PDA

View Full Version : The Endless Dungeon - Aldgar

Tyndmyr
2010-01-24, 10:10 AM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/Starting.jpg

You awaken in the center of a 10ft by 15ft room with stone walls, ceilings, and floors. A torch is burning on the wall behind you, while the other three walls have closed, metal doors with brackets allowing you to bar them from the inside. Unfortunately, only two metal rods are lying on the floor.

Aldgar
2010-01-24, 10:52 AM
Pigeon binds Naberius:

Binding Check:
[roll0] vs DC 15

With Naberius successfully bound, Pigeon opens all doors, leaving the metal bars on the ground.

She then walks north, shouting in all languages known to her(Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Orc): "I come in PEACE!"

Diplomacy check to convince whoever can hear and understand Pigeon of the truth of her words:

Take ten(Naberious allows to take ten on bluff/diplomacy, and also allows rushed diplomacy at no penalty as standard action) for a result of 28.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-24, 11:12 AM
I like this tactic. :smallbiggrin:

You enter a 10ft wide room, 30 ft long, with another wooden door on the far side. In the room is four kobolds(F1, E1, E2, C2). A small fire is flickering on the floor(D2).

http://travislerol.com/D&D/NorthDoor.jpg

The kobolds start in surprise as you enter, then look at you suspiciously and ask you in draconic "Why have you come here?"

OOC: Auto-raised them all from hostile to unfriendly.

Aldgar
2010-01-24, 11:28 AM
So that it remains easily accessible:
Pigeon (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=33939)

In draconic: "I have come to liberate all those that are trapped in this dreadful place and lead them to freedom. I'm sure there will be many challenges on the way, perhaps even some who violently oppose my quest, but also many riches and great rewards for those who decide to accompany me.

Do you want to earn your share?"

#EDIT:

Again, Diplomacy 28 to convince them of this deal:

"Go adventuring/exploring with me and get paid with massive shares of loot".

Aldgar
2010-01-26, 12:12 AM
Err, bump?

Acanous
2010-01-27, 12:39 AM
>.>
<.<
(I think something happened to Tyndmyr)

Tyndmyr
2010-02-01, 12:35 AM
28 eh? No point rolling, they can't match that.

After a bit of conferring among themselves, they come to the conclusion that while they're not thrilled about this situation, they do want to get out of here, and the odds will be better together than separate.

Check the forum in my sig for all the crunch regarding diplomancy, it'll likely come in handy, but all four of these will happily come with you.

Aldgar
2010-02-01, 05:05 AM
Pigeon leads them north, shouting her "I come in Peace" message in all known languages.

Pigeon will now explore the dungeon until she triggers a trap, or meets the next encounter.

If she meets mindless creatures, or undead, or constructs, which cannot be diplomanced(or possibly simply do not know any of Pigeon's languages), she will command her minions to attack them.

Tyndmyr
2010-02-14, 10:26 PM
You enter a 10ft by 10ft room, with a spear wielding Kobold(A2) guarding a chest(A1), after auto-raising him to unfriendly(also via speaking in kobold).

If you make the same offer as you made his friends, as I presume is coming, you'll auto-pass, especially since you have a circumstance bonus for his buddies being with you.

OOC: For future reference, what's the order in which you generally try the languages? It's not important for these kobolds, since they tend to stay in their rooms, but not all of the monsters have the same behavior sets.

Aldgar
2010-02-20, 04:59 AM
The language order is alphabetically, so:
#1 - Common
#2 - Draconic
#3 - Dwarven
#4 - Elven
#5 - Orc

Pigeon uses her disguise self ability(SLA from naberius) to disguise herself as a kobold:

[roll0] Disguise check

She then proceeds to explore the dungeon as self-proclaimed kobold messiah, her five kobold lackeys. She tells her kobold lackeys to open the chest and take the belongings for themselves, as they are likely going to need these.

Proceed "exploration mode"(Pigeon explores, shouting her message, until next trap/encounter).