PDA

View Full Version : Divine Metamagic Fuel

Coy
2010-01-25, 07:29 AM
In terms of what you can expend in order to fuel divine metamagic, what qualifies?

Obviously the normal turn/rebuke attempts per day.

What about turn/rebuke granted by domain? Is it reasonable to suggest you can use these?(earth, air, plant etc.)

any items worth look at? or ACF's?

All comments/suggestions appreciated.

Kol Korran
2010-01-25, 07:32 AM
in case people haven't ninja'd me, you can look at night sticks, from libris mortis, who give you extra turning attempts.

but using them and divine metamagic is generally considered fairly cheesy, especially with persist spell

Optimystik
2010-01-25, 07:37 AM
As above, Nightsticks are all you need (if you can acquire them.)

You'll also want Extra Turning.

Jack_Simth
2010-01-25, 07:53 AM
In terms of what you can expend in order to fuel divine metamagic, what qualifies?

Obviously the normal turn/rebuke attempts per day.

What about turn/rebuke granted by domain? Is it reasonable to suggest you can use these?(earth, air, plant etc.)

any items worth look at? or ACF's?

All comments/suggestions appreciated.
Well, the Divine Metamagic feat very clearly specifies Turn Undead attempts, so the Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Plant, et cetera domain turnings are out.

As for items? Nightsticks (Libris Mortis) has been mentioned, as has the feat "Extra Turning" (Core - PHB).

Optimystik
2010-01-25, 07:57 AM
Note also that you can gain Extra Turning as a bonus feat if you take the Undeath domain, freeing up a feat.

Cyclocone
2010-01-25, 08:12 AM
As has been noted, Nightsticks are the batteries that fuel the Energizer Cleric.

Also not that some PrCs like Sacred Exorcist give their own sepperate supply of turning.

But instead of making a huge list I'll just redirect you to the Comprehensive Guide to Turning (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872990/Comprehensive_Guide_to_Turning).

Optimystik
2010-01-25, 08:19 AM
Also not that some PrCs like Sacred Exorcist give their own sepperate supply of turning.

Not exactly - it's only separate if you don't already have the ability. If you do, you get no additional turn attempts - it merely increases the effectiveness of the ones you do have.

In other words, your base amount of turn attempts is equal to 3 + Cha modifier, and Sacred Exorcist doesn't change that (except to give you the ability if you don't have it.)

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-01-26, 02:10 AM
If nightsticks provent you from becoming the twice betrayers, maximize your turning pools. Then max your feats and reformat them into extra turning.

I'm pretty sure no one besides me has calculated that max. It looks like this: 13 turn pools (37+cha*12) + 4*X extra turnings

14 is an easy number of extra turnings. It is possible to increase this with cheese.