PDA

View Full Version : Fear Instrumentality Project

Amiel
2010-01-28, 07:53 AM
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

---

Synonymous with dread, a morbid curiosity stems in close proximity to fear. Across the Cosmos, mortals are endlessly fascinated with the concept of fear. For such a small emotion, it is capable of precipitating and facilitating tremendously profound changes in individuals. The act of strength is at once both praised and reviled once the source of such inspiration is uncovered.

Fear causes mortals and immortals alike to view the Cosmos with new eyes once such revelation is visited upon them. Fear is the mind killer, the soul destroyer, the extinguisher of courage, the annihilation of heroism. Mated with revulsion and extreme apprehension, fear is the ultimate expression of reverence. The only pure emotion. The one true emotion.

It is not surprising then that there are both deities and cosmic entities consumed with the need to visit fear upon others. Such beings possess the desire to be venerated in no uncertain terms, a pressing need to be elevated not out of adoration and respect but out of fear and loathing. Their self-infatuation has not only corrupted the purity of the emotion, but has nearly utterly destroyed the drive and directive of fear.

Unconquerable heroes, be it mortal or immortal, have brought shining light into the black abyss of constricting, inconsolable emotion. They have taught others not to fear, not to be afraid, that with love comes the power to deal with any adversity and the power to conquer it to triumph.

Such beings err. They need to be taught how to fear again, they need to be lectured so their faces contort in horror and that their bodies exhibit macabre posturing. They be instructed so that their hearts stop beating and their bodies fail. There is only one true emotion, and that emotion is fear.