PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Disciple [3.5 Bard ACF] (WIP, help appreciated)

Fortuna
2010-01-24, 10:49 PM
"You really don't get it, do you? Some people don't want to wander from piece to piece. Some people want to understand one artist, to know the heart and soul of their music. People like me."
An anonymous Bardic Disciple.

Bardic Disciples are unusual, being those bards that focus on the works of one musician or musical group, infusing their music with magic.

Class Features

A Bardic Disciple loses all usual applications of Bardic Music. Instead, they gain a selection of songs based on their chosen artist. Some common choices are listed below. The songs are divided by the number of ranks in Perform required to use them. The Bardic Disciple must also have a number of Bardic Disciple levels equal to the required number of ranks-3.

Disciple of Simon and Garfunkel

4 ranks
Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall: If you expend a daily use of bardic music to perform this song, then all enemies making saves against Illusion or Enchantment effects must save against the higher of your Perform modifier or the usual DC. This lasts for as long as you sing + 5 rounds.

Mrs. Robinson: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes all allies that can hear the song to gain a +1 bonus to AC and all saves. At eighth level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1. This bonus is sacred if the bard is good, profane if the bard is evil, or the bard's choice of sacred or profane if the bard is neutral.

Richard Corey: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes enemies that hear it to despair of their positions and lives, forcing them to deal their base weapon damage to themselves unless they make a Will save with a DC equal to your Perform modifier. Once an enemy is targeted by this effect they may not be effected by the same bard with Richard Corey for 24 hours.

6 ranks

The 59th Street Bridge Song: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes all allies that can hear you to be immune to pain effects for as long as you perform + 5 rounds.

9 ranks

Cloudy: Having expended a daily use of bardic music to sing this song, you cause a Fog Cloud (as the spell) to cover a 30' radius area around you for as long as you perform + 5 rounds. This does not hinder your vision at all.

12 ranks

Leaves That Are Green: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes all enemies that hear you to be forced to make a Fortitude save (DC equals your Perform modifier) or take a -6 penalty to Strength, Dexterity or Constitution (your choice) until 5 rounds after your performance ends. For every ten points by which they miss the DC you may inflict a penalty to another of those ability scores (natural 1s count as 0 for this purpose).

15 ranks

Somewhere They Can't Find Me: By expending a daily use of bardic music, you may cause all allies that hear you to become Invisible and Silenced as the spells. Each ally may choose not to be affected by one or both of these effects when you begin your performance. Although you may choose to become invisible, you may not choose to be silenced. This lasts until 5 rounds after your performance ends.

18 ranks

Blessed: Expending a daily use of bardic music allows you to cause all allies that hear your performance to gain a +3 bonus to weapon damage and to-hit rolls. This increases to a +4 bonus at 20th level. The bonus is sacred (if the bard is good), profane (if the bard is evil) or the bard's choice between these two (if the bard is neither). All or some damage dealt by an ally by a given hit or spell may, at your discretion, be changed to vile (if the bonus if profane) or exalted (if the bonus is sacred) damage.

21 ranks

Bye Bye Love: Expending a daily use of bardic music on this song allows you to cause all enemies that hear your performance to make a Will save or suffer the effects of Otto's Irresistible Dance in addition to falling prone, becoming overwhelmed with sadness. The save DC is equal to your Perform modifier.

So that's the basic idea. I need more people to help come up with other people to be disciples of, along with songs. I should probably also fix this up a little, but I'll do that later.

arguskos
2010-01-24, 11:07 PM
Lynard Skynard and the Charlie Daniels Band both need to exist here.

DracoDei
2010-01-24, 11:30 PM
If you want popular, go for Elvis and the Beatles as paths...

I also think that Meatloaf could make for an interesting Path...

Fortuna
2010-01-24, 11:48 PM
I was thinking of doing some classic Kiwi bands, actually. I may do the Beatles after Crowded House, though.

The Tygre
2010-01-24, 11:51 PM
I also think that Meatloaf could make for an interesting Path...

OH! OH! OH BOOP YES! Draco I could kiss you right now!

DracoDei
2010-01-25, 07:39 AM
Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall: If you expend a daily use of bardic music to perform this song, then all enemies making saves against Illusion or Enchantment effects must save against the higher of your Perform check or the usual DC. This lasts for as long as you sing + 5 rounds.
Obscenely broken in combination with Shadow, Charm, and Dominate type spells, as well as Phantasmal Killer.

Mrs. Robinson: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes all allies that can hear the song to gain a +1 bonus to AC and all saves. At eighth level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1. This bonus is sacred if the bard is good, profane if the bard is evil, or the bard's choice of sacred or profane if the bard is neutral.

Reasonable I guess.

Richard Corey: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes enemies that hear it to despair of their positions and lives, forcing them to deal 1/2 their base weapon damage to themselves unless they make a Will save with a DC equal to your Perform check. Once an enemy is targeted by this effect they may not be effected by the same bard with Richard Corey for 24 hours.

Eh... nice against glass-cannon melee-ists (assuming it works on natural weapons... if not it is basically worthless, and you should at least make it full damage).

The 59th Street Bridge Song: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes all allies that can hear you to be immune to fear effects for as long as you perform + 5 rounds.

You make Paladin's cry...

Cloudy: Having expended a daily use of bardic music to sing this song, you cause a Fog Cloud (as the spell) to cover a 30' radius area around you for as long as you perform + 5 rounds. This does not hinder your vision at all.

Well, since the can locate you by sound... balanced against the fact that you are giving out free concealment... I dunno...

Leaves That Are Green: Expending a daily use of bardic music to perform this song causes all enemies that hear you to be forced to make a Fortitude save (DC equals your Perform check) or take a -6 penalty to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution until 5 rounds after your performance ends.

OUCH!... save might as well not exist and that is about 3 2nd or 3rd level spells there...

Somewhere They Can't Find Me: By expending a daily use of bardic music, you may cause all allies that hear you to become Invisible and Silenced as the spells. Each ally may choose not to be affected by one or both of these effects when you begin your performance. Although you may choose to become invisible, you may not choose to be silenced. This lasts until 5 rounds after your performance ends.

Are you sure you don't mean Invisibility, Greater? Still, a pretty good ability...

Blessed: Expending a daily use of bardic music allows you to cause all allies that hear your performance to gain the bonus from Mrs. Robinson to weapon damage and to-hit rolls. All or some damage dealt by an ally by a given hit or spell may, at your discretion, be changed to vile (if the bonus if profane) or exalted (if the bonus is sacred) damage.

Don't say it this way... list the means of calculating it again.

Bye Bye Love: Expending a daily use of bardic music on this song allows you to cause all enemies that hear your performance to make a Will save or suffer the effects of Otto's Irresistible Dance in addition to falling prone, becoming overwhelmed with sadness.

Again, the save DC is going to be REALLY high...

Fortuna
2010-01-25, 03:16 PM
Fixed it up a bit. I've taken Draco's advice into account.