PDA

View Full Version : Gladiatorial Combat: a mini-something

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-23, 09:34 PM
I have started working on a... mini-comic-thing that isn't really a comic, because it has no plot, therefore I don't think it goes in Fan Comics, but it is OOTS style and... OK, let's just skip right to the point. I would like 8 descriptions of first level D&D characters, with no descriptions of clothes.(I have ideas for how they'll be clothed.) Classes are mandatory(I need them for clothing the character), and race would be appreciated, though not needed.

Races I can do: , goblin, and hobgoblin.
Classes I can do: [base classes from the Player's Handbook 3.5][classes from the Player's Handbook II]

Characters:
[B]Maximum Zersk
Darklord Bright

Bold means it's the one I'm currently working on.
Red means I haven't started it yet.
Green means I've completed it.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-23, 09:38 PM
Changeling bard (focus on diplomancy).

Gamerlord
2010-01-23, 09:44 PM
Hobgoblin pyromaniac illusionist.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-23, 09:44 PM
Male? Female? Hair color? Skin color? Preferred weapon? Also, I don't know changelings, so maybe I should confirm: Any of the base races.

Darklord Bright
2010-01-23, 09:58 PM
Female Dwarf Wizard could be an entertaining combination.

Edit: Also, I would suggest braids for the hair, which should be a reddy brown.

Lycan 01
2010-01-23, 10:04 PM
Blind Eladrin Wizard. Female, long white hair, light skin tone, black eyes. Prefers magic staff, but can use a longsword. Very quiet and pensive. Thinks things through. Hates idiocy.

Drunk Kobold Fighter. Male, orange scales, wields a pickaxe. Loud and obnoxious. Gets ahead of himself, and has a temper. Bit of a womanizer.

Yay? Nay? More? :smallconfused:

Maximum Zersk
2010-01-23, 10:06 PM
Male Brown-skinned Blond-Haired Elf. Preferred weapon: Warhammer.

Make him enjoy 40k very much. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Also, I see you've finally gotten into working on this.

Kurien
2010-01-23, 10:09 PM
Talrea
Female Elfling (half-elf/half-halfling) Ranger (13)
Specializes in shortbows.
Medium Dark skin, pale blond hair.
Favoured enemies: Undead, Abberations, Constructs

Mordokai
2010-01-24, 01:52 AM
Female Elfling (half-elf/half-halfling) Ranger (13)

534.Elves and halflings cannot breed. There are no elflings. No dwarflings, either.
535.Don't even think about orclings.

With that out of way... :smalltongue:

Goliath male rogue, very clumsy, but very dedicated to the cause. When he fails to be sneaky, he just bashes some heads in.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-24, 10:15 AM
Bleh! So many, so fast!
EDIT: Maximum Zersk, what's 40k?:smallconfused:

Lycan 01
2010-01-24, 02:49 PM
Warhammer 40K (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/home.jsp) is a sci-fi table-top setting that is basically the most grim and dark war game every mad. In the year 40,000, the Imperium of man wages war in the name of their mostly-dead Emperor, who's basically a Lich in the best case scenario, against countless foes, including uber-violent and trigger-happy Orks, mysterious and powerful space elves known as Eldar, demon-possessed power-armored super-soldiers of Chaos, a ever-spreading plague of ravenous bio-organic weapons known as Tyranids, and a few other interesting and utterly terrifying foes I'm too lazy to talk about. :smalltongue:

In short, its a game where the regular infantry grunt has a chainsword and a semi-auto RPG pistol as his standard issue equipment, and it only gets crazier as you climb the chain of command. Oh, and demons can claw their way out of your skull if you get to close to a psychic. Or an Ork may decide to try out his new "kustom mega-blasta" on you. Or a Chaos Marine may rip you in half and mount your still twitching torso on his shoulder as his latest trophy. Orrrr... Okay, I'll stop now.

In short, its the best thing ever created. :smallbiggrin:

Btw, which ideas of ours do you like thus far? :smallsmile:

Maximum Zersk
2010-01-24, 04:16 PM
Lycan, in your explanation of 40k you forgot something about orks...

...DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA...

But seriously it is dark. Really dark. As TVtropes puts it:

Warhammer 40,000 is not a happy place. Rather than just being Darker And Edgier, it paints itself black, takes a running jump and hurls itself head first over the edge, bellowing "WAAAGH". The Imperium of Man is an oppressive, stark, and downright miserable place to live in where, for far too many people, living isn't something to do till you die, but something to do till something comes around and kills you in an unbelievably horrible way - quite probably something on your own side. The Messiah has been locked up on life support for the past ten millennia, laid low by his most beloved son, and an incomprehensibly vast Church Militant commits hourly atrocities in his name.

John Cribati
2010-01-24, 09:43 PM
Female Quarterling (Half Halfling/Half Human) Cleric/Monk

Think about that. You can Inflict Critical Wounds with a Stunning Fist.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-01-25, 09:39 PM
Warhammer 40K (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/home.jsp) is a sci-fi table-top setting that is basically the most grim and dark war game every mad. In the year 40,000, the Imperium of man wages war in the name of their mostly-dead Emperor, who's basically a Lich in the best case scenario, against countless foes, including uber-violent and trigger-happy Orks, mysterious and powerful space elves known as Eldar, demon-possessed power-armored super-soldiers of Chaos, a ever-spreading plague of ravenous bio-organic weapons known as Tyranids, and a few other interesting and utterly terrifying foes I'm too lazy to talk about. :smalltongue:

In short, its a game where the regular infantry grunt has a chainsword and a semi-auto RPG pistol as his standard issue equipment, and it only gets crazier as you climb the chain of command. Oh, and demons can claw their way out of your skull if you get to close to a psychic. Or an Ork may decide to try out his new "kustom mega-blasta" on you. Or a Chaos Marine may rip you in half and mount your still twitching torso on his shoulder as his latest trophy. Orrrr... Okay, I'll stop now.

In short, its the best thing ever created. :smallbiggrin:

Btw, which ideas of ours do you like thus far? :smallsmile:

Maximum Zersk's, as it's the only one that I can do, as I either do not know the race, or there was not enough description.

Time for frustrated rant.
<rant>
OK, I specifically said in the first post: FIRST LEVEL! *deep breaths* OK, I'm sorry for that, but also, I said the races I can do are: Races from the Player's Handbook 3.5, goblin, and hobgoblin. Maybe I should say the classes I can do are: Classes from the Player's Handbook 3.5, and classes specifically described in the Player's Handbook II.
</rant>
Frustrated rant is over.
I'm sorry.:smallfrown:

Vulion
2010-01-26, 02:04 AM
Female Dwarf Wizard could be an entertaining combination.

Edit: Also, I would suggest braids for the hair, which should be a reddy brown.

Ironically, I drew something exactly like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/DnDDrawingSession4.jpg