PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy (AssassinKing's Campaign)

AssassinKing
2010-01-27, 05:45 PM
As the squad enters the transport ship to go onto the planet called Davin to enter a city called Droth.
Eagle squad, this is intel. It looks like there is a storm directly over the city so we can't guide you when get onto the planet so have caution.
Pilot: This is Eagle squad, understood intel.(to alpha squad, you guys) Alright alpha we are about to land so get your asses ready. We are gonna deploy you 1 mile away for safety reasons. Good luck
As the transport starts to land you guys gather your gear and start walking out when the ship does land. You see the city, it has a dark feeling and it is night out.

Saldre
2010-01-27, 06:46 PM
Adjusting his collar, Octavion Valeris slowly scans the faces of the other men who now composed the hastily formed Alpha Squad. Stern and stoic, he could not help but wonder why they had been chosen to serve alongside him. Indeed, the entire ordeal, thus far, had been contrived: as if pulled together by some frantic urgency instead of methodical application. Assigned to the squad and then sent to the transport shuttle, he had little more than a few obscure names to reflect upon: Davin, Droth. What exactly was going on down there? They had not even assigned a squad leader.

“But who would be worthy?”

He thought to himself. Who indeed, if not himself: for the others were mostly his age; a haggard looking bunch.

What-ever was to come he was certain of one thing: as bearer of the Emperor’s Mantle, a herald of the Golden Throne’s glory, he would not falter. Indeed, he would set an example for the others who have been gathered, like sheep unto this herd. Though he was young, this would be his chance to prove himself worthy: to shine the light of the emperor onto the darkness that clouded the land beneath and set it back on the path of righteousness.

If someone more suitable were to step forward, he would stay back and offer his support: guiding them, counseling them and directing their choices to Concorde with the Emperor’s tenets. If not, the Initiate would have no choice but to take charge himself. A lesson he was forced to master from youth as he endured cataclysmic events. Though war shook his planet and split the ground in half, it could not bring his faith to falter and instead caused these words to be pounded into his very mind.

“There are no civilians in the war for survival”

Indeed, that is but one of the many teachings imparted unto the servants of the Emperor by reality itself. Lessons he intended to enlighten the minds of his fellow squad-mates with.

“Greetings, friends: I am Octavion Valeris. Initiate unto the Adeptus Ministrotum and faithful servant of the Emperor’s will. We have been gathered here to serve him in this, his hour of need. In moments we will arrive to our destination. As such, I humbly request your names and your specialties so we can better organize ourselves before we land."

He says, then points at himself; signaling that he will begin.

"I have lived in a war-zone all of my life, as such I pride myself on my resilience and my faith: for it is the Emperor's hand that has guided all of my decisions, and ensured my continuous success and survival. Trough the teachings of the Ecclesiarchy I am qualified to heal both the spirit and the body of man. Though i am a poor shot, my staff will quickly cleave a path trough any who would stand in my, and the Emperor's, way."

As he speaks, he taps the Medikit he carries besides him with a gloved hand then taps the staff he holds in his other hand on the cold metal floor. A formidable weapon, the blade atop it seems as sharp as ever. Dangling from it's top, several banner-like scrolls hang: upon them are inscribed various lines in small hand-writing you may or may not recognize as High-Gothic: litanies, no doubt, that only serve to accentuate the man's zealousness.

"Quickly now, as you all know: Heresy grows from Idleness, and we'll have none of that on my watch.”

His face, without as much as a grin, turns to stare at the remainder of the squad.

zergling001
2010-01-27, 07:54 PM
Soren stares at the men inside the dropship and shakes his head.

It is truly sad when a squad is thrown together with haste...now where is the squad leader...

Barely informed of the mission, he barely even knew his squad members names. Gripping his staff firmly with his left hand, he took out his knife and began polishing his boots, scraping it across. Grasping only segments of Octavion's speach, Soren only deemed two pieces of information useful. His name and his duty. Growing up on a war vessel meant that almost any crewmember on board was nothing more than a mere name and soldier. Only a few friends he had made on the vessel Imperialis Star-the rest had perished in the many years they had been aboard. The ship, and its crew went from battle to repair station, and back to battle again, sometimes without returning to being repaired. Thousands of gaping holes had appeared along the ship, and one thousand times they had been repaired. The control room had been hit more than one hundred times during his stay, and 50 percent of those times, most of the crew had to be replaced. Finally, the Imperialis Star met its day and while exiting warp, due to huge mistakes by the astropath and total failiure of the crew, sent the mighty war vessel to collide with a Orbital Platform, destroying the entire frontal side of the vessel, due to the numerous ammunition discharges after the collision. Luckily, a Ordos Hereticus vessel was nearby and picked up the survivors, one of them being Soren, and after being noticed as a person wiht psychic abilities was pressed into the inquisition.

Great...another flashback

He rises from his seat and gets ready to disembark without saying a word

shadowmage
2010-01-27, 08:24 PM
Troilus in silence the whole trip deep in communication with the machine spirit. His red robes of the Mechanicus bulging in odd ways at odd places. His staff staff held before him, his head resting against it, wires and small tubes running from the head were led flicker on and off in a pattern that looks random to the un-initiated.

With-out looking up a metallic voice rings out softly but carrying through out the shuttle, almost seeming to come from the speakers and your micro beads. I am Troilus Kranz Mech-Wright of the Mechanicus. Knowing speaking more would be a waste as all can easily see what he is.

Neo
2010-01-28, 04:56 PM
As the transport made its approach, Jaghatai spent that time analysing each of his squadmates, making mental notes of each as to get a better sign of his current predicament.

As everyone departed he moved off to one side, keeping what he considered a safe distance from everyone around him. Acting as if he were dusting himself down, he made a quick check on the minor concealed weapons he had upon his person. "Always better to be safe than sorry. he thought to himself.

Then the preacher spoke, Jaghatai didn't really listen, only scanning what he said for words of importance. He figured he was the same as the rest, his mind blinded by scripture and always eager to show himself off to the top dogs in order to curry favor.

He figured if there was to be a leader of this band it would be best to side with a likely candidate, who could then be dealt with should they no longer be a positive option.

"I am Jaghatai, I am an executor of the Emporer's Will, I keep his flock strong by culling the weak from the strong. We do not need a long list of your every experience to date, we are all tools in the Emperor's plans, that is all.

AssassinKing
2010-01-28, 07:37 PM
5 minutes after the transport left you see some sort of flashing in the city and slight noise from you think might be gun fire. Out in the distance you start to see light as if a cloud was moving out of the way of sun light. you think the light might get to your position in about 5 hours at the rate it's going. You also hear something buzzing on your mic beads.

Role perception, If passed read this.
Alpha squad can you hear us?, this is intel. The clouds are starting to clear up so we will be able to update on your positions.

shadowmage
2010-01-28, 07:58 PM
Troilus Looks out over he city listen to the noise. The buzzing of his Mic Bead lets him know it's spirit is unsettled. He begins to chant softly under his breath to calm the spirit.

Saldre
2010-01-28, 08:21 PM
Octavius noticed it right away. There was something in their tone, in their language, in their very manner of speech that gave away a potential reason for this far-fetched gathering: his squad-mates were cold and unresponsive. As a cleric, he knew it was up to him to establish any semblance of cohesion in the squad.

“Comrades, friends, -brothers-... It seems our squad is lacking in spirit. Seeing as no one seems to object, I will do my best to get us back on the right track.”

He turns towards the Tech-priest and gives a polite nod.

“We appreciate your assistance, Priest, as we will without a doubt need it.”

He turns looks over Jaghatai. He scoffs lightly.

“As you are well aware, soldier, organization is Key to success. If a commander is ignorant of his soldier’s skills, then he cannot use them efficiently. The Emperor has decreed: “a good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt”. The Emperor expects only the best in his squad; do not disappoint me, as a fellow executor of his will.”

Lastly, he gives a passing glance to the silent Psyker.

“He who keeps silent consents, Psyker. Remember your place in this squad: For you are His servant...”

He says and points to the top of his staff, and the Imperial symbol it represents.

“...As such you –will- obey me. Speak when spoken to and be silent when ignored. Or else we’ll be forced to assume your thoughts have led you astray, no doubt on a path to damnation.”

Satisfied with having taken the reigns of the operation, he taps on his Microbead, attempting to make sense of the buzzing.

"Ahh, perfect. It seems we'll have a better idea of where we are in a few moments. Not a minute too late either: I hear gunshots in the distance. Priest, if you please, Inform the carrier that we can hear them and that we will be begining our investigation momentarily. Once you are finished, I would appreciate it immensely if you could scan that location ahead, with any device you may have for such a purpose..."

He points to where the Gunshots came from.

"And tell me what's going on. How many of them there are perhaps? If it is within your range, and your capabilities, of course. You see: We don't want to be blinded side by a gang-war, that would be very counter-productive. If it is too far, we will move forward in order to assess the situation. We'll keep an eye on the buildings on either side as to avoid an ambush, you never know what wretches and scums are lurking in these places. Jaghatai, you seem capable enough: scout ahead, should the priest be unable to abide my request. We'll be right behind you, and you can use these Microbeads to keep us posted. That's about it, so pack up and let's get moving: In the Darkness, Terra lights the way!"

[roll0] Vs 30. Success! Woohoo!

Neo
2010-01-29, 03:50 AM
[roll0] Vs Per: Success

bean
2010-01-29, 08:47 AM
Until I figure out how to work these die rolling tags, I'm gonna keep rolling on my desk. So:

Perception test vs. 35: 47 (failure)

I don't really have time to put in a full post at the moment, but Nicodemus will continue to be taciturn and follow along until his skills are needed.

Bowerbird
2010-01-29, 01:16 PM
Alpha sat on the massive duffel bag containing her drill, polishing her machete. She paid attention to enough of the preacher's flowery speech, remembering when she felt as strongly about the doctrine as he. But not anymore. Life in the service of the Imperium tends to engender a somewhat more pragmatic viewpoint on things. "Hey, I'm Alpha, this is my baby," she says as she slaps the duffel bag, "Don't stand in front of us. I'm an ok shot, but I prefer the personal touch." She winks as she twirls the massive knife in her hand and returns it to it's sheath, choosing instead to make sure her flak armour is properly secured.

At the sounds of potential gunfire she becomes more alert.

rolling perception: [roll0] TN: 37
@Bean to roll using the forum type [#roll]1dsomething[/roll#] without the #s

Bowerbird
2010-01-29, 01:30 PM
Seeming to either not to hear, or ignore the static-filled transmission on the microbead, Alpha turns her attention to the priest, "So where do I stand in this marching order? Preferably somewhere near the front, I always like having a front-row seat."

Saldre
2010-01-29, 02:10 PM
He looks her up and down, and without a hint of hesitation replies.

"I am quite certain your capable of holding the front lines then. If hostile forces break trough our line of fire, or if give us an opportunity to approach them or foolishly approach us, then you may unleash your skills and weaponry upon which-ever poor soul happens to be nearest to you at the time. Keep yourself in check though, if it happens that we need to capture someone alive. Though I cannot make up a battle plan without more information on the enemy, I have a good idea of what's going to happen more often then not. A few of us will lay down suppressive fire to cover those of who prefer a hands on approach. The latter will simply go around the enemy: there's plenty of cover and debris, it should be no difficult task, and flank them while they are busy returning fire."

zergling001
2010-01-30, 05:08 PM
Soren simply stares at Octavius, then looks away. The rest of the squad seemed interesting...their deliberation was as well. Ignoring Octavius he looks around himself again and waits for the ship to land, though the sounds being emitted sounded like gunshots, the man on the intercom DID say that there was a storm.
Keeping his silence, Soren pulls out his las pistol and readies himself for any events.
Octavius...like the inquisition needs more of him...

AssassinKing
2010-01-31, 04:24 PM
As time goes by the sun light starts coming towards you faster and faster. and In the town is smoke as if someone started a bon fire.

bean
2010-01-31, 11:21 PM
As we approach the town, the smoke begins to billow from it like an inverse signal flare, warning the sane to stay away. Sadly, that does not, today, include us. At least it's getting light. Doing this in the dark would be an unnecessary hell.

"Octavius, sir, if I may. This situation doesn't look good. I suggest we find a vantage point and survey the town from a distance. Odds are we'll be better off going in during the day. If it's bad enough to warrant a night insertion, we'll need all the intel we can get beforehand. If it's alright with you, sir, I'd like to find us a hill to set up on."

Saldre
2010-01-31, 11:37 PM
Octavion turns his attention to the guardsman.

"I agree, It would be best not to waste time. I doubt you'll need to find something elaborate as we wont be setting up camp."

He points to the smoke and continues.

"Though you are right in that it would be more cautious to wait until the sun has fully risen, we would then run the risk of losing this lead. It may be an opportunity that will not repeat itself. We have a chance to catch what-ever inhabitants remain here by surprise: our presence has yet to be detected, and there is obviously something going on there that I believe is attracting attention."

Scratching his chin, he nods to the man.

"You have permission to find a vantage point, but closer to the city. Since you are volunteering to scout ahead, You may take my Infrared Goggles, In case you find yourself in need. I Commend you for your bravery, and Jaghatai still has the option of accompanying you."

He removes a pair of goggles from the many folds of his robe and hands them to the man, nodding solemnly as he does so. He looks to the rest of the group.

"We'll move out behind him, out of sight. Alpha, I am counting on you to ensure our safety, should we encounter hostiles before the scouts. I doubt anybody has any objections. If not, Let's get going."

With that, We'll move forward, closer to the city. Assuming everybody else decides to follow, should we roll anything as we get closer? Keep in mind that the Scouts (Also if they decide to scout) are moving ahead of the group.

Bowerbird
2010-02-01, 01:02 AM
Alpha grins and gives a lazy salute, "Sir, Yes sir!" Saying this she stands from her perch on the big duffel bag, and starts to unzip it, revealing an enormous diamantine-tipped drill, with the symbol Omega branded on the side, which she gives a once over before hefting it into her arms.

bean
2010-02-01, 07:47 AM
"Thank you, sir."

I take the goggles and don them--any small advantage is welcome--then begin my approach.

I'll begin to approach the town circuitously, looking for a vantage point from which to get a better view Let me know what happens.

Neo
2010-02-01, 01:33 PM
"Very well.", Jaghatai said in response to the cleric's inferred request, before setting off after the guardsman.

"Even preachers may fall to heresy.", He whsipered to himself when out of earshot, not liking being ordered around and reminding himself all that stood between their vaunted leader and oblivion.

He keeps an eye out on their surroundings rather than looking for a vantage point, aiming to see what the guardsman might not notice.

AssassinKing
2010-02-01, 05:30 PM
There are some higher hills that look like you might be able to see further into the city, but as you get closer it looks like there might be some sort of blockade that was poorly put together on the road into the city. If you look down that road into the city you can see something moving across the street, It looked like someone running.

(Just wondering, are you trying to go around the city first or just working your way closer. Your only a mile away.)

bean
2010-02-01, 09:02 PM
Movement on the road ahead captures my attention and draws it to the crude barricades. More warnings to stay away. I tap my partner and move quickly off the road, concealing myself as best I can in the berm. Quietly, I ask,

"Well, do we go see what that's all about, or keep our distance?"

shadowmage
2010-02-02, 10:21 AM
Troilus follows the others a low almost inaudible "hum" comes from him as he chants to the machine spirit of the Las Pistol he pulls from in his robes. His Las Carbine hanging from the backpack he wears.

Neo
2010-02-03, 12:39 PM
Feeling someone tap on his shoulder, Jaghatai turned to see Nicodemus moving off to the side of the road. Sensing his intent, Jaghatai followed quietly, until they were both concealed.

"It may be wise to approach with caution, as we do not yet know if they are a friend or a foe. However, regardless of their allegiance they may be useful for gaining information on the current situation. We should notify the team, as we will need someone who is adept at getting people to talk. He said in response to Nicodemus' query.

bean
2010-02-03, 12:56 PM
"Sounds like a plan."

I activate my bead, and whisper to the rest of the squad, "This is Nicodemus. We've encountered some sort of defensive position or roadblock, and we have reason to believe that it is occupied. We haven't yet ascertained whether the occupants are friendly, but if we can talk to these people, they'll probably be our best source of information before we get to the city itself. We're going to try to take the barricades. Move up on our position."

Upon closing, I loosen my sword in its sheath and bring my lasgun to my shoulder. I begin to circle towards the barricades, staying low and watching for signs of a defense.

shadowmage
2010-02-03, 01:22 PM
Troilus touches his bead Affirmative He then moves off following the example of those with more training of a martial kind.

AssassinKing
2010-02-03, 05:06 PM
As you guys close in you can tell the barricade is made up of tables, chairs, furniture, cement blocks used to keep vehicles out of construction zones or military zones, and other stuff like furniture, parts of houses. On the other side of it has holes from bullets and other weapons. So it is obvious that the people who put the barricade up was trying to keep something in the city. You see the same movement as before but this time it isn't running across the street. You think it may be a human of some sort but all you can see is the humanoid leaning it's body out slightly. The humanoid is about 60 yards away. For buildings you see houses all the way down the street. There are red stains on the doors of most houses. As far as you know there is noone out side except the humanoid that is hiding. All the way up the street where it turns looks like an inn or something.

Saldre
2010-02-03, 06:26 PM
As it is clearly obvious the barricade was meant to contain something inside the city and not to defend against invaders, Octavius does not waste a moment, he rises and gives his opinion.

"I suspect that who-ever erected that barricade is not hostile, at least not to us. Something tragic has happened here, the population is reacting to it. They will be scared, unwilling to react should we not take the first step. We must show willingness and virtue by advancing. I will put myself in the line of fire, I have faith they will not harm a servant of the Emperor. Should they engage, we will fire back. Keep an eye on that shadow that moved around though, I do not trust it. "

He moves forward, dusting his robes as he does so and stands in the open before the barricade. He looks around, trying to catch a glimpse of anybody, then raises both his hands to show that he is unarmed (save for his staff, of course).

He speaks, not too loudly as not to attract any attention from the other side of the barricade.

"People of Droth, Reveal yourselves. We are Salvation, and have come to rescue you from this forsaken place. The Light of Emperor shines upon you, there is no need to fear: come and speak to me, so that we may aid you in this your hour of need".

He keeps his arms raised, waiting for a response, hoping his team are standing ready.

Awareness roll: [roll0] Vs 30

bean
2010-02-03, 06:59 PM
presuming I'm in an appropriate position

The barricade's curious nature quickly becomes apparent, and I focus instead on the further furtive movement of our mysterious figure. As the rest draw near, I raise my rifle and draw a bead on the figure's cover, and I prepare myself for trouble as Octavius begins to deliver his address.

Bowerbird
2010-02-03, 10:47 PM
As Octavion takes up his potentially foolhardy position Alpha stands back and starts the engine on her drill, whispering to the priest: "I hope you know what you're doing, sir." Steam whistles out of the pipes on the drill, as it whirrs to life.

Neo
2010-02-04, 05:36 AM
Jaghatai moves up, following the cleric to the barricade, but keeping a fair distance between them. He keeps a constant vigil ahead of them, rifle raised and ready.

AssassinKing
2010-02-04, 07:09 PM
You see nothing different when you close in. The hiding humanoid moves out of your sight. "Are you guys infected? If you are either get out or I will kill you." Judging by the sound of the voice it is a female. In the distance you hear footsteps, loud enough to tell it's some sort of mob, but quiet enough to tell it's a good 100 yards away. You know it's coming from the right which is where the humanoid crossed. Another person runs across only stays in sight and says something,(perception to hear it)We need to get back to the HQ before they get here.

"If your not infected come with us." coming from the feminine voice.
The other person is clearly male. The person you see has the number 101 on his shoulder pad. He looks like he may be a part of law enforcement of the area.

Saldre
2010-02-04, 07:11 PM
Octavion tilts his head as he attempts to hear the whispering man. Putting two and two together, he motions for the rest of the group to follow his lead.

"We have recently arrived on the planet and have not been exposed to what-ever it is that ails this place. We will escort you, so that we may get to the bottom of what's going here."

He turns to the rest of the squad:

"Quickly now, It seems our hosts are expecting unwelcome company. Were returning to their headquarters where we will be in a better position: maybe we'll start getting some answers. Keep a look out while we follow them, should they try anything... well, You know what to do."

He moves towards the woman, lowering his staff, expecting the rest of his squad to follow. As he reaches her, he asks:

"Who exactly are you? And... more importantly... who are "They?"

[roll0] Woohooo. The Emperor hears EVERYTHING

bean
2010-02-04, 08:17 PM
I attempt to catch up Octavius as quickly as possible, and fall in to position behind him as I do. I keep my lasgun at the ready.

Bowerbird
2010-02-05, 01:10 AM
Alpha strains to hear what the person said.
[roll0] Target 37 Success!
"Sir, it would be a good idea to find out exactly what sort of numbers "they" have on us, and how defensible this "HQ" is ASAP" That said she hefts the drill and falls in behind the cleric.

Neo
2010-02-05, 05:00 AM
Jag, tries to listen in on what is being said, but cannot make out the words, but judging by the reaction of the cleric's response, it was some sort of warning.

He moves up with the cleric, keeping an even more focused eye on the road ahead, as there could be more of the woman's associates in the buildings ahead, not to mention these 'Infected'.

[roll0]

shadowmage
2010-02-05, 09:35 AM
Troilus Moves up as well. Looking first to-wards the direction of the females voice then the sound of the mob, then looking around for signs of others.

[roll0] vs. per 35

Not hearing what was said he waits to see what the others do. Knowing he is just cannon fodder as far as they are concerned till he can prove of use, but knowing they would think differently when the need arose.

AssassinKing
2010-02-05, 12:43 PM
"I am Tanya. This is Sgt Russ. I will explain everything else when we get to the HQ now follow me."

She takes you the direction they were going in the first place. Twisting and turning through neighbor hoods, stoping at a small house compared to many others. She knocks on the door a few times, and someone opens the door letting everyone in.

Saldre
2010-02-05, 01:14 PM
He gives Tanya a polite bow and a smile, then a stern nod to Sgt. Russ.

"It is a shame we would meet in such dire circumstances, miss Tanya, though your presence does lighten the mood. Sgt Russ, I commend you on your ability to take charge, you seem to have quite a setup here, despite the horrid conditions outside."

He scratches his chin slightly then asks what, without a doubt, we have all been waiting to find out for a while.

"Now that were safe, could you actually tell us what's going on here? I would say rebels, or a cult but you mentioned "Infected". What are they infected with to make them so dangerous and not bed-ridden, slumped around on the streets?"

He ponders, infections like this... He's never seen anything quite like it before. What could have happened, and what could have caused it? What ever it was, it was surely agaisnt the will of the Emperor.

AssassinKing
2010-02-05, 06:50 PM
"Tanya tell the others we have visitors that might be able to help us. I will explain as much as I can." Sgt. Russ commands Tanya as if she had no choice. "We asked if you were infected because there has been something serious going on and we aren't sure what it is ourselves, but most of them are more active at night so we don't go out then. During the day is when we search for supplies. I don't know if you heard the footsteps from before, but it was a mob of infected, it's like they have some sort of disease that makes them look ass ugly and some of them even seem stronger in many ways than a normal human being. If you know anything about it please help us out and get to the bottom of this mysterious disease. We can shelter you here, we have food, water and even weapons and ammo if you need it. We are very low on ammo though, we use it to defend the HQ at night. Fortunately you guys came because this would have been the last fight for us. Down in the basement is a few of our wounded. As for other survivors, we are the only ones that we know of. So is this it for the rescue?"

Saldre
2010-02-06, 01:40 AM
He smiles coldly, attempting to instill a sense of peace upon the troubled survivors but failing as his mind quickly begins to assess the situation.

"Yes, You have nothing to fear, we are here to both resolve this situation. Take me to your wounded, I will see what I can do for them."

He turns to his squad.

"This is indeed a strange turn of events, If we have time we can attempt to scout out a few ruins, but I doubt it. Instead, We should fortify this place. Help the Sgt. with the defenses, I am certain your all quite capable of it. Nightfall will soon be upon us, and if the pattern holds true then the assaults will continue, we will no-doubt have to repel a few of them. If we can capture one of these so called "infected", we may be able to tell more."

He turns back to the Sgt.

"Do you know anything else about this disease? where did it break out? when did it break out? and most importantly, how do they transmit it?"

bean
2010-02-06, 10:15 AM
Octavius's words seem like my cue, and I speak up.

"Alright, sir. Sargent, if you could brief us on our tactical situation, we'll work up a plan for our defense."

AssassinKing
2010-02-06, 01:30 PM
"Well I don't know if you think that giant cloud is strange but it sores through the air faster than normal ones, and it looks like a storm cloud but isn't. But the infected started coming out when the cloud passes by. I personally think that it came from the air somehow either that or some mutation that infects others. Some of our wounded have swollen limbs after being wounded by them. They look like freaks, I just wish they would go to hell. Anyways I'll take you to the basement where the wounded are. They were people that went on patrols. We finally decided to stop doing patrols."

when you enter the basement you see 3 women and 2 men with kids sitting next to them, the wounded are lined up against the wall going straight, then to the right is a few weapons and some loose ammo. In the far corner on the right side is a little patch of cement that had carpet torn from that spot and bricks making a circle, it's too high to see what's in it. on the wall near the spot is a sheet of metal that can be taken off. The 2 men and 1 of the women look like they are gonna die soon, the other 2 women look like they will long enough to get evacuated.

Saldre
2010-02-06, 01:45 PM
A quick glance at the wounded and Octavion makes a mental list of the urgency of their wounds. He first examines their bodies for mutations or other signs of the disease. He then attempts to ease the dying patient's pains, and recites their lasts rites and prayers. Afterward, he moves to the two injured woman and attempts to refresh their bandages and bind their wounds with the aid of his medi-kit.

Once he is done, he turns to the circle of stones and looks inside.

A few medicae tests on the a) dying patients and b) heavily injured patients to both bind their wounds, and then determine the severity of their infections.
1- Severity of Infection of both groups : [roll0] Vs 30+20+ Assistance bonus (Medi-kit)
2- Binding wounds of the two woman who have a chance: [roll1] Vs 30+20 + Assistance bonus.

Hmmm, I make sure to do it slowly, taking my time, to earn some bonuses :P

Bowerbird
2010-02-06, 02:23 PM
Alpha cases the HQ, looking for spots where hostiles are likely to break in from and making mental notes of them all, so she can respond faster against enemy incursions.

Neo
2010-02-06, 02:31 PM
As Octavion begins to check the wounded, Jag moves up beside him, "Here, brother. Let me assist you with the wounded." He tells him, before turning back to the rest of the group, "Anyone else who has med-training should lend a hand, we may be able to save some of the Emperor's children."

AssassinKing
2010-02-06, 05:51 PM
One of the women that looks healthier than the one that is dyeing doesn't look like she feels anything, she just blinks. The other healthier one has weird colored looking blood, like dark red with some dark green. Tanya:" None of us have any medical knowledge, we just threw some cloth on with alchohol. The two men are going to die soon from their wounds, I don't think there is a point in helping them. We will treat their wounds, just do your job"

Alpha: You look around, on the first floor(where you entered the building) To the left of the door is a window, to the right goes into another room (you can tell because there are windows. The entrance to the basement is a trap door with stairs going down. By the door is stuff to take cover behind just like the one you saw when entering the city. The windows have metal plating with small bunker windows. (if you don't know what I'm talking about, It is flat on the outside and angled on the inside so it's harder for them to shoot through, and the slanted part is for when the people on the inside shoot, the bullets richochet outside instead of the inside.) In the other room to the right looks like a family room, has couches, fireplace, and pictures on the walls. There is a closet door.(assuming your gonna look in it.) has a stair case that goes up into an attic type space. Basically there is room that has the front door and the room to the right of the front door then there is the basement, and the attic which if you look in there is the bathroom type place(shower toilet, etc.)

To Alpha:The Seargent comes up "I see you've had your tour."

Saldre
2010-02-06, 06:42 PM
Having finished his preliminary investigation, Octavion leans closer to Jag and points out the infected woman:

"Most of them are dying, a few of them can be saved. But keep an eye on her in particular, she's infected. We should get back upstairs, we have several hours left before Night-fall and we should use them effectively."

Once upstairs, Octavion calls his squad together.

"Our first order of business is to evacuate the wounded downstairs. If you would be so kind, Priest, to call in the freighter. Have it to the Rendez-vous point if the conditions are acceptable, while we secure a vehicle in order to move these civilians there. Have them bring over, or at least drop some, some re-breather kits and maybe a void suit or two"

He turns to the Tech-priest as he speaks then looks over the rest of his squad.

"Once we have insured the safety of these people, we will continue our investigation deeper into the city. We must get to the bottom of this, but we cannot do so without the appropriate gear. Now that sun is up, we can split up and establish a perimeter around this house: our priority is finding a vehicle, our secondary objective is determining the source of that cloud"

bean
2010-02-06, 07:49 PM
"I'll work on the perimeter, sir."

Barring objection, I'll leave the house and begin to circumnavigate the building, taking note of the surrounding landscape and buildings, and keeping an eye out for a suitable vehicle.

Bowerbird
2010-02-07, 12:44 AM
Alpha makes a point of putting her head into the fireplace and looking up to see if it leads out. Turning to the Seargent "Yeah, I had a tour, plenty of blood, fire and hell, then they send me here. No rest for the wicked." She turns and goes over to the Cleric, "Sir, there's an attic space up top, one of the scouts might be able to see something from up there. The house seems about as secure as I can hope for, the windows are all armoured, and they've set up some rudimentary barricades. I think if necessary this house would make a good fall back point."

Saldre
2010-02-07, 01:01 AM
The cleric moves to the door, turns to the squad and speaks:

"Good, we'll keep that in mind and re-group here in case we get engaged, once a vehicle is recovered or before nightfall. I trust you can all handle yourselves in the great outdoors. Now let's go and secure transportation before the carrier comes back and we miss the appoitment: keep your microbeads on in case we need to communicate"

He says, then turns around and walks out into the city. He moves a few streets away, attempting to find a Vehicle capable of moving all of the injured men and women, even the dying ones. He gazes to the sky from time to time, trying to see where the cloud is coming from, if it is in reality smog rising from some distant factory or something along those lines.

A couple of awareness rolls:
One to find a suitable Vehicle: [roll0]Vs30+X
One to see if I can determine the source of the cloud, or if infact it has a source at all: Freaking Screwed up the Smog roll! I am going to do it in the Ooc.

Neo
2010-02-07, 03:16 AM
Jag slips out without a further word, heading off in a different direction to the rest of his team, silently berating himself for being unable to save any of the civilians.

Perception rolls for vehicle and cloud:
[roll0]vs29
[roll1]vs29

Bowerbird
2010-02-07, 03:42 AM
Alpha also set's off after a vehicle, ever wary of hostiles, her drill revved up and ready to go.

Awareness for Vehicle: [roll0]
Awareness for Cloud Source: [roll1]
Awareness for Hostiles: [roll2]
Target is 37

bean
2010-02-07, 10:23 AM
[roll0] Awareness for surveying the surrounding buildings and landscape
[roll1] Awareness for looking for a vehicle
[roll2] Awareness for keeping an eye out for hostiles

Perception: 35

AssassinKing
2010-02-07, 10:30 AM
Alpha:After you look for a few hours you find a small truck. It looks like it will run but it won't go very fast. It can carry one front passanger, and 2 of the wounded in the back. But by the time you find the truck it is getting dark out.

Jag: You find a couple vehicles but none of them look like they work.

Cleric: You spot nothing for vehicles. It starts to get dark.

Everyone can hear a marching type noise, much like the one from before. There is also a couple gun shots. Sounds like it's coming from the HQ.

Bowerbird
2010-02-07, 11:44 AM
Alpha, upon finding the truck reports her status and location via the micro-bead. Hearing the sounds of an approaching mob, put her drill on the passenger seat, jumps into the driver's seat and attempts to get the car started. After a few tries she gets it started, readying her knife to repel attackers she drives back towards the HQ, reporting approaching hostiles and that she is enroute.

Neo
2010-02-07, 01:55 PM
Jag leaps on to the hood of a ruined car, scanning the surroundings for anything of value when he hears the gunshots. Whirling around he curses again, before sprinting back to the HQ as fast as he could manage, readying his rifle as he moved.

Saldre
2010-02-07, 02:03 PM
Upon hearing the good news, Octavion hurries back to the headquarters, and quickly takes cover, behind some debris, when he arrives in order survey the situation before acting.

Awareness: [roll0] Vs 30

AssassinKing
2010-02-07, 03:06 PM
Once everyone started closing in you see "infected" trying to get through the door. There are 5 at the door. Alpha, you see Jag as you are heading back.

Cleric: You see a few more coming down the road. not to longer you hear the truck coming.

Cromwell: You find a 4-wheeler with a small trailer attached to it.

Noone knows anything about the cloud, but it moves faster. Now it's naturally dark with out the cloud.

Saldre
2010-02-07, 03:19 PM
The Cleric mechanically reaches into his robes and pulls out a rebreather then puts it on. Stub revolver in one hand, staff in the other he jumps up over the debris concealing him and yells out to the available members of his squad:

"For the Emperor! Drive back the foul mutants and carve a path inside! We must protect the command-post!"

He takes aim, and fires at one of the creatures blocking the door.

Half Action- Aim : +10 to next Ws.
Half Action: Fire! [roll0] Vs 24+10
Yesssss die Mutant Scum! Crap, i forgot to roll for damage though! 8 (5+3) damage, if it's a hit!

After shooting, I intend to put away my gun so as to be able to actually use my staff. I am assuming I am too far for them to reach me in a single round :P around 20 to 25 meters. Also, I hit the mutant in the Left Leg.

Bowerbird
2010-02-07, 03:34 PM
I slow down enough for Jag to hop on, "Get on, the command post is under attack!" If I pass a small enough group I will floor it and attempt to run down some of them while driving through. Driving close to the HQ I stop the car at a safe distance, don my rebreather and charge out at the enemy, drill in hands, going for the biggest, meanest looking SOB in the group.

When close enough I make a charge attack at the biggest, nastiest looking one, giving me +10 WS.
[roll0] vs 53

bean
2010-02-07, 04:27 PM
I call off my search as it begins to grow dark and head back towards the HQ, noting with some trepidation that ominous cloud seem to have the same goal in mind. As I approach the house, my attention is drawn immediately to the attackers beating at the door. I bring up my weapon, aim, and fire.

Roll to hit [roll0] vs: 67 (47+10 for half-action aiming +10 for red-dot sight)

Roll for initiative [roll1]

Neo
2010-02-07, 05:12 PM
Jag vaults up on to the truck, bringing up his rifle as they approach, getting a steady bead on the mutants as they approach before opening fire.

[roll0] vs 47+20

zergling001
2010-02-08, 08:45 PM
Soren turns his gaze from the infected towards the new threat. His calm and lifeless expression turned to an expression of anger. After having the constant drilling from the inquisition into their heads of killing mutants, Soren glared at the mutants. His eyes close as he begins to concentrate and manifest a power

Unnatural aim: [roll0]

AssassinKing
2010-02-09, 10:16 PM
The 5 mutants keep beating the door trying to get in. You can hear more mutants coming towards the HQ.

Alpha squad this is Eagle squad, What is your situation, we see gun fire. Do you need an extraction? For some reason Intel can't give you updates from their position so you may need to go back for another briefing.

Saldre
2010-02-10, 07:28 PM
The priest fiddles speaks on his microbead as he runs to the mutants.

"We are under-attack, requesting transport for survivors of the Infection, meet at drop point: we will get them there soon"

He says, hoping his message gets to the plane.

He charges the mutants at the door, attempting to clear a path!

"For the Emperor!"

Attacking the furthest one from the door, as he's the first one i run into.
Charge attack: [roll0] - 34+10 (best)+10 (charge)
Damage: [roll1]+5
Parry for when they counter: [roll2]- 34+10 (balanced)
I guess the Emperor was on a break... :P (Feel free to add some modifiers there :P)

AssassinKing
2010-02-10, 08:09 PM
What is your location? There is a building that is taking fire and there is an open space a few blocks to the east that we can pick you up at. There is another building across the city that has some gun fire as well, so you may need to check that out. We can give you covering fire to get you to the L.Z.

As you see the Transport hover near the L.Z. shooting at other mutants coming towards you with a heavy bolter, a couple buildings start to collapse in the middle of the street forcing you to take a different route.

Saldre
2010-02-10, 08:14 PM
"Once we have cleared these attackers we'll meet you at the open space! Cover fire would be appreciated, were expecting a crowd of enemies any second now!"

The Cleric screams into the microbead as blood flows freely in the air around him, his staff twirling in his hands, protecting him from the tainted ones.

Neo
2010-02-13, 03:05 AM
Jag listened to the comm chatter as Eagle squad were advised of the siuation. Regardless of what they were doing he knew that they still had a fair bit of work to do, clearing up the mutants in the immediate vicinity.

Controlling his breath, Jag put his eye back to the rifle's scope. He whispered a short prayer to the Emperor to guide his aim as he pulled the trigger.

[roll0] 10 vs 67(47 + 10(half-action aim) +10(accurate rifle)
Hit Location: Head

Bowerbird
2010-02-16, 02:41 AM
Laughing evilly Alpha continues to drive her drill into the biggest mutant she can see.

WS: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Pen 2