PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac & Dinosaurs

SolkaTruesilver
2010-01-25, 09:03 AM
I remember fondly this T.V. show, but after reading the TvTropes entry, I thought that some people here might want to talk about it.

Because, come on! Road Warrior Meet Jurassic Park! High-tech! Dinosaures! Classic cars! What's not to like, people? :smallbiggrin:

Anybody tried the RPG?

Did the story ever "ended", or was it simply dropped off? :smallconfused:

Who would like to see a movie of the premise? Probably made with Avatar-technologies...

Jyrnn
2010-01-28, 08:24 PM
I don't remember much of the cartoon beyond the obvious: that there were old American cars and crazy dinosaurs in a jungle setting. Before it was a cartoon it was a comic series so if you need closure you might look to hunting down that.

It was drawn by Sam Kieth, the same guy who wrote and drew "The Maxx."

SolkaTruesilver
2010-01-28, 08:33 PM
I don't remember much of the cartoon beyond the obvious: that there were old American cars and crazy dinosaurs in a jungle setting. Before it was a cartoon it was a comic series so if you need closure you might look to hunting down that.

It was drawn by Sam Kieth, the same guy who wrote and drew "The Maxx."

And what is "The Maxx"? :)

Starscream
2010-01-28, 09:23 PM
I actually remember this one. No one else believes that it existed. The title seems like a joke.

Jimp
2010-01-28, 09:25 PM
This is was one of my favourite shows growing up. Alongside the animated Battletech series, Jason's Wheeled Warriors and a load of other awesome cartoons whose names I can't remember but whose visuals I will never forget.

celticbushido
2010-01-29, 12:34 AM
And what is "The Maxx"? :)

The Maxx is a very weird comic book series published by Image Comics, it was also adapted into an animated series by MTV. The titular character is a big purple guy with some pretty wicked claws. Not the traditional superhero stuff the Maxx dealt a lot with the shaping of reality via the subconscious, sexism, death, spirit animals, and the dangers of trying to escape too far into fantasy. You should check it out, it's not for everyone but it's worth reading if you're into comics as literature. I believe almost the entire series has been collected into trade paperback so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Otogi
2010-01-29, 05:52 AM
All I remember was the arcade game, but if it was any indication on the show, then the show must have been awesome!

Jyrnn
2010-01-31, 10:39 PM
After a bit of further research I discovered the comic print of "Cadillacs & Dinosaurs" went by the title "Xenozoic Tales." In 2003 Dark Horse comics complied them into two trade paperbacks volumes. So more of the story is out there somewhere.