Buff rounds: go with 4+all day, then?

Map:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4343/arena2i.gif

theterran
2010-01-25, 10:42 AM
Fine with me. :smallsmile:

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 10:47 AM
Rolling for time of day - 1, it's day, 2, it's night. I'm alright with it having a mechanical effect or not: I just need the information for a feat I have. [roll0]

Initiative:
[roll1]

Buff rounds/all day:
All day: drawing a fruit from the cornucopia. [roll2]

Round 1: Use Aura of shade to gain a buffer of 156 damage against cold damage.
Round 2: Standard action to use Thoughts of Shadow for +4 to Charisma.
Round 3: Standard action to use Flood of Shadows, centered on the starting place. (20 ft spread, 130 minutes.)
Round 4: Move action, Hide in plain sight: [roll3]. Standard: use supernatural ability Dancing Shadows to gain Total Concealment for 13 rounds.

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 10:50 AM
I'll start on the western side, in:
Z10.

theterran
2010-01-25, 10:57 AM
Alright, we start with LoS on this map, unless we're doing natural darkness, which I would advise against, as the LoS scenario would be such a pain...besides, I have mindsight :smallwink:

[roll0]

All Day Buffs:
Greater Mage Armor
Superior Resistance

4 Buffing Rounds:

1 - Shield
2 - Forceward
3 - Use Karma Bead / Spell Resistance
4 - Spellcaster's Bane / Fly

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 11:11 AM
I think that means that I start. Unless your mindsight goes beyond 100 ft, you do not detect my character.

My turn:
Standard action to use Control winds version of Dark air or water with a 20 ft spread eye of calm air, centered on the starting point. The Control winds is centered on the eye, with a radius of 640 feet and tornado force winds. Rotation counter-clockwise.

Make a Fort save DC 30 to avoid being picked up and drawn into the funnel cloud of the tornado that suddenly surrounds you and everything else in about... 150 feet towards east, and 450 towards west..

If you fail, you will be thrown around for [roll0] rounds, taking 6d6 damage a round.

theterran
2010-01-25, 11:14 AM
:eek:

wow...ok...

[roll0]

theterran
2010-01-25, 11:15 AM
Since there's LoS at the beginning, do I get any glimpse of what you might be doing?

Nevermind, my darkvision isn't that far...

(edit)

So is that more or less it? :smallannoyed:

I'm not exactly what actions I can take while trapped in a tornado...

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 11:19 AM
Umm. If you have True seeing, you might try a spot check.

Otherwise? Probably not.

theterran
2010-01-25, 11:19 AM
See my edits :smallsmile:

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 11:28 AM
Well, I guess you could cast if you can make the concentration checks. Not sure what the DC would be, though. 10+half damage dealt on last round, as per continuous damage? DC 20, extraordinarily violent motion? Beats me.

Either that or weather (bad pun, I know) out 60d6 damage.

If you like, we can take a rematch afterwards... Without me using that effect.

theterran
2010-01-25, 11:36 AM
We'll just call that match...as I can't see you, and I can't get out of this thing...

We'll go rematch, and you can use it again if you'd like. :smallsmile:

same as before, all day +4 buff rounds?

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 11:41 AM
Sure.

Buffs:

All day: drawing a fruit from the cornucopia. [roll0]

Round 1: Devour the fruit from cornucopia OR, if one of the instant effects (heal, break enchantment) use Aura of shade to gain a buffer of 156 damage against cold damage.
Round 2: Standard action to use Thoughts of Shadow for +4 to Charisma.
Round 3: Standard action to use Flood of Shadows, centered on the starting place. (20 ft spread, 130 minutes.)
Round 4: Move action, Hide in plain sight: [roll1]. Standard: use supernatural ability Dancing Shadows to gain Total Concealment for 13 rounds.

I'll start in the west again. Same starting location (it's in the previous spoiler).

Rolling for time of day - 1, it's day, 2, it's night. I'm alright with it having a mechanical effect or not: I just need the information for a feat I have. [roll2]

Initiative:
[roll3]

Ready to roll.

theterran
2010-01-25, 11:56 AM
I can't beat that Initiative...

Buffs

Greater Mage Armor (all-day)
Superior Spell Resistance (all-day)

1 - Karma Beads, Shield
2 - Dragonskin (green)
3 - Spell Resistance
4 - Spellcaster's Bane, Conviction

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 12:07 PM
Actions:
Move to Z6. Cast Ephemeral image to the center of Flood of shadows.

At Y10, a gnomish creature appears. It is shrouded in shadows, wearing a wizard hat, a cloak - apparently - made of stone, some pouches, a belt and gauntlets.

Do I see you, by the way?

theterran
2010-01-25, 12:10 PM
Yep.

In B-10, you see a kobald with dull-black scales...he wears simple clothes, a belt, and a cloak.

(FYI, Y10 is on the eastern side)

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 12:25 PM
Further actions:
Swift action to activate Belt of Battle, standard action to channel Maximized Afraid of the Dark via ephemeral image. Flood of shadows empowers the spell.

Although you see no visible actions on the behalf of the gnome, suddenly a shadowy image of yourself appears before you, reaching out to touch you. Then the image vanishes. Take 9+[roll0] Wisdom damage, with a Will save DC 18 halving the effect. Spell resistance does not apply, but immunity to mind-affecting negates it.

End of turn, barring immediate actions.

theterran
2010-01-25, 12:42 PM
Interesting...

[roll0]

theterran
2010-01-25, 12:51 PM
My go I guess.

Cast a spell DC:16
Swift Expeditious Retreat

I move from A10 to H3. and cast a spell.

Cast Greater Invisibility

I vanish from view (what modes of vision / perception do you have?)

Note that my Mindsight covers move of the map now, accept for the bottom right corner. so could I please get an INT score and what race you are (incase the gnome is a disguise :smallwink:)

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 01:10 PM
First, a spellcraft check for the first. Does the second one also grant spellcraft?

#1: [roll0]
#2 (if applies, won't open the spoiler before you tell me to do so): [roll1]

Immediate action pending, but to your surprise your Mindsight detects no intelligence at Y10. Instead, you detect a humanoid with an intelligence of 17 at Z6.

Senses? Currently none to speak of, apart from Darkvision. This may change soon.

theterran
2010-01-25, 01:14 PM
#1 Swift Expeditious Retreat
#2 Greater Invisibilty

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 01:17 PM
Right. Make a caster level check, opposed by mine: [roll0].

Action:
Immediate action to use Warp spell. If successful, power Afraid of the Dark against him.

EDIT: I'm trying to interrupt the second spell, to clarify.

theterran
2010-01-25, 01:19 PM
[roll0]

*crosses fingers*

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 01:21 PM
Alright. You succeed. Any further actions?

theterran
2010-01-25, 01:21 PM
Nope, you're up.

Adumbration
2010-01-25, 01:25 PM
Actions:
Apply Line of Shadow and Empower metamagic to an Afraid of the dark mystery, effectively obviating the need for LoS or LoE for this one time. Oh, and I'm still channeling it through ephemeral image to get the additional empowerement from Flood of Shadows.

All right, this may come to you as a surprise. Make a Will save DC 18 to halve the Wisdom damage caused by the image of yourself appearing before you, touching you, and vanishing. You gain +1 on this save.

Wisdom damage:
[roll0]

Again, immunity to mind-affecting prevents all damage.

End of turn.

theterran
2010-01-25, 02:43 PM
Immediate Action:
Cast a Spell
Wings of Cover

Great Shimmering Wings come into being and encompass me briefly, just long enough to disrupt any LoE you had, basically, blocking your "spell" / "mystery" / whatever is doing it. :smallwink:

Adumbration
2010-01-26, 09:54 AM
You're not going to like this... This particular mystery, at this very moment, ignores Line of sight and Line of effect. :smalltongue:

theterran
2010-01-26, 10:10 AM
Then I'm dead...:smallsigh:

Adumbration
2010-01-26, 10:48 AM
Then I'm dead...:smallsigh:

All right. Right now I'm gearing up for a qualifier, and I'd like to thank you for fighting me in this informal test run. I've learned some things, and in hindsight, there were a few errors. For example, only now I notice that applying metashadow to mysteries turn them to full-round actions, which would have caused some confusion in a qualifier.

That's the only error that I can detect, that is. If you like, you can open the spoilers (only theterran, and possible DMs, please! At least if you wish to fight me in a qualifier) and see for yourself, if I've made any errors. Much appreciated.

Claudius Maximus
2010-01-26, 11:44 AM
I have found a few errors/concerns:

Adumbration:
Your tornado effect should have used the normal DC of the mystery that caused it. 30 is only for natural tornadoes.

Aura of Shade maxes out at 120, IIRC.

theterran:
How did you get two spells out in some of those rounds? Some were swift, of course, but casting Spell Resistance is a standard action, so you couldn't normally do it in the same round you activate your Bead of Karma.