PDA

View Full Version : The Hidden Power of Belkar BitterLeaf

Souhiro
2010-01-26, 02:59 AM
Belkar is a Halfling, isn't? one of the few tiny sized creatures in the OOTS-verse.

So... if Belkar qualifies as a Scaled One, Belkar just need to multiclass a bit: He gets a level of Divine Minion, one Wizard level, and three at Master of Many Forms.

Should I continue?

Zevox
2010-01-26, 03:00 AM
Halflings are neither tiny-size nor "scaled ones."

Zevox

martinkou
2010-01-26, 03:05 AM
Belkar is a Halfling, isn't? one of the few tiny sized creatures in the OOTS-verse.

So... if Belkar qualifies as a Scaled One, Belkar just need to multiclass a bit: He gets a level of Divine Minion, one Wizard level, and three at Master of Many Forms.

Should I continue?

Are you sure you're not confusing halflings with kobolds?

Wind d8/d12
2010-01-26, 03:49 AM
I'm willing to let the already-beaten-to-death punpun reference rest in peace. Please consider doing the same :(

Demented
2010-01-26, 04:43 AM
Punpun will actually be Yikyik's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Belkar will, naturally, not survive the encounter.

TriForce
2010-01-26, 06:37 AM

Should I continue?

please dont, since your making zero sense whatsoever

Are you sure you're not confusing halflings with kobolds?

kobolts are also small, not tiny, so i hope for his sanity he didnt mean them either :P

Killer Angel
2010-01-26, 06:41 AM
Should I continue?

:smallsigh:
it would make more sense for the oracle...

Dr.Otaku
2010-01-26, 05:19 PM
the oracle is wrong...the sexy shoeless gawd of war shall live FOREVER!!

Kish
2010-01-26, 05:27 PM
And when you say "forever," you mean "less than seven weeks"? *ducks*

bfq
2010-01-26, 05:55 PM
Punpun will actually be Yikyik's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Belkar will, naturally, not survive the encounter.

Nah, he'll just get a bowl for guacamole to go with the nachos.

Probably make Roy puke.

Kish
2010-01-26, 05:57 PM
Didn't we already have a Belkar-worship thread on the front page? ...No, I guess we didn't.

Hatman
2010-01-26, 06:20 PM
five bucks says he ascends and becomes a literal god of war, thus taking his last breath ever
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0572.html

Kish
2010-01-26, 06:23 PM
five bucks says he ascends and becomes a literal god of war, thus taking his last breath ever
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0572.html
I'll take that bet. Rather use gold pieces, though, if it's all the same. I'm dubious about this betting-with-green-parchment thing.

Hatman
2010-01-26, 07:11 PM
I'll take that bet. Rather use gold pieces, though, if it's all the same. I'm dubious about this betting-with-green-parchment thing.

you'd rather use little pieces of metal that is so weak it bends with the bare hands?

DBJack
2010-01-26, 08:32 PM
you'd rather use little pieces of metal that is so weak it bends with the bare hands?

I don't think complaining about the bendability of coins is valid when you're defending paper money.

I'd make up a comment to get this discussion back on track, but I don't think it ever even made it to the track.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-26, 10:40 PM
And when you say "forever," you mean "less than seven weeks"? *ducks*

Do you wish to kill Belkar? There is no flesh to slay. Only an internet phenomena. Internet phenomenon are slay-proof.

denthor
2010-01-26, 11:00 PM
Rich mentions in the comments of one of the books that Belkar will be followed even if he leaves the party.

In what manner he leaves is the question.

ThePhantasm
2010-01-26, 11:18 PM

Should I continue?

I believe the OP is implying that Belkar changed forms from a Scaled One to a halfling, though I don't buy it.

Zeful
2010-01-27, 12:14 AM

Should I continue?

No, but I get what your saying: Belkar's a violent sociopath with delusions of god-hood and overly inflated ego.

Please. Stop. It's not funny, it's not clever, and all you do is build-yourself up for when he dies, and stays dead (no god-hood, gender changing shenanigans, or creative lawyering is going to change) so you can complain when the entire rest of the party moves on.

Nimrod's Son
2010-01-27, 12:17 AM
I don't think complaining about the bendability of coins is valid when you're defending paper money.

I'd make up a comment to get this discussion back on track, but I don't think it ever even made it to the track.
Best post of the year so far. :smallamused:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-27, 12:20 AM

Should I continue?

A. Belkar is not a scaled one.
B. Belkar doesn't have the patience for wizard levels
C. Belkar wouldn't be anybody's minion.
D. OOTS characters don't always do the most optimal thing.

Nimrod's Son
2010-01-27, 12:27 AM
A. Belkar is not a scaled one.
C. Belkar wouldn't be anybody's minion.
D. OOTS characters don't always do the most optimal thing.
E. Belkar's going to die soon anyway.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-27, 01:30 AM
E. Belkar's going to die soon anyway.

F. No, he's not going to come back.

Quayleman
2010-01-27, 01:43 AM
Do you wish to kill Belkar? There is no flesh to slay. Only an internet phenomena. Internet phenomenon are slay-proof.

I would like to direct you towards the dominic deegan thread. Those guys can make slays of anything:smalltongue:

Souhiro
2010-01-27, 03:14 AM
Okay... I'm not english, and just have messed up. Confused "Scaled One" with "The One at the Bottom of the Scale", which also can be confused with "The Butt of the Scale".

We have a Pro-Belkar faction and Anti-Belkar faction, but I must say something: At my party, we had a girl who played an neutral evil halfling roge, and was much like Belkar is: Backstabing, menacing the players, destroying the game...

The player was EXACTLY like the PC: both of them were Belkars-looks-a-like. Finally, we kicked her out of the game, we kicked her out of the house, and kicked her out of our lives. She was a hateful person.

But Belkar is just a character. I see many things he does, and many of the actions of Belkars reminds me to that annoying girl-halfling, but Belkar isn't messing with any real people, it's just for making fun. And had a lot of memorable events (His duel with Miko, or the reencounter with Lord Shojo)

Without Belkar, the comic won't be the same

Mystic Muse
2010-01-27, 03:16 AM
Without Belkar, the comic won't be the same

Belkar is still going to be in the comic from the sound of it. he just won't be alive

Kzickas
2010-01-27, 03:52 AM
I believe the OP is implying that Belkar changed forms from a Scaled One to a halfling, though I don't buy it.

I think it was a pun on Belkar being small being built on a different scale to the other humanoids of the OOTS world, or in other words a "scaled one"

Irbis
2010-01-27, 06:48 AM

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0126.html

If Elan can, anyone can :smallamused:

F. No, he's not going to come back.

I'm sooo going to quote this when he, in fact, will :smallamused:

Milandros
2010-01-27, 08:58 AM
To explain away some confusion, particularly about "scaled ones", there is a set of rules loopholes that, with the world's most lenient DM and a lot of "ignore the spirit of the rules, focus on exactly what is written down", theoretically be used to create a character of effectively infinite power. One with whatever stats he wants - even in the quadrillions - with a reach to anywhere in space and time and the ability to use any ability at any time. Basically, it's found an infinite loop in the system. It requires a "scaled one" i.e. a lizard-type creature with scales. The classic and original example has always been Pun-Pun the kobold, who with a few levels can use gods as basketballs or chew toys.

It's a thought exercise only, of course. It's even dafter than the Hulking Hurler, which can basically throw planet-sized rocks at people for millions of points of damage. It's sticking a knife in a crack in the rules and twisting until they shatter.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-28, 12:20 PM
To explain away some confusion, particularly about "scaled ones", there is a set of rules loopholes that, with the world's most lenient DM and a lot of "ignore the spirit of the rules, focus on exactly what is written down", theoretically be used to create a character of effectively infinite power. One with whatever stats he wants - even in the quadrillions - with a reach to anywhere in space and time and the ability to use any ability at any time. Basically, it's found an infinite loop in the system. It requires a "scaled one" i.e. a lizard-type creature with scales. The classic and original example has always been Pun-Pun the kobold, who with a few levels can use gods as basketballs or chew toys.

It's a thought exercise only, of course. It's even dafter than the Hulking Hurler, which can basically throw planet-sized rocks at people for millions of points of damage. It's sticking a knife in a crack in the rules and twisting until they shatter.

I didn't see any confusion that the OP was thinking Pun-Pun, it was how Belkar had anything to do with him.

rewinn
2010-01-28, 12:27 PM
It's sticking a knife in a crack in the rules and twisting until they shatter.
This is why rules need a regeneration factor (or at least DR).

Back when I was first gaming, a house rule was that if, or rather when, you developed a rules-abusing procedure, you were allowed to use it until the gods noticed (typically about a day) and then divine intervention changed the rules. Of course, the greater the abuse, the greater the intervention's speed, power and nastiness. It put a fun element of metagaming into it and rewarded cleverness.