PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 build help:feat and magic item

retaliation08
2010-01-23, 04:15 PM
so far the build is: beguiler 2/ swashbuckler 3/ swordsage 3

stats:

my initial idea was to use a spiked chain, but due to only having four feats i am doubting the possibility of a semi melee controlling build.so i still need to choose a weapon.

for feats I really want combat expertise and improved feint because it will synergize well with suprise casting and my shadowhand maneuvers. that leaves me with 2 feats that I am undecided on.

so far I have used 16,000 of my allotted 30,000 gold on magic items, but that leaves me with 14,000 that i am pretty clueless on how to use. If i could get recommendations on nice single use and magic utility items to increase my versatility as a character that would be amazing.

so for things i need help figuring out:
weapon choice
2 feats
14,000 in gold

Thanks in Advance giants.

Kosjsjach
2010-01-23, 04:19 PM
Well you already have free Weapon Finesse from your Swashbuckler levels, so that should probably play a part in your weapon choice. Maybe if we knew what kind of character you were going for, your stats, etc.?

EDIT: oh, duh, your stats are that big column of numbers. Whoops.

Thefurmonger
2010-01-23, 04:23 PM
Its worth pointing out that Improved feint is not good for beguilers as the 2 feats are WAY better spent elswhere.

You should take a look at The Beguilers Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872218/-_The_New_Beguiler_Handbook_-_2008)

retaliation08
2010-01-23, 04:23 PM
I posted my stats in the initial post, though i didnt label them lol. They are in the traditional charactersheet order. I was planning on utilizing weapon finesse as well. Im going for high ac as i get dex and wis to ac, mage armor, and mithril light armor. I want a pretty mobile character and i will be using many movement maneuvers out of tigerclaw and shadowhand. Im not focused on damage as much as being versatile in combat and keeping the enemy at bay. hopefully my idea is a bit clearer now :)

retaliation08
2010-01-23, 04:24 PM
Its worth pointing out that Improved feint is not good for beguilers as the 2 feats are WAY better spent elswhere.

You should take a look at The Beguilers Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872218/-_The_New_Beguiler_Handbook_-_2008)

I did look into the beguilers handbook which actually referenced improved feint as a decent feat. I would adhere more closely to the handbook had I more levels than 2 in beguiler. for what reasons is improved feint not helping me? and what feats could i take that would be more beneficial to my build?

thanks again

Edit: ok this is a different more updated beguilers handbook than I read before. thanks