PDA

View Full Version : The plauge of Eyerilade Group 1: Fey, Shape Shifters, and Binders oh my!

Fan
2010-01-23, 09:16 PM
The news of the fortress, which had once been held in esteem against even the armies of the entire eastern province had been wiped out in a single night, came the very next day from a Hawk that died almost as soon as it delievered the message.

The city was dim, the citizens boarded their homes, and shop keeps got up, and abandoned this city near the midlands for, safer, more eastern bazzars. The Tavern had grown silent, and sullen the only remaining patrons being those who could not leave... and yourselves for whatever reason you may have. You have chosen to stay in this town regardless of the encroaching armies of these fallen gods.

However, it seems you aren't the only one with any guts left in this town, a Raptoran woman, her left arm no more then a stump, all but kicked in the door, a cocky grin on her face, and a fire of determination in her eyes as she yelled.

"OKAY! You all know that there's been no communication from the west have been all but nill for the past few weeks, and that no one has been able to get ANYTHING out of there other then some rather troubling reports. So, I, and the rest of the military are looking for a small task force, and blanketing the neighborhood as we speak for people who might fit the description we need. Any body who thinks they have the balls in here. Shut up, sober up, and get your ass to what used to be The Bazaar."

She repeats this at each home, inn, tavern, and such location in the city. For a Trope Subversion you may come from anywhere in the city so long as you answer the call.

(Sorry for the shortness, but there's been enough of a delay as is, and I wanted to get this up ASAP!)

Kallisti
2010-01-23, 09:38 PM
Kelbáeth looked up at the wounded Raptoran as she came into the inn where he was staying and gave her call to arms.

Well. Something interesting at last. It'd been nearly a year since the Hunt had last found him, and despite his better judgement he was growing rather bored.

Silent as the grave, hidden by the power of his prisoner, he followed her to the Bazaar. After all, he thought, what's life without a little excitement.

alchemyprime
2010-01-23, 09:53 PM
Denny slammed his mug of drink on the table. He didn't know what was in drink, just that he enjoyed it when the inkling of Acerak called upon him.

"Amazing! Perhaps this is the call to adventure I have been waiting for!" He looked upon the barwench glancing at him. "Maiden! When I return here, I shall have drink and feasting for an army's worth! But first, I go in the name of the Fairhaired and the Studious, the Armored and the Forlorn! TO ADVENTURE!" Denny's voice booms as he steps outside into the faintest glimmers of the day, though the clouds block most of the light, and he brings his armor upon him. He goes off to the former bazaar, readying himself. FOR ADVENTURE!

WhiteKnight777
2010-01-24, 01:00 AM
Rowan

Rowan looked at the messenger sidelong, a grin on his face... or rather, her face. At the moment, he was wearing the form of a comely elf maiden, all dark eyes and raven hair and lush, full lips ripe with promise, eyes wicked as sin. (S)he'd been leaning against the bar amidst a crowd of admirers, letting them buy drinks all night. But when the call came, he stood - and now he was a he again, a huge black-bearded bear of a man as the suitors recoiled, most of them looking as though they felt the sudden need for a bath.

"I've got more balls than anyone in this room, even when I've none at all - so what's the pay?"

Fan
2010-01-24, 01:33 AM
Rowan

Rowan looked at the messenger sidelong, a grin on his face... or rather, her face. At the moment, he was wearing the form of a comely elf maiden, all dark eyes and raven hair and lush, full lips ripe with promise, eyes wicked as sin. (S)he'd been leaning against the bar amidst a crowd of admirers, letting them buy drinks all night. But when the call came, he stood - and now he was a he again, a huge black-bearded bear of a man as the suitors recoiled, most of them looking as though they felt the sudden need for a bath.

"I've got more balls than anyone in this room, even when I've none at all - so what's the pay?"

"The pay at this point is whatever you want, though I gotta warn yah. You may not make the the cut. You may have muscle, but we're looking for a small group willing to work covertly."

She says giving him a critical eye, examining your stature, and demeanor. She shrugs then, still not realizing anything resembling your true nature, before she turns back to the crowd... If a group of 12 or so people could be called a "crowd", and picked out Denny, and Kelbaeth as potential candidates, but she had to maintain her macho facade so people didn't take her lightly just because she happened to be missing a arm.

"Anyways, if any of you other drunkards, and misfits think you have what it takes meet up at the Bazaar in 30 minuets. If you don't know where it is, then your not sober enough to come!"

She then leaves the premise, moving in a bit of a military gait, and just next door you hear a crash as she yells the exact same thing she yelled at your group. It doth seem to be a cold canvass operation after all.

WhiteKnight777
2010-01-24, 01:51 AM
Rowan

Rowan just smirks "Trust me, m'dear - I can be quieter than the night wind, when I've a need to be. I'm the most flexible fellow you'll ever meet. as a matter of fact."

As she turns to leave, he gives her a rather brazen pat on the rump and winks, slipping out the door before she can even respond, moving outside with a laugh as he heads for the bazaar.

Rowan's actually using the Protean Scourge form with its Change Shape ability to make all these shifts, in case it matters.

dangerprawn
2010-01-24, 12:31 PM
Zahara

Standing on the spire of the tallest church in the abandoned town, the cloaked and robed figure sways in the wind. The criers call echoes in the alleys and streets, the air carrying the words to where Zahara balances and meditates.

Excellent. This will be just the opportunity I need to prove to my father that he was wrong in passing over me! The invaders will burn under the deserts heat...

She shakes her head, almost losing her balance.

No. I am not her...she is dead. Still...if I prove I have mastered the sword, then Mankulan may defer to my authority.

Uncurling her leg from behind her she stands still for a moment and then steps off the spire. The ground rises up fast to meet her and the instant before she hits the streets wings of fire burst from her robes. She glides to a stop, feet lightly touching down as the wings fade into ash.

Her hands drawn inside the robes, she walks through the quiet streets to the bazaar.

alchemyprime
2010-01-27, 04:36 PM
Denny looks around the streets.

"Such colors! Such winds! So many dark clouds! This is a grand experience compared to the library."

He then sees the one armed woman run past.

"Woman! Wait! I wish to ask of you! Where be the ex-bazaar! And what sort of threat may we be facing?"

Good Denny... ask for information. It is always your best tool... the gravelly voice of Savnok said in his head.

And it is the tool of every mage as well. You were taught well. Piped in Acerak.

Not now, you two! Denny thought at his internal spirits.

Fan
2010-01-28, 10:36 AM
(Well, I was waiting on Krimm Blackleaf, but apparently he's having some home issues that wont be solved for the foreseeable future... :smallfrown:

Ah well, live and lose. Cest le' vie. )

The woman turns to see Denny, and for a second it looks like she's about to sock you in the face, thinking you to be a attack of some sort. However, when you declare that you are simply asking for directions, she gestures with her one slightly clawed hand north east, indicating a myriad of winding streets and path ways that are for the most part clear except for a hobo or two.

"Take that road there, and head along the path till you see Mama Dolce's pies, and then take a right along the path until you see a large clearing in this concrete jungle. Sam, and his buddies will be waiting to check you out there."

She then shrugs, and assuming that's all you wanted, proceeds to walk off to bang on another houses door.

alchemyprime
2010-01-28, 09:38 PM
Denny nods and runs to the bazaar, getting rid of his armor for the time being to save on energy.

Once he got there, he began looking around and yelled "Who is it that calls himself 'Sam'? I was sent to find him!"

alchemyprime
2010-02-03, 09:28 PM
(Bump for this game. Because I wanna keep it.)

Kallisti
2010-02-11, 06:37 PM
Kelbaeth shimmers into visibility and steps out into the light, wincing a little as it strikes him. "Which among you is Sam? I have some questions for him."