yet, I can still take you all on alone. Many, many goblins here too. You kill me, them all will be in your face. You came for dragon, not goblins, no? Dragon is in forbidden place. We never go there, Mask forbid us. I tell my goblins to leave you alone, if you do favor for me. There is other goblin, big stupid goblin, old chief. He planning to reclaim throne, I sure. Need get rid of him, but he very strong, can't risk goblins on it. You strong too, maybe you deal with him for me and I tell goblins to leave you alone. Mask still kill you and feed you to beasts, but I not care, I hold up my end of deal."

King Tius
2010-04-03, 12:49 PM
"Who is this Mask you speak of?"

Deadly
2010-04-04, 09:20 AM
The goblin looks around suspiciously, eyeing each of you in turn "Mask is other goblin. Most of time. Sometimes not goblin, sometimes other things, even other goblins. Never speak ill of Mask around other goblins, he may be one of them. He may be one of you!" The goblin stares at you, but seems to decide that you are what you appear to be "Mask serve dragon, feed captives to beasts and take their faces. That why him called Mask. We stay out of his way, do what we told, not wanna end like captives. I send old chief to guard prison, Mask come there to take captives away you see, so me think maybe he take old chief too but old chief still there."

King Tius
2010-04-04, 09:48 PM
"An interesting story. How can we know that your goblins will keep your word and not pounce on our backs the moment we've gone by?" He turns to regard the rather silent group. "I don't know about you, but I'd rather kill the lot of them, just to be sure."

Reynard
2010-04-14, 06:11 AM
((Changes have been made on the sheet. And I'm assuming we can move past these two with out copping AoOs.))

Vondal

Vondal bears down towards the goblin, hammer at the ready.

"You know, you really should be more appreciative, little Goblin. As you know, our races rarely have time for each other that isn't spent with an axe in one hand and a shield in the other.

"So, why shouldn't we end your miserable little life?"

Moving to J3.
Diplomacy: [roll0] (Re-Roll if you want it. Original roll is in completely the wrong place. EDIT: As is this one, actually.:smallannoyed: :smallsigh:)
Well, I'm putting it diplomatically. I could have just said "Tell us something else useful or I'll smash your face in".

Boris

Boris takes position at the start of the hallway, keeping an eye on the both the doors and the prisoners.

Simply moving to L3, and readying an action to use Hand of Radiance on the Goblin and drake if either do anything aggressive.

King Tius
2010-04-14, 10:54 AM
Binderal

"This is a waste of time! Let's kill him and be on with it. I do not fear the vermin in this place."

Abraxas

"Peace, Binderal. This creature has asked to parley and we must honor that, else we are no better than these beasts." He motions to the drake with this comment.

"If this Goblin can assist us, perhaps we can even recruit the rest of his clan to bring down this dragon and this Mask."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Deadly
2010-04-15, 05:32 AM
The goblin scowls at Vondal and Binderal "And you call goblins not civilized. I offer good deal, but maybe you not smart enough to take. Maybe you have no brain. We goblins not care about you, we just wanna live in peace."

At Abraxas' suggestion the goblin shifts uneasily "You got more sense than friends. Maybe dragon in you make you smarter. But we not challenge Mask or dragon. No. They kill you, then torture us, maybe feed us to monsters for it. We just wanna live in peace. Mask and Dragon not bother us if we not bother them. If we challenge and fail, we in for lot of pain. If you go there they just assume we did good job of bringing escaped slaves back. They not torture us then."

King Tius
2010-04-15, 08:16 AM
Abraxas

The dragonborn ponders a moment and asks, "ah, but this dragon won't be upset with you and your kin for letting us pass? Surely it will learn that we fought and that you made a pact with us. What then?"

Deadly
2010-04-15, 10:54 AM
"If dragon care, I tell it you were too strong for me, so I tricked you into leaving me and other goblins alone and go fight Mask instead. If Mask not kill you, it not my fault. Dragon will think me really smart, maybe even reward me."

King Tius
2010-04-15, 12:06 PM
Abraxas turns to the rest of the group. "Well, what shall we do? I vote to give this Goblin his life in return for his services."

Binderal scoffs, "You'll be the death of us all, Brax. He can accompany us, but only if he sends his pet away and stays well enough in front of us."

Reynard
2010-04-15, 12:33 PM
((Boris is re-named Ivan, for convenience. Yes, Ivan Ivanovich.))

Well, then it won't look like we're captured slaves. As much as I dislike deception, we should try to make it look plausible. Lets loosely wrap some rope around our wrists and hide our weapons in our packs. Not tied off, just wrapped and tucked in, to make us look like prisoners. Besides, mine and Vondals weapons are mostly for emergencies, we're both still capable of channeling the might of our gods.

Aye, I suppose you're right. First sign of trouble, I will kill the goblin, though.

Deadly
2010-04-16, 03:33 AM
The goblin looks confused "You want me follow you, and pretend you prisoner? That silly. You go kill old chief, bring his head to me. Better kill little pet of his too, bring its head too. Don't want little pests sneaking around, seeking vengeance. Old chief in prison, to south where you came. I stay here, out of your hair, tell other goblins to leave you alone. You have my word."

Reynard
2010-04-16, 03:46 AM
"I don't know about taking the word of a Gobbo."

Vondal, reign your racial hate in, please. There are far bigger reasons not to trust him. Chief of which is that we just killed all his friends. But we'd have to explore that area eventually, so what's the harm of doing so now? Especially if it's a dead end."

Deadly
2010-04-16, 03:53 AM
The goblin nods "Oh yes. Dead end. No way to open door to secret tunnels from prison."

Reynard
2010-04-16, 04:04 AM
"...Secret tunnels?"

Deadly
2010-04-16, 04:17 AM
"Yes. Secret tunnels where Mask and dragon hide. Big door in prison only open from other side, not from prison side."

King Tius
2010-04-18, 07:31 PM
"Then lead on, little runt, and prove your worth."

Deadly
2010-04-19, 03:57 AM
"You go. If old chief see me with you he know something up. Maybe alone you take him by surprise. Also Mask not see me with you like that, or he think me up to trouble. Just go back way you came. Prison is to the south." The goblin points back the way you came. He seems sincere enough, although the suspicious type may of course never trust a goblin simply on principle.

King Tius
2010-04-19, 08:20 AM
"Onward, then."

We go!

Reynard
2010-04-19, 09:35 AM
Vondal shoots a look at the goblin, then follows after Ivan, Abraxas, and Binderal.

Deadly
2010-04-20, 05:01 AM
You head back the way you came, to the door on the other side of the entrance chamber. The room beyond is hazy with smoke and several goblins are busy crafting various things. Or they were. Right now they all stare at you as if expecting you to attack any moment. None of them make a move, however. In the far corner of the room a passage leads down. Since this is clearly not the prison, and there is only one way to go, you move past the worker goblins and down the wide passage. Like everything else here this passage seems much wider than one would expect from goblins.

The passage winds its way down and to the east, becoming rough stairs along the way. As you near the end of the stairs you enter into a large room. The floor here is made from polished black stone, with what looks like six large panes of thick glass set into it. Below the floor, visible through the glass, is a sort of pit. Apparently the glass panes can be opened, like trapdoors, and something thrown into the pit beneath them. No doubt this is the prison, although a very unusual one.

On the other side of the room another passage leads to a massive door of stone and metal. It doesn't appear to have any way to open it. The walls of the room are covered in moss and slime, and the floor is wet and stained with blood in places.

In a corner sits a large, brutish bugbear, gnawing the flesh off a large bone. When you enter he stands and stares at you "Whu!? How you get out of cell?" he scratches his head with the bone and blinks at you "Wait... Me not see you before..." Clearly not the brightest one

Reynard
2010-04-20, 05:23 AM
Vondal &Ivan.

"We're not prisoners, mate. We're mercenaries. Vondal Hammerhelm, at your service."

Vondal bluffs, with his +2 mod. gogogo. [roll0]

"Ivan Ivannovich."

"Mask sent us to pick up a prisoner, the old chief."

Deadly
2010-04-20, 09:31 AM
:elan: Bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid bugbear!

The bugbear looks baffled "Huh? But me no prisoner. Why Mask want me?"

King Tius
2010-04-20, 09:40 AM
OOG: haha, uh oh!

Abraxas tries to salvage the situation.

"No no, FROM the old chief. We're here to get a prisoner from you. Tell me, who do you have in your cells?"

If needed:
Bluff: [roll0]

EDIT: Bah, that's my real Bluff roll, I swear. I rolled a Diplomacy check too but realized it was unneeded.

Deadly
2010-04-20, 09:58 AM
Try not to edit posts with rolls in them. If something is wrong I'd prefer you make another post with the corrections, either here or OOC.

"Ooooh! You want dwarf" the bugbear lumbers over to the nearest glass pane and stares into the deep "He not smell good no more. Low on fresh prisoners, yes."

King Tius
2010-04-20, 10:08 AM
"Yes we'll take him. Does he have any gear or weapons? Mask wants it all."

Reynard
2010-04-20, 10:11 AM
"...Not fresh anymore? *ahem* The bugger didn't die, did 'e?"

Deadly
2010-04-21, 03:42 AM
"Yeah, he dead me think." The bugbear kneels down and pulls the thick glass tile out of the floor, opening a hole into the pit below. "His stuff safe in box over there, just like Mask want" the bugbear points to a large chest near the other corridor

Reynard
2010-04-24, 07:27 AM
Vondal.

"Did ya know some of the goblins are plannin' on killin' Mask?"

King Tius
2010-04-24, 10:30 PM
Binderal moves to check what gear the dwarf had. Abraxas checks to see if the dwarf is still alive (or can be revived by healing).

Deadly
2010-04-25, 05:31 AM
The bugbear scratches its head at Vondal's remark "They is? Why? Very bad idea. Ooooh, me see now. Is new chief! New chief too smart for own good. Goblins not need too-smart chief, goblins need strong leader to keep 'em in line. To keep 'em from doing silly things like dat." A bright idea appears to light in the eyes of the less-than-bright-looking bugbear "Oooh, me should warn Mask. Yes. Tell him of new chief's scheme. Then he kill new chief an' feed to monsters. Me take back throne. Yes." He looks at you as if noticing you for the first time "Or you kill new chief, maybe?"

The dwarf certainly looks dead, and getting him out of the pit may not be entirely easy.

Binderal finds a pair of ordinary looking shortswords and a well-used crossbow in the trunk. There is also a pair of vials with green liquids in them - although they don't seem to be completely identical - and a suit of fine, crimson leather armor.

King Tius
2010-04-28, 09:23 PM
Binderal takes the potions and the leather over to Vondal and Ivan.

"What do you make of these?"

Abraxas continues his conversation with the bugbear. "Would you help us kill new chief, or at least lead us to him?"

Reynard
2010-04-29, 02:12 PM
Vondal takes the potions, and examines them to see if they have any particular healing or poisoning properties.

Heal: [roll0]

Deadly
2010-04-29, 02:31 PM
The bugbear scratches his chin thoughtfully "Me could do that. Mask send you? Maybe he reward me for helping."

Vondal examines the two potions. While they are similar, they are not exactly identical. They both appear to ward off harmful effects, one warding against poison while the other protects against the effects of acid.

1 potion of Poison Resistance and 1 of Acid Resistance (AV p. 188)

King Tius
2010-04-29, 04:02 PM
OOG: What should we roll to ID the armor?

Deadly
2010-04-29, 04:08 PM
Arcana. In many cases you can deduce the nature of an item automatically by taking a little time to examine it, but always include a check regardless (usually arcana, but with potions heal seems reasonable too)