PDA

View Full Version : Ordained Champion help (3.5)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-24, 05:14 PM
I am building a cleric for a game, my intention is to be a DMM Clericzilla (already allowed by my DM :biggrin:) and I hope the playground is willing to give me some of the much apreciated insight.

The game is supposed to be 20 lvl long starting from 1

This are my stats
(4d6b3)[12] CON
(4d6b3)[16] WIS
(4d6b3)[11] INT
(4d6b3)[8] CHA
(4d6b3)[12] DEX
(4d6b3)[15] STR

Right now I am thinking of being a human cloistered cleric of hextor with the planning and war domains and trading knowledge for knowledge devotion, getting into ordained champion as soon as posible (I believe at level 5), nabbing the law domain.

So any tips? ideas, things I should consider, this will be my first cleric, and if it helps the party is a Paladin going into justiciar and another cleric, we may get another player but thats not sure.

Anyways Thanks in advance

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-25, 02:32 PM
Bump.

No help for the cleregy of hextor? :smallfrown:

JeenLeen
2010-01-25, 02:41 PM
So any tips? ideas, things I should consider, this will be my first cleric, and if it helps the party is a Paladin going into justiciar and another cleric, we may get another player but thats not sure.

Anyways Thanks in advance

Can a Paladin associate with a cleric of Hextor, and what diety is the other cleric? You could be LN and thus be non-evil for the Paladin; I don't recall if Ordained Champion requires you to be the exact alignment of your diety.

I question prioritizing Strength over Con, but that seems fair. Do you plan on going for the uber-charger DMM form? If so, there's the line of feats for that (Power Attack - Leap Attack - and I forget the final one, to my shame).

Contemplative is sometimes used as a dip for an additional domain, and can help give you more turn attempts for DMM. Your BAB will suffer, but Divine Power takes care of that.

FishAreWet
2010-01-25, 02:53 PM
Why is your Cha 8 if you're making a DMM build?

JeenLeen
2010-01-25, 03:40 PM
Why is your Cha 8 if you're making a DMM build?

Int probably would make the best dump stat. Knowledge Devotion does make the skill points for Knowledge skills helpful, Cloistered Cleric's extra skill points compensates for it in part. I would recommend Human for the starting bonus skill points.

Able Learner (Races of Destiny) might be a good feat for you, especially if you dip into a class that gives all knowledges as class skills (or does Cloistered do this).

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-25, 05:29 PM
@JeenLeen: I prioritized STR because I am planning on front-lining not sure If I am going to get the full charger build but at least I wanted to get Power Attack

Also I am going to be lawful neutral as to not make the paladin fall, as the other cleric I don't remember which god he will be worshiping, possibly Pelor since I think he will be an undead-hater.

I dumped charisma as an oversight, I'll reverse Dex and Cha.

My planned feats for level 1 are

1: Extra Turning
Human: Persist Spell
Planning Domain: Extend Spell
War Domain: Weapon Focus (Heavy Flail)
Knowledge Domain: Trae for Knowledge devotion
Flaw:Divine Metamagic Persist Spell

AslanCross
2010-01-25, 05:57 PM
Can a Paladin associate with a cleric of Hextor, and what diety is the other cleric? You could be LN and thus be non-evil for the Paladin; I don't recall if Ordained Champion requires you to be the exact alignment of your diety.

Ordained Champion allows LN. The sample character (as reliable as those tend to be) is LN.