PDA

View Full Version : Hair!

Hatman
2010-01-27, 05:46 PM
did anyone else notice the little strand of hair that hangs over haley's bangs on both sides
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0002.html
is the same as the pixie chick's
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0615.html

anyone think they might just be sisters....
cause that would be humorous and amusing
and i know a bunch of people keep talking about how haley is part outsider or something

FabuVinny
2010-01-27, 05:51 PM
It's actually "one strand of red hair out of her ponytail no matter which direction she's facing. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0580.html)"

And it's a very long stretch to make a link of a loose strand of hair.

Brendan
2010-01-27, 05:54 PM
Remember, they had just been doing each other's hair. Haley made it that way when she was making the ponytail.

Hatman
2010-01-27, 06:00 PM
Remember, they had just been doing each other's hair. Haley made it that way when she was making the ponytail.

ahh that is right. forgot about that

NerfTW
2010-01-27, 06:08 PM
That's the most ridiculous stretch I've ever heard.

Far more likely, and obvious from say, the entire rest of the comics, is that there is a limited number of hair templates that get used and reused. Or do you think he draws each character from scratch every time?

ThePhantasm
2010-01-27, 07:49 PM
You could argue that those who don't like your theory are just splitting hairs.

Cisturn
2010-01-27, 08:14 PM
one internet for the phantasm

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-27, 08:21 PM
No. If you promise not to be ridiculous in the future, we'll all forget about this. :smalltongue:

Now where's that quote the Giant made last time the hair = related thing was brought up with that one slave...?

Brendan
2010-01-27, 08:24 PM
you know, now that you mention it, both Haley and Xykon are made with the inkscape program... thus, they are twins!!!

Logalmier
2010-01-27, 08:26 PM
you know, now that you mention it, both Haley and Xykon are made with the inkscape program... thus, they are twins!!!

Adobe Illustrator actually, but that's nitpicking.

Hatman
2010-01-28, 12:18 AM
You could argue that those who don't like your theory are just splitting hairs.

i agree, you win the forum

Mystic Muse
2010-01-28, 12:30 AM
No. If you promise not to be ridiculous in the future, we'll all forget about this. :smalltongue:

Now where's that quote the Giant made last time the hair = related thing was brought up with that one slave...?

not sure but it's something like

"Why would I possibly WANT this speculation?

Sometimes a hairstyle is just a hairstyle. How many different hairstyles do you think can be drawn in a stick figure comic anyway?"

Dr.Epic
2010-01-28, 03:08 AM
is the same as the pixie chick's
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0615.html

Her name's Celia. How could you read and keep up with OotS and not know the name of the main character's love interest?

Nimrod's Son
2010-01-28, 03:18 AM
not sure but it's something like

"Why would I possibly WANT this speculation?

Sometimes a hairstyle is just a hairstyle. How many different hairstyles do you think can be drawn in a stick figure comic anyway?"
Pretty much, yeah. Last post of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127453) thread.

Cizak
2010-01-28, 11:58 AM
...is this a joke to mock all the other "one body part the same=relatives"-threads, or are you serious? :smallconfused:

Asta Kask
2010-01-28, 04:00 PM
Also, Roy's mom also had a hair loose, and she had pigtails and Haley's mother isa said to have died and gone to heaven. Logically*, this means that Tsukiko (pigtails), Haley (strand) and Roy are siblings.

*for a very loose sense of "logically".

Gift Jeraff
2010-01-28, 05:02 PM
...is this a joke to mock all the other "one body part the same=relatives"-threads, or are you serious? :smallconfused:

If they had a body part that was the same, wouldn't that make them Siamese twins? :smallconfused:

multilis
2010-01-28, 06:43 PM
The have the same hair because they are both "Charlie's Angels". Just as the IFCC has pawns, Charlie/Snarl has pawns. Each of his agents watches/controls one of his pawns:

Celia->Roy
Haley->Elan
Mr. Scruffy->Belkar
Raven->V

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-28, 06:56 PM
The have the same hair because they are both "Charlie's Angels". Just as the IFCC has pawns, Charlie/Snarl has pawns. Each of his agents watches/controls one of his pawns:

Celia->Roy
Haley->Elan
Mr. Scruffy->Belkar
Raven->V

But what about Durkon?

multilis
2010-01-28, 07:05 PM
But what about Durkon?
Dwarves are hard to control, eg in Lord of the Rings the 7 rings didn't put them under Sauron's control.

Similarly in OOTS, Snarl's attempt failed. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0084.html

Hatman
2010-01-29, 12:38 AM
Her name's Celia. How could you read and keep up with OotS and not know the name of the main character's love interest?

dude, she's kind of a bitch. see V's description here:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0646.html

JoseB
2010-01-29, 05:04 AM
dude, she's kind of a bitch. see V's description here:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0646.html

That doesn't answer the question posed. It still remains: How can you have been reading the comic along and *not* know the name of the character who defended the order during their rigged trial in Azure City, ended up involved with the main protagonist, and later on made quite a few bad calls in adventuring situations with Haley? :)

FabuVinny
2010-01-29, 06:04 AM
Yeah, at that moment V really isn't the best judge on who counts as relevant. Even if Celia isn't directly involved in the fate of the world, she's still a major supporting character.

Hatman
2010-01-29, 06:32 PM
That doesn't answer the question posed. It still remains: How can you have been reading the comic along and *not* know the name of the character who defended the order during their rigged trial in Azure City, ended up involved with the main protagonist, and later on made quite a few bad calls in adventuring situations with Haley? :)

you did see how much she talked during the trial right?
i mean i've read the archives twice, and both times I was unable to read her and the lawyer's end speeches, at all, I couldn't get through the first line. she is so annoying that i tend to gloss over her when ever possible and the only reason I noticed her this time was because of the strip's proximity to belkar's hippy vision quest

Kish
2010-01-29, 06:44 PM
i mean i've read the archives twice, and both times I was unable to read her and the lawyer's end speeches, at all, I couldn't get through the first line. she is so annoying that i tend to gloss over her when ever possible and the only reason I noticed her this time was because of the strip's proximity to belkar's hippy vision quest
However annoying you find her, her name's still Celia, Hatman. If that is indeed your real name.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-29, 11:54 PM

First she was introduced and her name was given before that mammoth end speech.

Second when a character says "Celia" you actually have no clue who they're talking about and never thought to research who this mystery person might be?:smallconfused:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-30, 07:49 AM
To put the actual matter to rest, note how Celia does not have the hair strand in her first appearance (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0053.html). There we go.

Hatman
2010-01-30, 12:42 PM
First she was introduced and her name was given before that mammoth end speech.

Second when a character says "Celia" you actually have no clue who they're talking about and never thought to research who this mystery person might be?:smallconfused:

i've had a general idea of who she is, but i've never bothered to commit her name to long term memory:smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-01-30, 01:04 PM
i've had a general idea of who she is, but i've never bothered to commit her name to long term memory:smallbiggrin:

Maybe this is beating a dead horse by this point, but why'd you simply call her a pixie chick and not use her real name in your first post.

Forbiddenwar
2010-01-30, 02:22 PM
However annoying you find her, her name's still Celia, Hatman. If that is indeed your real name.

Hatman? Who's Hatman? The guy with hair? Oh, I never bothered to read his name nor commit it to memory.

ThePhantasm
2010-01-30, 07:33 PM
why'd you simply call her a pixie chick and not use her real name in your first post.

Everyone knew who he was talking about. Allusion has no place in this day and age, apparently. Everything has to be spelled out exactly right and served in a microwavable dish.

one internet for the phantasm

Score! Thanks.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-31, 01:50 AM
Hatman? Who's Hatman? The guy with hair? Oh, I never bothered to read his name nor commit it to memory.

Ha!:smallbiggrin: I see what you did there.

Hatman
2010-02-02, 12:25 AM
Maybe this is beating a dead horse by this point, but why'd you simply call her a pixie chick and not use her real name in your first post.

yea, and i'll bet you don't even have a real PhD in epicness.....
probably just a honorary doctorate :smalltongue:

Durgok
2010-02-02, 12:31 AM
Allusion has no place in this day and age, apparently. Everything has to be spelled out exactly right and served in a microwavable dish.

Yeah, no kidding. My first post here someone jumped down my throat due to typo-ing Ginkgo Biloba. (Accidentally wrote Bilboa, the "o" finger being a little faster than the "b" finger.)

Dr.Epic
2010-02-02, 12:37 AM
yea, and i'll bet you don't even have a real PhD in epicness.....
probably just a honorary doctorate :smalltongue:

This coming from a man with the word "hat" in his screen name but no hat in his avatar.

Hatman
2010-02-02, 12:45 AM
This coming from a man with the word "hat" in his screen name but no hat in his avatar.

:smallfrown: your words cut deep than any sword. its true, i need to find a better avatar