PDA

View Full Version : [PATHFINDER] Clerics and Combat

Fawsto
2010-01-23, 03:06 PM
Guys, my friends and I will begin playing a Pathfinder game very soon...

So, knowing that the Paladin and the Fighter got improved a lot, is it still worth it to play a combat oriented Cleric?

Clerics lost heavy armor, but they got a better weapon if they choose a interesting deity. Some spells got a little bit nerfed, like Divine Power that gives you only a virtual full BAB.

So what you guys think?

Mongoose87
2010-01-23, 03:11 PM
They're still awesome in Combat. However, the new ultimate combat priest is the War (or was it battle?) Oracle. He gets full attacks after moving.

Fawsto
2010-01-23, 03:13 PM
Pardon me, but is it a PrC?

Please, tell me more.

Takronix
2010-01-23, 03:21 PM
No, it's part of the Advanced Player's Guide open beta

arguskos
2010-01-23, 03:29 PM
No, it's part of the Advanced Player's Guide open beta
To elucidate further, The Oracle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/advanced-player-s-guide-playtest/oracle). The six classes from the Advanced Player's Guide are currently in beta, and are available on the PFSRD.

Fawsto
2010-01-23, 04:48 PM
I liked the Oracle, but sine it is still on beta, I cannot bring it to my gaming table. Also, I considered teh druid, but I like the Cleric's concept better.

But the Cleric is still a trusty melee combatent, right?

If I'd run a Combat Oriented Pathfinder Cleric, which are the good choices?

Rasman
2010-01-23, 05:26 PM
I liked the Oracle, but sine it is still on beta, I cannot bring it to my gaming table. Also, I considered teh druid, but I like the Cleric's concept better.

But the Cleric is still a trusty melee combatent, right?

If I'd run a Combat Oriented Pathfinder Cleric, which are the good choices?

from my understanding, the Cleric got a sort of missmatch of buff and nerf, so they're not TERRIBLY different from what they were in 3.5, the only class that outright got a nerf was the Druid

Gnaeus
2010-01-24, 11:53 AM
It also makes a big difference if it is just Pathfinder, or pathfinder + some 3.5 materials. Clerics have a number of swift action spells (like Blade of Blood in PHB 2) that really help a low level melee build.

OrionFaarlane
2010-10-14, 11:28 AM
I have a druid for Pathfinder and he is OP. I play with a group of 5-8 people on a rotation DM schedule. At 5th level, I had 7 attacks between myself and animal companion doing d6+6 and d8+8 damage on the attacks.

Each class has strong and weak points. If you want to play a class effectively, one must learn them. I had to 'relearn' my concept of the druid.

averagejoe
2010-10-14, 04:18 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Turn undead, and lay the necromancied thread to rest.