PDA

View Full Version : Entropic Reaper rebuild help? 3.5

Rosalinath
2010-01-26, 05:47 PM
I need help. While I was roaming through my pdfs on my hard drives I reread Heroes of Horror and found the Entropic Reaper.

This guy is perhaps my favourate monster ever, but its obvious that this guy is never going to effective as a character. Besides his obviously high amount of HD he also has large amounts of abilities.

Can someone help me find some way that I could make a character that could fit the archtype that this monster represents? It doesn't need to be exceedingly powerful just not weak. Anything but psionics is allowed and non-epic is reccomended. No Dragon magizines either

arguskos
2010-01-26, 05:50 PM
Uh... several things:
1. I assume you mean the Entropic Reaper from Libris Mortis? There is no such reaper in HoH.

2. What, exactly, are you wanting to focus on here? Being a melee character who uses oversized scythes and calls themselves the Grim Reaper? Being a vessel for primordial chaos? Both? Neither? Fishsticks? That'd really help in getting a feel for what you're going for.

Rosalinath
2010-01-26, 05:56 PM
sorry about that >.< It was about 3 A.M. when I was roaming through my files so I'm not suprized by that screw up.

As for the theme I think it would be a little of both. Mostly the idea in my head would be an undead style character who turns ethereal/astral in order to catch enemies off guard and then reappear to chop them to bits. Everything else is up in the air

arguskos
2010-01-26, 05:59 PM
So, undead, must be good in melee, uses planejumping tricks to ambush enemies.

Initial idea: Necropolitian gish of some kind. Problem: doesn't get planejumping much.

Second idea: Necropolitan meleer with a unique "Astral Reaper" prestige class that permits plane jumping like that. Problem: is homebrew, likely to not be accepted.

Third idea: Wait for someone more experienced than me to come along and figure out the planejumping aspect. >_> Problem: I feel like a useless bint. :smallbiggrin:

Ernir
2010-01-26, 06:16 PM
I'd consider some form of a Shadowpouncer. The Crinti Shadow Marauder (Shining South) and the Telfammar Shadowlord (Unapprochable East) both get the the ability to make a full attack after teleporting. If teleporting/dimension dooring is not enough... well, you got me. The best I can think of in that case is some kind of caster that stocks up on plane-hopping.

And yes, Necropolitian for all your non-crappy undead needs. :smalltongue:

Cog
2010-01-26, 06:20 PM
Sticking with the idea of Necropolitan to pick up your undead-goodness, Duskblade might do the trick - you cast spells through your melee weapon to replicate the Entropic Blade power, and you get a few nice mobility spells. Etherealness isn't quite one of them, but then the Reaper's plane shift is only 1/day anyway.

Starbuck_II
2010-01-26, 06:27 PM
sorry about that >.< It was about 3 A.M. when I was roaming through my files so I'm not suprized by that screw up.

As for the theme I think it would be a little of both. Mostly the idea in my head would be an undead style character who turns ethereal/astral in order to catch enemies off guard and then reappear to chop them to bits. Everything else is up in the air

Granted, but the Entropic Reaper doesn't do that.

I'd suggest Warblade with Martial Study Cloak of Deception (improved invisible for 1 rd). Warblade lets you regain it as a swift action.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-01-27, 02:41 AM
This thing rocks. Greater magic weapon and divine might with quicken SLA and a War chanter make this thing sexy against casters. Wizards go down easy, but sorcerers are a problem.

arguskos
2010-01-27, 02:46 AM
I'd consider some form of a Shadowpouncer. The Crinti Shadow Marauder (Shining South) and the Telfammar Shadowlord (Unapprochable East) both get the the ability to make a full attack after teleporting. If teleporting/dimension dooring is not enough... well, you got me. The best I can think of in that case is some kind of caster that stocks up on plane-hopping.

And yes, Necropolitian for all your non-crappy undead needs. :smalltongue:
Ah-ha! Shadowpounce, that was what I was failing to remember.

Alternatively, find a way to get Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt on all the time. Or just cast it a lot. Free Dim Door once a round=lots of teleporty attacks. Frequent Jaunt on a Duskblade or a Gish=loldeath.