PDA

View Full Version : Caprica!

Coatl Ruu
2010-01-23, 07:50 PM
So, who saw it and what did you think? I enjoyed it, despite never having watched Battlestar Galactica (blasphemy, I know). However, it seemed to look a bit too much like present-day Earth (ie. terrorism, similar clothing). Even so, I like where it's going.

So, share your thoughts on the pilot.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-01-23, 09:05 PM
However, it seemed to look a bit too much like present-day Earth (ie. terrorism, similar clothing).
Vancouver doubling at its finest. I finally started watching Battlestar Galactica a few days ago and it's getting a bit annoying when I can name, point out and walk you to 95% of all the urban Caprica locales.

Although I think the whole point of BSG (and Caprica) is that it's modern day Earth (in space!) with no little grey aliens or tight spandex uniforms. As for the social problems, well, they don't change much century to century. They depend more on the form of government than anything else.

Starbuck_II
2010-01-23, 09:11 PM
I do think it helps fit. The people have become pretty corrupt. They have computer programs where they do ritual sacifices.

It is interesting. The girl started a religious group, but didn't realize that she accidently made a friend into a terrorist. She should have been way more specific about "what is right" and "what is wrong"!

I hope it doesn't get too sexualized like BG did. Sometimes I think shows use sex instead of plot to fill a episiode/story too often.

Kaelaroth
2010-01-24, 08:45 AM
Would love to see it. However, have no idea when it's being broadcast on the UK, and my unwillingness to watch such a long pilot online is tiresome.
So.. any ideas when fair Britannia's showing this on the tellybox?

Altair_the_Vexed
2010-01-24, 04:27 PM
SyFy have it right here -

http://www.syfy.com/rewind/?sid=1184386&eid=1195999

If you can get round the "We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available in your location" message.

(If you can - legitimately - please let me know. I'd love to watch this.)

Tyrant
2010-01-24, 04:39 PM
For those interested, the pilot was the same as the Caprica "movie" that's on DVD. Or at least when I turned it on Friday that was what was on. For those interested, there are definately parts that aren't on the broadcast version.

As for the show, I am curious to see where it goes (besides the obvious places it has to go to lign up with BSG). I watched the DVD about a week ago for the first time and I like what I see so far.

The Grue
2010-01-24, 05:16 PM
Is it an actual series now? I remember seeing the pilot/movie last year.

Voldecanter
2010-01-24, 05:17 PM
I watched that movie in the summer , it was ok , but I absolutely have this vendetta against Sci-Fi stuff , so for me to say it was ok ...is saying a lot .

Human Paragon 3
2010-01-24, 05:26 PM
Anybody else think that Eric Stoltz' character was a dead ringer for Apollo? I think that in the sex scene between Stoltz and his wife they are fathering Caroline (Bill Adama's wife, Lee's mother).