PDA

View Full Version : PRC: The Moronic Fist - PEACH

Mongoose87
2010-01-26, 07:35 PM
Inspired by the Psionic Fist and Forrest Gump, I present to you, the Moronic Fist. Moar fluff to come.

"Sensei, I believe Ryan is eating my lunchbox." - Confused comrade of a Moronic Fist

Prerequisites:
Class Features: Purity of Body
Feats: Stunning Fist
Attributes: Negative Intelligence Modifier
Special: Must have failed an IQ test

Hit Die: D8

Class Skills

The Moronic Fist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level

8 + Int modifier.

The Moronic Fist
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+2|Monk Abilities, The Zen of Dumb, Stupefying Fist

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Dumbsight: 5ft

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+3|Stupid is as Stupid Does

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+4|Touch of Idiocy

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+4|Idiot Proof

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+5|Dense

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+5|Dumb Luck

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+6|Idiot Savant

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+6|Where Smart Goes to Die

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+7|Dumbsight: 10ft

11th|
+11|
+7|
+7|
+7| Idiot's Array

12th|
+12|
+8|
+8|
+8|Strike of Perfect Idiocy

13th|
+13|
+8|
+8|
+8|Thick as a Brick

14th|
+14|
+9|
+9|
+9|Improved Idiot's Array

15th|
+15|
+9|
+9|
+9|Thought Singularity, Dumbsight: 15ft[/table]

Monk Abilities: Levels of Moronic Fist stack with levels of Monk for purposes of determining your unarmed damage, AC bonus, Flurry of Blows attacks and attack bonus, Unarmored speed, Stunning Fist uses and slow fall.

The Zen of Dumb: One of the first parts of Moronic Fist training is in action. A Moronic Fist is taught tactics, common sense, intuition, without the burdens of "why" or how." At first level, you receive a bonus to your Wisdom score equal to ten minus your intelligence score. Reducing or increasing your intelligence score does not alter this bonus.

Stupefying Fist: Your strikes are imbued with the sheer force of Stupidity. When fighting unarmed, you add one third of your class level to damage and attack rolls. Your unarmed strikes count as a magical weapon with an enhancement bonus equal to one third your class level.

Dumbsight: The absence of thought within your head makes the presence of thought in others' seem somewhat foreign. As such, even if you cannot see them, you sense the presence and position of any intelligent creature within 5ft of you. This increases to 10 at 10th level and 15 at 15th level.

Stupid is as Stupid Does: A Moronic Fist's actions speak louder than his words, mostly because your words tend to be incoherent, or plain stupid. You may add your Wisdom modifier to all Charisma based skills.

Touch of Idiocy: Focusing on the thoughts you sense in another, you can will them away by sheer stupidity. Starting at fourth level, you may use Touch of Idiocy as a supernatural ability. The save DC is equal to 10+1/2 class level + your Wisdom modifier. You may use this ability once per day per three class levels. You may channel it through a melee attack. A missed attack does not bur na daily use.

Idiot Proof: Though slow, the mind of a Moronic Fist is not weak. In fact, it is damn near indestructible. At fifth level, you become immune to Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma damage.

Dense: By the gods, are you ever dense! That kind of mass has its advantages, however. You may apply your Wisdom Modifier to all checks to make or resist grapples, bullrushes, tramples, trips and disarms.

Dumb Luck: It is not uncommon for you to be confused when someone explains something to you. In fact, it sometimes works to your advantage. Any time you are successfully bluffed, there is a 15% chance that you misunderstand and are convinced the actual truth.

Where Smart Goes to Die:You now not only will others' thoughts away, you can consume them to rejuvenate yourself. Any time you deal Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma damage, you are healed a number of hitpoints equal to the total of the Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma damage you deal.

Idiot's Array: Math is definitely not your strong suit. Numbers, in general, can boggle your mind and you tend to make quite a few mistakes, when dealing with them. Any time you deal single-digit hitpoint damage with two consecutive unarmed attacks, you may choose to, instead, deal damage as though the damage of the first attack where the tens value and the second the ones value. For example, if two attacks dealt 6 and 5 damage respectively, they could deal 65 damage, instead. This ability does not work if you intentionally reduce your damage.

Idiot Savant: Once per day, when making any Intelligence or Wisdom-based check, you may add your class level to the roll.

Strike of Perfect Idiocy: Focusing your will, you strike out and impose stupidity on another. Once a week, you may spend a full-round action to make a single unarmed strike at a target. If it hits, it deals damage as normal, plus Intelligence Damage equal to your Wisdom Modifier. You may gain an additional use of this ability by expending four uses of Stunning Fist.

Thick as a Brick: Your training further strengthens your mind. You are always treated as though under the effect of a Mind Blank spell.

Improved Idiot's Array: Your Idiot's Array ability now functions with healing you receive. If you are healed two consecutive one-digit amounts, you treat them as a single two-digit number. Healing from fast healing, rest or any natural healing is not affected by this ability.

Thought Singularity: You are so dense, thoughts disappear into your head. By focusing on this, you may force your enemies into a state of mindlessness. You spend a full-round action, extending your mind to all enemies within your Dumbsight. At the end of this action, they must all make a Will save with a DC of 10+Class level + your Wisdom Modifier. Any failing this save are randomly confused, panicked, dazed, nauseated, cowering or stunned. A new save is allowed each round to end the state. No memories of what happened while under the effects of Thought Singularity are retained.

EDIT: Alter the AC bonus and Wisdom bonus(Zen of Dumb), completely changed "Idiot Proof," allowed Touch of Idiocy to be channeled through a melee attack, added "Thick as a Brick," the two "Idiot's Array" abilities and "Dumb Luck"

DracoDei
2010-01-26, 08:58 PM
Like the idea... note that trading in 4 daily uses out of 10+ for an a weekly means the trade might tend to happen a lot.

Strudel110
2010-01-26, 10:37 PM
This is great both funny and appears to be functional, good job!

Rithaniel
2010-01-26, 11:48 PM
Inspired by the Psionic Fist and Forrest Gump, I present to you, the Moronic Fist. Moar fluff to come.

"Sensei, I believe Ryan is eating my lunchbox." - Confused comrade of a Moronic Fist

Prerequisites:
Class Features: Purity of Body
Feats: Stunning Fist
Special: Must have failed an IQ test

Hit Die: D8

Class Skills

The Moronic Fist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level

8 + Int modifier.

Psionic Fist and Forrest Gump, eh? Well, skills are gooood, you have Listen and Spot on there, so, that's one cookie. Prerequisites prevent you from taking it till 6th level, so, we see that this is a patch to the Monk, and we'll see how that goes. I loled at the Special Prereq, btw.

1 Cookie

The Moronic Fist
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+2|Monk Abilities, Idiot Proof, Stupefying Fist

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Dumbsight: 5ft

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+3|Stupid is as Stupid Does

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+4|Touch of Idiocy

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+4|

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+5|Dense

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+5|

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+6|Idiot Savant

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+6|Where Smart Goes to Die

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+7|Dumbsight: 10ft

11th|
+11|
+7|
+7|
+7|

12th|
+12|
+8|
+8|
+8|Strike of Perfect Idiocy

13th|
+13|
+8|
+8|
+8|

14th|
+14|
+9|
+9|
+9|

15th|
+15|
+9|
+9|
+9|Thought Singularity, Dumbsight: 15ft[/table]

Okay, full BAB and all three good saves = Outsider HD, very good, I must bow my head in recognition that you would desire that, you get another cookie. Past that though, dear lord, you have so many freaking dead levels, it's not even funny, have to lose a cookie for that.

1 Cookie

Monk Abilities: Levels of Moronic Fist stack with levels of Monk for purposes of determining your unarmed damage, AC bonus, Flurry of Blows attacks and attack bonus, Unarmored speed, Stunning Fist uses and slow fall.

It works, you get the exoskeleton of the Monk along with you, while gaining benefits of another class. Not cookie worthy, but, lets see how this goes.

1 Cookie

Idiot Proof: Korgash Stonefist, trainer of the original Moronic Fists once remarked: "Though I throw stones, there are no ripples in the pond." As a Moronic Fist, it is difficult to impress anything upon you, including physical harm. You may choose to use the absolute value of the total of your negative Wisdom and Intelligence modifiers in place of your Wisdom, for purposes of determining your AC bonus and the save DC for your Stunning Fist ability. You also add this value to your Will save.

Okay, so, if you have -4 Wisdom and -4 Intelligence, you'd be treated as having +8 Wisdom? Seems okay at first glance, but, on the other side of the spectrum, I could just get +12 Wisdom. I'm afraid that doesn't earn you a cookie. On top of this, it encourages you to have been a badly built Monk for 5 levels beforehand, meaning that you are encouraging the player to suffer, so, you have to lose a cookie for that.

0 Cookies

Stupefying Fist: Your strikes are imbued with the sheer force of Stupidity. When fighting unarmed, you add one third of your class level to damage and attack rolls. Your unarmed strikes count as a magical weapon with an enhancement bonus equal to one third your class level.

Okay, yeah, that's good, so you wind up (assuming Class Levels refers to your Moronic Fist level) with +5 fists at level 20. Bad thing there is that you can't have them be speed weapons, can't have em be collision weapons, and everybody else has +8 or +9 weapons around that point, with reach. So, good, but, not cookie worthy.

0 Cookies

Dumbsight: The absence of thought within your head makes the presence of thought in others' seem somewhat foreign. As such, even if you cannot see them, you sense any intelligent creature within 5ft of you. This increases to 10 at 10th level and 15 at 15th level.

Uhm, does this work like Blindsight? Tremorsense? Blindsense? Scent? Something Else? If it's something else, might wanna specify all the stuff that Dumbsight lets you... see. Though, right now, the range is very short, so, can't give you cookie for that.

0 Cookies

[/B]Stupid is as Stupid Does: A Moronic Fist's actions speak louder than his words, mostly because your words tend to be incoherent, or plain stupid. You may add your Idiot Proof bonus to all Charisma based skills.

Sounds good, looks good, winds up being hilarious, cause you could be an amazing diplomacy build with this class now, you have to earn a cookie for sheer funny, from this.

1 Cookie

Touch of Idiocy: Focusing on the thoughts you sense in another, you can will them away by sheer stupidity. Starting at fourth level, you may use Touch of Idiocy as a supernatural ability. The save DC is equal to 10+1/2 class level + your Idiot Proof bonus. You may use this ability once per day per three class levels.

No synergy with earlier benefits, and grants a new option to someone who wants to be attacking, not wasting a round by using a spell that the Wizard would know several levels earlier. Not to mention that the Save DC can't get very high, due to this. Lost a cookie.

0 Cookies

Dense: By the gods, are you ever dense! That kind of mass has its advantages, however. You may apply your Idiot Proof bonus to all checks to make or resist grapples, bullrushes, tramples, trips and disarms.

Yeah, it works, makes you a very good anchor. I can see the big, dumb half-orc with this class just standing there saying, "Uh, what you doing?" while the Marut tried to push him down.

0 Cookies

Where Smart Goes to Die:You now not only will others' thoughts away, you can consume them to rejuvenate yourself. Any time you deal intelligence, wisdom or charisma damage, you are healed a number of hitpoints equal to the total of the Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma damage you deal.

Hmmm, some synergy with Touch of Idiocy, but, healing needs to be much, much higher, cause, at this point, you are level 14, and things are throwing around hundreds of points of damage like they were free. 1d6 points isn't gonna be enough for you to notice.

0 Cookies

Idiot Savant: Once per day, when making any Intelligence or Wisdom-based check, you may add your class level to the roll.

Well, lets see. Lets assume you put a 1 into Wisdom, and need to make a Listen check. With this, at, say, ecl 20, get a +10 base bonus to that check. On the other hand, if you went positive, you could have 34 Wisdom by that ecl, and have a +12 base bonus on all Listen checks you make.

Strike of Perfect Idiocy: Focusing your will, you strike out and impose stupidity on another. Once a week, you may spend a full-round action to make a single unarmed strike at a target. If it hits, it deals damage as normal, plus enough Intelligence and Wisdom damage to bring these two scores to be less than or equal to yours. You may gain an additional use of this ability by expending four uses of Stunning Fist.

So, it's a melee range Feeblemind? Well, at least it is level appropriate, and doesn't offer a save. Also, according to the Stunning Fist rule, you are effectively making this usable 5 times a day, plus one extra time a week. This is okay, though, so, you earn a cookie.

1 Cookie

Thought Singularity: You are so dense, thoughts disappear into your head. By focusing on this, you may force your enemies into a state of mindlessness. You spend a full-round action, extending your mind to all enemies within your Dumbsight. At the end of this action, they must all make a Will save with a DC of 10+Class level. Any failing this save are randomly confused, panicked, dazed, nauseated, cowering or stunned. A new save is allowed each round to end the state. No memories of what happened while under the effects of Thought Singularity are retained.

Okay, this works, though, you run into the problem of the save being so low, and the range of this ability being so small, that it can be widely ignored. Should probably work on that, until then, no cookie for this.

1 Cookie

----------

Alright, looking back over this, you need to give more goodies, and more synergy between the goodies, and fill up a lot of those deal levels, cause they are painful to go through as a player. The idea was funny, for sure, but, really, you need to repair this small trainwreck (also, just curious, but does Though Singularity have an effect on mindless creatures?)

Dust
2010-01-26, 11:54 PM
My only problem with the Moronic Fist is that technically, there's nothing stopping you from going into this PRC with a maxed-out-INT character other than the 'special' fluff prereq.
Consider this woefully unblanced suggestion; at levels 2, 4, 6 and every second level thereafter, the Moronic Fist permanenly loses one point of Intelligence and gains one point of Constitution. This represents their general thick-headedness and higher pain tolerance, as they may not instantly recognize what 'pain' feels like.

Mongoose87
2010-01-27, 12:11 PM
I was considering making it only a 10 level PRC - that would condense the benefits, leaving less dead levels. Would that b a good idea?

DracoDei
2010-01-27, 12:51 PM
No, then it doesn't take you to Character Level 20th... which it needs to do.

Mongoose87
2010-01-27, 03:21 PM
No, then it doesn't take you to Character Level 20th... which it needs to do.

If it's ten level, you could take a level of Swordsage, which, with proper feat selection, gets you into Master of Nine, allowing you to pick up a crapton of maneuvers. You decide whether you want Mornic Fist 9 or Mo9 4.

Rithaniel
2010-01-27, 08:23 PM
Nah, you don't need to make it shorter, dude, you need to make it better (Though, you can make it shorter if you really want). For example, instead of offering entire new options to the character (like the touch of idiocy ability), try offering 'exoskeleton' abilities, like, when you make an attack and hit, you deal 2 points of Intelligence or Wisdom damage, at your choosing. Stuff like that, that can be added to your attacks without changing the attack itself. Also, broaden the horizons of the class, like, instead of just doing 'I'm stupid, and I can make you stupid as well', do 'I'm stupid, this allows me to become immune to mind-affecting affects, and makes it so that I'm invisible to mindsight and all that' or 'I'm too stupid to know I should be afraid of stuff (immunity to fear)'

Also, you need to fix the balance of some of the abilities, since encouraging negative ability modifiers is extremely dangerous. I'd say, instead of having it be "You may choose to use the absolute value of the total of your negative Wisdom and Intelligence modifiers in place of your Wisdom", have it be "At first level, you add an ammount equal to (15 - your Intelligence score) to your Wisdom score. This is a one time, permeneant, untyped increase to your Wisdom score".

DracoDei
2010-01-27, 10:41 PM
A useful ability might be something that keeps your INT and WIS from falling below 1 due to poison, disease, or magic. If you keep the thing about rewarding low ability modifiers (which I am not so sure why it is dangerous), then making them immune to ANY alteration of those scores (positive or negative) might be a good balancing factor.

Rithaniel
2010-01-27, 11:01 PM
Copy/Paste from the SRD:

While any loss is debilitating, losing all points in an ability score can be devastating.
Strength 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He lies helpless on the ground.
Dexterity 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He stands motionless, rigid, and helpless.
Constitution 0 means that the character is dead.
Intelligence 0 means that the character cannot think and is unconscious in a coma-like stupor, helpless.
Wisdom 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a deep sleep filled with nightmares, helpless.
Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless.

Rewarding an ability score being lower equates to the character wanting a 1 in that particular ability score. In case's like these, you are essentially purposefully making yourself more vurnerable to certain attacks, and making it so that you can only take 1 point of Int or Wis damage before you become perfectly helpless. Not only that, but, in this case, you are rewarding a Monk for dumping in a stat that he absolutely needs (the fact that he needs it is bad enough), instead of helping him need it less. So, this class is rewarding making yourself extremely vurnerable on two fronts (AC and ability scores).

Not only this, but, the core benefit of the class feature that draws the attention to lower ability scores is already very subpar compared to alternate options (+10 maximum for Idiot Proof bonus, compared to +14 possible Wisdom bonus).

Though, yes, making them immune to ability score damage/drain to their mental ability scores would also be advisable.

Mongoose87
2010-01-28, 02:43 AM
I've made a few changes, noted at the bottom of the first post.

DracoDei
2010-01-28, 03:24 AM
The "Idiots Array" abilities are much more meta than I seem to remember the rest of the class being... good thing for some games, bad for others, depending on EXACTLY how silly the setting is.

Mongoose87
2010-01-28, 10:15 AM
The "Idiots Array" abilities are much more meta than I seem to remember the rest of the class being... good thing for some games, bad for others, depending on EXACTLY how silly the setting is.

Well, let's be honest, if you walk into a super cereal game and ask to play a "Moronic Fist," the DM's probably going to hit you with something.

Rithaniel
2010-01-28, 08:36 PM
Well, let's be honest, if you walk into a super cereal game and ask to play a "Moronic Fist," the DM's probably going to hit you with something.

A book, most likely.

As for this, well, hmmm, not sure what to say. Some of the abilities are a slightly confusing, or too ambiguos, tbh.

Dumb Luck, I like, but, needs to be stated more explicitly, and it should probably scale (like, idk, 4% per MF level?).

Thick as a Brick gets my thumbs up.

Idiots Array and Imp. Idiots Array have a lot of explaining to do. For example, if you rolled 2 9's, does the new value of 99 replace the total 18 normal? Is it in addition to it? What if the first attack comes one round and the second comes in the next round? What if you made an attack in between the two attacks that dealt 10 damage? What about AoOs? What if there's an effect that makes it so you double your damage (like, charging with a lance)? Do you realize that, at high levels, getting a single digit result is extremely unlikely (2d10 (Fists) + 5 (Magic Weapon) +5 (Low Strength))? I could keep going, but, I think that's enough for you to try and wrap your head around right now, already.

Mongoose87
2010-01-28, 09:20 PM
The Idiot's Array abilities are inspired by the hand in Sabac, the card game in Star Wars. The objective is to get positive or negative 23. The Idiot's array, however, is the combination of the Idiot, a card worth zero, a 2 and a 3.

If you look, I stated the attacks have to be consecutive - an AoO could count as one, but an attack in between dealing 10 would break it. This is absolute, any multiplier ruins the chance. I'm aware of how unlikely this is at high levels.