PDA

View Full Version : Random Humor Thread: Illustrated Awesome

Dust
2010-01-26, 12:36 PM
It's happened to all of us at one point in time or another. Perhaps you were watching a movie and are suddenly struck by inspiration for your tabletop games. Perhaps it was literature that gave you the idea to start sketching up Don Quixote as a 3.5 character. Many of us even draw inspiration from the random images that litter the net, chuckling at how that picture of Godzilla versus the Cloverfield Monster would make an 'awesome' campaign idea.

And that's what this thread is all about. For no reason other than amusement on this chilly Janruary morning, I propose that you post a single image which would make a truly memorable game. If you like, you can accompany this with a semiserious plot hook.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2007/342/b/4/A_is_For_Ass_Kicking____by_TPollockJR.jpg

Hook: In a Hunter: The Reckoning game, you have finally tracked down a group of individuals calling themselves the 'Season Lords.' Despite the fact that one of them seems to be jolly old Saint Nick himself, you can't allow these feelings of childish nostalgia to stand in the way of your destiny....

Dimers
2010-01-27, 02:20 AM
Hook: In a Hunter: The Reckoning game, you have finally tracked down a group of individuals calling themselves the 'Season Lords.' Despite the fact that one of them seems to be jolly old Saint Nick himself, you can't allow these feelings of childish nostalgia to stand in the way of your destiny....

I designed a Shadowrun party with a fat, jolly elf who is a shaman of reindeer and cold (shades, tommygun, red suit trimmed with white electroshock fibers) ... an albino troll called Abominable/"Bumble" ... an elven decker who looks like Billy Idol in "White Wedding" and goes by 'The Snowman' (ice is no problem for the Snowman!) ... a red-nosed dwarven rigger named Rude Dolph, adept at piloting through even the worst weather (the team's main vehicle is called The Slay) ... and Mrs. Claws, a female street samurai. They have a combat drone they call 'Saint Nicks'n'Scratches', and a drill-bot to make their own !@#&$!% chimney.

Well, okay, not really on topic, but it is random humor, and the Santa thing set me off. :smallsmile: I hope someone who reads this knows Shadowrun terminology :smallamused:

BooNL
2010-01-27, 03:42 AM
To place credit where credit is due, that picture is from Maddox' book The Alphabet of Manliness. One of the most badass books around.

In case you've never heard of Maddox, google The Greatest Page in the Universe.