PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Good lvl 14 DPS build

BigBadBugbear
2010-01-28, 06:28 AM
In a 3.5 campaign a friend of mine is running we are currently with low DPS. Most over players of either healers, of Roleplay characters.. Almost all are newbies. I wanna boost the DPS in the party by introducing a character good at damage dealing. There is only one thing thats required: high reflex save and Evasion. And probaly energy resistance electricity. Maybe DR a bit... But I dont wanna play a rogue agin.
Also: No Full cleric or Full wizard…

It works with 32 point buy with no more than 1 stat under 10
No lvl andjustmen.

Anyone willing to give build or idea for me... Thanks..

absolmorph
2010-01-28, 07:09 AM
Druid with Natural Spell?

EDIT: Didn't see the bit about the saves and Evasion, or energy resistance.
However, at level 14, a druid can wildshape into any animal or plant Tiny, Small, Medium or Large. At level 15, you'll be able to wildshape into a Huge animal or plant.
And, with Natural Spell, you can also cast spells.
As for builds, well, I'm really not sure what to tell you. But straight Druid is pretty powerful, and is comparable (if slightly below, as I recall) Clerics and Wizards.

Ernir
2010-01-28, 07:24 AM
Tiger Claw-focused Swordsage?

A Ranger-mix could work, if you know what you're doing.

A straight Whirling Frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm) Barbarian has both DR and Evasion at 14th level, even if the latter only applies while Frenzying.

Could anything work if you just give it a Ring of Evasion and boost the reflex save through items and/or magic? :smallconfused:

BobVosh
2010-01-28, 07:31 AM
Scout X, Fighter 1-2(for prereq feats), and Dervish works well. But I just like dervish, YMMV.

I don't have access to books so I can't tell you how many levels scout you need, but I think Scout 5, fighter 2, and dervish 7 should be about right. You will have a decent reflex save, should have evasion (is it scout 7? Is that ranger?), and will be able to move and full attack. If you get to 17 you get 1000 cuts which is fun.

Optimystik
2010-01-28, 09:11 AM
Educated Wilder 7/Anarchic Initiate 7

Eldariel
2010-01-28, 09:22 AM
Mystic Ranger 9/Scout 4/Cloistered Cleric 1 Swift Hunter. Skillz, damage, tools to do whatever the heck you want. Toss in Sword of the Arcane Order and you're good. Lots of awesome spells, lots of awesome attacks, lotsa evrithin'. Oh, and ability to use practically all Wands without UMD.