PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Anybody use an arena?

Ozreth
2010-01-27, 02:49 PM
Want to put an arena in my city. Is there any sort of 4e chart/table/roll to pick random single monster encounters quickly? I could generate a list but I think it would be more fun for whichever player enters the arena to see his luck (good or bad) unfolding in front of him.

So, any arena tips?

Yakk
2010-01-27, 02:59 PM
There are lists of encounters and monsters in the various monster manuals, by level, I believe?

Ozreth
2010-01-27, 03:56 PM
There are lists of encounters and monsters in the various monster manuals, by level, I believe?

Nope, they aren't by level.

I was thinking more along the lines of: roll this to this and you fight one of these monsters.

Evard
2010-01-27, 04:03 PM
When I made an arena I made my own charts with different challenge ratings. I then let the players choose what group they were to fight. The players could win money from the spectators if they did well, of course the higher level the fight the more money they could get. If they used more flashy moves (dailies) then they would also get more money from the clouds :3

The players could also order monsters to fight, either way there was a licenses fee they had to pay once a month.

Mando Knight
2010-01-27, 04:18 PM
Nope, they aren't by level.

I was thinking more along the lines of: roll this to this and you fight one of these monsters.

The back orders the monsters by level and lists their role, so I'd do something like this for one-shots:

{table=head]d8|Role
1|Artillery
2|Brute
3|Controller
4|Lurker
5|Skirmisher
6|Soldier
7|Roll twice, add
8|Roll again, Elite[/table]
{table=head]d%|Level
00-10|-2
11-40|-1
41-80|+0
81-99|+1[/table]
And then randomly pick a qualifying monster from the lists.