PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Crafting a Customized Magic Item/Weapon

Rasman
2010-01-23, 04:10 PM
I remember reading rules for creating custom magic items and weapons, but I don't rememeber where, I just looked thought the MIC and didn't see them, anyone know what book they'd be from?

Darrin
2010-01-23, 07:44 PM
I remember reading rules for creating custom magic items and weapons, but I don't rememeber where, I just looked thought the MIC and didn't see them, anyone know what book they'd be from?

Try the SRD. (http://srd.realmspire.com/magicItemsCreation.html)

herrhauptmann
2010-01-23, 07:56 PM

A custom magic weapon is pretty simple to make. It only gets a little difficult when your custom magic weapon is also enchanted like a wondrous item.

Rasman
2010-01-23, 08:18 PM
A custom magic weapon is pretty simple to make. It only gets a little difficult when your custom magic weapon is also enchanted like a wondrous item.

well, what I want is kinda complicated actually.

The idea is that, plot hook wise, it's a Quarterstaff of the Temple of Seven Mysteries, the temple in which I am from. In essense, it uses Wand Chambers, well hidden though, that allows you to channel the use of the wands though the quarterstaff, thus I could technically cast spells while weilding this quarterstaff and it makes spells interchangable, rather than static like a normal Magic Staff. I'd only be able to use wands that were level 0 or 1 spells, because I'm not a martial class, but I'm taking a feat that basically lets me use wands. The part I'm having trouble with is finding out how much this is going to cost, before the wands, or if there is a better option.

Gralamin
2010-01-23, 08:24 PM
well, what I want is kinda complicated actually.

The idea is that, plot hook wise, it's a Quarterstaff of the Temple of Seven Mysteries, the temple in which I am from. In essense, it uses Wand Chambers, well hidden though, that allows you to channel the use of the wands though the quarterstaff, thus I could technically cast spells while weilding this quarterstaff and it makes spells interchangable, rather than static like a normal Magic Staff. I'd only be able to use wands that were level 0 or 1 spells, because I'm not a martial class, but I'm taking a feat that basically lets me use wands. The part I'm having trouble with is finding out how much this is going to cost, before the wands, or if there is a better option.

It probably shouldn't be available in Item form. What you are essentially asking for is a limited class feature of Duskblade in item form.

herrhauptmann
2010-01-23, 08:27 PM
WHich book are wand chambers in again? Aren't they also usually limited to 1 per weapon?
Perhaps you can get it up to 2 for a 2handed weapon.

Anyway, are you intending to hit someone, and activate a magic missile spell at the same time? Or just wave your staff around mid combat and have a spell come out of the end? (I recommend glitterdust and grease)

Rasman
2010-01-23, 08:43 PM
WHich book are wand chambers in again? Aren't they also usually limited to 1 per weapon?
Perhaps you can get it up to 2 for a 2handed weapon.

Anyway, are you intending to hit someone, and activate a magic missile spell at the same time? Or just wave your staff around mid combat and have a spell come out of the end? (I recommend glitterdust and grease)

I found them in Dungeonscape

I'm looking for something like a healing wand and a utility wand, something like grease or knock, I haven't really decided fully, I'm just playing with the idea to see if I can make it work.