PDA

View Full Version : GenCon 2010! - Who's with me?

Pages : [1] 2

Zeb The Troll
2010-01-26, 01:05 PM
It's official! Alarra and I have just booked our room at the Westin for GenCon this year (Aug 5th - 8th)! We got in to the housing system as soon as it opened today to make sure we got the hotel we wanted. :smallcool:

We're a little bummed it's happening so early in the month this year, though. Since it will be both my son's and my daughter's first time at GenCon, and both of their birthdays fall in the middle of the month, when GenCon usually happens, it would have been much cooler, in my eyes, if both of their first appearances had happened closer to their birthdays.

But, nonsense aside, who else is going to make it this year? Any good plans? Is it too early to start talking about this? I suggest "no" since the real planning starts today, what with the housing thing officially opening up and all. :smallcool:

I humbly suggest that we do the Playgrounder meetup thing like it was done last year (so sad I missed that) where it's done nightly at the same place so that everyone has multiple opportunities to make it to at least one.

GitP Get Together - 5PM Nightly in the Serpentine Lobby. We'll Try To Have A Sign.

Gamerlord
2010-01-26, 01:06 PM
I won't be going to GenCon, but I WILL be going to new york Comic con later this year.

wxdruid
2010-01-26, 01:10 PM
I also have plans to attend GenCon and the site died on me so I didn't get my first choice in hotel or room size, but I did get a fairly good hotel in terms of closeness to the convention center.

I am registered and got everything in, so I'm good. Now, hopefully work won't spring anything on me in the intervening year.

SMEE
2010-01-26, 01:14 PM
Plans for now are staying at the Hilton from the 5th to the 9th, where I booked a room for 5 people. As usual, I expect to have Phoe, Reina and Lykan with me, and probably Amber as well.

Luckily, it seems things won't fail badly this year like they did in 2009 so I will be there.

Alarra
2010-01-26, 01:14 PM
I guess a lot of people had trouble with the passkey system, and according to the gencon forums, the westin was sold out by 12:15 (housing opened at noon)...I'm feeling pretty lucky here. :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2010-01-26, 01:16 PM
Yes, it died in the critical moment causing me frustration.

I have a room at the Canterbury Hotel next to the mall with a walkway to the convention center. Only managed to get a single room.

smellie_hippie
2010-01-26, 02:29 PM
I've been threatened by a Llama that I need to attend.:smallamused:
I haven't even started doing anything about this yet, so we'll have to see.

Alarra
2010-01-26, 02:49 PM
It's hard to get a hotel room if you don't do it really early (like...right now). Although closer to the con, you can sometimes find them on the gencon forums from people that suddenly can't go. If you have to book a hotel outside of the gencon block it's crazy expensive. For example, the Westin is $169 a night, gencon rate....$354 if I tried to book it through the hotel. *crosses fingers that the Hippie's can come*

(I'd offer to let you all room with us, but since we have a 3 year old and 1 year old coming, and there's 4 Hippies (this is assuming you're all coming) that would be a very crowded room. And unfortunately, we have a small one rather than the suite we had 3 years ago that we had 10 people in)

AmberVael
2010-01-26, 02:57 PM
...and probably Amber as well.

That may not actually happen. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. =/

Lykan
2010-01-26, 03:05 PM
That may not actually happen. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. =/

I'm paying for you to come, then. >.>

Also, I should be coming. Hopefully.

Jacklu
2010-01-26, 03:06 PM
Jacklu hopes to attend as well. But alas, it depends greatly on my funds come next august. That, and whether I can get housing again.

Penguinsushi
2010-01-26, 04:21 PM

I really want to go too, but we haven't talked about it much... ...and a lot of it might depend on finances and how many other trips we'll need to take this year...

:smallconfused:

~PS

Krade
2010-01-26, 04:28 PM
CURSE YOU ZEB!!!

I was thinking about starting this thread this year...

*ahem*

I am so going again. This will be my 5th Gencon and it will be awesome. The best part is that this year I have 3 whole days of paid vacation so I won't come out of it completely broke like I did last time. I also should have some actual savings by then.

Ah, the joys of living in this wonderful city...:smallwink:

Also, if anyone needs help paying for thier room, I could use a place to crash a night or two during the con. I don't live close enough for me to get there and home and there again over and over for 4 days.

Mando Knight
2010-01-26, 06:50 PM
I wanna... but I don't have any cash to pay for that weekend... :smallfrown:

WalkingTarget
2010-01-26, 06:59 PM
As per usual, it's the annual gathering of a bunch of my college buddies and assorted other friends who've spread out over the years. As such, I'll probably be there, but may or may not have time to do much more than show up for a meet-and-greet/photo op for playgrounders. Always nice to be able to put faces to names, though. :smallsmile:

Anuan
2010-01-26, 07:25 PM
No idea about where I'll be staying, but I'll be there :smallbiggrin:

tyckspoon
2010-01-26, 07:57 PM
GenCon planning time already? Huh.. well, I do need to go figure out what combination of vacation+holiday+paid day will get me to all the events in that season.. it's a busy three months or so there. Time to go do science to a calendar.

wxdruid
2010-01-26, 07:58 PM
There are still a few hotel rooms left, mostly the ones further away from the convention center.

Zeb The Troll
2010-01-27, 12:51 AM
For those concerned about finances:

In arranging for my daughter and her son to be able to come (she's a waitress at a sports bar, and in a low'ish population area), we quickly determined that if you start saving right now, $25 per week, you should have roughly $600 banked by GenCon. Adjust as needed to be able to swing it. $68 for the weekend badge (if you get it early instead of at the gate). The rooms can be very expensive, but if you get a few people together, it's very doable. My first year we had a suite (two queen beds, one queen pull out couch in a separate "room" and lots of floor space) and were able to manage it by inviting a googol of our closest friends (and some people we'd never met) to share the room expense with us. Much fun was had by all. Be aware, however, that this sort of arrangement works best for people who won't need to sleep during those 4 days. :smallcool:

((Crosses fingers for Clan Hippie to be able to make it this year!*))

Krade - I apologize for stealing your thunder. I was just so excited about getting the room reserved and the badges ordered that I felt there was only one thing left to do to make it real, as it were. I promise, I'll defer thread starting to you next year. :smallbiggrin:

*((Hey, does this mean it's time for a SET 2010 thread now too? :smallwink:))

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-27, 01:30 AM
I'd love to come, but probably won't due to lack of planning ahead/finances.

:smallfrown:

Krade
2010-01-27, 01:34 AM
Krade - I apologize for stealing your thunder. I was just so excited about getting the room reserved and the badges ordered that I felt there was only one thing left to do to make it real, as it were. I promise, I'll defer thread starting to you next year. :smallbiggrin:Nah, it's my own fault for putting it off. I thought about sarting it when I got the e-mail on Saturday but then thought that was probably too soon. Silly me:smallredface:.
*((Hey, does this mean it's time for a SET 2010 thread now too? :smallwink:))As if it could be too early for that. June 29, 2009 wouldn't have been too early.

Felixaar
2010-01-27, 01:41 AM
I'll be there, possibly wearing bells, as will Anuan.

Whaddaya say, SMEE? There room in that five person for a pair of handsome aussie boys?

SMEE
2010-01-27, 05:10 AM
If the other girls are fine with having two aussie boys around at an otherwise all girl room, then we're game. :smallwink:

Anuan
2010-01-27, 07:56 AM
...That makes six, probably seven people if Amber makes it, in a five-bedroom room. Not really gonna work there, guys.

SMEE
2010-01-27, 08:21 AM
Err... room I reserved is a suit with a connected room. >.>

Alarra
2010-01-27, 12:20 PM
We booked, I think, the same room that Smee's talking about 3 years ago. We had 8 people...I think (me, zeb, angelsword, indurain, zuzuangel, renegade paladin, zombierockstar, and llama)...I may be forgetting someone. Anyway, it was crowded, but fun. :smallsmile:

Mando Knight
2010-01-27, 01:30 PM
For those concerned about finances:

In arranging for my daughter and her son to be able to come (she's a waitress at a sports bar, and in a low'ish population area), we quickly determined that if you start saving right now, $25 per week, you should have roughly $600 banked by GenCon. Adjust as needed to be able to swing it. $68 for the weekend badge (if you get it early instead of at the gate).

Thanks for the advice, but I can't save that $25 a week from out of thin air. :smallsigh:

JediSoth
2010-01-27, 01:34 PM
I"ll be there, running a Paranoia 2nd ed. game (Killer Robots from AFU Sector), a Pathfinder/Ptolus game (Spire of the Deep One), hosting the 6th Annual OYT Dinner (for members of the OK--Your Turn community), and doing ENnies stuff.

Oh, I'll probably play some games, too. :p

Jacklu
2010-01-27, 01:59 PM
Well, Jacklu should be able to make it this year! :smallbiggrin: Gencon was so much fun, as was meeting all those people from giant. That, and the giant games of munchkin!

Renegade Paladin
2010-01-27, 02:08 PM
I shall come to fight the vampire menace.

:smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-01-27, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I can't save that $25 a week from out of thin air. :smallsigh:Well, that's something I can't help with. But for a lot of people "$25 per week until GenCon" is a lot easier to manage than "ZOMG, I NEED $600 FOR GENCON! :smalleek: There's just no way! :smallfrown: "

Alarra and I have a plan for future GenCon's as well. We've started a Club account this year. That means that, while we'll be okay for this year, we'll have twice as much next year because we'll be starting to save the same amount for next year as soon as this year's over.

Thes Hunter
2010-01-27, 08:35 PM
I shall be there if my first exams are not immediately following... which I will not know until about July. :smallmad:

And then the next 2 years are really iffy, and then the next 3-8 are still iffy. :smallsigh:

Krade
2010-01-27, 08:40 PM
I shall be there if my first exams are not immediately following... which I will not know until about July. :smallmad:

And then the next 2 years are really iffy, and then the next 3-8 are still iffy. :smallsigh:

NOES!! Poor Thes:smallfrown:

How can most of the next decade already be iffy?

Thes Hunter
2010-01-27, 09:23 PM
NOES!! Poor Thes:smallfrown:

How can most of the next decade already be iffy?

after this next Gen Con, I'll be in clerkships and rotations. If I can come depends if I am in one or not, and which I am in. I have heard horror stories about being on call 24-7 to other people saying certain ones are like a 9-5. So it really depends, and depends on my attending.

Then, it will be internship and residency, again up to the program, and etc. I have no idea what sort of vacation time they allow, IF they allow any. This will last 2-5 years.

Then, Fellowship if I so decide to specialize. Again will depend on the program.. though I maybe be overly worried. I will have to check with the couple gaming buddies that I know who have gone through all of this.

So, it's really iffy, because it depends on so much I do not have control over. As in, I am not going to pick a program that lets me go to Gen Con vs. will teach me what I need to know in order not to kill someone.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-01-27, 09:42 PM
I really want to go too, but we haven't talked about it much... ...and a lot of it might depend on finances and how many other trips we'll need to take this year...

:smallconfused:

~PS

By Odin's All Seeing Eyelashes, lad, ye've been stating your desire to go to Gen-Con longer than I've been stating my desire to moon Kevin Costner in retaliation for his butt shot in Robin Hood. I will also state for the record that it is easier to get tickets to Gen-Con than it is to sneak onto the set of For Love of the Game, however, after a bit of planning and a few bribes, Mr. Costner can and has picked my arse out of a police line-up.

I've shown my booty to one of Hollywood's finest. I think its time you held up your end of our deal and attended Gen-Con.

Jacklu
2010-01-27, 10:09 PM
...the Game...
Sorry. I read the post and that was the one part that stuck out to me. >.<
Thank you, that is all. :smallwink: :smalltongue: :smallcool:

Anuan
2010-01-27, 10:27 PM
By Odin's All Seeing Eyelashes, lad, ye've been stating your desire to go to Gen-Con longer than I've been stating my desire to moon Kevin Costner in retaliation for his butt shot in Robin Hood. I will also state for the record that it is easier to get tickets to Gen-Con than it is to sneak onto the set of For Love of the Game, however, after a bit of planning and a few bribes, Mr. Costner can and has picked my arse out of a police line-up.

I've shown my booty to one of Hollywood's finest. I think its time you held up your end of our deal and attended Gen-Con.

...Are...Are you serious? o-o;

Krade
2010-01-27, 10:39 PM

I demand confirmation and verification!

BizzaroStormy
2010-01-27, 10:40 PM
I'll definitely be going, with my college footing the bill.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-01-27, 10:46 PM

"Stop preparing. You're always preparing. Just go!" -Dark Helmut

I demand confirmation and verification!

The records will be released to the public in 2013, unless KC keeps them tied up in legal red-tape.

smellie_hippie
2010-01-28, 06:34 AM
...Are...Are you serious? o-o;

Of course he's not serious. :smallannoyed: I'm not really a celebrity... I just play one on television. :smalltongue:

But the moon has been known to come out at the hippie hut from time to time... Incidentally, it may only be a single occupant from the hippie hut in attendance. School in SE Trogland starts on Thursday the 4th... and I'm not sure that the wife and kids would want to come up after me in a seperate car.*

*unless we bring the Voltron car. In which case, "I'll form... the head!" :smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2010-01-28, 06:47 AM
The 4th? Man, when I was growing up, school didn't even always start before my birthday, and that's almost in September. When do they get out? March? :smalltongue:

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2010-01-28, 08:55 AM
I might have to give this GenCon thing a try, it sounds fun!

Dibs on Indy and Thes for NASCRAG.

smellie_hippie
2010-01-28, 06:58 PM
Hey... if I can make it, can I find a place to crash? :smallconfused:

I will bring reliable transportation... and a hopefully good supply of leftover beer from the SE Trogland Meet-up*. :smallamused:

*quantity to be determined by the dedication of SE Trogland drinkers.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-28, 07:06 PM
I'll be going If I get the money. I have a secret way to not pay money on a hotel room.:smallamused:
They're called "Cousins" I'd let somebody else stay but I don't my Aunt would allow it.
Also, has anybody ever volunteered there? what's that like? I don't want to spend $68 on just a ticket.

I'll try and get a costume this year as well.

Krade
2010-01-29, 02:26 AM
Hey... if I can make it, can I find a place to crash? :smallconfused:

I will bring reliable transportation... and a hopefully good supply of leftover beer from the SE Trogland Meet-up*. :smallamused:

*quantity to be determined by the dedication of SE Trogland drinkers.

There aren't that many of us around for place to crash... I'm pretty sure Ranis still lives with his parents (but I haven't actually talked to him in a while so this might have changed by now or might change by GenCon). Dunno about Kyrian. El J might be able (and, importantly, willing). I would consider letting you crash at my place but a number of things prevent me from being able to give any kind of answer at this time. Foremost of which is that I might not be living here at the time (those chances seem to change daily, too). Other factors include such fun items as: My brother and other roommate. Ultimately, I don't think they'd have a problem with it, and if they did, I don't think they could really do anything to stop me anyway, but I like to NOT cause unnecesary conflict.

Unless, of course, you were talking about crashing in someone's hotel room. In which case, feel free to disregard this entire post.

Mountain_Faerie
2010-01-29, 04:13 PM
Hippie and I have been talking about GenCon for a while, but the dates for it are Horrible. Half of it is during the first 2 days of school, and since I work in the school... yeah. :smallfrown:

Maybe we should reserve our hotel room for GenCon 2013. The funding for my job will be gone by then. :smallwink:

Dirk Kris
2010-02-02, 09:40 PM
GenCon is a no for me this year, but I think Gryffon and I will be headed to DragonCon. Wewt. My first convention!

Felixaar
2010-02-03, 01:38 AM
The 4th? Man, when I was growing up, school didn't even always start before my birthday, and that's almost in September. When do they get out? March? :smalltongue:

And how far did you have to walk each day, gramps? Was your family so poor you used to paint your feet black so the other kids would think you owned shoes?

I'll stop that now :smalltongue:

Jacklu
2010-02-03, 01:52 AM
Jacklu has begun her saving for Gencon. Between $25 and $50 a week, depending on what I can afford. Minimum $600, maximum $1200 when it comes around. ^_^ Here's to optimistic hope before the crushing weight of reality destroys my foolish dreams! =D

Mystic Muse
2010-02-03, 02:04 AM
Jacklu has begun her saving for Gencon. Between $25 and $50 a week, depending on what I can afford. Minimum $600, maximum $1200 when it comes around. ^_^ Here's to optimistic hope before the crushing weight of reality destroys my foolish dreams! =D

:elan:Hope hope hope you'll be able to go to Gencon!

Krade
2010-02-03, 02:05 AM
:elan:Hope hope hope hope you'll be able to go to Gencon!

Fixed that for ya:smalltongue:

Jacklu
2010-02-03, 02:14 AM
^_^ Gencon was too much fun last year to miss this year.

AngelSword
2010-02-04, 05:52 AM
I'll be there! ^(^_^)^

I just booked my room, and will be scheduling my flight next month. I'm also getting a free badge through Looney Labs. :smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2010-02-04, 06:17 AM
I'll be there! ^(^_^)^

I just booked my room, and will be scheduling my flight next month. I'm also getting a free badge through Looney Labs. :smallbiggrin:I need to find a way to get in with one of these game companies and get me some free badges. Hrrmmm....

Mystic Muse
2010-02-04, 01:51 PM
I'm also getting a free badge through Looney Labs. :smallbiggrin:

:smallconfused:.......what? free badge? HOW?!?!?! MORE INFORMATION IS REQUIRED!

AngelSword
2010-02-04, 07:48 PM
Well, can you wear something like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/RabbitSword.gif

If so, you just might be able to get a free badge. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2010-02-04, 08:00 PM

Nah. I'm going as Gaara

The Valiant Turtle
2010-02-04, 08:27 PM
I'll probably be driving up for a day or something like I've done in the past. I primarily go to hang with playgrounders, but it would be nice to actually attend the Con for once.

Krade
2010-02-04, 10:08 PM

Pshh!

I've worn way more ridiculous things than that in public while NOT at a con.

Reinboom
2010-02-04, 10:20 PM
We booked, I think, the same room that Smee's talking about 3 years ago. We had 8 people...I think (me, zeb, angelsword, indurain, zuzuangel, renegade paladin, zombierockstar, and llama)...I may be forgetting someone. Anyway, it was crowded, but fun. :smallsmile:

Even though I was a straggler then, I still feel forgotten. :smallfrown:

Hm... I would wear something like that, but I might make it too sexy.
Tempting still, though.

Alarra
2010-02-04, 11:59 PM
Awww....I'm sorry Reina. *hugs* I knew I was forgetting someone! So wow, 9 people, yep...that war a full room.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-31, 06:08 PM
I shall be attending GenCon this year, again. :smallsmile: Not that anyone really cares.

Krade
2010-03-31, 06:20 PM
WOOOO!!! MOAR GenCon peoples!

GenCon is definitely one of my favorite reasons for living in Indianapolis.

SMEE
2010-03-31, 06:30 PM
I'll be booking my plane tickets early May. :smallsmile:
Everything is set this year. I won't miss GenCon. :smallbiggrin:

Jacklu
2010-05-31, 03:47 PM
Couldn't find the old thread for this, so I decided to make a new one.

Anyone else planning to attend Gencon this year? I just bought my ticket, which I have been putting off for some time now out of fear of not going for whatever reason. But I had such an amazing time last year... ^_^

wxdruid
2010-05-31, 07:55 PM
There is one, but it would be thread necromancy to resurrect it, the last post was from 03-31-2010 and it's almost June (or if you're on the other side of the Atlantic, it already is June).

I still plan on going, already have my leave scheduled and my hotel space reserved... (that is barring anything the AF decides to torture me with).

Felixaar
2010-05-31, 08:34 PM
For me right now it is 50/50. I was really hoping to come this year but due to jumbly circumstances it may not happen, it all depends on how and when I get the money together.

Anuan
2010-05-31, 08:35 PM
I should be there. There's a slight possibility of me not, but I should attend the Con of the Gen type. :smallcool:

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-31, 08:44 PM
Are the seminars interesting and generaly helpful? Especially game industry seminars, considering I might be interested in designing a RPG of my own...

Mystic Muse
2010-05-31, 09:44 PM
Anyone else planning to attend Gencon this year?

Me. I plan on entering the costume contest if I can find some good materials.

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-01, 01:11 AM
For posterity's sake, here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139860) the old thread.

Krade
2010-06-01, 01:59 AM
Blast! Beaten again! Oh one year I will start this thread. Next year looks good since I got beaten twice this year.

Living in Indianapolis all but guaruntees my attendance. Looking forward to it with all my inconsiderable might.

InaVegt
2010-06-01, 02:37 AM
I am so going. Plane tickets, badge, and event tickets all ordered and paid for.

Lykan
2010-06-01, 03:19 AM
Gonna be going again this year, assuming I don't get too much flack for skipping out on school to do so. Still need to buy plane tickets/badge, though.

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-01, 04:10 AM
Gonna be going again this year, assuming I don't get too much flack for skipping out on school to do so. Still need to buy plane tickets/badge, though.Good grief! How early does your school start?

Lykan
2010-06-01, 04:13 AM
Good grief! How early does your school start?

July 19th. We get about a month and a half of vacation here.

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-01, 05:23 AM
July 19th. We get about a month and a half of vacation here.Now you've got me curious where "here" is. Is it someplace where they have to schedule in 6 weeks of snow days or something? Or do you get, like, an incredibly long holiday break in December/January and/or a longer than typical Spring Break?

Lykan
2010-06-01, 05:36 AM
Now you've got me curious where "here" is. Is it someplace where they have to schedule in 6 weeks of snow days or something? Or do you get, like, an incredibly long holiday break in December/January and/or a longer than typical Spring Break?

The summer one's the longest one we have. Winter is two weeks and every semester's end (which is about every 3 months) we get a week off. I hear this is typical of tech schools, but I really have no idea since I have nothing to compare it to. Also, days off due to snow or some other occurrence (we missed a few days because of flooding this semester) is common here, but those days are often made up within the semester itself.

And just to clarify, this is Rhode Island.

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-01, 06:09 AM
The summer one's the longest one we have. Winter is two weeks and every semester's end (which is about every 3 months) we get a week off. I hear this is typical of tech schools, but I really have no idea since I have nothing to compare it to. Also, days off due to snow or some other occurrence (we missed a few days because of flooding this semester) is common here, but those days are often made up within the semester itself.

And just to clarify, this is Rhode Island.Okay, it's the week off at the end of the semester that's different from the rest of us. :smallcool:

JediSoth
2010-06-01, 08:06 AM
I will be there. My wife and I are staying downtown again, despite living only 15 minutes from the convention center. She's disabled, so it's just easier this way.

My Gen Con will start Wednesday afternoon with booth set-up, followed by an evening Shadowrun game. You'll see me at the ENnie Awards ceremony on Friday night and the convention will wrap up for me on Sunday evening with booth tear-down.

I say it every year, and I mean it each time: this will be the best Gen Con yet!

Renegade Paladin
2010-06-01, 08:11 AM
I'm coming. Sorry for skipping last year, but king and country called. :smallwink: Could have done both Pennsic and GenCon, but they were back to back. This year they're the same week...

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-01, 10:10 AM
I am so going. Plane tickets, badge, and event tickets all ordered and paid for.
Give some hugs 'n high fives to everybody there from me, ok?

Krade
2010-06-30, 11:44 PM
Alright. Still two weeks short of necromancy. Since I got beat to starting this thread twice this year, I suppose I'll have to settle for reviving this one before it gets too old. I know I could have just waited a couple weeks and started my own, but that seemed to be getting a little close to the date now that its only five weeks away.

So... Here is GenCon 2010: The Revival of the Second Thread This Year! As many of you know, we usually have an informal get-together at the convention center and generally hang out and have a good time at the con. I revived the thread so we can begin to coordinate whatever might need coordinating even though its mostly going to be "Same Bat-time. Same Bat-channel!" It never hurts to be prepared.

A (slightly less) short list of the folks I'm at least mostly sure are going:

Krade
Renegade Paladin
JediSoth
Zeb The Troll
Allara
Lykan
InaVegt
Kyuubi
wxdruid (and, I'm assuming, catlover)
Jacklu
Marillion
Belethorien
Indurain
Llama
The one they call... Tim
Penguinsushi
Bardic Bunny
SMEE
Vael
Derjuin
ZombieRockStar
Lost Demiurge

There are others I'm pretty sure are coming but I won't put their names up until they actually post here.

Our usual meeting spot is the 2nd floor of the Serpentine Lobby inside the convention center. However, if the current trend of having less space there every year continues, we may need to find a different location. The usual time has been sometime Friday evening and Saturday evening.

I don't think I missed anything too important for the resurection post, so I'll just leave it at that.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-30, 11:47 PM
It sounds like I won't be going for the full four days.:smallfrown: My cousins aren't going to be at their house so I can't stay there.

I could come pretty much any day though. My GM is going for the full four so I don't need to be concerned about his game.

Marillion
2010-06-30, 11:55 PM
I'm gonna be selling tickets there. w00tebega!

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-30, 11:58 PM
In our room there will be:

Zeb
Alarra
Belethorien (Zeb's daughter)
Indurain
LLama
Friend of LLama (You may call him ... Tim)

Also in attendance, but not sharing a room with us:

Penguinsushi
Bardic Bunny

I'm not sure who else has committed and might be staying at Castle Jaspero.

Jacklu
2010-07-01, 12:11 AM
Don't forget Smee and Vael. Also, Derjuin. <333

Krade
2010-07-01, 12:44 AM
I'm gonna be selling tickets there. w00tebega!

Hey I did that a couple years ago. It was fun times. I even sold tickets to a guy I hadn't seen since fourth grade. That was surprising.

Edit: List updated.

Edit II: I've already got tickets for The Red Dragon Inn Doppelganger Trounament. I told Zeb and Allara about it already, but here are the details in case anyone else was interested. I participated in this tournament last year and not that many people showed up. They handed out the characters randomly but that didn't stop most of the people playing (myself included) from trading for their favorites. I don't know if that will be possible again.

Red Dragon Inn Doppelganger Tournament
08/05/2010 (Thursday)
02:00:00 PM
4 hours
$2.00
36 tickets remaining (as of this post)

Lost Demiurge
2010-07-02, 08:21 AM
I... SHOULD be there. Going to try for Thursday -> Sunday, but I have no clue if that's the date that I'll end up making. If things fall out badly and it becomes the worst case scenario, I'll be there Saturday and that's all.

We shall see!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-03, 09:29 AM
I'm coming, but I'm debating if I have any cards to spare for Cardhalla. All I have left is Raw Deal and I like all my Raw Deal, but do I really need over 100 Jaw Jammers and Wrist Locks?

wxdruid
2010-07-03, 11:59 AM
Went through the list of events and put some on my watch list since I don't know yet if Heather is coming or not or if I'll need one or two tickets for those events.

Maybe this year I'll actually complete some events?

ZombieRockStar
2010-07-03, 03:55 PM
I may be going. I'm not sure yet. I'm taking a real hard look at my finances, but the major thing is the price of a room. I might—might—try to get my boyfriend to come down with me, but I don't know yet.

Krade
2010-07-04, 10:50 PM
List updated.

ZRS, I'm considering seeing if I can share a room with someone because I have no easy way to the convention center and back everyday from home. If you can work out getting here, I might be able to help you out. Gonna have to look into prices though... I'll look into some if I get a chance.

ZombieRockStar
2010-07-05, 09:13 PM
Oh, I can get to Indianapolis easy enough. I had a look at the nearby hotels. The Holiday Inn Express seems like it would be the cheapest and even then...if three people shared a double room for three nights, it'd be more bearable.

Still just a definitely maybe, though.

Penguinsushi
2010-07-06, 02:28 AM
I'll be there most of the time most days, though my exact schedule is (and is likely to remain) somewhat... ...undecided.

I'm definitely up for some hanging out with playgrounders for games or whatever throughout the weekend. I'll keep tabs on the thread, but those of you who have me FB can always just grab my cell# & send me a text around go-time if you want.

BB will be around at least one day, but she may not be around much more than that - there's a few things she'll wanna see, but her overload threshold is a bit lower than mine and she has some family in the area to visit as well.

Looking forward to finally getting to go! :smallbiggrin: As llama previously pointed out, i've been saying I want to make it up for this for years...

~PS

Anuan
2010-07-06, 02:30 AM
I am now seriously doubting my attendance. :smallsigh:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-06, 03:13 AM
I am now seriously doubting my attendance. :smallsigh:

So am I. I really want to go for the entire four day period but I can't do that anymore.:smallfrown:

BritishBill
2010-07-06, 02:18 PM
unfortunatley i cannot make it this year but i am hoping to go next year

Reinboom
2010-07-06, 02:22 PM
I will be there even if I have to hitchhike. :smallwink:

I may be going. I'm not sure yet. I'm taking a real hard look at my finances, but the major thing is the price of a room. I might—might—try to get my boyfriend to come down with me, but I don't know yet.

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg--- *breaths* ---omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg--- *vuvuzellas* ---omg omg omg omg omg O.M.G.

I hope you are there. :smalltongue:

Marillion
2010-07-06, 04:17 PM
Anyone who's having trouble finding/paying for a room, I wouldn't mind taking on a boarder or two. My apartment isn't very large, nor is it actually in Indianapolis proper, but it's not a far drive and you'll find my rates very reasonable. (Free is a rate, right?) Also, I may or may not be able to get you a deal on a parking garage downtown. So yeah.

Again, my apartment isn't very large, so either I take 1 (or 2, if a couple) or you'll have to work out a sleeping schedule:smalltongue:. This is first come first serve, so PM me for details if you're interested.

NO VACANCIES :smalltongue:

SMEE
2010-07-06, 04:19 PM
I'm working on being there this time. :S
Definite news about my presence in Indianapolis this year will come next week.
Wish me luck...

Jacklu
2010-07-07, 11:14 AM
Zombierockstar: My opinion reflects Reina's. =3

Anuan: DX *gets back to work on intercontinental teleportation device*

BizzaroStormy
2010-07-08, 06:24 AM
I'll be going this year as well provided my spending money doesn't get hijacked by my parent's inability to pay bills again. I'll also be able to enjoy it this time since I wont be spending most of my time waiting for my friends to get done with volunteer work.

ZombieRockStar
2010-07-08, 12:40 PM
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg--- *breaths* ---omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg--- *vuvuzellas* ---omg omg omg omg omg O.M.G.

I hope you are there. :smalltongue:

Zombierockstar: My opinion reflects Reina's. =3

Wow...I had no idea you guys wanted to meet Chris (boyfriendly person) so much. :smalltongue:

The good news is: with Marillion's generous offer of a room and a ride down available, I can definitely afford to go. MythZombie confirmed.
Hell yes! Multiquote is back, baby!!!

Marillion
2010-07-08, 12:54 PM
You're welcome. :smallsmile:

Reinboom
2010-07-08, 01:20 PM
Wow...I had no idea you guys wanted to meet Chris (boyfriendly person) so much. :smalltongue:

The good news is: with Marillion's generous offer of a room and a ride down available, I can definitely afford to go. MythZombie confirmed.
Hell yes! Multiquote is back, baby!!!

Yaaaaaaay~!

And no, not necessarily. I always welcome new people, I've just missed you for every GenCon since the first one I went to.

SMEE
2010-07-08, 02:23 PM
Yay!
ZRS will be there! If things go well, I'll get to meet you! Yay!
Prepare to deal with a very thick accent. :P

wxdruid
2010-07-09, 01:00 AM
Got my 4-day pass in the mail, can't wait til Aug!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-09, 09:12 AM
Huzzah for the druid
Huzzah for the zombie!
Huzzah for the Chris, but not The Chris, cuz that's a different person entirely.

Huzzah for Gary Gygax!

Zherog
2010-07-09, 04:54 PM
I"ll be there... doing ENnies stuff.

I'll be there, too. And (to tie into your quote) a product I co-wrote is nominated again this year!

If you* plan on voting and don't have another favorite in the "Electronic Book" category, I'd appreciate your voting for the Great City Player's Guide. :)

* Generic you, not JediSoth specifically. Go vote!

edit: oops. It looks like I inadvertently necro'ed. *blushes*

Roland St. Jude
2010-07-09, 04:59 PM
Sheriff: I guess we'll keep this open. But Z, you must be punish-ed! :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2010-07-09, 05:19 PM
Wow, it grew. Roland combined the two threads into one? :smallconfused:

Attendance list updated here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8890366&postcount=126)

Pink
2010-07-09, 06:51 PM
*pokes head in*

I'm going to be going to Gen Con with a friend. My first. I hope to be shocked and awed. SHOCKED AND AWED I SAY!

Thanatos 51-50
2010-07-09, 07:08 PM
Dammit. It's too early. :smallfrown: I won't be able to scrape the money together to make it.

wxdruid
2010-07-09, 08:42 PM
Thanatos, you really gotta make it one year. I sooooooo want to meet you someday!

and eeee, I made Lex-kat's :smallbiggrin: group.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-09, 08:47 PM
Oh, you noticed those, huh. :smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2010-07-09, 09:00 PM
Thanatos, you really gotta make it one year. I sooooooo want to meet you someday!

and eeee, I made Lex-kat's :smallbiggrin: group.

If I'm endowed with the Labour-to-money conversion System and I'm allowed to forgo Labour for the days in question, we'll see, but my attendance probability is so dubious, it's best to not get hopes up.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-10, 12:01 AM
Lex-Kat, if I understand your smiley system correctly, you need to update smellie_hippie and Mountain_Faerie. Sadly, they will not be able to make it this year.

Jacklu
2010-07-10, 12:19 AM
Hey Lexy, change Veal to :smallbiggrin: please. Regardless of what she says, she is going, even if I have to fly down to where she lives and physically drag her there myself. <.<

Mystic Muse
2010-07-10, 12:23 AM
I think I'm going to have to put the money on "Not going"

Sorry, but I really wanted to hang out with my cousins and they aren't going to be there.

See you guys next year maybe.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-10, 01:50 AM
Lex-Kat, if I understand your smiley system correctly, you need to update smellie_hippie and Mountain_Faerie. Sadly, they will not be able to make it this year.
Awww. :smallfrown:

Hey Lexy, change Veal to :smallbiggrin: please. Regardless of what she says, she is going, even if I have to fly down to where she lives and physically drag her there myself. <.<
Sorry, no can do. Lykan's threat to drag her to GenCon is why she's got a :smallconfused: and not a :smallfrown:

I think I'm going to have to put the money on "Not going"

Sorry, but I really wanted to hang out with my cousins and they aren't going to be there.

See you guys next year maybe.
:smallfrown:

I like the Multi-Quote function. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-10, 02:18 AM
I really do want to go but I don't want to spend $40 for one day when I can't even hang out with my cousins down there (They'll be gone the entire time)

You guys are awesome, but I can't afford to pay $40 just to hang out with you guys for an hour.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-10, 02:33 AM
I really do want to go but I don't want to spend $40 for one day when I can't even hang out with my cousins down there (They'll be gone the entire time)

You guys are awesome, but I can't afford to pay $40 just to hang out with you guys for an hour.
Not a problem. Hopefully next year. :smallsmile:

AttendanceMoved to here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8935942&postcount=166).

Krade
2010-07-10, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure ZRS is a definite there, Lex. And El J, being local, is all but guaranteed to appear, though he usually has his plate too full of events to hang out for long.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-10, 10:29 PM
Oops. :smalleek: I thought I'd changed ZombieRockStar & Chris when I moved the table.

As to El J, he made it sound as if he wasn't sure, and I've never seen him there for the last two years. So unless he says he'll be there, I'll leave him as :smallconfused:.

AmberVael
2010-07-10, 10:34 PM
Hey Lexy, change Veal to :smallbiggrin: please.

...Veal...

Veal

I will devour you. :smallfurious:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-10, 10:35 PM

NOOO! Don't eat Jacky!

Marillion
2010-07-10, 10:36 PM

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Mystic Muse
2010-07-10, 10:37 PM
Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Yep. ten chracters

AmberVael
2010-07-10, 10:41 PM
And for that, you're both the second course. :smallamused:

Marillion
2010-07-10, 10:46 PM
Oh you wouldn't want me, I'm all tough and gamey. I'd be much better as a stew you served as the first course, not a second course option.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-10, 10:52 PM
I'm not really tough and gamey. I'm just thin and probably not very tasty.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-10, 11:36 PM
Does that mean your coming to GenCon? :smallconfused: It's the only place you can devour Jacklu. You'll have to wait `til next year for Kyuubi though.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-10, 11:40 PM
You'll have to wait `til next year for Kyuubi though.

Thanks for the guilt trip.:smallfrown:

Krade
2010-07-11, 12:11 AM
As to El J, he made it sound as if he wasn't sure, and I've never seen him there for the last two years. So unless he says he'll be there, I'll leave him as :smallconfused:.

He's been there, he's just always loaded down with events so he can't hang out much. I haven't seen him at my work in a while either so I can't really ask him, though.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-11, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the guilt trip.:smallfrown:
You're welcome. :smallcool: Pixies are always here to be helpful.

Well, some of us are. I here that there's a Zombie Pixie around sometimes. He doesn't sound like he'd be too helpful. And he spelled pixie wrong. Left out the second i. :smalleek: Strange.

Jacklu
2010-07-11, 12:27 AM

DX OMG!!!!! I must have deleted and respelled that five times before posting, cause I knew that it was Vael not Veal.... DX This is what i get for posting while feverish and hallucinating. .-.

On a related note, have you bought that plane ticket yet? >.>

Krade
2010-07-11, 12:30 AM
I've decided that, if I can get someone to go with me (since I'd rather not do it by myself), I am going to do True Dungeon this year. I just looked through the events and the are still a few with multiple openings. If you are interested in doing this with me, let me know ASAP and we can see if we can work something out.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-11, 01:09 AM
I've always wanted to do this. But I'm scared. Will you hold my hand? :smalleek:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-11, 01:10 AM
What's true dungeon?

Alarra
2010-07-11, 11:21 AM
El J will most definitely be at gencon.

And True Dungeon is......a whole lot of fun. Definitely one of the best events offered at the convention, though pricey. It's basically a live action dungeon crawl, everyone is given a character, you have to figure out a lot of puzzles and it helps if you're good at shuffleboard. :smalltongue:

Jacklu
2010-07-11, 12:34 PM
I bought my plane tickets!!!!!! DXD Wooooo!!!!

Krade
2010-07-11, 11:56 PM
Arg! Stupid True Dungeon! There's only multiple tickets left for the extra hard versions. This is very distressing... I don't want to noob up the extra hard mode for the people who know what they're doing, so I guess I'll just say forget the whole thing for now.

*Sigh*

Maybe next year...

Alarra
2010-07-12, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't worry about that. I did the extra-hard my first time and found that most people that have done it before are more than happy to help people out, a guy in our group even lent us tokens to boost our weapons. And everything's pretty easy to understand as far as how things work, so if you screw things up, it's usually not because you're new to the game. And actually, from my experience even if you die it doesn't really mess things up that much for the rest of the players, they just continue on.

KenderWizard
2010-07-12, 12:51 PM
True Dungeon is expensive! I think I'll have to stick to Imaginary Dungeon for now...

Can I go on the list? I'm only brand new to the forum, but I will be at GenCon, so I don't know if I count or not. It'll be my first GenCon, because I'm from Ireland, which is pretty far away! :smallsmile:

tyckspoon
2010-07-12, 04:10 PM
True Dungeon is expensive! I think I'll have to stick to Imaginary Dungeon for now...

Can I go on the list? I'm only brand new to the forum, but I will be at GenCon, so I don't know if I count or not. It'll be my first GenCon, because I'm from Ireland, which is pretty far away! :smallsmile:

Board account? Check. Attending? Check. Seems like good enough reason to list you to me. Welcome to the board and the con, try not to die too much. :smallwink:

Lex-Kat
2010-07-12, 09:00 PM

Of course you count. :smallsmile: I'll even give you a :biggrin: to show how much you are welcome.

Jacklu
2010-07-13, 01:27 AM
And feel free to stop buy at one of the Giant ITP meetups while you're attending! I think they were at 5pm every day in the... Serpentine Hall... I think.

wxdruid
2010-07-13, 01:35 AM
Yeah, upstairs in the Serpentine lobby, usually around 5pm on each evening. At least I'm usually there and a few others.

KenderWizard
2010-07-13, 06:44 PM
Thanks, everyone! I feel so welcome! :smallbiggrin:

I'd love to come to a meet-up, I'll be there unless I get very lost and can't find it. But if it happens each evening I guess I've got a good shot of finding it eventually!

wxdruid
2010-07-13, 07:36 PM
Just look for me. I'm usually wearing black clothing and I have long dark red hair that reaches past my waist. I also wear wire rimmed glasses.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Hair.jpg

Marillion
2010-07-13, 08:10 PM
You can come say hi to me at the event registration desk between 6:30 AM and 2:30 PM.

In other news, awesome though it is to be PAID to attend gencon, I'm gonna be sooo tired at the end of the week, what with my regular job and all.

WORTH IT

KenderWizard
2010-07-13, 10:38 PM
Just look for me. I'm usually wearing black clothing and I have long dark red hair that reaches past my waist. I also wear wire rimmed glasses.

You've got beautiful hair!

You can come say hi to me at the event registration desk between 6:30 AM and 2:30 PM.

Awesome! I will definitely look out for you. :smallsmile:

Ooh! You guys will be able to recognise me (hopefully) because I've decided to dress as Vaarsuvius! I'm almost finished my costume.

Krade
2010-07-13, 11:24 PM
In other news, awesome though it is to be PAID to attend gencon, I'm gonna be sooo tired at the end of the week, what with my regular job and all.

WORTH IT

I know you pain, man. I know your pain. I mentioned earlier that I did this a couple years ago and I forgot to mention the whole "Start working at 6:30am so you don't miss out on the con" thing. I landed one of my three shifts on Wednesday too, so I only had two shifts during the Con.

Ooh! You guys will be able to recognise me (hopefully) because I've decided to dress as Vaarsuvius! I'm almost finished my costume.

If you need, some of us are not too picky about who we hand our numbers out too. Looking through my phone, I've got the numbers of eight other Playgrounders, most of whom will be attending (I'm not saying I will hand out people's numbers so much as demonstrating we are cool/secure enough to have people's numbers that we met through the internet).

Also, of COURSE we'll recognize you you dressewd as V. Where do you think you are posting?

*Is seriously scared of failing to recognize KenderWizard dressed as V*

Marillion
2010-07-14, 09:33 AM
I know you pain, man. I know your pain. I mentioned earlier that I did this a couple years ago and I forgot to mention the whole "Start working at 6:30am so you don't miss out on the con" thing. I landed one of my three shifts on Wednesday too, so I only had two shifts during the Con.

This'll be my third year in a row doing it, so I've actually probably met you already :smallbiggrin:

But I'm working EVERY DAY of the con, 6:30-2:30. Except Wednesday, 11:30-2:30. And I still don't know what my regular schedule looks like. This'll be fun.:smallamused:

KenderWizard
2010-07-14, 01:24 PM
Also, of COURSE we'll recognize you you dressewd as V. Where do you think you are posting?

*Is seriously scared of failing to recognize KenderWizard dressed as V*

.... Yes, on reflection, you'll probably be able to work it out, alright. I guess unless everyone else dresses as V too!

Lykan
2010-07-14, 02:34 PM
Got a plane ticket, got a badge. Woo. =O

AngelSword
2010-07-14, 05:39 PM
Not only will I be there, but I will also be in the VIG Lounge. :smallbiggrin: Thanks to the stuff I'm doing for Looney Labs, they're getting me a VIG badge.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-15, 01:09 AM
Not only will I be there, but I will also be in the VIG Lounge. :smallbiggrin: Thanks to the stuff I'm doing for Looney Labs, they're getting me a VIG badge.You'll have to let me know how that is. I've been tempted to save up for that but I'm not sure the benefits are worth the cost.

Ceika
2010-07-16, 09:08 AM
Well, it's far from official, but Tantolian and I are hoping we'll be able to make it. We should have badges in hand today. :smallbiggrin:

Now, if only the military will approve his leave... :smallyuk:

Ricky S
2010-07-16, 09:33 AM
Hell yea! I love Gencon you can expect me to be there with bells on. Well not literally. Also I will be attending the Brisbane, Australia Gencon so woot!

Diva De
2010-07-16, 10:35 AM
*jealous sulking*

Krade, why don't I have your number yet?! Fix this.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-16, 12:51 PM
Updated.

AttendanceMoved, again. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8977443&postcount=204)

Zherog
2010-07-16, 03:12 PM
So... what's the meaning of the various smilies? More specifically, why do some folks have :smallsmile:and others have :smallbiggrin: ?

The meetups are every evening at 5pm? I'll see what I can do to drag my shy-self to at least one...

tyckspoon
2010-07-16, 03:40 PM
So... what's the meaning of the various smilies? More specifically, why do some folks have :smallsmile:and others have :smallbiggrin: ?

:smallsmile: Most likely coming
:smallbiggrin: Absolutely confirmed; Badge registration/hotel room already secured, etc.

I think.

Zherog
2010-07-16, 03:46 PM
Oh, I thought I had :smallsmile: because he didn't like Guinness as much as I do. ;)

If that's the case, you can "upgrade" me. I've had my badge and hotel confirmed since the first day each was available. Frankly, you can put me down as "confirmed" for any future GenCon Indy lists as well. :)

Lex-Kat
2010-07-16, 04:37 PM

The meetups are every evening at 5pm? I'll see what I can do to drag my shy-self to at least one...

:smallsmile: Most likely coming
:smallbiggrin: Absolutely confirmed; Badge registration/hotel room already secured, etc.

I think.
Well, that's as a good a reason as any.

Anyone else wish to be upgraded from :smallsmile: to :smallbiggrin:?

Or downgraded, changed, moved, erased altogether? :smalltongue:

ZombieRockStar
2010-07-16, 08:48 PM
Bah. Apparently boyfriend will not be coming, so it'll be just me, then. Oh well, it was a long shot anyway, and I'm still coming :smallbiggrin:. Badge is now ordered and everything.

:smallfrown: It's like course sign-up day and I've logged on two hours late. All the good board games and RPGs are full and all that's left is a million "D&D for cash" events. Not that wandering the floor isn't fun, but still...

Krade
2010-07-16, 10:23 PM
*jealous sulking*

Krade, why don't I have your number yet?! Fix this.

You have my Facebook, isn't that good enough? Also, all the playgrounders in my phone are the ones that I had to call for a relatively important reason. That hasn't happened with you yet, therefore I don't have your number (or vice versa).

Edit: Also, I was under the impression that :smallsmile: meant confirmed and :smallbiggrin: meant confirmed AND Lex-Kat is really excited about it.

Jacklu
2010-07-16, 11:34 PM
Hey Lexy, mind putting Derjuin on the list as :smallbiggrin: ? She is most definitely going. :smallbiggrin::smallcool::smallredface:

Anuan
2010-07-19, 07:27 PM
Gencon is looking more likely! :smallbiggrin: You can purchase a ticket/badge/whateveritis at the entrance, right? Please say yes D:

Lex-Kat
2010-07-19, 08:10 PM
Yes. :smallcool:

KenderWizard
2010-07-19, 08:13 PM
I'm getting so excited! I bought androgynous-wizard shoes yesterday!

Lykan
2010-07-19, 08:29 PM
Gencon is looking more likely! :smallbiggrin: You can purchase a ticket/badge/whateveritis at the entrance, right? Please say yes D:

Yes. :smallcool:

Bring a lawn chair and something to read, though. The line's pretty friggin' big.

wxdruid
2010-07-19, 08:33 PM
Yes, you can buy badges there. It's actually easier to buy the next day badge the night before. You avoid the long lines...

Mystic Muse
2010-07-19, 08:35 PM
Bring a lawn chair and something to read, though. The line's pretty friggin' big.

Maybe some form of music too. My MP3 player has saved me from boredom more times than I can count.

AmberVael
2010-07-19, 08:52 PM
Okay, so here's my deal at the moment.

I've been trying to cut down on my budget as much as possible and work things out so that I could come, and I think I've got some really good deals.

The only thing I'm missing is a place to stay for the duration.

My ideal plan would be to arrive on the 4th (later in the day, certainly after noon) and leave sometime on the 9th. I could potentially arrive on the 5th without too much problem, but leaving on the 9th is rather non-negotiable, given that leaving on the 8th will double my traveling costs (yikes).

So... I don't know if anyone can or will help me with this, but I thought I'd throw this out there. Does anyone have space for me that wouldn't cost too much?

Anuan
2010-07-19, 09:10 PM

The line for the Abbey Tournament was literally about a mile long this year. Maybe a little less. It was insane D:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-19, 09:23 PM
Going to be there on Thursday morning. WOOOOOOOOOOO

KenderWizard
2010-07-19, 11:08 PM
So... I don't know if anyone can or will help me with this, but I thought I'd throw this out there. Does anyone have space for me that wouldn't cost too much?

I don't think I can help you, but I hope you get sorted out! I'm sure you'll be able to find something. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-19, 11:20 PM
Okay, so here's my deal at the moment.

I've been trying to cut down on my budget as much as possible and work things out so that I could come, and I think I've got some really good deals.

The only thing I'm missing is a place to stay for the duration.

My ideal plan would be to arrive on the 4th (later in the day, certainly after noon) and leave sometime on the 9th. I could potentially arrive on the 5th without too much problem, but leaving on the 9th is rather non-negotiable, given that leaving on the 8th will double my traveling costs (yikes).

So... I don't know if anyone can or will help me with this, but I thought I'd throw this out there. Does anyone have space for me that wouldn't cost too much?Aren't you staying with SMEE?

SMEE
2010-07-20, 01:42 AM
The disposable income that I was expecting for this trip is yet to show up.
If the situation isn't sorted out until this Friday, I won't be coming. :smallfrown:

I don't know yet about the hotel arrangements. I might be able to actually pay for the hotel room I booked but not have enough to show up. :smallsigh:

International plane tickets fares are quite expensive. :smallfrown:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-20, 01:51 AM
The disposable income that I was expecting for this trip is yet to show up.
If the situation isn't sorted out until this Friday, I won't be coming. :smallfrown:

I don't know yet about the hotel arrangements. I might be able to actually pay for the hotel room I booked but not have enough to show up. :smallsigh:

International plane tickets fares are quite expensive. :smallfrown:Oh no! :smalleek: I hope you get it sorted soon, SMEE.

Bardic Bunny
2010-07-20, 11:41 AM
Well, that's as a good a reason as any.

Anyone else wish to be upgraded from :smallsmile: to :smallbiggrin:?

Or downgraded, changed, moved, erased altogether? :smalltongue:

PenguinSushi and I need to be upgraded to :smallbiggrin: Our badges came in the mail last week. We're staying with relatives while there, not in a hotel so. The only thing left to do is get a rental car (we don't trust our vehicle for long trips)

We'll be there!

Anuan
2010-07-21, 12:33 AM
I'll have to be downgraded to a :smallfrown:. Or even a :smallmad:. I can't come because of the soon-to-happen election here. Turning up to vote (even if you don't vote. You could draw the cat in the hat, if you liked, on the paper) is mandatory here, and if you're overseas you have to enrol to be an overseas voter and/or find an Australian embassy to vote from, or I'll get fined. :smallsigh:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-21, 12:49 AM
find an Australian embassy to vote from, or I'll get fined. :smallsigh:I happen to know where one is. And it's a hop, skip, and a jump from our place. :smallcool:

Linky (http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=australian+embassy+washington+dc&fb=1&gl=us&hq=australian+embassy&hnear=Washington,+DC&cid=0,0,9515920222020214463&ei=64lGTJ3MJIL7lwfV0uGFBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCkQnwIwAQ)

Viera Champion
2010-07-21, 12:58 AM
What's Gencon?

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-21, 01:09 AM
What's Gencon?

Why, it's The Best Four Days In Gaming (http://www.gencon.com/2010/indy/default.aspx)!

Krade
2010-07-21, 01:20 AM

The question I would need answered is this: Will you be driving yourself? I could offer you to crash at my place, but it's a little far (~6 miles) from downtown. My own plan was to crash at a friends house that's a bit closer (~2.5 miles) but if you can drive us there and back each day, I can offer you my couch.

wxdruid
2010-07-21, 01:22 AM
Vael would probably be flying to Indianapolis.

tcrudisi
2010-07-21, 02:32 AM
I've not had time to read anything but the first post, so if the thread was hijacked, I'm behind (as often happens after 7 pages).

I'll be there. I signed up as a DM for D&D 4e so I'll be running Mini 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3. It's also a great way to get room and pass for free... which is why I did it.

I've never been to GenCon before but I am excited to go this year. Maybe next year I'll have the money available so I won't have to pimp myself off as a DM. :smallamused:

Vaynor
2010-07-21, 03:24 AM
I really wish I could afford to travel across the country. Or, rather, could afford to do it for this and wasn't already doing something across the country at the same time as GenCon. Oh well, maybe next year! You east-coasters get to have all the fun. We should do a west coast meet-up sometime. :smallcool:

I miss GenCon SoCal. :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2010-07-21, 03:24 AM
I'll have to be downgraded to a :smallfrown:. Or even a :smallmad:. I can't come because of the soon-to-happen election here.

I happen to know where one is. And it's a hop, skip, and a jump from our place. :smallcool:

Linky (http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=australian+embassy+washington+dc&fb=1&gl=us&hq=australian+embassy&hnear=Washington,+DC&cid=0,0,9515920222020214463&ei=64lGTJ3MJIL7lwfV0uGFBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCkQnwIwAQ)
I'm hoping that Zeb's info helped you decide you can make it. :smallsmile: So I left you as a :smallconfused:, for now.

Oh wait, that's in Washington D.C.. I don't know if that'd help. :smallfrown:

What's Gencon?
You've been added to the list as :smallfrown:, but if in the next month you decide you can make, let us know and I'll upgrade you.

The question I would need answered is this: Will you be driving yourself? I could offer you to crash at my place, but it's a little far (~6 miles) from downtown. My own plan was to crash at a friends house that's a bit closer (~2.5 miles) but if you can drive us there and back each day, I can offer you my couch.
Well, if Vael can stay with you on the 4th and 9th, I can take her from the fifth to the 8th, as long as she brings a sleeping bag.

SMEE
2010-07-21, 05:10 AM
Downgrade me to a :smallfrown:.

Odds of I making it are now very small.
Dad's at the hospital and I'm not leaving country until he's out.

KenderWizard
2010-07-21, 04:46 PM
Downgrade me to a :smallfrown:.

Odds of I making it are now very small.
Dad's at the hospital and I'm not leaving country until he's out.

Oh no, that's terrible! :smallfrown: I hope he's alright and he gets better soon.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-21, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear that SMEE. :smallfrown: I hope he gets well.

Also Vael, I forgot to mention, if you do decide to stay with me, I'm also providing room to a Ravenous Jacklu. So beware. :smalleek:

AmberVael
2010-07-21, 06:33 PM
Dun dun dun.

I will be flying, by the way, so no, I don't have a car or other way to get around very far. =/

Jacklu
2010-07-21, 08:57 PM
Ravenous? D= =X I am shocked! SHOCKED! at the suggestion that I might do anything less than civil with Vael in the hotel room with us. <.< >.>

*cough cough*

I'm not sure I can express how awesome it would be if Vael stayed with me Lexy and Durjuin for even a few nights. =3

Anuan
2010-07-21, 11:31 PM
I happen to know where one is. And it's a hop, skip, and a jump from our place. :smallcool:

That's pretty awesome :smallbiggrin:
Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to get my passport back and my visa-waiver done before GenCon, and with the way my trip's planned out, GenCon was the only thing making coming in August a better idea than delaying til September. Sadfaec :smallfrown:

However, if you wanna PM me your address or whatever, it'd be awesome to meet you guys :smallbiggrin: Maybe we can arrange a mini meetup or something.

wxdruid
2010-07-21, 11:35 PM
I just want Vael to be able to come. Unfortunately, we're leaving on Sunday and not Monday. :smallfrown:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-22, 12:04 AM
However, if you wanna PM me your address or whatever, it'd be awesome to meet you guys :smallbiggrin: Maybe we can arrange a mini meetup or something.Bwa? You mean Felixaar doesn't have it anymore!? *cries* But okay, ya sure. :smallcool:

Lex-Kat
2010-07-22, 12:30 AM
Vael is now coming, barring any other set backs.

AttendanceMoved to here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9045947&postcount=281)

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-22, 12:39 AM
*reviews list*

Oh, slight change. PuddingTroll will not be in attendance. Sorry if anyone was hoping to bask in his awesomeness that weekend. :smallcool:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-22, 01:01 AM
I wanted some Puddingtroll birthday awesome, but it is probably for the best if he not attend yet. Other than posing with giant statues and inflatable monsters, there isn't much for him to do.

On a random note, Tim "The Angry Badger" will be in on Friday, so Indy gets me all to himself for a day.

wxdruid
2010-07-22, 01:04 AM
Don't forget catlover, she wants to see both LLama and Indurain at GenCon!

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-22, 01:49 AM
I wanted some Puddingtroll birthday awesome, but it is probably for the best if he not attend yet. Other than posing with giant statues and inflatable monsters, there isn't much for him to do. His birthday is the following weekend. Should you be so incined, you'd be most welcome to attend the festivities (which have not yet been arranged :smalleek:). :smallcool:

Anuan
2010-07-22, 03:34 AM
Bwa? You mean Felixaar doesn't have it anymore!? *cries* But okay, ya sure. :smallcool:

Felix probably does, but I moved away from him ages ago and we've both been busy :smalltongue:

Tah muchly.

Hope everyone has much fun during GenCon.

Penguinsushi
2010-07-22, 10:20 AM
Oh, slight change. PuddingTroll will not be in attendance. Sorry if anyone was hoping to bask in his awesomeness that weekend. :smallcool:

Awww..... .....but yeah, probably a *lot* more fun for you & the goddess that way...

I wanted some Puddingtroll birthday awesome, but it is probably for the best if he not attend yet. Other than posing with giant statues and inflatable monsters, there isn't much for him to do.

Still, you can't underestimate how cool that is...

On a random note, Tim "The Angry Badger" will be in on Friday, so Indy gets me all to himself for a day.

hmm... ....yeah, I'll be crashing that party on thursday. we may have to fight over the canadian.

~PS

EvilJames
2010-07-22, 01:52 PM
:smallbiggrin:I will be attending again this year.My friends and I got a room at a brand new hotel a block or so away from the convention center. By the Museum.

I do miss the days of hoboconing at gencon though. Did it for 4 years and then one year with my girlfriend, would have done it the next year but her mom got us a hotel for 2 nights and we decided to spend the extra money on it ever since. (also our group has ballooned from 3 of us to 5 sometimes 6 or more so hoboconing doesn't work quite as well as it used too.)

been away for awhile.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-22, 06:07 PM
Hey Zeb, could you post in the OP where we are meeting and when in big bolded letters so no one can miss it? :smallsmile:

Just wondering.

I believe it's 5 pm every night, and the Serpentine Lobby. But is it the East lobby, or the West lobby? :smallconfused: Or is that North/South? Left/Right? :smallsigh:

AmberVael
2010-07-22, 07:49 PM
Hey Zeb, could you post in the OP where we are meeting and when in big bolded letters so no one can miss it? :smallsmile:

Just wondering.

I believe it's 5 pm every night, and the Serpentine Lobby. But is it the East lobby, or the West lobby? :smallconfused: Or is that North/South? Left/Right? :smallsigh:

According to tradition, probably opposite of wherever we actually decide to meet. :smalltongue:

Jacklu
2010-07-22, 09:50 PM

It is the Dark Side.

KenderWizard
2010-07-22, 09:52 PM
Now I'm having accommodation issues. I am definitely still coming, even if we have to take naps under tables and live out of our car, but really I'd rather have a bed!

Myself and my boyfriend had a place booked in a B&B, back when we were arranging our summer jobs. Since then, both of us have had separate issues with being paid, and neither of us are getting as much money from our summer jobs as we had budgeted for, so we had to cancel our reservation in the nice-but-expensive B&B.

Does anyone have any advice for what to do? We're both pretty easy-going, we wouldn't mind moving around or sharing a single bed or crashing on a floor. We have a few friends sharing a suite, but they're still in Ireland and we're having trouble getting in touch with them because they're being kind of useless at answering emails.

We're looking around for a substitute hotel room right now, so hopefully we'll find something cheap, but if we don't, what could we do?

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-22, 11:24 PM

Just wondering.

I believe it's 5 pm every night, and the Serpentine Lobby. But is it the East lobby, or the West lobby? :smallconfused: Or is that North/South? Left/Right? :smallsigh:I've done what I can with what I have. Is good? :smallcool:

Krade
2010-07-23, 12:08 AM
So who's gonna be responsible for the sign?

wxdruid
2010-07-23, 12:10 AM
Not me, I wouldn't even remember to bring the pen/paper...

Pink
2010-07-23, 12:37 AM
I'm totally looking forward to one of these meet-ups and getting into highjinks most rare and unusual with other playgrounders.

Also, I might as well be upgrade to a :smallbiggrin: as well. There is absolute surety I will be there. Unless I die or something major. But that's not likely.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-23, 12:49 AM
Alarra and I will be responsible for said sign. :smallcool:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-23, 02:33 PM
From Z-MAN GAMES website.

"At this year's Gen Con, Z-Man Games is celebrating it's 10th anniversary! To celebrate the auspicious occasion, we will be giving out t-shirts with every purchase as well as having a raffle to win one of every Z-Man game in stock. One entry per person. Also at Gen Con, Tom Wham is our special guest and he will demoing Kings & Things* (sorry, we won't have any for sale) plus he'll sign your favorite game. Also, check out our live Pandemic event. This will be an awesome Gen Con celebration!"

Z-Man games is responsible for Agricola, Pandemic, the B-movie Horror Games, as well as many others.

KenderWizard
2010-07-23, 10:04 PM
So today we got some maps from AAA to help us drive to Indianapolis, and we also got a Tour Book that included it, to look up restaurants and stuff while we're there.

In the Indianapolis section of the Tour Book, there's a bit on Special Events: things the city hosts at certain times, but that won't always be on, such as the Indy500 and various fairs and such. And GenCon isn't mentioned! To give an idea of how many events are mentioned, the Shelby County Blue River Dulcimer Festival is. I am shocked!

Marillion
2010-07-23, 10:52 PM
So today we got some maps from AAA to help us drive to Indianapolis, and we also got a Tour Book that included it, to look up restaurants and stuff while we're there.

In the Indianapolis section of the Tour Book, there's a bit on Special Events: things the city hosts at certain times, but that won't always be on, such as the Indy500 and various fairs and such. And GenCon isn't mentioned! To give an idea of how many events are mentioned, the Shelby County Blue River Dulcimer Festival is. I am shocked!

Shock and horror!

Lex-Kat
2010-07-24, 12:31 AM
I call for a boycott!! Down with AAA!! :furious:

Or, I guess we could call them and ask them politely if they realize what a huge draw GenCon is?

Marillion
2010-07-24, 12:33 AM
But that would be the reasonable solution, and as such is not a viable course of action.

Krade
2010-07-24, 02:24 AM
I wonder if it says anything about the Super Bowl in 2012? Or the Grand National High School Marching Band Competition. Or the Final Four. Or the Children's Museum. Or the FFA Convention. Or the fact that there are more Steak n' Shakes in Indianapolis than other city anywhere (Yes, I actually know this...)?

KenderWizard
2010-07-24, 11:29 AM
I wonder if it says anything about the Super Bowl in 2012? Or the Grand National High School Marching Band Competition. Or the Final Four. Or the Children's Museum. Or the FFA Convention. Or the fact that there are more Steak n' Shakes in Indianapolis than other city anywhere (Yes, I actually know this...)?

Let's see... *riffles through pages*
Doesn't mention the SuperBowl, presumably the 2011 and 2012 versions will?
I can't find the Grand National High School Marching Band Competition, but it sounds awesome!
What's the Final Four?
It's big into the Children's museum, it mentions it all over the place! It's an Editor's Pick.
Doesn't mention any conventions at all, actually.
Not really sure where to look up obscure steak-related facts...

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-24, 03:49 PM
From Z-MAN GAMES website.

Z-Man games is responsible for Agricola, Pandemic, the B-movie Horror Games, as well as many others.This is awesome. I know I'll be in line. :smallcool:

I wonder if it says anything about the Super Bowl in 2012? Or the Grand National High School Marching Band Competition. Or the Final Four. Or the Children's Museum. Or the FFA Convention. Or the fact that there are more Steak n' Shakes in Indianapolis than other city anywhere (Yes, I actually know this...)?Steak 'n' Shake! :smallbiggrin: Might as well go ahead and reserve my table there for the whole of GenCon.

Alarra
2010-07-24, 03:51 PM
Steak 'n' Shake! :smallbiggrin: Might as well go ahead and reserve my table there for the whole of GenCon.

*shakes head* but...but....we're dieting? :smallfrown:

PhoeKun
2010-07-24, 04:02 PM
*shakes head* but...but....we're dieting? :smallfrown:

The obvious solution is to only order the single steakburger instead of the triple. And split a shake.

...What do you mean it doesn't work that way? No fair!

Krade
2010-07-24, 08:20 PM
Let's see... *riffles through pages*
Doesn't mention the SuperBowl, presumably the 2011 and 2012 versions will?
I can't find the Grand National High School Marching Band Competition, but it sounds awesome!
What's the Final Four?
It's big into the Children's museum, it mentions it all over the place! It's an Editor's Pick.
Doesn't mention any conventions at all, actually.
Not really sure where to look up obscure steak-related facts...

I worked a concession stand for the Band Competition thing a couple years ago. Got to watch some of it. It was pretty cool. I'm really surprised it doesn't mention the Final Four. It's definitely one of the top 5 sporting events in the country (and the main reason I'm glad I don't live or work downtown). It's the finals for the college basketball tournament every March. I actually used to volunteer at the Children's Museum... *does maths* 12 years ago. It was really fun but I'm not sure they have a volunteer program anymore. And Steak n' Shake is a restaurant. Almost fast food but better and open 24 hours and one is located 2-3 blocks from the convention center. It's pretty much the coolest national restaurant franchise ever. And even though they started in Normal, Illinois, the company's head office is also located here in Indy.

I guess it is kinda sad that I actual know all of these random facts about Steak n' Shake, but the place is awesome enough that I don't care.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-24, 08:33 PM
The obvious solution is to only order the single steakburger instead of the triple. And split a shake.

...What do you mean it doesn't work that way? No fair!
Is Phoe coming? I don't have her listed in my list of people who have posted and may or may not come. :smallconfused:

KenderWizard
2010-07-24, 10:39 PM
I worked a concession stand for the Band Competition thing a couple years ago. Got to watch some of it. It was pretty cool. I'm really surprised it doesn't mention the Final Four. It's definitely one of the top 5 sporting events in the country (and the main reason I'm glad I don't live or work downtown). It's the finals for the college basketball tournament every March. I actually used to volunteer at the Children's Museum... *does maths* 12 years ago. It was really fun but I'm not sure they have a volunteer program anymore. And Steak n' Shake is a restaurant. Almost fast food but better and open 24 hours and one is located 2-3 blocks from the convention center. It's pretty much the coolest national restaurant franchise ever. And even though they started in Normal, Illinois, the company's head office is also located here in Indy.

I guess it is kinda sad that I actual know all of these random facts about Steak n' Shake, but the place is awesome enough that I don't care.

Wow, you're way better at this than the book! You don't happen to know anything about Batesville IN or Harrison OH, do you? They're both between Cincinnati and Indy.

Marillion
2010-07-25, 08:36 AM
For the record, the children's museum is AWESOME.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2010-07-25, 09:38 AM
For the record, the children's museum is AWESOME.

For the record, the sausage factory is also awesome until you work there.

EvilJames
2010-07-27, 12:14 AM
My friends an I hit the Steak N' Shake there as an annual tradition. It's wierd because pretty much everybody loves the restaurant but the one in our home town closed maybe a year after it opened.

Anyway I'll be there again for the meet up this year, but once again I'll be going to the dance so I won't be able to hang out the whole time.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-27, 12:23 AM
As far as the meetup thing goes. Historically we've tried to run a game of Werewolf while we're there. This year, Alarra and I actually have werewolf role cards that can accomodate up to almost 70 players. There are tons of roles available, but it takes a little bit of planning to get the right balance for a given number of people.

So, with that in mind, are people interested in doing this? If so, which night/s? Would it be possible to get a ballpark for how many we'd be looking at having play?

If you're not sure if you want to play, it's a TON of fun. So, you do. :smallcool:

wxdruid
2010-07-27, 12:25 AM
For those who would be interested... I would like to play another crazy D&D game. Although I'm not sure it would be able to match last years. That was crazy! Those who might be interested, let me know. :smallsmile: I'm sure we can find some time for it.

ZombieRockStar
2010-07-27, 12:36 AM
For the record, the sausage factory is also awesome until you work there.

Laws and sausage, of course (a quote that is, apparently, usually mis-attributed to Bismark). This would, incidentally, be the reason why, if I end up at a Steak & Shake, I will have only the shake (not that those aren't damn good shakes, mind you).

This year, Alarra and I actually have werewolf role cards that can accomodate up to almost 70 players. There are tons of roles available, but it takes a little bit of planning to get the right balance for a given number of people.

While whoever gets stuck as the narrator has to constantly check the book to remember what each role actually does. :smallwink:

Of course...with 70 players...just trying to remember who everyone is would probably be the greatest challenge. "You wake up the next morning to find...uh...*turns to victim* what was your name again?"

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-27, 01:07 AM
ZRS - I'm pretty sure we won't have quite that many (would we?), but yeah, I see your point. I'm expecting something closer to 30 if history is any guide, but there's still the issue with there always being a strong contingent of Playgrounders I've never met and me being terribly bad with names. :smallcool:

*nametags, yes, nametags!*

Gwen - would you be running said game? If not, do you have a person in mind who would be? I might be interested, but I'm interested in playing, not running.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-27, 03:39 AM
I believe Gwen will be running it, yes. At least, she did last year for Jacklu, Lykan, Vael, and I.

We talked to Destro and was granted a spell by IM. :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2010-07-27, 01:48 PM
Yes, I would be the DM. You would create your own semi-crazy character at a level yet to be decided... I'm checking for interest right now so I can decide on one of the several short adventures I have.

KenderWizard
2010-07-27, 04:20 PM
*nametags, yes, nametags!*

Really elaborate nametags, with real name, forum name and picture of usual avatar! That would be best!

Also, big crazy D&D game sounds pretty awesome!

Alarra
2010-07-27, 04:40 PM
Okay, we'll make name tags for everyone too. :smallsmile: PM me your real name, if you want it on there and I don't already know it, and the avatar you'd like used, if it isn't the one next to your name right now. Of course, if you don't want a nametag, let me know that too and we won't make you one.

AmberVael
2010-07-27, 04:51 PM
For those who would be interested... I would like to play another crazy D&D game. Although I'm not sure it would be able to match last years.

The highlight of last year, of course, being the summoning of the flying trout. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/RequestJ2.jpg) (The spell mentioned by Lex).

The crazy character being a cleric of a lamp, and his servant fumbles.

That game was fun. :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2010-07-27, 05:23 PM
:smallbiggrin: :smallcool: It was a fun game... I enjoyed it. :smalltongue:

Krade
2010-07-28, 12:31 AM
This finally prompted me to change my avatar back to my usual. I'm really bad at that after a theme week I actually participate in. *Remembers Cat-Muffin week in October of '08 and how it was over a year before I changed my avatar back*

Anyways, name badges would be awesome, though I'm not sure the real name thing will be necesary for everyone since a lot of us (myself included) will probably have it on our GenCon badges. But whatever, sending PM now...

*Remembers that Alarra already has all the relevant info*
*Sends PM anyway*

Jacklu
2010-07-28, 01:17 AM
As far as the meetup thing goes. Historically we've tried to run a game of Werewolf while we're there. This year, Alarra and I actually have werewolf role cards that can accomodate up to almost 70 players. There are tons of roles available, but it takes a little bit of planning to get the right balance for a given number of people.

So, with that in mind, are people interested in doing this? If so, which night/s? Would it be possible to get a ballpark for how many we'd be looking at having play?

If you're not sure if you want to play, it's a TON of fun. So, you do. :smallcool:

I've tried Werewolf games on Giant and failed horribly to grasp the rules... ._. Willing to try if you are willing to be patient.

For those who would be interested... I would like to play another crazy D&D game. Although I'm not sure it would be able to match last years. That was crazy! Those who might be interested, let me know. :smallsmile: I'm sure we can find some time for it.

Insanely fun! And we managed to break the campaign in record time! FOR THE LAAAAAMP!!!!

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-28, 01:24 AM
I've tried Werewolf games on Giant and failed horribly to grasp the rules... ._. Willing to try if you are willing to be patient.Patience I've got. Also, playing Werewolf in person bears very little resemblance to playing them here on the boards. There're far fewer roles to worry about. There's no issue with backroom dealings because no one's able to speak privately with anyone.

On that note, traditionally we have people clap hands or tap feet for ambient noise during the night phase. I'm thinking there must be a better way. Ideas?

Lykan
2010-07-28, 01:38 AM
And we managed to break the campaign in record time!

With a single rarely applicable spell, if I recall correctly.

And a trout god.

wxdruid
2010-07-28, 04:42 AM
Something to add to the festivities. catlover's birthday is on the 6th of Aug, she'll be turning the ripe old age of 12.