PDA

View Full Version : DnD 3.5: Calling a Lance

Xenogears
2010-01-24, 12:05 AM
So does anyone know of a way I could stab someone with a Lance, activate the Fleshgrinding ability and then if someone pulls it out have it come back to me. Some way to summon it back after it's done grinding into them.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-24, 12:11 AM
I think one of the weapon augment crystals does that...not sure.

Drawmij's Instant Summons could work, but requires a level in arcane caster and is expensive.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-24, 12:18 AM
I think one of the weapon augment crystals does that...not sure.

Drawmij's Instant Summons could work, but requires a level in arcane caster and is expensive.

The augment crystal does indeed exist. Only works if you're within 30ft, and requires a Standard Action to use, but oh well.

faceroll
2010-01-24, 12:18 AM
There's an enhancement called Calling. Don't know where it is or what it does, though.

Lycanthromancer
2010-01-24, 01:32 AM
A psychic warrior with the soulbound weapon ACF could do it if they manifested call weaponry.

Darrin
2010-01-24, 07:20 AM
The augment crystal does indeed exist. Only works if you're within 30ft, and requires a Standard Action to use, but oh well.

The Lesser Crystal of Return (1000 GP, MIC p. 65) takes a move action to activate. Range is 30', but only works if its unattended.

The Called property (+2000 GP, MIC p. 9) can only be applied to armor or shields, and takes a standard action to activate. It works so long as the item and the owner are on the same plane, but stops working if someone else wears the armor or shield.

I'd suggest taking a look at the Flying property (+1 bonus, Magic of Faerun p. 140). It turns the weapon into an animated object with a 30' fly speed, and it follows simple commands, such as an unseen servant or animated skeleton. "Come back to my hand" should be well within its capabilities.